The Tao of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Ellen, Feb 28, 2013.

1. sweetincense

sweetincense Member

Tinnitus Since:
      friend has it since childhood
      hi again, friends, it is looking like my link to La Chi didn't show up....please let me know if it is not accessible to you. I am going to make a huge post for you all on resources and more thoughts on this topic.... working on it.... yes, Mingtong Gu is a good source. more on him later...

2. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I don't know if it's just me but I'm completely lost with all these different forms of qigong:(
      Where do I start?

• Like Like x 1
    3. sweetincense

sweetincense Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi there!

to start: I am not a doctor or a medical professional, I share everything below as a layperson with opinions. Given what share below, I feel the need to disclaim, though I do not know if that is legally necessary, here goes:
      My writings on tinnitustalk.com provide general information and discussion about medicine, health and related subjects. The words and other content provided in these writings, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately-licensed physician or other health care worker.
      Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 000 immediately.
      The views expressed in these writings have no relation to those of any academic, hospital, practice or other institution with which the authors is or is not affiliated.

Here's the promised long response. I am sorry, Valeri, to add to your confusion, which this entry may..... My encouragement to you would be to check out websites, youtubes, get a vibe off of the person, watch their videos, pick one, and dig in. I include a way to start practicing for free absolutely immediately, below.

so, here are some more contemplations and potential directions....I hope these links make it--they come cut/pasted from emails to other people. I repeat some information that Carlover has already provided, it seems....

As I wrote to Carlover, I have not studied Zhineng extensively but am familiar with their basic practice and know that it has an incredible track record, and I feel, a very sweet "qi field", connected to it.

First, I am remembeirng now: Ooi Kean Hin does skype and distance healing work--he's a Zhineng Master and Healer, a brilliant mind, and fascinating scientist, witty, sweet, kind--the one shown in Carlover's video. He is incredible, and he is very responsive to emails! I met him while in Penang--he kindly agreed simply to meet with me to discuss the world of qi gong, Zhineng qi gong, and his fascinating studies and work. So, personally, I would contact him and ask what he charges to do distance emitted qi work for tinnitis. He could very well have success stories! Carlover? You studied with him? I would like to study with him someday too--he has a group of healers doing emitted qi work in his clinic in Penang. I deeply and enthusiastically admire this man's passion to bring qi gong into the world of recognized, "legitimate" medicine. It is so powerful, and as this world deals with increasing health issues, it needs self-empowering answers to "incurable" things....and I believe qi gong has them. God bless Ooi Kean Hin and his mission!

I know you can get really solid learning materials from chicenter.com. Ming Tong Gu is one of the remaining 30 or so high level masters trained at the center itself by Dr. Pang (I was told there are 80 remaining teachers from the center itself, 30 of whom, including Ming Tong Gu, are world class healers. He was named by Dr. Effie Chow's Annual World Congress on Qi Gong, Qi Gong Master of the Year in 2014. Sifu Wong of Shaolin Wahnam Chi Kung (I always forget he uses Chi Kung instead of Qi Gong) was named by the Congress as Qi Gong Master of the Year in 2009, I believe it was.

I can say I have heard others say of Ming Tong Gu that he is not as collaborative in spirit as the other remaining Masters trained by Dr. Pang, but that is the only thing negative I have ever heard of him, and i have heard much positive. His office staff is spectactularly kind, loving, helpful, though I have never met him. I personally know one of the women, Bianca Molle, who has cured herself of Parkinsons under Ming Tong Gu's instruction. I have his DVD's and CD's, and I find them potent and very well put together. My Dad is strengthened and feels good (he has Parkinsons) every time he simply takes a nap with one of the qi transmission healing DVD's (not for exercising to, just listening to).

