The Voice Contestants, Judges, Loud Music, No Hearing Protection? Is This a Complete Brain Problem?

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeannie, May 3, 2016.

1. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      As I sit here and watch The Voice, not one of the contestants have ear protection while up on stage with the instruments blasting!

Makes me wonder does this crap have anything at all to do with the ears, or just a complete brain problem.

I know it comes from the brain but wonder if ears play zero in tinnitus?

Seems like these people would be getting ringing after this...

Judges sit there all year and no protection....just a thought....could this have absolutely nothing to do with auditory at all?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. TeresaD
      Fine

TeresaD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @jeannie
      I've also wondered the same thing. Why do so many of us get this and others don't? I went to a lot of concerts and listened to loud music all my life, but so did all my friends and not one of them have this, just lucky me

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      being on a show like that as a one time deal probably exposes you to 100-110 db for ~20 minutes. That's no problem for 99% of the population, it's like being stuck outside in a thunderstorm or something.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Paul D
      Balanced

Paul D Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/01/2010
      In reference to The Voice, I often crank it way up on the sound system. Seems to have absolutely no effect on my Tinnitus later that evening or the following day(s). But then again, when you were a kid, did you ever experience prolonged ringing in the ears after a real loud or extended noise, where other kids with you were seemingly unaffected? 'Tis a mystery!

5. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Louis Walsh has come out and admitted he's losing his hearing and said being a judge on the X Factor contributed to his hearing loss.That dude Zayn Malik I think his name is?Anyway he's admitted that he left one direction because he has Tinnitus from all the screaming fans.Brian Johnson has hearing loss,Tinnitus and Hyperacusis.

It's not that it's a brain thing it's just ignorance on their part.Louis doesn't have T,Zayn does and also Brian.Simple answer is Louis just got lucky......so far.