Will You Get Vaccinated for Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Can It Make Tinnitus or Hyperacusis Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheDanishGirl, Nov 13, 2020.

?

Will you get vaccinated for coronavirus?

1. Yes, right away, as soon as possible, when the first vaccine becomes available

2. Yes, planning to, but I will wait a while to see if there are any potential long-term side effects

3. Maybe, I haven't decided yet one way or another

4. No, I'm not going to get vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Walker123

Walker123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise induced
      Hi I chose not to vaccinate myself.

My reasons are:

- I don't take medical interventions unless it's absolutely necessary.
      - The information about the safety of the vaccines is clouded by political and commercial interests on one side and stories about side effects on the other. I rather wait until all the data is gathered, analyzed and the fog has cleared up.
      - The vaccine in 2010 against Mexican Flu had Narcolepsy as a rare side effect. It took 8 years for the Dutch government to admit this and pay for damages.

I have COVID-19 now as I'm writing this. I have mild flu-like symptoms. I'll be getting a proof of recovery, but I will not install the Corona app, because I won't support a discriminating platform, which degrades people who aren't vaccinated to 2nd class citizens.

And now that I have built up natural immunity against COVID-19, I don't see why I should ever take a vaccine in the future.

Up until now my tinnitus remains the same during my COVID-19 infection.

• Winner Winner x 7
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There are some early possible indications, coming from Denmark, Iceland, and Canada data, that being vaccinated might actually mean a HIGHER chance of contracting Covid than for unvaccinated people. Still early, still tentative, but fascinating new info if this turns out to be the case as more data from more countries is published as the Omicron variant plays out.

Has Covid vaccine efficacy turned negative?

3. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I am wondering why Novak Djokovic, an elite athlete with the best medical advice available, chose not to get vaccinated.

• Good Question Good Question x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had an annual physical exam with my doctor today. I was dreading the question if I had received the Covid shots. I responded honestly that I had not, and explained why. The doctor was understanding, and he had even heard a bit about the side effects on the auditory system, and did not press the issue with me.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      A while ago there was a joke doing the rounds suggesting the one thing pro-covjab and anti-covjab have in common is they'll both never be fully vaccinated. Get ready for Pfizer V1.1.

https://videopress.com/v/W8G9E7mj

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    6. Eric N

Eric N Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012, 03/2016, 05/2017, 05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + 3 major increases via (shouting / MRI/ flu+Tylenol)
      Anybody here from Quebec Canada who hasn't been vaccinated? What are your plans for the Quebec vaccination tax introduced by the government? I'm not sure if it's official yet. You could also get a medical exemption. I wonder if tinnitus would qualify. I'm really worried taking the vaccine... it seems some people have reacted badly to it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    7. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      I spiked from the vaccine and now I’m spiking after recovering from COVID-19. It’s a lose-lose situation.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I had got through most of COVID-19 until late November.

I hadn’t taken any vaccine as I didn’t think I needed them. I may have actually had COVID-19 very early in 2020.

However it seemed the right thing for work so I took the Pfizer jab.

No bad effects until day 8 after the vaccination.

Then all hell broke out in my head. Loud tones, heavy thumping pulsatile tinnitus. It has continued to this day.

With Omicron being pretty mild by all accounts if you have any history of tinnitus or ear issues please think carefully before taking a vaccination.

I only wish I had read a post like this before deciding to get vaccinated.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. Clerkp

Clerkp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      False:

Claim vaccines increase susceptibility to omicron unfounded

Perhaps you think the AP has an agenda:

This is part of AP’s effort to address widely shared misinformation, including work with outside companies and organizations to add factual context to misleading content that is circulating online.

Your story has been debunked for weeks. The data is still clear that vaccines (1) reduce transmission and symptomatic COVID-19 (anywhere from 4 to 8 times less risk of symptomatic infection) and (2) reduce the risk of severe disease 10 fold.

Please I beg everyone here to stop spreading false information.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Clerkp

Clerkp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Sorry to hear that your tinnitus has spiked. While it's easy to blame the vaccine, I would at least consider whether other factors might be at play. For me personally, stress and anxiety play a huge role in my tinnitus.

While on an individual basis, your theory on Omicron may work it's not going to be a good long term solution as other variants will likely pop up with varying degrees of severity.

I do think on an individual level, considering whether to get vaccinated makes sense if you have tinnitus or other heath issues. I have been diagnosed with middle ear myoclonus which started after receiving my shot. I can't prove it's related to the vaccine and I can't prove it's not. Correlation does not equal causation. However, I live with vulnerable individuals so I will need to take into account what's best for them not just what's best for me.

Also getting vaccinated is not just about you but also about others around you.

