Thankful

Discussion in 'Support' started by MichaelDC, Nov 27, 2015.

1. MichaelDC
      No Mood

MichaelDC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I just wanted to say that ever since I first experienced T, the worst part was the lonely feeling of suffering from something that not only can't been seen or heard by anyone else, but most people have never even heard of. This is really ironic since it seems to be such a common affliction that is only becoming more common every year.

I just wanted to take this moment to say a special thanks to those of you have lifted me up with your encouragement and stories of success with habituation and moving forward with your lives. You, and perhaps only you, understand how low T can drive a person and how hopeless it can feel in those darkest moments. A kind word can do so much help a person in those moments and if you have ever given so much as single post to pick me up when I needed it, you have my heartfelt gratitude.

I have no idea what is going to happen with my T as time moves on. I have the nagging fear that it will grow worse and it will someday become something that I just can't bear any longer, but for today I have beaten it.

I can only believe that whatever got me through today, can get me through tomorrow too.

I will always do my best to support everyone who calls out for it here and offer all the advice and support I can as I learn to deal with my T in the months and years to come. For now, I'm pretty new to this and hardly have my feet under me yet, but I will do everything I can to pay back the support that has been so generously given to me already.

I don't know who you are, but I know your suffering because it's my suffering too. You are not alone, and perhaps for now, that assurance it all I can offer you.

Until the day there is a cure for this affliction, we have each other and I will do whatever I can for you because I know already that you'd do the same for me.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and may you sleep well tonight-
      Michael

• Hug Hug x 5
      • Like Like x 4
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thanks Michael for the heart-felt post. Good to know that you are doing better and that you will be willing to help others. If there is anything positive coming out of my T experience, it is the keen sense of gratitude for the generous support I had been offered during my darkest time, and that T has generated a sense of compassion for the sufferings of others, after tasting the darkness of it all ourselves. We are all brothers and sisters in this journey with T. The more we look out for each other, the less we feel lonely about our T journey. God bless you and hope you continue to improve.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. billy43
      Lucky

billy43 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/28/13
      Awesome post Michael.perfectly said .post like that is what makes TT a great forum.just being able to support each other as best as possible.Happy Thanksgiving to you also and God bless you!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi MichaelDc,
      A lovely uplifting post and great to hear your doing well and will be around to help and support others going through the same..lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      Great post :) I totally know how you feel and also feel so grateful to have found this group of supportive, knowledgeable people to help me get through this one day at a time ;)

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @MichaelDC hi great post comment. Looking forward to chatting with you.

• Like Like x 1