What’s the Most Embarrassing Situation You’ve Been In?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jcb, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      I’ve had many many embarrassing moments shall we say from falling out of a dressing room trying some pants on with my arse hanging in the air to cupping some mature lady's boob in a supermarket by accident :eek:

Today I was taking my doggo for his usual walk in this lovely field I go to, there’s a stream with a bridge over it, I lost my footing and fell in and got soaked (wasn’t hurt apart from a few scratches on my thighs and a rip on my shorts with my stupid bright pink boxers showing) that particularly didn’t bother me as much as the group of people who were sitting on one of the benches and laughing at me (which to be honest I would have done the exact same), one lovely lady came over to see if I was ok with a huge smirk on her face. I said it’s ok to laugh as I’m fine apart from my bruised ego and ripped shorts haha. My bloody dog thought it was a game and as one of my trainers came off he started running round the stream bouncing in the water trying to get me to chase him with my trainer :meh:

I could hear them laughing as I limped away trying to get my other trainer off my dog who wouldn’t give me it back :cautious: (I hope nobody filmed it and I end up seeing it on YouTube :arghh:)

So what’s your most embarrassing moment or at least one of them?

• Funny Funny x 8
    2. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Went for a job interview and didn't realise my shirt had come open til I left.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      This is not massively embarrassing, but this story did immediately come to mind. Years back, I went to a Steve Lukather gig with a student and friend of mine, and whilst we were at the bar having our pre-gig drinks I saw Steve nearby hanging out, so I was like, “look over there, it’s Steve.” My friend said “where”, and I was like “over there, look. Let’s go over and say hi; get a photo with him.” Anyway I go marching over with my pint in my hand and my friend following me and I’m like “Hi Steve, love your work, etc etc. I’m like talking to this guy about all sorts for like 10 straight minutes until he goes, “you do realise that I’m not Steve Lukather don’t you?” [laughing his head off at this point] And this is after I’d already taken a photo posing with the dude and everything. I said, “get the fuck outta here, you’re Steve.” It turns out he wasn’t, but the guy was a right laugh and we hung out with him and his mates for the rest of the night.

In the meantime, people were frequently coming up to him asking for autographs and photos, that’s how convincing this guy was. It turns out this guy is known for looking like him and he said him and his mates just turn up at random Steve Lukather gigs from time to time just to fuck with people because of how hilarious it is. I must admit it was funny when I was stood with him and people were still coming up to him nervously asking him if they could have their photo took with him. After the gig, it turned out even Steve Lukather was freaked out and had his photo took with him as well and it ended up in the local newspaper.

It was a great night!

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    4. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      When I got caught shoplifting back in the day. Can't remember exactly how old I was, but I think I was only about 11 or 12 years old.

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh no :wideyed: did you get the job?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You little rebel you :LOL: did you get in major trouble?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah that sounds like something I would do :LOL: at least you had a good laugh

8. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I did but I didn’t take it! But only partly because of the bra incident.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was told to leave the store immediately and never come back, and then they would not call the police or my parents

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One of my best friends in high school told everybody, that I had a longterm crush on this guy in class, including the guy himself. He told me that he had been told this, as did several others. That was quite an embarrassing moment for a 12 year old very insecure girl. It was supposed to remain a secret, cause I knew the guy wouldnt like me back, and he didn't.

I don't remember being hurt or sad about it, at least only for a very short while. Just very embarrassed.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah that sounds cruel, kids can be complete f@#&*rs in school. Hope you brushed it off in the end and carried on like normal.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    12. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I did :) Oddly I don't remember it being an awful experience. I think it was fairly soon thereafter that I got over him.

• Winner Winner x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thats good :) I bet if you saw the guy today you would be thinking wtf did I see in him :eek: I’m glad you just brushed it off.

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      :LOL: Yeah imagine being known as the “bra lady” or “the flasher” in work, knicknames tend to stick easily as well.

15. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Bahahahahaha :ROFL::ROFL:

• Like Like x 1
    16. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL, ETD and work stress
      I once did a presentation for work about 2011ish that was so bad that even now, years later, I cringe when I walk past the building.

I was slightly hungover and was sweating profusely. Everyone in the audience didn't understand anything I was talking about - this was actually more their fault than mine. Despite the fact that the bank I worked for made 80% of its revenue online, most of its staff were dedicated to offline marketing - flyers, direct mail, branches, etc. They all looked at me with a quizzical expression throughout, which only made me gradually more and more nervous. It sucked. It was the definition of bombing.

The bank isn't even located there any longer (banks in the UK prefer to rent, rather than to own buildings), but whenever I pass, I think about how much I would have wanted a fire alarm, terrorist attack or zombie apocalypse to end the shit show I was hosting.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    17. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      That's hilarious, and I’m quite confident that everyone on the planet has been through something so cringe-inducing, that they react to the place it happened as you do. In fact, I could be just randomly filling my car up and I’ll remember some embarrassing incident that happened in my past and I’ll still shudder and think “what the hell was I thinking!”