I do not know any of the other Zhineng (or Chil-El) teacher's recordings, but....I bet there are other good ones out there! I love Wei Qi Feng of Daohearts so much (his accent is heavier though which for some may be a challenge...). He is a true sweetheart--I personally would very much like to study someday with him soon. BTW, he is on tour right now teaching in New Zealand, if you can pop over from Australia! just google him to get to his blog and contact his assistant Harmony. She can also tell you where to get his recordings, I know they have them. As you can tell, I appreciate so much about the world of qi gong, and the hearts of Harmony and Wei to me epitomize the essence of what I feel Zhineng Qi Gong to be about..... Wei's personal practice itself is so elegant.

btw, you could start a Zhineng practice for FREE tonight if you follow these instructions below! Sorry, it's a bit messy going to copy/paste from an email sent to a friend who is very ill, and without money for treatment whatsoever. the encouragement I give her to do qi gong all day long is because she is incredibly ill. If you can get a 1 hr/day practice going, that is a fantastic start. And you will likely notice your energy and well-being start to shift quickly. Side note: for a general way to treat your ears, you can do a practice, and when your qi is flowing, rub your hands together, and just massage and hold them over the ears for a few minutes, focusing qi on the ears and intending them to heal. you might also try the daily habit of ending your practice by rubbing your kidneys and massaging the back over them, holding your palms over them--they are associated with the ears. Ok, on to the larger practice:

Chi Lel_La Chi Practice.flv
        okay, start here. just start doing qi gong all day, whenever you can wake up and do it, so a few minutes, fall asleep, do some more, do it in your imagination if you cannot do it physically. Please, I do not have time to explain all of this, or how amazing Chil El (aka Zhineng or Wisdom Healing Qi gong) is, but...there's a huge qi field that's available to you RIGHT NOW to start helping you. Just intend to tap in, and you are IN, and it's helping you. I cannot emphasize what I am saying enough! Get going girl! Okay, more instruction to follow. Just do La chi as much as you can when you are not following the next instructions. Be sure to feel the qi (burning, cold, tingling, whatever sensations you personally get, between your hands. try to have a relaxedly focused mind to the bes tof your ability, and keep your mind on any energetic sensations you have in your being, look also for enhanced saliva flow--all signs that energy is rolling and you are now in a therapeutic qi state....just gentle awareness of these things, and if you do not feel them for a while, do not worry, just keep gently going).

safe_image.php?d=AQDyBWp9ZQVamZ69&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FD0hc8qjcTAM%2Fhqdefault.jpg
        Chi Lel_La Chi Practice.flv
        www.youtube.com
        I made this in 2009, originally for a friend who had a brain tumor whom I could not practice directly with due to being in different states. It is showing La...

• 2. Watch this Zhineng Qi gong full class intro level class for free, and do what you can of the exercises:
        The Chi Center ~ Beginning Qigong Practice
        you could add the exercises he demos to your daily routine.

safe_image.php?d=AQAJsTanSv_ejIAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FKkmQw5qMYs4%2Fhqdefault.jpg
        The Chi Center ~ Beginning Qigong Practice
        www.youtube.com
        Mingtong Gu is an internationally recognized teacher and healer who received his training from a variety of Grandmasters in China and at the world's largest ...

• 3. Now, EVERY DAY, prefreferably twice, do this Lift Qi Up, Pour Qi Down practice. here is an abbreviated 17 minute practice, but search and you can find videos of it done over a 25 minute period. I imagine 17 minutes is plenty for you given your fatigue level. Do it in your imagination if you cannot actually do it.
        Daily 17 min Qi Gong practice with Mingtong
        . Keep your mind relaxededly focused if possible, scan your body for qi sensations gently as you practice. again, do not worry if you do not notice any at first.

safe_image.php?d=AQC5SSTLFf2pn8gw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FZgRsoPlYHvY%2Fhqdefault.jpg
        Daily 17 min Qi Gong practice with Mingtong
        www.youtube.com
        Qi (Chi) means "life energy" and gong means "cultivation and its benefits." Qigong, an ancient technology and revitalized science of energy healing, has deve...

