Tinnitus? Impacted Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by isaimireles, Feb 20, 2015.

1. isaimireles
      Irritated

isaimireles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      My problem started a month ago when i had lil pain in my right side of my jaw i thought it might be my wisdom tooth didn't hurt unless i touched didn't think much of it , all of sudden my right ear felt infected went to the doctor told me i had ear infection gave meds worked for three days the infection came back my jaw showed no sign of swelling ,that's when my ear buzzing and and felt loss of hearing in my right ear also sharp pains started i couldn't even use my cell or use headphones they hurt my ears so i went to another doctor told me it was a ear infection and throat on the right side of my face more meds and ear drops were given worked for three or four days .

When my ear and my jaw finally swelled up that when i got a xray found out i had impacted wisdom teeth in my lower jaw the next day i had surgery to remove both teeth instant relief but the day after my buzzing became full blast on my right ear a lil in my left ear.and still feeling loss of hearing in my right ear a 3 weeks have gone by and my dentist told the buzzing might go away and everything would be back to normal told me to take ibuprofen for the inflammation the pain went away.

I still I cant hear in my right ear and buzzing is still there my left ear is full blast now it feels like im getting worse not better i cant concentrate what people tell me they have repeat things i still cant use my cell or headphones (or be around loud crowds) makes my ears hurt and makes my tinnitus sound louder to make matters worse now i was diagnose with tmj 2 days agos and started taking naproxen today because of my tmj got worse hurting my right ear to my throat.

Has anyone had problem like this if so did your buzzing go away or your hearing get better? could the wisdom teeth given me tinnitus ? did i leave the infection go on too long ?am i going deaf? any advice would help

2. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      I'm not much help here but I got impacted wisdom teeth which I believe are the cause of my middle ear spams. I am afraid to have the surgery because it might make things worse. Did you get a hearing test? If so do you have hearing loss? One thing that sticks out to me is that you are taking naproxen I was prescribed that once and read that a very common side effect is ringing in the ear.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      isaimireles
      Irritated

isaimireles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      No i havent gone to get a hearing test and i just started to take naproxen yesterday so i dont know bout that so far its helping my tmj. i had my surgery because my tooth was hitting my jaw bone in right side thats the side i have the worse T. if your teeth are bothering you i would tell you to have your surgery but its up too you i wish i had found out bout wisdom teeth earlier maybe i wouldnt have had this problems right now

Attached Files:

4. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Im no Doc. but Ive read that the onset of T gives you a window of time for steroids. After to long the window is gone.
      You should check.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      isaimireles
      Irritated

isaimireles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      hi thanks for your reply i took prednisone for another unrelated illness T is still there my ear sensitivity is gone i can use my cell and headphones ..you just have to live with it and not cry bout it....theirs people with worst conditions than this... just a question does everyone here use headphone i use them once in awhile for fear of further damaging my hearing

6. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      I had an impacted wisdom tooth removed from my lower left side which was down deep to the jaw bone. I noticed no difference in my T after the operation but was very sore an uncomfortable for a couple weeks after the extraction.

• Winner Winner x 1