Tinnitus 90% Gone After 6 Months

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by unlucky_eli, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Blossom

Blossom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD after virus
      Hi n_li808,

I would say after around 5/6 months it started to reduce and stabilise into a hiss. Initially the pure tone started breaking up into a cricket type sound but still very loud and buzzing as well. It then slowly changed into the high pitched hiss, but of lower volume most of the time. Having another quiet tinnitus day today.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Blossom

Blossom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD after virus
      Sorry you're having a hard time, I can totally understand. I was in a very difficult place with it at one point(several points!), but things have improved so much for me even after a year, I have even seen positive changes this last month. Had another really good day today. Hang in there!

3. n_li808
      Irritated

n_li808 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      aug 20, 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      most likely from acoustic shock/trauma
      @Blossom that’s great to hear! I’m currently at the buzzing/hissing stage... although I sometimes hear the pure tone here and there. It even sounds squeaky sometimes. It has a mind of its own. I really just want it to completely disappear.

4. Tara Lyons

Tara Lyons Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Don’t believe this nonsense about ringing - buzzing - hissing - silence. In my opinion it’s nonsense and completely made up. Not one doctor has said that that’s how an ear heals. So I’m not sure who came up with it but I wouldn’t believe it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Botched lumbar puncture, CSF leak
      Oh no, I had some hope until that last post. During the day I am getting more hissing and less ringing. It feels like my brain is also vibrating/hissing as well which I hate. Does anyone else get that?

As soon as I put my head on the pillow at night it turns into a loud, solid tone ring. I really hate it. I don't know why that happens either but it seems by reading this discussion I'm not the only one.

Tonight I was actually thinking of sleeping sitting up. Seriously.

Can anyone else confirm or deny that the transition from a ring to a hiss is healing progress?

6. xyz
      Alienated

xyz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 mild T 2019 T worsening H onset
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown / probably noise induced
      I definitely prefer hissing over ringing, so I would say that's certainly healing.
      When it comes to tinnitus/hyperacusis I got the impression that none of the ENT doctors I met had a real clue what's going on. You get better advice at this forum.

7. AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Botched lumbar puncture, CSF leak
      Of course I spoke too soon. Today it is back to a ring and my anxiety is next level.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. dd314

dd314 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma + stress?
      Did you have any setbacks along the way? Like a random bad day between month 4 and 5 where it was loud?