What Is Your MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) Personality Type?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mister Muso, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Let's share our innermost selves here. My Myers-Briggs type indicator is INFP. So is my daughter, whilst my son is the exact opposite - ESTJ. This explains a lot.

Luckily my wife is half-and half as an ISFJ, so she is the "glue" that holds our family together.

You can read more and take the test yourself here:

INFP (The Mediator)

Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

• Like Like x 4
    2. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      ENFP.

I like this thread. I'm sort of "into" this and have been guessing frequent poster's types for a while now :).

For the record, "Myers Brigg" can get pretty horoscopey but it gave a useful shorthand when discussing this stuff. I believe Jung's cognitive functions on which it was based definitely have merit, though.

• Like Like x 1
    3. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Interesting test. I got INFJ-T (Turbulent Advocate).

Wow I got 96% Introverted. Thought it would be higher. :p

I got 96% Turbulent. That sounds about right.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Is that from 16personalities? They don't use the Jungian functions if so, so you are likely to get different results than other tests, but not always. I believe the "turbulent" is their invention too.

I like this test:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

5. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Please tell us more, spill the beans....:LOL: Who have you done? I'm sure they won't be offended.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      So is mine! It is my understanding that it is one of the rare types. I guess people with certain personality types (including INFP) can't handle noise well, and so are overrepresented on this forum.
      I get 100% introverted.

• Like Like x 2
    7. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Lol. I'm not touching that one unless someone asks. But since @JohnAdams doesn't stop by anymore, I had him as an xNTP.

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Did I seem like an INFP person to you?

9. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      OK, take me. Maybe you haven't even considered me, but if you have, have a go.

I have already done the test, and will post it when you have done me.

If you want that is...:) You will not offend me...

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I wouldn't have placed you as an INFP, maybe an INFJ or an ISFP. But now I know why I've felt a certain affinity with you somehow!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    11. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Honestly, you definitely have internal feeling in your functional stack and are an introvert for sure.

That leaves: INTJ, ISFP, INFP and ISTJ.

There is no way in any universe you are an ISFP.

I would have guessed INTJ of the remaining three but it doesn't surprise me that you are an INFP.

• Like Like x 2
    12. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I briefly scanned your posts. You are very hard but my guess from what I read is an *STJ of some sort.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      So I took the other test. Interesting. Still an INFP, but not as strongly so. Slightly less introverted but that is still my strongest indicator, whilst the others are much less strong, putting me closer to ISTJ.

Maybe that's what comes from spending more time with my family in lockdown?!

• Like Like x 2
    14. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I think people have a "stress personality" that makes it hard to remember the real you sometimes. Lockdown i am sure adds to that.

• Like Like x 1
    15. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      No, ISFP-T (Adventurer).

Although a good bit of fun, I take these tests with a pinch of salt. Some of the questions I found very hard to answer as they simply didn't apply to me, and I'm not sure people can always truly see themselves for what they are and therefore may over or under estimate particular qualities. Maybe my doubt itself actually shows much about my personality.

That said, some of the things were spot on from my perspective, but others seemed far off.

16. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I took this test on 16personalities 3x. I don't remember the first result, just that I was not satisfied with it.

Couple of months ago, well before shiT hit the fan, I got ISFJ-T, and today I got ISFP-T.

@FGG, you mentioned horoscopey. It's funny that years ago, when I was very little, my parents ordered a personalized horoscope for all the family members (don't know why, they are absolutely not interested in these kind of stuff.), and it's really funny to read the horoscopes after twenty-something years. Some points have relevance, but all in all, the horoscopes are not exactly spot on.

17. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Your van pic made me actually consider ISFP for a second because that is the kind of detail that one would stereotypically mention but you seem *very* future focused for an ISFP which would be highly unusual imo because their functional stack (internal feeling--external sensing--internal intuition and external thinking) very much leads them to be very in the moment but chronic illness probably could have that effect too.

If you have the time/inclination will you take this test and see if you still get ISFP:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

18. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      16personalities is notoriously inaccurate. They even admit they don't use the functions so theirs is more "just for fun."

19. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I'm a highly unusal person:ROFL:

I actually did the other test last night, before reading your post. I still got ISFP, but with a lower introverted score.
      I am very future focused in some ways, but I am also very nostalgic. Maybe they cancel one another out... so I am living in the moment?

• Like Like x 1
    20. ASilverLight
      In pain

ASilverLight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise, stress and a neck injury.
      I'm an INTP, but tests that show percentages always put me at a near 50/50 between Thinking and Feeling. It just leans a little bit more to the Thinking side.

• Like Like x 3
    21. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I got INFJ in this one too - so the results are consistent.

• Like Like x 1
    22. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Tried the humanmetrics one today, and got INFP. Only strong preference was Introversion.

• Like Like x 2
    23. edition

edition Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2k19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      jenesaispas
      I am also an INFP.

So that makes most people so far in this thread INFPs. There are a few INFJs. And an ENFP (who else am I missing).

This does not surprise me. Actually, here is a theory: INFPs and INFJs are Highly Sensitive People (look that up if you are interested). About 15-20% of the population is highly sensitive, just as are animals.

So, are people with tinnitus more likely to be highly sensitive people, and thus likely to be INFP or INFJ?

Maybe....

24. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      There was an ISFP and an INTP in this thread, too. The forum at large does not seem very INFx to me but maybe this thread is.

I think some types would generally have a harder time than others. I think an ISxJ could just emotionally overcome most anything better than others but the problem is they sometimes expect everyone else to be able to, too.

25. edition

edition Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2k19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      jenesaispas

And forums in general attract introverts, so there are some validity problems in my very sloppy speculations.
      I'd love to take this research further and do some polls to know: which types are more likely to have tinnitus? And how does each type cope?

26. TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows
      Ok get this crap. I am ISTJ. If you map that to Star Wars it is Owen Lars. Isn't he the uncle that is in it for two minutes? If you map it to Lord of the Rings it is freaking Aragon. Like the main man other then Frodo. How in one am I mapped to some two second cameo person and on another I am the King to the thrown of a race of people?

27. vaseto99
      No Mood

vaseto99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fuck if I know
    28. Tau
      Probing

Tau Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus: