ti-ex Tinnitus Therapy

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Michael Larsen, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I do hope you consider what I have said Allan and try and focus on the here and now. By putting your hopes on Neuromod, you are subconsciously thinking your tinnitus will not improve until such a treatment becomes available. This is not a good idea.

All the best
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
    2. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      My tinnitus has been quite bad for several days in a row a Michael, it's wearing me down and sadness is entering my spirit again. Sadness for a life has gotten lost.

3. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Allan1967

I am sorry to know that you are going through a difficult time at the moment Allen and this does happen. Although it isn’t easy, try to focus on the positive things in your life as this will help maintain your resolve when the tinnitus becomes overbearing. If you haven’t already done so, have a word with your GP about how you feel and consider taking a mild antidepressant if it is suggested, as it will help with your moods so you don’t become too down.

Please do not listen to people that advise against antidepressant for they can be of immense help and don’t have to be taken long term. As I have previously said, tinnitus can affect our mental and emotional wellbeing considerably and this needs to be managed and not pushed aside as unimportant for it is not.

I know how desperate you feel for I have been there. Try not to concern yourself with reading up on the latest tinnitus treatments, as this can cause undue stress particularly at times such as these, for one tends to be looking for a lifeline, anything that will give hope and takeaway some of the distress. Unfortunately the opposite can occur, instilling a longing for a treatment that might not yet be available adding more stress that one can do without.

It is patience and being calm that will help get you through the difficult times with tinnitus. It will get better but it takes time. Use sound enrichment whenever possible particularly at night. Spend as much time as possible with your family, as this will help reinforce positivity, purpose and direction and the love that binds you together which is important.

All the best
      Michael

4. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      You trust(?) the judgement of a borderline senile member who spends his entire life – day and night – on TinnitusTalk claiming he is habituated while writing the same mantras over-and-over again, like:
      • ...I habituated twice to my tinnitus using TRT: the first time took two years, the 2nd one took four years.
      • ...my tinnitus varies from inaudible to mild, to moderate, to severe – sometimes reaching very severe levels; when very severe, I need to take my clonazepam.
      • ...researchers know nothing about tinnitus because only people who have experienced it can understand what it's like.
      On a scale from 0 to 100, @Michael Leigh is about 1 unit habituated. His only reason for being here is because he is struggling just as much as the next idiot – who – clearly doesn't recognize the gibberish and the size of his inferiority complex...

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      So... it's 2020. Did any of you guys happen to hear more about the Sono that was due for release in 2018?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    6. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 but not a problem till 10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music spiked with lyme disease
      From what I can tell from their Facebook page, it seems like it's not available yet.

7. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I received an email two days ago from ti-ex (now renamed Sono / Cleanhearing) saying the new version of their device is now in production and would be available for sale in about a month.

8. Bambam0
      Cool

Bambam0 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock 'n Roll
      This has launched. I asked if they could get to US and this was the response.

"This is just to follow up on your previous question. We have now launched Sono and are currently shipping to the EU, EEA countries, UK and Turkey, which are covered by our regulatory approval (MDD 93/42/EEC).

For personal use only, it appears that US regulations might allow the personal importation of some medical devices under certain conditions. It might be worth consulting the appropriate regulatory body and, in the case of a favourable answer, we will be pleased to assist.

We are sorry there isn't a more positive answer at this stage. We are planning our FDA approval and to launch in the US at a later date.

Thank you again for your interest in Sono.

Warm regards,
      Cleanhearing Sono team."​

• Informative Informative x 1
    9. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
    10. Ehren M
      Nerdy

Ehren M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/24/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
    11. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hello Ehren.

I still use Tiex and find it helpful. Please go to page one of this thread and begin reading all my posts, where I describe in full the way it has helped me.

Michael

• Like Like x 1
    12. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Michael Leigh if I understand correctly, ti-ex has been renamed Sono / Cleanhearing, and they are now selling a new version of the device that you purchased.

The link you provided I think is an old link, it does not seem possible to purchase the old version. For me at least, when I click it, the link to purchase is no longer available.

I believe this is the current version of the ti-ex company and product:

https://www.cleanhearing.com/

• Informative Informative x 2
    13. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You are right lymebite. This new version is considerably more than the 300 euros I paid for mine. It is quite a lot of money.

14. James112

James112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety
      @Michael Leigh, I know you've had success with Ti-ex (the previous name for Sono from Cleanhearing).

To manage my own expectations, before renting/buying it, seems prudent to verify that at least a few people have had success with the device. I know there are a handful of quotes from happy users on the Cleanhearing website, but these are just a few words without even the user's first name or country. I was hoping to have some reports of success that I've been able to verify, and which are a bit more substantial than just a few words.

I asked Cleanhearing if it would be possible for me to speak to someone who has had success using Sono. Unfortunately they replied: "...we are a manufacturer, not a tinnitus clinic, so are unfortunately not in a position to arrange consultations with other users at this time."

It would be good to have at least two verified success stories. I'm not trying to be difficult or awkward; I'm genuinely trying to do a bit of due diligence before deciding whether to use the treatment in preference to other treatments. I realise that the rental option reduces the risk. What I'm hoping to get is verifiable evidence from at least a couple of people to give me confidence that committing myself to using Sono every day for 4 months isn't pursuing a false or faint hope.

I have read some of your postings, including in the discussion entitled "Cleanhearing Sono (Electromagnetic Stimulation & Notched Music) — Reviews or Experiences?", so I know that it works for you.

I have searched Tinnitus Talk for "Tiex" and "Ti-ex" looking for another verifiable success story. I've read many posts, but so far I haven't found a success story other than yours. Perhaps I've just missed it, because there are a lot of posts that mention Ti-ex.

I wonder, through your activity on this forum and counselling people with tinnitus, are you aware of other users having success with Ti-ex / Sono? If you are, it would be very helpful if you could let me know which discussions I should look in to find their postings. If the users don't post on Tinnitus Talk, then any information you can pass on about their experience would be very helpful.

15. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I don't know anyone that has used Ti-ex/Sono. Your request for wanting more information from people that have tried Ti-ex/Sono isn't unreasonable. When I bought Ti-ex in 2011, I researched the product and learned some people had success with it while others didn't. Back then I watched a video on YouTube where a patient used Ti-ex in a German tinnitus clinic. That video is no longer available. Gerald Neuwirth invented the device who also had tinnitus. On the Sono website he is listed as Chief Technical Officer and apparently no longer has tinnitus which is interesting.

I was in an extremely bad place in 2011 and was desperate to try anything. I had the option of renting Ti-ex but bought it out-right at nearly €300. After using it twice daily for 4 months, I noticed no improvement in the tinnitus, and thought I had wasted my money but I continued using Ti-ex. After 6 months I began noticing improvement. I continued using Ti-ex twice daily for many years. Each time I tried reducing its use or stopping it completely, the tinnitus would gradually increase to unbearable levels, so I had to return to using the treatment.

It is only in the last 2 to 3 months that I have stopped using Ti-ex after 12 years. My tinnitus has improved since I have been regularly taking Epsom salt baths which I have written about in my thread: My Experience with Epsom Salts - it helped my sciatica and tinnitus. I know my tinnitus well, if it should start to increase for no apparent reason, then I will return to using Ti-ex.

Wishing you all the best whatever you decide to do.

Michael