The Tao of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Ellen, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Ellen

Ellen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      carlover,

Not verified of course, but this Kevin Barry claims that his was also a tick tock tick tock case. Before dying down to near nought after taking up Chi Kung. The Shaolin Wahnam Institute forum lists instructors worldwide, lessons are expensive. Not sure I can post links here but you can google Kevin Barry tinnitus. Non-tinnitus folks practices it for health and well-being.

2. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello Ellen ,funny you kindly put this to me.

I actually used to teach Chi Kung and me and Kevin Barry have emailed each other a few times.

As I said earlier somewhere ,I really have the T shirt.
      Thanks for your thought though Ellen

3. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Im not sure If I have put this up before.Ellen kindly replied to me on another thread about Chi Kung.Sadly she did not coincidentally know I am a qualified acupuncturist(non practicing) and a chi kung(Qi Gong) teacher it has never helped.

But this is a great read and the chi kung I taught Zhineng (In usa known as Chi Lel) has CURED T. Plus I practiced Shaolin Chi Kung which HAS cured T.

Hope you enjoy this as much as me.

http://www.mgraeme.ic24.net/The Rivendale Review Pages/tao of tinnitus.html

4. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I like this explanation from your link carlover. Very clear!!

I sure we would have someone here that did this and got fixed!

5. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Calin ,can I say If I may your blue cut and paste is not from my link so still everyone if inclined read one mans journey to his nearly there cure.
      Calin I love Chi Kung afterwards I feel like ive been plugged into the universe.I could rip up trees(not good for the universe !)
      Zhineng or In the USA chilel, in my opinion Is the most powerful plenty of googling will explain all.

Pete

6. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hi Pete!

That is where I found that description... look in this section of that link: Has the existence of Chi been scientifically demonstrated?

I don't know why it came out blue though! I didn't color it.

ps.. just goes to show you that I looked at the link! ;) I think I have read that before... some time ago though.

7. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      When you cut'n'paste stuff from websites, the website's formatting is preserved.

If the paste looks weird, has big fonts, colors or other unnecessary formatting, you can highlight the text you want to unformat in the text editor (where I'm now writing this) and click the eraser button which is found to the left of "Font Family" dropdown menu.

8. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Oh, OK. thanks.

I occasionally will have to reduce the huge lettering just by highlighting and then reducing the font size.

9. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Calin ,forgive me ,long time since I read it,but wanted people to know it wasnt the full link,hope you dont mind,all the best,Pete

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ellen

Ellen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Hi carlover, can you share more on your experience with Chi Kung?

Would you recommend the Qigong that Kevin Barry practiced under?

11. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Ellen ,this is the Qi gong (chi kung) I practice

Huaxia Zhineng Qigong Clinic & Training Center

Iwas taught by someone whoactually trained at this center.

I have practiced the chi kung that Kevin Barry did.The movements are simplicity itself but without the guidance of a teacher ,you will never get the essence of this the spontaneous part where you feel energy flowing all over you ,its amazing. This is that chi flow part with the master wang kiew kit

You need someone to teach you ,get that and all the books on chi kung make sense and can be a great help.

Afterwards as Ive said elsewhere ,I feel Ive been plugged into a giant universal battery.

Where do you live Ellen?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ellen

Ellen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Have you trained under this grandmaster in the video, Pete? For diseases like hypertension it works fast. On tinnitus, not so fast? Have you seen a reduction in T (though I know TMJ's in your way).

How come a number testimonials that they become psychic. Not sure we all want to go from T to P. Have you encountered same? What do you think happen in those cases? Is that why some folks say Tai Chi suits better?

Shaolin course fees expensive! Euros1, 000? How many exercises have you tried? Takes how long to master it?

Is the qi experienced during acupuncture a more gradual type?

(Pls don't charge me consultation fee for asking so many questions, Carlover, our friendly resident Tai Chi instructor)

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ellen

Ellen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Hit Post Reply but think I lost my whole post.

Here goes again.

Pete, know your TMJ is in the way but has Tai Chi or qigong help? Understand this qigong works for hyoertension fast. But not so quickly for tinnitus?

You intend to attend the grandmaster's course? EUR1, 000 or more. Some testimonials mention they become psychic. What do you think happens?

14. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Ellen ,Ill be honest I believe Chi Kung has the potential to cure most things.Given time.It has not helped my Tinnitus ,but that could be because The Zineng Chi kungI did Inever learnt a part called body mind form ,which Includes a lot of tendon,ligament ,head and neck movements.I shall be learning that soon.

Forget the Psychic ability stuff ,you have a slim chance of that happening.

Re the above video ,I learnt that style from one of his teachers. I actually think ,the courses are ridiculously expensive ,well overpriced.Something that really turned me off.

Where do you live Ellen ,the states or uk?

Ill put this video up ,skeptics will not believe this ,but this is bladder cancer disappering by 3 Zhineng practitioners/trainers at the hospital In China. This is being overseen by a hospital radiographer ,on the left Is a still of the cancer on the right Is the cancer disappearing.The practitioners are using "sword fingers " and projecting "CHI" into the Cancer.
      This hospital had 24 western trained drs. onsite but ONLY to take symptomology before and after time spent there.No medicines or diet just Chi kung but not for 30 minutes a day but for many hours of practice.

Gregg Braden - Quantum Healing of Tumour thru...

15. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20708452

This sudy Is intersting ,id love to know which Chi Kung style was used. Ill take a guess and suggest all they did was take a bastardised westernised version that just quietens the mind with gentle flowing movements.

I bet they never used Pure Chi kung,that takes essence of chi energy from the stars ,air and the earth. (there thats blown your mind hasnt it:p) Pete

16. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      This lady practices my chi kung and see where she says her tinnitus has gone
      http://www.zhinengqigong.eu/CaseEn000857.aspx

2 things ,first because Of work ,lifestyle I have never given Chi kung the amount of time neededeven when teaching it,which could be a good 90 minutes every day. Maybe in the next few weeks I can get to a place where I can and give it the respect it deserves.

You know the more I read about the Divine matrix the more i realise Chi kung is tapping Into that. 21st century medicine that is thousands of years old ..Hows THAT!!!!!!!!

17. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ellen

Ellen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      I am right now based in Singapore, Pete. Just back from US. Not that there's any better treatment here than elsewhere. But oriental treatments here are relatively cheap compared to if you're in Europe/USA. Many free classes for Qigong and Tai Chi here but the free ones are general exercise level rather than indepth practicess. My TCM practitioner says I'm not a suitable candidate for qigong. He is okay with Tai Chi. I'm flustered of course to hear that as qigong is so commonplace here. Everyone can do it, why must I be singled out? At the same time, he is a highly experienced practitioner who have witnessed cases of all sorts. He did cure me of a previous ailment when no one else could. Whether that gives credance to his advice or not, I do recall the trouble a relative got into, with his qigong practice. He was warded for quite a spell after the incident, likely from what is now termed 'spontaneous qigong' or something that caused his qi to run amok.

So on one end of the spectrum are those who benefit tremendously from qigong. I've personally experienced the qi flow after an acupunture session. It is something incredible. Once you've experienced it firsthand, you'd never forget. So I know why people place so much value by it.

On the other end are those where qigong is somehow not suitable.

Sorry, Pete, we were so enthusiastic about qigong, and then someone presents another side of the story. I think some practices has to come under proper discipline and instructions. A layman may think otherwise, and that's not wise.

I ended up borrowing a book on healing by walking instead. Now that can't have any downsides!

Pete, hey? isn't this is a Chiropractor thread - we're running off-course and amok again, this time here!
      Markku must be tearing his hair out!

19. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Ellen ,this stuff about not doing Chi Kung is NONSENSE .Some say you can go mad etc,RUBBISH.Superstitious claptrap,The great joy of chi kung |Is whatever pattern of illness your suffering chi kung will push the energy to where its needed.
      ....any way for the purists who think energy gets stuck etc ,if you do what your supposed to do which is put your mind into your belly button area for a few minutes at the end of the session you will be fine.

Sorry markku ,any chi kung qs better go in the \Tao of tinnitus thread ,ellen might see you over there!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    20. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Merged some of the posts from the Chiropractor thread to the Tao of Tinnitus thread, now it looks good. Thanks for notifying me!