4. play these healing session audios once a day when you are resting. this is another Zhineng qi gong teacher. they are all part of the same qi field, if that makes any sense. they are all considered amongst the top living Zhineng qi gong teachers in the world. all of these recordings are potentized. again, no time to explain what i have experienced or seen, but just get going with all these! Don't worry about how it will work, or if you can really understand what htey are saying... just play them, and rest if you can. i play them in the background even when I do work around the house, and even in such a sloppy fashion, I notice a lift.
      • Qi Healing with Teacher Xi Xiaofeng

safe_image.php?d=AQDo86sQxB72EXMQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FrLAk82ms0jk%2Fhqdefault.jpg

Qi Healing with Teacher Xi Xiaofeng
        www.youtube.com
        Join Teacher Xi Xiaofeng and his friends at Harmonious Big Family for a Qi healing practice. This is a recording of a recent HBF online session on 23 June 20...

• Here is a blog of some of these teachers, in case you are interested. https://harmoniousbigfamily.wordpress.com/tag/prominent-zhineng-qigong-teachers/
        Posts about prominent Zhineng Qigong teachers on Harmonious Big Family
        harmoniousbigfamily.wordpress.com
        Posts about prominent Zhineng Qigong teachers written by Harmonious Big Family

• 5. here is the chicenter.com, home of Ming Tong Gu and Wisdom Healing Qi Gonjg . fyi o, regarding Zhineng qi gong, at this point it is alternatively called Chil El, Wisdom Healing Qi Gong (by Ming Tong Gu). You can find tons of amazing info and testimonials and information about Dr. Pang nad the medicine free hospital he had in China--he is the developer

• okay, so to repeat, here's an instantly implementable practice, using the free links/videos above:
        1. doing la qi in as frequent an interval as you can, all day long
        2. watch the beginner class. mark down times in the recording where he does exercises. do those exercises once a day in your mind or physically.
        3. 2-3 x a day, do the LCUPCD (Lift Chi Up Pour Chi Down) 17 minute daily practice video
      • 4. Play the qi healing session audios....just rest and listen once per day or play while you are sleeping.

• HUGE HUGS! xoxoxox

• ps. if that list seems daunting, just do whatever you can, as much as you can, right away, and each day do a tiny bit more... do not strain yourself, just be focusedly determined, make an effort, get tired, rest, recoup, start again. hope that's clear!
        and don't eat gluten, dairy, or sugar if you can please stop doing that asap! ;

Ok, new tinnitus group friends, I just checked my email, et voila, I have more to add to this now very large entry.

Synchronously! Wow-JUST got this letter from Dr. Chow whom I am in correspondence with and will resume studies with someday. She's a great lady, as well as a great Grandmaster! I had been writing her to ask her blessings for my decision to go work with Sifu Wong, due to my Dad's I-don't-want-to-work-for-my-health requirements. This was her reply--thought I'd post it due to the exciting random synchronous tinnitis mention. And...I was just remembering, I myself once helped effect a tinnitis healing long long ago! I had completely forgotten this. I had just learned Reconnective Healing, only Level 1, and I worked on a girlfriend, and her ringing stopped immediately. It stayed gone for over a year. As you will note below, Dr. Chow reports that this person's qi effect was 10 days out. When you get healings like that, the common wisdom is, you have a far greater chance of "keeping them" if you actually have your own practice and are keeping your qi levels high and replenished.

From Dr. Chow:
      "I know Master Wong Kiew Kit very well and highly respect him. Did you ask him how quickly your dad can expect results from the "forbidden to practice more than 15 minutes two times a day"? (Elizabeth inserting: Sifu Wong said that with his pracitce people see results at 3,6, 9 months, with most diseases highly resolved by 9 months. I actually had changes occur in the first session of class with him. His son runs a facility in Kuala Lampur that guarantees complete healing with a contract and medical doctor's signing off of all diseases if you stay for 1 year. I was told the cost is $10,000. They said they had had 80 yo's with advanced Alzheimer's heal completely. So, I can say nothing personally about that, but since I am here reporting for other's benefit, I am simply sharing what I know for others to investigate. his classes in general are the most expensive I have ever encountered. But... something like healing from Parkinsons or Alzheimer's for $10,000? I would never complain of that. continuing with Dr. Chow's lettter...: )

The following is my news and good....Out of many clients, I want to share these two especially with you.....In the past two weeks I had a client with severe MS and another with severe Parkinsons'.
      One client from France with serious MS and breast cancer...Cancer is now almost in remission with Chow Qigong. With her MS she had severe mobility problems--mincing steps, staggering balance, right shoulder lower than left, moderate scoliosis, problem with stairs, cold hands and feet, weakness and stiffness of legs more with left leg, severe left leg spasms/cramps, cannot be touched without jerking,-- now all 90% improved!
      Second client from Illinois with severe parkinsons' -- exhibiting mincing steps, loss of balance needing to hold onto something in walking very slowly, slight speech impairment, constant moderate to severe tremors worse in left hand/arm, cannot climb up and downstairs without holding tightly to banister, severe constant sciatica pains, have not been on floor for years cannot get down to nor up from floor, trouble getting in and out of bed, trouble sitting down to and getting up from chair, etc.. -- came for four days intensive work with Chow Qigong....first day tremors controlled, and within the four days, all the above 95% improvement...eg. could easily get down and up from chair and floor, get in and out of bad easily, walked up and down stairs easily without needing banister, walk with longer strides and balanced, and etc....
      You know I teach that healing energy is transferable...well, her daughter had constant ringing in the ears for nearly two years, at the end of the first day (I did not personally work with her, but asked her to absorb the healing that was taking place), her ringing in her ears totally disappeared and did not have it for the rest of four days...reported ten days later that it is still clear!
      I wish you and your dad all the best with Master Wong Kew Kit....Hope your dad gets tremendous success.... Please let us know how he does, and that I am here if you need anything"

So, that is a sweet note from Dr. Chow! I hope someday to also complete my certification with her. Her manual techniques are really amazing! And her certification system is very succinct, easy, and frankly would be beautiful for every human in to have in their life-skills toolbox. Her accupressure and manual techniques are whip-smart and incredibly simple to use, and energetically harmonize with her Precious 8 Exercises (tweaks of the 8 Silk Brocade). Her manual techniques can be absolute lifesavers in emergencies. I had two friends experience total disappearance of pain and numbness from 6 & 7 year injuries in a single session with me--and I am a total novice, if perhaps a good qi conduit. As Dr. Chow taught me, I credit God, those techniques, and of course the willingness of the friends worked on to heal.

You can learn via her recordings too, but not about her manual techniques that deal with the tinnitis...although, again, I encourage you to contact her, as perhaps there could be possiblities embedded in her recordings that I am not remembering clearly, for those of you who want to work with her, but cannot travel to receive treatments or study. She does long distance qi emission too, but not sure about that for tinnitis..again, just ask her!.... I believe I posted elswhere to buy her recordings online. Here's the link. http://eastwestqi.storenvy.com/ And here is her email eastwestqi@aol.com Again, even if you just get a practice going off of videos, that is quite the boost up in life! Dr. Chow also has a great youtube channel with some free meditations, and a couple exercises, and tons of qi gong information, and footage from her annual World Congresses. She is a treasure and a great promoter of these arts worldwide, as well as an incredibly potent Grandmaster teacher and healer.

I just deeply urge and re-urge people, please get going with some very high level of qi gong!!!! Make sure it's a form in which you find testimonials of tinnitis healings, since that is your main focus. but really, healing your tinnitis is just a hint of what is possible with qi gong, it so deeply empowers and awakens your life.