It’s crazy how our mind can just drag up stuff from our past like this, and I’m generally wired up to analyse and think about stuff I that I may have said just the previous day and wonder what I was thinking.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    18. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      It really is crazy how our minds can drag up stuff from our past Ed, especially the embarrasing stuff. My mind does all the dragging up when I am having a hard time trying to sleep, which is most nights. This little meme about sums it up....

Kt9qfmV.jpg

Great thread idea, @Jcb. I remember you telling us about your fitting room experience some time ago, it made me laugh out loud!

I have a few moments of my own, not so sure I want to share, though, they were that embarrassing, lol!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That quote is so real haha go on share one with us, I’ve had many embarrassing moments. I think it was because I was so chilled and pretty much marched to my own lil soundtrack in my head, I always ended up in strange situations with me somehow coming out on the more embarrassing end of things.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    20. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Okay....

I was teaching an evening dance class at a local school and I always arrived early in order to get set up and be well prepared. Most times I would be the only one in the school for this short time. One particular night I went into the ladies room, closed the door and so on. When I tried to to leave the ladies room the door would not open, no matter how hard I tried.

Long story short, as class members arrived they got concerned as to my whereabouts, I could hear them talking to each other. I started to yell loudly and thankfully they found me, but they couldn't get the door open either. They decided to call the fire department. In the end I had to go into one of the stalls and shut the door while the firemen proceeded to break down the door.

Class had to be cancelled due to the time, not to mention my state of mind after all of the excitement. The girls and I went out for a drink instead. I must admit, the firemen were very handsome and very sympathetic to my plight. :rolleyes:

The next morning there was a small write up in the local paper. The heading was "Call of Nature.":oops:

• Funny Funny x 2
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thankfully I’ve never got stuck in a bathroom (yet) :bag: but at least you got a lil write up in a newspaper, love the heading they used haha a plus is you got rescued by the firemen, won’t make a joke about fireman poles etc etc :whistle:

22. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      At least the write up didn't include my name, lol! To this day I do not lock the bathroom door if it is one that has the locking mechanism on the door knob.:eek: I will search, in discomfort, for another restroom.;)

I hope you are keeping well, Jcb. :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I went to music camp and was to play Autumn Leaves, the jazz standard, onstage in front of the whole camp as part of the weekend concert. I was terribly nervous because it was a biggest crowd I have ever played for and I was taking the lead guitar part for the song. I also had an issue where my hands would shake excessively when I was nervous and would sometimes effect my playing, which didn’t help.

What I didn’t realize was that at the time I had an undiagnosed essential hand tremor that was causing the excessive shaking when coupled with nerves and adrenalin. I thought this was normal for everyone though and that I just had to get used to it.

So I go out onstage nervous as hell in front of the whole camp and completely bomb. I was shaking so much that I could barely play (usually it isn’t this bad), which made me anxious and causing more panic! It was so bad that one of the guys I was playing with signaled to ended the song early to save me. I wanted to die of embarrassment when I walked off stage. What made it worse was everyone saying it sounded good and I did a good job to make me feel better. I still cringe when I think about it.

I got a recording of the track from the camp, but have never listened to it because I would rather not relive that moment.

Although I do find it kind of funny now seeing that there was an aspect to it that was out of my control. My friends were also super confused because they knew I was a lot better than how I played that night. :dohanimation:

• Like Like x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That’s a plus then if they left your name out haha

I’m ok Emma thanks for asking :) up days and down days the usual fun rollercoaster haha

Hope you, the doggo and family are doing good?

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That sounds awful man, like really hellish. I'd be too curious and have to listen to the recording :bag: (on a low volume of course haha). Do your hands still tremor a lot?

26. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      The tremor is still there, but it isn’t an issue or noticeable unless I get nervous or anxious then it becomes more obvious and apparent because of the adrenaline.

• Like Like x 1
    27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Obviously it would be great if you didn’t have the tremor but I’m glad it isn’t an issue for you normally.

28. Tanni
      Devilish

Tanni Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ???
      I was being shown back downstairs after a job interview. The two interviewers shook my hand and got back into the lift. I walked away whilst still looking behind me to wave goodbye, and walked straight into a low glass coffee table, which went up on two legs, and then slowly and agonisingly flipped all the way over onto its back, all while the lift doors slowly closed on the shocked faces of the interviewers.

• Hug Hug x 3
    29. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I feel like mine is actually so awful I shouldn't share it... but I will. This was many years ago when I was in my early 20s. I started seeing a guy from work (terrible idea I know) he was so lovely and extremely funny. He told me he wanted to wait a while for any physical stuff because he was old fashioned and I remember thinking that was really sweet.

After a few months dating we had a few drinks and went back to his place. As we were undressing I looked down and saw something I had never seen in my life and gasped "what on earth is that???" Turns out the poor guy had a full blown micro penis. I was horrified I had embarrassed him so much with my reaction and still to this day feel awful. God it was just so embarassing. I didn't handle it well at all, I can't even remember what happened after, I think I awkwardly left. I'm going red and cringing as I write this. Not long after I moved away so thankfully only saw him a few times, poor guy.

Def not my finest moment.

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus: