Turmeric with Curcumin Seems to Be Helping

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Dginobile, Mar 16, 2018.

1. lobbypolice

lobbypolice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      i bought some curcumin off amazon. but i don't think it does anything for me.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      DMSO is a miracle product and it's been shutdown by the FDA for 50+ years. It's cheap and effective which is exactly why the drug companies hate it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I focused on verifying if I had tinnitus
      Yes, indeed, but you don't know the ratio absorbed. As I said, a color is not a measured data, it's just an indicator whether it's there or it's not but it doesn't say anything of the quantity.
      What I meant to say is, maybe patented pills are better absorbed, and you would only need 25x less than you are taking right now for the same absorbed quantity in your blood.
      You take 500mg, maybe only 10mg go in your blood, as far as you know.
      I am just saying your approach of saying "my fingers are yellow so it's absorb very well with food" is not scientific. See above for explanation. I am not here to tell people what they are allowed or not, but people should get the facts straights.

So I think they should know that scientific papers, with measured data, have shown that "normal" curcumin powder is really badly absorbed and that they would need a big quantity for minimum effect, whereas they would probably need 25x times smaller quantity with curcumin pills that have the right additive and are in the right form.

But you are free to stay with your beliefs, I am all okay with it, I am just letting other people know.

4. foam

foam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had a high pitched tone at 10.5 kHz for the first 6 weeks.. Then it changed to morse code... I'm not sure which is worse... I think the morse code is worse trying to sleep but much better during the day since it's less loud. I listened to the sound plugging my ears one time and heard the morse code sound... Then over the following days it surfaced... Mind over matter or was it real... who knows. I used to be able to get silence at the end of the day when it was the really loud tone... Now at the end of the day I get morse code but overall it's less bad...

5. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      That you're a nay saying know it all?

I'm right. It absorbs just fine when taken with food.

6. ImRichard

ImRichard Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unk
      Hi All -

A little history if you don't mind . . . .

My tinnitus began in 2016. I noticed it because I work in a quiet environment. It is a high-pitched ringing in my left ear, and is just now migrating quietly to my right ear as well. I should note here I'm on Aspirin 81mgs for about 20 years.

In 2016, I went to my ENT who ordered an MRI of my brain (auditory nerve: negative result for tumor), and a hearing test that showed I had decreased hearing in that ear. The audiologist I saw recommended a hearing aid with a "white noise" program in it "only to be used sparingly" when the ringing was too bothersome. I quickly learned it (the white noise program) wasn't that helpful, and haven't used in more than a dozen times in the last 3 years. The hearing aid definitely improved my hearing, though.

Getting to the point, my research seems to point to rather poor prognosis for tinnitus treatment and a lot of scams for cures.

After further reading, I decided to try taking Turmeric Curcumin with Black Peppercorn Extract (750mgs per capsule) 3 times per day. I haven't missed a single "dose" since July 1, 2019, and have noticed absolutely no improvement whatsoever. I'm going to finish the bottle and discontinue.

My questions are: Is Turmeric with BPC Extract yet another hoax? Did I not take enough to make a difference? Really - is there anything out there to really lower the volume or eliminate tinnitus?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and my best to all.

Rich

7. Phendran
      Benevolent

Phendran Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Turmeric seems to be yet another hit or miss-thing. Some have reported benefits, while others have reported the opposite. I for one noticed no changes in my tinnitus from taking turmeric, but seeing as the various kinds of people and tinnitus react differently to different things I don't want to discredit it completely.

Have you sought any more medical help for your tinnitus?

8. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      It seems like the closest we currently are to having a medical treatment that actually reduces chronic tinnitus is bimodal neurostimulation.

There's Neuromod, an Irish company, that released their device Lenire a few months ago in Dublin and will hopefully launch it in other countries soon:
      The University of Michigan and the University of Minnesota are working on similar devices.

Personally, I haven't found anything that lowers my tinnitus but many other people have found things that worked for them.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      I have not heard of black peppercorn for T. I bought the turmeric root, and took some in cooked food and as a tea, but did not notice any difference with it.

I personally take omega3, 500mg daily, along with a green tea with aloe. I am not sure if either is truly responsible, but believe they have contributed to my T going down, along with noise avoidance and protection.

Of course, YMMV.

10. ImRichard

ImRichard Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unk
      Other than seeing an audiologist, no. What kind of medical help is there? Thank you.

11. Phendran
      Benevolent

Phendran Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There is not much help to get, admittedly.

The Lenire treatment released recently in Ireland. Here is a link the the review-thread: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/lenire-—-user-experiences-and-reviews.35776/

If you are in America, a similar treatment is under development in Michigan, but it's not finished yet.

12. Rafa03

Rafa03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      I've just got this Curcumin today.
      I'll keep you guys updated.
      20190918_232519.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    13. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      even thought this has the pepper extract I still recommend taking this with food. preferably dinner.

• Like Like x 2
    14. Rafa03

Rafa03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      • Like Like x 2
    15. Rafa03

Rafa03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      @JohnAdams
      It's 500 mgs and you can take up to twice a day, I guess, after lunch/dinner, right or two pills after dinner (1 take)?

• Like Like x 1
    16. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      lol you can take 24 of those a day, not just 2, however 2 should be fine.

I took 12 GRAMS per day for about 3 months.

• Funny Funny x 2
    17. Rafa03

Rafa03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      • Like Like x 2
    18. Rafa03

Rafa03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      I've tried one single pill of Curcumin today and I believe it spiked my tinnitus.
      I will be taking 2 pills tomorrow to make sure it wasn't just a coincidence.

Corticosteroids spiked my tinnitus too in the past...

19. Rafa03

Rafa03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      @AVIYT
      Sorry to hear that Curcumin spiked your T too.
      I've had similar reaction (increased T and headache) today after taking a single 500mgs pill.
      I had the same reaction once when I tried corsticoids.
      Did your T get back to baseline when spiked the first time you took Curcumin?

20. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hmmm wtf then..... also people say alcohol spikes their tinnitus and I am the opposite.

21. Rafa03

Rafa03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      @JohnAdams
      When I get tipsy my ears feel full and in consequence my tinnitus is more noticeable, but I just don't give a damn cause I am drunk lol.

22. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      After 2-3 drinks, my tinnitus usually goes completely away.

• Informative Informative x 2
    23. Rafa03

Rafa03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      @JohnAdams
      If that was my case I would be hammered all the time lol

• Like Like x 1
    24. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's bad for you.
      Plus I work all day.

• Agree Agree x 2
    25. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I don't think the FDA has been blocking this drug to my knowledge. The liquid/topical is actually pretty widely available since it's frequently used for horses. Your local tractor supply store probably has some, in fact.

This is not an endorsement if putting this in your ears at all, as i believe it can actually be ototoxic in larger amounts.

26. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      They spiked the research into it back in the mid sixties and have only since approved it for use in humans in limited circumstances. Officially most of the DMSO that is sold is not for human use.

You don't need to put it in your ears. It's easily absorbed into your system by simply rubbing it on your arms.

27. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      It's the same thing with myself and Marijuana. I've been a daily heavy smoker and grower for years, it takes my mind off the tinnitus and never spikes it.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    28. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      :mad:

29. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      I'm not certain if it has something to do with somatic and non somatic tinnitus. I can modulate mine with my jaw.

30. Rafa03

Rafa03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      @Heinrich_S7
      I can modulate my bilateral one doing exactly the same and that's the one that has spiked with a massive headache right after the Curcumin I took this noon (still bad).
      It sucks all the T's are different otherwise we would have a cure already, meh..