Carlover, you are far more experienced a practitioner than I.....please correct anything I write above if you believe it in appropriate for people on this site.....

Wishing everyone the best, and happy healing!

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. sweetincense

sweetincense Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ps. one last thought re: Zhineng Qi Gong. I met another Zhineng master in Hawaii at Kokolulu Farm--a healing center which brings in Zhineng masters exclusively to stay in residence, treat patients, and teach, in a small-scale attempt to recreate the medicine-free hospital in Huxia. For someone with the resources, this would be another great option. Kokolulu focuses on cancer treatment, but that would not prevent anyone from benefitting greatly from being there. Contact Lew there for more information. Being on the Big Island alone is therapeutic in and of itself. :) btw, Lew and his wife are qi gong afficianados, each with....I believe it was 20+ different qi gong certifications under their belts. That is unusual! they have been going to China to study with different masters for decades. To them, Zhineng is by far the most potent and developed healing modality. Neither has studied with or knows the work of Dr. Chow or Sifu Wong Kiew Kit, also discussed here. Lew did know of Dr. Chow, and that she is considered to have a good reputation. I interviewed him early this summer when contemplating who to study with for my Dad's sake.
      And FYI: there are thousands if not tens of thousands of qi gong lineages and schools in China....

5. adam2525
      Balanced

adam2525 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @sweetincense

A "like" or "agree" doesn't do your post justice. What a magnificent post. Thank you very much.
      I think you have just won post of the year. :)

Though I am pretty experienced in Qigong and Tai Chi, for some reason Zinheng /Chi-lel qigong passed me by.

Carlover recommended Chilel.com. I have purchased a DVD and I am waiting for delivery. I also bought a couple of ebooks from the Chi Centre. I feel like a kid in a sweet shop. I get so exited when I find a high level form that I haven't practiced :)

Thank you sweetincense.

Adam

• Like Like x 1
    6. sweetincense

sweetincense Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oh, Adam! Thank you, that made my day! or rather early AM as it is now 3:38 where I am. I was feeling a little unsure about such a lengthy post. Your words just brushed that uncertainty away. :)

I know what you mean about kid in a candy store. I am really in love for different reasons with all of the forms I have ever learned. And each master brings such a unique imprint to a style. I find it thrilling, simply to experience!

enjoy! :)

ps. from Chi Center--my favorite publication that I have from them is the Sound Healing two CD set with the color booklet. It's an advanced practice that I haven't fully dug into, but....the book is such a pretty resource. You likely know the information contained, minus perhaps their particular mantras, but something about the way the book is set up and the illustrations really communicates the different layers of energetic information very well.

Thanks again for your kind words! :)

• Like Like x 1
    7. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @sweetincense

Wow, thank you sooooo much for taking time to write all that!
      I will have to read it few times for things to sink in:)
      I ordered Dr Chows DVDs from the amazon, now not sure if I e done the right thing:(

• Like Like x 1
    8. sweetincense

sweetincense Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Valeri, I am pretty sure you can return them, and.....just watch her practice on youtube, give her a shout on email, see how you feel about the practice and the interaction. Same for anyone else I mentioned in my long posting... And...I would suggest, do not give up until you are healed! If one qi gong form or master does not "work" for you, go to the next, but give them a decent chunk of time to see if you are improving....like 6 months of dedicated practice. If you can get a practice going, and get to someone for emitted qi treatment, that would be good.

Finally, I want to share this resource--though not billed as such, it is a qi gong technique, in that you tap on meridian points. Called Faster EFT, and truly, it is far "faster" than traditional EFT.
      This could be done in conjunction with qi gong, and you might get really lucky, and have super fast resolution with it. I have used it on injuries for people, and have had even faster results than with qi massage and accupressure techniques from Dr. Chow. Here's a thread on tinnitus. You can easily teach yourself to do this via a 7 day free tutorial you can sign up for at fastereft.com, and he's got 700 some videos up on youtube--an unfathomable treasure for anyone truly dedicated to healing themselves. He's put it all up there, it just takes devoting a little time each day to learn and start tapping to make big differences in your life. Hmm....forgot this one when I was sharing hte resources earlier. I am as enthusiastic about faster EFT in general, as I am qi gong.
      So,
      fastereft.com
      http://www.fastereft.com/community/general-fastereft-questions/getting-rid-of-tinnitus
      and Healingmagic youtube channel.

