Systemic Oral Enzymes (Wobenzym N etc.) for Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Sometimes I wonder how big of a pile of vitamins and supplements it really would be if it had all that I've put down my throat over the years.

Probably would fill the space of my apartment.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Well, you'll never know if it was them until you wolf down 10 twice a day! Ha.

I've had my second kiniesiology session today. Im not impressed. I've had acupuncture each week for the last 6, no joy.

The money has run out and I just want the anticonvulsant drugs now. I dont care what the side effects are, I just want this noise gone (or very reduced).

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      Anyone got any improvements with this one?????

4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @nogood,

Just saw your message. Yes, I tried systemic enzymes for many months, after reading up on them. I was very hopeful that they would reduce my tinnitus. However, at least in my case, I didn't notice any real difference. One of the most popular brands is called Wobenzym, and they are fairly expensive.

According to what I've read, they do work for people whose tinnitus is caused by inflammation. So, if you think that could be the case for you, it just might be worth a try! My tinnitus was first caused by noise exposure, then it got worse after taking a blood pressure drug. So that's why the systemic enzymes didn't help me.

If you decide to try it, please do let us know how they work for you!

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      Yes i fairly belive i could be having some sort of inflammatory conditions. Least tht is wht my acupuncture dr said to me.. also i have stiff jaw kinda like tmj these days..
      So want to give it a try..
      Maybe it can help my tmj pains.. something which recently bothering me very much..
      First it was my right side.. now my left side..
      Will try from next month. . Now low on budget

6. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You might be able to find a good price for the systemic enzymes online. I-Herb has a lot of specials, and sometimes free shipping if your order is over a certain amount. Good luck! I'd love to hear that they worked for you!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      @Karen, I also order my supplies from iHerb.. I will try from next month... will update here...

I don't think I can down 20-40 pills a day..
      Maybe 15..

Compare to medical fee here i guess the pills are cheaper...
      One visit to doctor 100-200 easy

8. VaR
      Question it

VaR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection/ETD (don't know exact cause)
      Just came across Wobenzym. Has anyone tried this?

9. Hab
      Curious

Hab Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have, unfortunately it didn't help.

10. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
    11. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, I took systemic enzymes for quite awhile (about a year). For me, it didn't help my tinnitus.

It is supposed to work well for tinnitus that is caused by inflammation. You could to give it a try to see if it works for you. If you do, I hope you'll report back to us to let us know how it works for you!

12. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I will, just got some.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure if it's working or not... Lol

I will say though that my T has become more stable, not sure if it's due to these enzymes or just due to it becoming more stable.

Also, sometimes I skip the dose.. And maybe I should be taking more. I do 8 pills a day.

14. Tilen Tomažič

Tilen Tomažič Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    15. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Is it me or the title says "cure"?

Oh God...

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      If you do it be prepared to spend money there is only one man the German Dr and he had patients take 40 tablets a day I found his actual take on it about 5 years ago ,I spent that money took for weeks and it didnt touch my T He said the only patients it didnt work for were the ones who only took a few tabs a day instead of the 40

17. Maktoum

Maktoum Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 years
    18. DCM

DCM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 12, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bicycle tire Exploding
      Hi
      New with noise induced tinnitus & H in right ear for 4.5 months now. Was an accident that I didn't do at a bike shop. Large exploding tire. My T is not good did improve for the first 2 months but it is about the same. Live in NYC so I have to take the train to work which flares up my T even with head covers or the Bose block out head phone with masking noise playing at a very low volume. Going in cycles of good day, bad, not great, good day, not great, good. Do too much time focusing on it which makes it worse. Been to ENT no ear drum damage and passed the hearing test. Did have inflamation for the first in the R ear for the first 2 weeks used collial silver and it was clear by 4 weeks. Have seen 4 doctors and they say you should be fine and one said that it takes a year for ears to heal.

Using a lot of natural products but use B vitamins, Zinc. Did have success with essential oils in the beginning especial Basil oil used the expensive ones ( the one you join Young Living, they are excellent quality).
      Now I am trying https://www.amazon.com/Wobenzym-Enteric-Coated-800-Count-Bottle/dp/B0015G89SStag=tinntalk-20 . Wobenzym started yesterday, as I seem to have Mucus in my sinus more so on th right hand side. That is the ear that took the hardest hit, I know they are expensive my wife works at a health food store so I get that at cost.
      Has anyone had any success with them. I am also going to see a doctor about some sleep aids as I am using red wine to assist my sleep each night ( not the best I know ).

