Systemic Oral Enzymes (Wobenzym N etc.) for Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Thanks, Calin --- Spraying a couple of times a day sounds good, and not to difficult to remember to do! I've been taking so many supplements, etc.,that I use a checklist each day. Have cut back on some of the supplements, though, and am only using the ones I think are really working.

I think the enzymes seem to be working for me. And, as you say, the enzymes may make the magnesium even more effective. The combination seems to be a good one.

I'm continuing to take 3 enzyme capsules per day; that works for me right now. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I am getting the feeling that your T is reducing and you are feeling very hopeful... yes?

It's not expensive ( the Magnesium oil ) Karen. You will only benefit from it's use IMO.

I do the checklist too! haha

Actually I think it is the magnesium that makes the enzymes more effective and is the carrier. I think that is what I have researched anyway.

Right now I have no T sound. Well... now that I concentrate on it, and am expecting to hear it, of course I hear it - way way far away.

I still hear it lightly when I get up in the AM and ever so faintly when i go to sleep. I haven't had an "episode" in many many days.

Tell me about yours if you don't mind....

3. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, I'd say that I'm feeling cautiously hopeful! I say that because this has been going on for so long, that I'm always kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Right now, the tinnitus isn't so bad. I believe it has taken the edge off. I can still hear the pulsating and ringing, but it is not driving me to distraction, like it often is. It's definitely softer. And, at night when I go to bed, the pulsating isn't like a drumbeat so much as it is like a whooshing. I don't feel the pulsating as a vibration so much as I used to. Hope this makes sense to you! As for the ringing, it used to be actually piercing (like a drill in the side of my head). It is more bearable now -- more like steady ringing.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      hmmm... I like the sound of the change! Are the evenings better for you at least?

I bet tomorrow you will even see more of a reduction.

Hope you check in daily now that you are getting some real results.

I do believe this combo is doing it for us. I sure wish someone else would try it ans see how it goes for them!

5. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, maybe we've started something! Just taking the magnesium might make a difference for most T sufferers. At least, it's worth a try.

I've just ordered some magnesium oil -- I'm going to try using it, and will report back on that, as well.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Oh good!

It tends to get a bit tacky, so I wash my hands after applying it.

I haven't gotten the "overdose" symptoms of runny stools yet. So I hope I am getting enough.

My T is still very faint. I am waking up in the middle of the night and noticing it much much quieter. that is when it was the loudest for me - that and in the am.

I am pleased that my T has not reverted back to a louder volume, but is staying very faint - it does fade out completely at times though. I am hoping that it will stay faded out at some point.

7. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Calin, do you just hear T in your ears or do you also hear it in your head?

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I think I hear it from my inner ear area that stretches to my sides of brain. It is not in the middle of my head... I do know that. That is my sense anyway.

And you?

9. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I hear in my right ear or right side most of the time like during the day but if it is very quiet then it seems to come from inside my head

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      gosh erik... I have replied to you all over the place here! haha....

Are you going to try the magnesium?

11. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      To both of you: I think it is magnesium chloride that makes the difference. I was taking magnesium citrate (in the form of Natural Calm powder) before, and it didn't seem to do anything for my tinnitus. But the magnesium chloride seems to absorb better, and has a calming effect. Or, at least it does for me. Also, Calin, I've noticed that with magnesium chloride, there doesn't seem to be a problem with the "runny stools" you mentioned above. You probably are getting enough magnesium, absorbed through the skin, to make a difference in your T.

As of this evening, things are still going well for me. Pulsating and ringing are both there, but calmer and quieter.

Calin, it's great that yours is so much quieter now. Hope it continues to fade for you!

12. Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I found this thread from a few years ago. Calin, are the enzymes still working for you?

13. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cookie --- I don't think Calin is still taking the systemic enzymes.

I'm still taking them; I take up to 8 per day. The tinnitus is still there, but it is calmer. At least I can sleep more now. Before, I had insomnia due to pulsating/ringing every night. The systemic enzymes agree with me; the brand I'm taking is MediZym. If you Google "Wobenzym and tinnitus", you'll find that these systemic enzymes really help some people reduce, or cure, their tinnitus. It's worth checking into!

14. Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      VitalZym has citric acid which always causes my T to get worse since it is a form of MSG. I started taking Wobezyme N instead which looks purer to me.

15. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I didnt know Citric Acid is a form of MSG. Thanks for the info.

16. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Louise,
      I didn't know that, either! I stopped taking Vitalzym a while back, and have been taking Medizym (6 tablets per day). It hasn't cured my tinnitus, but I think it's one of the things that helps keep it a bit calmer.

17. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Kren, I was always interested in Wobenyme. I bought one pot but that wasnt enough to get any benefits. The dosage for T is high and its an expensive product. I've sucumbed to Clonazepam again, it works so well. Why does it have to be tolerance building? :(

18. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Louise,
      You're right. It seems to take awhile to reap the benefits of systemic enzymes, but that is true of any of the natural supplements. The Medizym I'm taking is very similar in formula to the Wobenzyme, but costs less. The bottle says to take 3 tablets twice a day, so that's what I've been doing. I read the information on Wobenzyme for tinnitus, and I know you're supposed to take a lot more, but the six tablets per day seems to be working for me. I'm trying to stay off all prescription drugs (except my Synthroid) if at all possible; that's why I'm still taking them.

I've heard that Clonzepam is supposed to be very effective for anxiety and tinnitus, but I'm gun-shy about prescription drugs, after my bad experiences with them! (Blood pressure drugs were what caused my tinnitus to be so bad).

19. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      My advice for anyone would be to stay off Benzos. Even though I was unable to myself. On Wednesday it was either the drug or something even less palatable. I just couldnt go on. I read a lot of awful stuff about Benzos, the withdrawl. But the worst thing is that the building of tolerance actually results from physiological changes in the body to counteract the benzo which means the body reduces the number of GABA receptors!! So when you withdraw from a Benzo it takes the body a LONG time to put those receptors back. It seems very unfair!

I think Wobenzyme is 10 a day for T so you have to buy in a lot, its out of my price bracket right now :(

20. Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I took the Wobenzyme yesterday for the first time and my T went down to a 1. I had a great day. Thought I found my cure. But I woke up with my T an 8. Does that make any sense?

21. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I read that if Wobenzyme makes your T worse initially that its a good sign, means its having some impact. Are you taking the full dose (from memory its 10 tabs, maybe more than once a day?)?

22. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, Louise, you are correct. The Wobenzyme site says that often, the T gets worse before it gets better. That happened to me, too, when I first began taking systemic enzymes.

Cookie -- how many per day are you taking? You could start slowly and build up to the 10 tabs, twice per day. Please keep us posted on how you're doing on the enzymes!

23. Cookie

Cookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/11
      I took 3 2x a day. Had no problem. Then today I only took 3 in the morning. I'll have to go to their site. I'm not going to take any tomorrow to get it to calm down then try again. It was very uncomfortable.

24. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cookie --- are you doing any better today than yesterday? It might just have been that it was a little bit too much for your system, too soon! I worked up to 6 tablets daily (3 tablets, 2x per day) by taking first one a day, then two, and so on. Can you believe that, for tinnitus, the doctor who is advocating this says to take 10 tablets, twice a day? That's a lot of enzymes!

25. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      You're so patient. I'd have wolfed down the 20 and expected to see a difference the next day!

26. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Louise, The reason I'm patient is that I've had bad reactions to prescription drugs, and I'm really very gun-shy!! I'll never take another blood pressure drug in my life, that's for sure.

Anyway, even with natural supplements, I feel that the best course is to proceed slowly.

I hope the systemic enzymes work for someone out there; so far, they have probably helped me a little bit, but they certainly haven't cured my tinnitus!

27. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I understand that Karen. I am just very impatient by nature x

28. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Actually, so am I! I'd like to be able to throw caution to the winds a little bit again, wouldn't you? This tinnitus thing certainly makes spontaneity a lot harder!!

29. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      The only thing I dont take chances with is noise. But Ive found myself so desperate I'll throw anything down my throat if its supposed to help :( I find it very hard to sit back and not be trying something. Thats why I think Id be rubbish at TRT.

30. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, me, too. I've been trying all sorts of supplements, vitamins, etc., in the hope that something will work! I think it would be hard to go through the TRT process, too. I haven't tried it yet; trying other things first. I'm having a pretty good tinnitus day today; I don't know why, except that I've taken a couple extra systemic enzymes. Could it be that something is actually working?:unsure:

• Like Like x 1