And to exhaust my favorite healing "secret weapons" of an energetic and mysterious nature, though I had no help from these modalities, I know of some absolutely incredible healing stories from friends using:
      The Body Codes
      The Healing Codes
      The Reconnection / Reconnective Healing (that was the system I used when my friend was unexpectedly healed of tinnitus, to both of our complete surprise)

(All fully worth considering...these all, however, require practitioners....except the Healing Codes book does have a simple pattern you can do yourself).

Wishing you all health, vitality, and perfect hearing!

9. adam2525
      Balanced

adam2525 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @sweetincense

I think we might be "separated at birth". :)
      I love Faster EFT, and I also think it is the most effective out of all the various EFT protocols I have used over the years. Now its the only one I use. It really is amazing.

Adam

• Like Like x 1
    10. sweetincense

sweetincense Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @ John Lemon
      (hmm...not sure that "tagged" you. do i just type the persons name to tag them? your identity did not show when I did it, so I just carried on with typing your name).

so....wow! yes! I take it you feel the same way: Qi Gong + FEFT = the best ever!
      have you healed your tinnitus or still working at it?

did you certify in FEFT?

what forms of qi gong/martial arts have you studied?

so excited to have met a crib mate! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    11. adam2525
      Balanced

adam2525 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @sweetincense
      I'm still working on my tinnitus. I'm more or less there. Still have it, but most of the time I don't really give a damn about it. I'm 90-95% habituated. The only time I have an issue with it, is when I get an out of the ordinary spike. Though having said that I deal with these spikes a heck of a lot better and a lot faster (days instead of weeks) than I did a couple of years ago. I can simplify it even more. I'm only bothered by my tinnitus when I care about it.

No, I didn't certify in FEFT. I use it strictly for personal use. I've showed friends and family how to use it and then usually suggest they sign up for the free 7 day quickstart course. Robert Smith wrote that if you are only going to use FEFT on a personal level there is no need for certification and everything one needs is on his website and youtube channel. Thats one of the things I really like about him. He doesn't try and sell you everything under the sun.

Over the years I've learned so many different forms. There are loads I've forgotten. The main ones have been:
      Shibashi
      Ba Duan Jin
      Standing (Lam Kam Chuen)
      Tai Chi Chi Kung (Mantak Chia's very short form Tai Chi)
      Chen Man Chings Yang 37 posture short form
      Dragon & Tiger Qiqong (Bruce Frantzis)
      Shaolin Wahnam
      I'm now going to spend the next few months practicing Chi-Lel Qigong. I'm very exited about this.

Adam

PS. Tagging: You need to tag the name in blue. So in my case adam2525 with no space between the @ and the name. Such as @adam2525

The John Lemon is just my pet lemon impersonating John Lennon :)

12. sweetincense

sweetincense Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @adam2525

Wow, I am impressed. You and Carlover are quite the afficianados! :)

I have been corresponding with him about Shaolin Wahnam, which I am looking at/became involved with to help my Dad most especially--I had wanted to study ZQG. I actually went to Dr. Chow too initially for my Dad (who has Parkinsons/Lyme). I would love to hear your experience in-depth. Going to write you private as this isn't regarding tinnitus--Carlover pointed out to me that perhaps the rest of this group is not as excited about the topic as we are. :)

Excited to hear your thoughts!

13. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      i am excited to hear about this and have been following this thread with great interest and have book marked it. Havent posted on it cos dont know much about it but real interested to read and learn so please can it be kept public.
      Thanks a lot

14. sweetincense

sweetincense Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @amandine hi! I will excerpt from those messages as best I can anything that seems material! let me get through the current set of correspondences, and I will surely excerpt, then make a posting of them :)

best healing wishes to you!

15. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @sweetincense

I've sent two emails to dr chow but no reply at all.
      Not sure how to go about this, what does it take to talk to her?

16. sweetincense

sweetincense Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @valeri

She travels a lot, just be persistent, and don't take offense. All of these masters have so many people emailing every day, and if she's traveling to treat someone, teach, or at a conference, sometimes emails can take a long time for her to reply to. She personally handles all of her email. The best thing for you to do is just email her maybe every couple days, and/or call her. I hope she can offer some additional help! `

• Like Like x 1
    17. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @adam2525

Have you had any success in treating tinnitus by practicing qigong?

18. adam2525
      Balanced

adam2525 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @valeri

It depends what you mean. If you mean did I lower the tinnitus signal through the practice of qigong then the answer is no. However I should add that I never really practiced qigong to specifically treat my tinnitus. I practiced qigong and tai chi way before I got tinnitus and carried on after.

Did it help in the habituation of my tinnitus? Possibly played a part in it. A good dose of relaxation, calm and just feeling good can't do any harm. But I'm guessing you really want to know if there was an empirical lowering of the tinnitus and that is no.

However, I intend to practice Zhineng Qigong for the next few months with the intention of lowering the tinnitus sound itself. Its an experiment on myself. Nothing to lose. Worse case scenario I learn a new form. Best case scenario I lower my T.

Adam

19. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
    20. adam2525
      Balanced

adam2525 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @valeri

From the chicenter.com I bought the ebook "More Energy, More Life"
      From chilel.com I bought the DVD "101 miracles of natural healing"

21. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-2013
      just my 2-cents worth. I have trained with Wong Kiew Kiet. Nice man with the best of intentions. But If I am honest, the entire bull crap about energy and the cosmos is just....well a nice story. It is just a big pile of horse dung.

That said, "they" do have a point. I have experienced what is called Chi Flow. The perception is real, Chi is not. Chi-Kung is just a way to put your brain in a nice and relaxed state. In that state the parasympathetic nervous system is activated. Via your vagus nerve your brain starts to properly control your organs (slow heart rare, improve digestion, initiate immune response, reduce blood pressure etc etc). Since the vagus nerve is extremely important in the immune response, activating your parasympathetic nervous system via Chi-Kung might just put you in the best possible position to fight any illness.

Western medicine is far to arrogant. We know that stress can cause illness. Why could Chi-Kung (anti stress) not help you to fight illness? Chi-Kung, they might be right and if western medicine/research was not so goddamn arrogant they might find-out why Chi-Kung can be effective.

Chi-Kung had a positive effect on my. It got me through the toughest part of tinnitus. It helped me sleep much better, it helped me relax more often, it helped my digestion, it improved energy levels, it reduced my depressed sate and it reduced (to almost 0%) my chronic fatigue (had that since I contracted a Herpes zoster infection and Pfeiffer's disease).

I found an article about chronic fatigue and the vagus nerve: nice read. It is a nice example of how western medicine finally start to investigate symptoms that where unexplainable despite people reporting them over and over again. It also shows you the shear importance of this particular nerve.
      http://simmaronresearch.com/2013/12...gus-nerve-infection-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

Chi-Kung might just be a way to have it function properly.....

22. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-2013
    23. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @adam2525

Can you recommend any DVDs from the chi centre that I can buy to practise zhineng?

Also, all in all what is the best form of qigong to practise?

24. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I was in email contact with barry about 3 years ago ,here is one of his emails to me.Barry smale taught me as well (he is mentioned)

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your email. You are the first person to write to me and possibly the first person to see the blog!