The one thing I noticed lately is that my better days can be really good but the bad days can be bad not as bad as when it started. The H has improved from the first 2 months but are about the same for the past 2.5 months.
      The one thing I noticed is that the tone had changed more to a tingle in the past few days and my L ear on good days is pretty much quiet.

All the doctors day it takes time and I am affected by noise especially the train even with ear covers.
      And some days I am loosing hope...

Best mcphoto

19. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      DCM if you try those wobenzym you have to take 30 a day and that is a lot of money ,the german Dr used to get frustrated that his patients didnt take the 30 a day for how long I cant remember but its costly,
      As allways with me I emptied my wallet once more for my T and it did nothing zilch nada nout...AGAIN!!

20. DCM

DCM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 12, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bicycle tire Exploding
      Well I got them at cost and the money well I have spent hundreds in the past month. I am trying the most potent strength was taking 3x3/day for the first two days now today I am doing 6x3/day and will continue till the bottle is empty. The C+M works well to calm me down and help sleep. Trying not to focus on the T in the past few days and I noticed that has helped.
      I am sure if I paid enough attention I am giving my ears before this happened I would find some level of T...LO

21. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Thing is the dosage used by the german Dr who is the only one ever to say this works was 10 tablets 3 times a day for weeks

22. DCM

DCM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 12, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bicycle tire Exploding
      I am on my 5th day started the first. two at 3x3 per day now on 6x6 per day did notice my T pitch went up yesterday which was a bad day. Today on the train T will spike see what happens at work. Sleep is hell these days reared for 12 hours last night I will persist with this really nothing to loose. Any help with sleep Would be welcome and it's my birthday today
      Best Denis
      hi
      My wife got a stronger dose age so you use 6 or 7 tablets a day this is a more potent formula than the 10 tablets I will post which one it is

Best
      Hi
      The one I am using is new stronger dosage so you don't need 10 day I think it is 6 or 7 a day. I will check with my wife as she did research on this. This is a WMC case and I wish they would pay for it as I am seeing GP also but they all say time and it can take up to a year for your ears to heal... Had a pretty good day today still way to early to tell but I have noticed the mucus I have been having has pretty much gone in the past few days on my right ear side...Still time will tell

Best Denis

23. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Can confirm, German doctor says 10 tablets, 3 times per day.
      It should help IF your T is caused by inflammation.

24. DCM

DCM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 12, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bicycle tire Exploding
      I am taking the Wobenzym Plus which is the new stronger formula.

25. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, 2 pills, 3 times a day is much better.

26. DCM

DCM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 12, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bicycle tire Exploding
      Been on a week now I would say no change. My biggest problem is sleep just a bear at the moment. I am on this cycle of good day/bad day at the moment. Plus the T has gone to the back of my head on the bad days. Will continue with the 6x3 day which is the same as 10x3 with the normal W. My wife did research on this. Today has not been a great day plus I have H in my right ear. Seeing the doctor next week see if they can help me with sleep aids.

Best Denis

27. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What caused your T?

28. DCM

DCM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 12, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bicycle tire Exploding
      Noise exposure one time, I have heard that these pills won't work but I am giving them a try...

29. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      They would probably work if you have T caused by systemic inflammation.

30. DCM

DCM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 12, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bicycle tire Exploding
      Almost two weeks now I would say nothing. Taking the train in NYC is my biggest challenge. The only thing I had was mucus on my right side seems to be gone now. My H is up this week but I rode my bike in city traffic which set me back. Seeing a doctor next week as I need sleep aids. I use the Bose head phones on the train my t ramps up regardless. Bud I have cut back to 4 days from 6 so I can have 3 rest days at home hoping that will help It is new world for me now and my left ear has improved but my right ear is the one with H & T so it is e real challenge. It is a work mans comp case we will see what they cover. The Mageisum is the best thing for sleep besides wine which has
      Hi
      Been two weeks now and there is an improvement in my L ear but my R (T&H) is OK the H has been setback by a few unexpected noise exposures. Was working 6 days a week now I am cutting back to 4 really need the extra 2 days off. Gives me time around the house and quiet. Will continue with these enzymes @ 6 x 3/day as these are the new stronger ones. I think they may be helping a little. Also bought a noise machine the mechanical ones for sleep and that seems to have helped with sleep. They cost about $50.00. Keep you updated but my L ear has gotten better, my R took the real shot. A little cycling helps too.
      Best D