Transdermal Scopolamine Patches Give Me Relief

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Guest48293, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      If they contain 1.5 mg of scopolamine than that's the same

Today I removed the patch and my t is up again so it did work as a temporary relief I would think

I'll do 3 days on and 3 days off or use it whenever I really need it

• Like Like x 2
    2. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      seems like this is one of the most dangerous drugs in the world :)

World's Scariest Drug (Documentary Exclusive)

Here is am experience with the patches on erowid.org (best drugs data base of the world)

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=36749

DOSE: 2 transdermal Scopolamine (patch)

BODY WEIGHT: 135 lb

First, let me give you a little background information on how this all happend. This happend to my mother on a cruise that we had all decided to take for a family trip. We had all gotten some scopolamine patches from the pharmacist, which is suppost to help with motion sickness. She was waring one on her neck and aparently after a day or so thought it came off in the shower, when it had infact fallin on her back. She put on another patch on her neck unaware of the other patch. She began complaning about being very clostrophobic(My mom's clostrophobic anyway so I dont know if that would affect anyone else, but she was REALLY noticing it) and her eyes had become dilated somewhat. Within several hours she began halicunating and was walking around our cruse ship in a dreamy state having mild haliculitations. She almost walked right off the boat! After removing the patches she returned to normal within the next day or so. It was very strange and at the time we thought nothing about it, untill i came across scopolamine on this site. I also recall myself having touched one of the patches and then rubbing my eye, which caused it to be dilated for several days. No other side affects though. I hope this helps you.

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No hallucinations for my sadly

but yes I would not overdo do it - this story is an elderly lady who did two . body weight and metabolism plays a role too.

Anyway this is just a temporary relief and there may be a rebound effect afterwards who knows . My t is up in force now but I also do the laser which is supposed to increase t at first so dunno we'll see

4. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I`m willing to try it though.. if it helps and is safe when you use it right.

You are using it at the moment?

Any differences is character? attention span, intelligence, ... stuff of this kind?

5. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I feel really helpless at the moment!
      Anything that comes up as promising for tinnitus goes crashing down as possibly very dangerous!
      Far out!
      Is there an end to this hell!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Did not notice anything particular while on it but after removing the patch I had a few moments where my sense of balance felt poor when I closed my eyes - never had this before . This has been documented as one of the withdrawal side effects , and t seemed up quite a bit... Second day after removing the patch is fine though so again nothing "permanent " one way or the other

• Like Like x 1
    7. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      I agree. Can't seem to find a break.

8. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Scopolamine patches seem worth a shot. I ordered some the other day and will update.

9. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Its just sad that self experimentation and trading notes and suggestions on here is all there is. Sad is the wrong word. Its unbelievable actually.

• Useful Useful x 1
    10. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bah let's see this in a positive way - at least we can have fun experimenting

As far as scop patches goes - be ready for a noticeable spike in t during 2 to 3 days after removing the patch . Like Twice as loud as before using it .
      Not sure if this is a real long term solution unless you use patches all the time but then again you will run into more serious health issues since those aren't designed to be used for months and months

• Like Like x 1
    11. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hmm; I've only noticed a very mild, if any, change in my T from these patches... but I also have not noticed any significant rebound. Interesting.

When this spikes for you, how long does the spike last?

12. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Please do yourself a favor. Check the side effects of the patches.

13. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ...they appear to be exactly the same as the listed side effects of diphenhydramine (benadryl), doxylamine succinate (unisom), or any other early-generation antihistamine, which is exactly what I'd expect? What are you stabbing at here?

Yes, any of these drugs are capable of producing pretty radical and unpleasant shifts in consciousness if you take a lot more than you're supposed to, but what of it?

14. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had absolutely zero side effects while on the patch

After removing it - very slight loss of balance at times when eyes closed and temporary increase of t

15. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      More people need to try these patches so we know if they work!

16. Jahhsoul
      Curious

Jahhsoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/24/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown (not acute acoustic trauma).
      I think I will try this soon. Can someone organise the data like in retigabine post (maybe a shorter formulary?).

In my opinion, all treatment-threads should contain them :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    17. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      More people with T need to take it more seriously and NOT think its no big deal and get their asses on here and strengthen the fight towards a cure.

18. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think people who are doing fine with their T and not thinking about it very much would be doing themselves a great disservice to start thinking about it more...

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Its doing the disorder a disservice to more severe sufferers because the people with mild t arent speaking up. You dont just sweep problems under the rug.

20. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      *shrug* I guess we'll just have to disagree on this.

To be a little more on topic here; these patches might cause some very mild symptom reduction for me, but that's the best I can say after using 4 of them over a 2 week period.

I might take another shot at them in a few months, but in the mean time I need to limit my use of such things so that I don't fuck up the results of the research trial I'm in right now.

21. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cancer survivors who are in full remission still tend to advocate for the other more serious cancer types.

Tinnitus sufferers not so much!! Mild tinnitus people don't give a sh*t about those who are worse off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I just do not get all this anger at people who have mild forms of this condition.

Anyone who survives cancer has a strong understanding that they dodged a bullet. There isn't really such a thing as "mild cancer". On the other hand, run-of-the-mill, hear-it-only-in-perfect-silence tinnitus is very common, and most people who have it probably think about it consciously twice a month, if that.

What do you want from such people? How does it benefit them to spend a lot of time thinking about this? More importantly, how does it benefit us?

And, for what it's worth, "don't give a shit about those who are worse off" is, in my personal experience, a completely untrue characterization... I have encountered nothing but empathy and best wishes from such people. I'm not saying that my experience invalidates yours, only that you're expressing an opinion based on your personal experience, and it may not be true of the world in general.

• Agree Agree x 2
    23. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      You can disagree all you want but fact is fact. I guarantee you if more people would have spoken up about this in the past, we'd be in a better place today with it.

• Like Like x 1
    24. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Thank you! Well said!

25. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't see any facts here, just opinions...

26. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      lol you nailed me on that one...No. What im saying is yeah, of course you don't wanna focus on it if its mild. That would be stupid but at least acknowledge that its a problem. Then again, I dont know. I don't know what the answer is. I do see your point tho. Thats what makes my point difficult.

• Like Like x 1
    27. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

The more time spent on this site, the more focus you give it. Go out and live your life the best you can. If I had it mild, I wouldn't be on on this site much. What can they do anyways? Yea..they probably don't give a shit and why should they? They don't have the answers lol..in fact they probably don't want a constant reminder of how bad it can get!

28. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      we really need to get back on topic

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      You posted this on January 3, 2016. Did you have any success with the patches?

@Bobby B - Are you still using the patches and getting some relief, or have you decided that it's not giving you any benefit?

BTW, I came to this thread looking for info on Benadryl. Recently my tinnitus has periodically gone way beyond the pale in volume and intrusiveness every three or four nights (ACRN treatment side effect?). Yesterday was hell, and last night was Satan screaming at me in hell. I have no funds for a doctor and need to find something inexpensive that will help me when it gets this bad.

30. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      scopolamine patches seem to maybe do a little bit, and also make me feel pretty wacked. Benadryl does neither of these things.