21. Martin

Martin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/12/2012
      Pete, do you think it is helpful to participate on a chi kung course even if it is a different style than zhineng. Where I live zhineng chi kung is difficult to find, but there are courses on other styles like dao hua qigong.

22. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Oh and Ellen ,think about this.If you practiced Chi Kung diligently ,you would never need an acupuncturist ,(maybe he /she knows that ):p

23. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Martin ,well bearing In mind I know nothing of your style ,I would say Why not?:)

I must say Ive practiced on and off for 23 years and zhineng is the one ive been looking for all my life If truth be told. But you know doing chi kung Is very hard for me. Im and extrovert and neet to move ,I lift weights with abandon any time any day .Chi Kung Is something I have to force myself to do but boy im allways glad I did,it makes me feel fantastic.I also genuinly believe If Icould knuckle down and do it for 90 minutes every day for 6 months ,it would deaden my Tinnitus ,just life gets in the way.

Go for it buddy. The author of my OP link did embracing the tree and Shibashi Chi Kung ,which worked for him.Plenty of shibashi you tube ,with shibashi your awareness /mind is on the movements.
      On you tube you will find zhineng as well but the mind goes to various places which cant be shown on the video.
      So really any authentic Chi kung has the potential IMHO. As long as you dont go somewhere where the movements are done in a mechanical way when it becomes gentle stretching ,a complete waste of time.

All the best ,Pete

24. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hi Ellen,

Can you expand a bit on how it felt when you said? : I've personally experienced the qi flow after an acupunture session.

Love to hear it!

25. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      CanI say what it feels like for me Calin ,if you go two videos up you will see practioners of shaolin cosmos chi kung "swaying In the wind" boy its wonderful ,like your hypnotised difficult to explain ,you never want it to end ,just waves of energy flowing. Sometimes your thinking Im making this happen its not real but after a few minutes it all goes and however hard you try ,you cant force it back.In that video you will a guy In black jumping about ,sometimes you do all sort of movements ,and noises.Its chi energy readjusting Itself.I used to do kung fu and when im in this "state" I might throw punches but far faster than I could do normally.This is a major part of shaolin cosmos chi kung ,but not Zhineng ,but I wll do cosmos just to get to here so I can experience it. Never felt that with acup. treatment only the sick feeling when a needle has hit the correct spot and moved the Chi but that is not pleasant.

Incidentally Chi is easy to feel.Stand relax put your hands about 6 inches apart palms facingelbows bent ,like holding an accordian ,relax,relax,relax put your mind into the middle of your palms for a few minutes then slowly open and close a couple of inches not touching you will feel a magnetic pull ,that is chi.

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ellen

Ellen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Thanks for merging, and sorry for straying.
      Blame it on Carlover's enthusiam and zest for life - you get all sidetracked and forget where you are.

Head Honcho gets to keep his full head of hair!

27. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Yes, I have felt the energy when doing the 2 palms facing each other exercise.

I have felt energy waves / movement at certain times in my body. Starting from feet and then it travels up. I wanted to compare what I was feeling when this happens to what Ellen said happens to her.

Do you experience qi energy in the full body? Can you explain for me what it feels like?
      When this sensation happens to me, it is nice, however, I have to shake my foot, stamp or shake hands to release it at times. It comes in waves.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ellen

Ellen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013

Hello, carlover.
      We meet here again..

{{ whimper, whimper }}

Have you ever encountered 'spontaneous qigong', carlover?
      As in this link --

http://www.dontow.com/2009/08/spontaneous-qigong-or-zifagong-自发功/

Shaolin Wahnam video clips show a session of this 'activity' as well.
      One guy was flipping all over.
      How does it actually feel? And it's no good to suppress the flow?

{{ whimper, whimper }}

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ellen

Ellen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      The qi I had years ago after acupuncture was a strong yet subtle energy force that surge from the abdomen to the head, before it circulates round the body. Although it was my first time experiencing this, it was very obviously qi. The pureness and clarity was incredibly healing.

30. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Ah... thanks Ellen. Can you say what it felt like? The sensation of the energy? Can it be compared to something?