I plan to post a link to my blog on the tinnitus forums and invite people to read it if they wish, but I haven't done so yet as I still want to do a few things with it like add a bit more detail and put a few photos of myself there (just to show who I am!!!). I've been waiting for the right time...and your email has had the very welcome effect of telling me that the right time is now! Thank you!

A lot of Chi Kung that is taught today is not genuine Chi Kung. Genuine Chi Kung is very rare but incredibly, it is taught in the UK and taught in Ireland. I met Barry Smale last year in Brighton and he is a wonderful teacher and a a terribly nice guy. I cannot recommend learning from him highly enough.

No, my blog isn't two years old. Its only a few weeks old.

How am I today? ...Pete, I am doing very very well. I went to my first live gig since January 2000 a couple of weeks ago. I saw Echo and the Bunnymen! My hyperacusis is gone and my tinnitus is 95% reduced. Incredible stuff.

Thank you again Pete for the email. You can expect to see me on the tinnitus forums in a few days.

All best wishes,

Kevin

25. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
    26. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
    27. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @carlover

Thank you for the above links!
      Which video are you using, level 1 or 2?
      Is it safe just to follow the video or it's necessary to learn from the master?
      No classes around where I live:(

I came across this eight brocades on YouTube, could you please tell me your opinion!
      Thanks!

Qigong Warmup and Exercise

• Genius Genius x 1
    28. sweetincense

sweetincense Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Gang!

Lots of interesting posts!
      For those going very deep with Zhineng, or actually for anyone going anywhere of depth with any of these arts, here's a resource from Master Wei. I do not have these yet, but I imagine they are excellent given his stature as a practitioner and position at the Medicine-free hospital.

Hey Carlover, I agree, haola--you are so healed! :)

I want to say I have utmost respect and gratitude to Master Wei and Harmony, who have helped me through a very challenging year of seeking help for my father. Though it appears Zhineng will not be his choice, they have supported me, for absolutely free, enormously, and I hope to study with Wei at some point. I consider them to be paragons of the true heart of healing. In honor and support of Master Wei's work, I submit this for your consideration.

From Wei:

Dear practitioners and friends,

Wei and Patricia have now published their second book of Dr Pang’s methods. This new book covers methods developed by Dr Pang after he put together The Methods of Zhineng Qigong Science and is called Later Methods Zhineng Qigong and Taiji. You can read more about the book on www.qigongtrust.org.nz

As with the first methods book, the text is accompanied by illustrations of the postures and movements, many of them photographs. We have also again provided diagrams and a location guide for energy points that feature in the book.

It’s been great to have so much positive feedback on our translation of The Methods of Zhineng Qigong Science. The methods in this translation do not replace those of the earlier book. They were mainly created as a support for them and to raise people’s level of practice and their abilities.

Our new book is of great value not only to qigong practitioners, but also for anyone practising taiji or the martial arts. Taiji Ball and Straight Legs Sitting Posture are both relevant to all these practices. They contain valuable explanations from Dr Pang about the functioning of the human body and how we can build our internal qi.

Please forward this email to anyone you know who may not receive it but may be interested in Later Methods Zhineng Qigong and Taiji.

Click on www.qigongtrust.org.nz to read about, see extracts from, and purchase the book.

Wei Qi Feng and Patricia Fraser

http://www.daohearts.com/session-times/

Blog: http://harmoniousbigfamily.wordpress.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harmonious-Big-Family/158633647485019

Cell phone: 18078410385

29. Larry Calella

Larry Calella Member

Hello,
      I need some help. I had visited this site a few months ago and had com across a Zhineng master website but I can not find it anymore He answered all peoples questions and gave Skype sessions. Fortunately I kept his email address.
      okhpen@gmail.com
      Will someone plrase tell me his name, website and where on Tao of tinnitus he is mentioned? Thanks,
      Larry

30. adam2525
      Balanced

adam2525 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Larry,

I think its Ooi Kean Hin's website.
      Click here -> Qigong Zhineng

Adam