11. Clerkp

Clerkp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Please. This is nonsense. Whatever his reasons, science wasn't one of them. You think his doctors have special secret information that the rest of us do not have access to?

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. tpj
      Sad

tpj Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      You are so right. COVID-19 has completely fucked us over.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. volsung37

Tinnitus Since:
      I am absolutely sure it was the Pfizer vaccine that caused my tinnitus to resume.

I had been free of tinnitus for nigh on 3.5 years.

8 days after the shot absolutely unprecedented tinnitus.

An immunologist will tell you it takes 7 or 8 days for the mRNA vaccine to kick in.

There were no other noise or stress factors involved.

Unfortunately for some people the vaccines are toxic.

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Snake
      Heartbroken

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2011 - Gaming on headphones. 2020 - Severe by breaking glass
      Waiting for Novavax experiences here. It will be available in European countries very soon (shipment has already begun).

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    15. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Actually, I do think that.

Do "the rest of us" have access to any meaningful data about the COVID-19, its effects, data about the vaccines, its secondary effects etc?

Here in Spain journalists have spent 2 years talking about COVID-19 and we do not even know anything about the side effects produced by the vaccines!

There was absolutely no information here about the approval process (if any) that followed these vaccines in Spain...

So maybe Djokovic is better informed than us... who knows!
      At my workplace people who did get vaccinated are the ones getting sick, taking medical leave, and spreading the virus!

I did not get vaccinated and have not caught COVID-19 so far. I have not missed a single day of work either.

• Like Like x 6
    16. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Quebec is part of the Canadian police state. I believe it's very difficult to get a medical exemption for this anywhere, not just Canada. The Government and Medical Board aka College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (incl. CPAO in Ontario, CMQ in Quebec) will not allow Physicians to grant exemptions. Any who do are threatened by these boards and they will go after them.

I can find news reports if you don't believe it. Or you can investigate it yourself. It's simpler to just summarize it as THEY DON'T CARE - about you, about your tinnitus or about anything. They will try their hardest to coerce you and it's up to you to decide what is best for you. This site has plenty of people who claim COVID-19 vaccines worsened their tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 3
    17. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      He's been kicked out of Australia and banned for 3 years because "he might stir up anti-vaccine sentiments."

This is, AFAIK, arguably, one of if not the #1 tennis player in the world.

Lol. He's been kicked out because of a political agenda Normal people are up against this totalitarian society. Choose your side. Sports including the Australian Open is part of the political Clown World. What a joke.

• Agree Agree x 3
    18. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I don't really see the point of treating unvaccinated people differently, when it is those who did get the vaccine who are getting sick and spreading the virus. That's what I see at work every day...

So this virus is sooo dangerous and Novak Djokovic has been travelling all over the place, without getting vaccinated... and hey, the guy is still alive!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    19. tpj
      Sad

tpj Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      Yes, the Novak decision was totally political. It didn't seem to be an issue until the Australian public lost the plot about him being here. Then our pathetic government backtracked as though him being here had nothing to do with them in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    20. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      To makeyourownluck:

Ignore Michael Leigh.

He has with snarling vituperation initiated the most fatuous arguments with (I kid you not) too-many-to-count posters on this Forum (myself included) whenever he was confronted with the even the slightest difference of opinion.

There is something REALLY REALLY wrong with him.

It also never occurs to him that by this behavior he is conceivably the very worst advertisement imaginable for his highly vaunted insistence about the legitimacy of TRT.

He is reminiscent of that Monty Python skit wherein John Cleese had a "practise" that involved "clients" paying to be inveigled by him into provoking ridiculous arguments.

His utterly unsubstantiated recommendation that (according to "most" ENT Doctors) someone wait six months before seeing one "in case it just goes away by itself" is, even given his level of wrongheaded discourse, the worst possible advice.

In fact, I myself made this inexcusably foolish assumption in early 2014, and when it did not go away I was then compelled to see an ENT Doctor.

He said, "If you had come to me immediately I might have been in a position to try something, but after all this time there is nothing I can do."

I found your report regarding the execrable state of patient care from your NHS to be very revealing. I am dismayed by this because I always regarded your System as exemplifying a Standard that should be emulated by the US.

• Like Like x 1
    21. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      To Damocles:

I suppose I should regard your comment about not believing that I come from Chicago because I should be read with an English Accent as the veriest kind of left-Handed Compliment (in fact, I found it to be rather amusingly clever and revealing about how Europeans still regard us).

We have recently vacated our Neolithic Huts and will soon be catching up with the Modern World.

Hey, the Nobel Laureate Saul Bellow lived in Chicago.

Ernest Hemmingway also grew up in my suburb.

So did Carl Rogers (who developed the influential Client-Centered Therapy).

• Winner Winner x 1
    22. Clerkp

Clerkp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      You can’t possibly believe that vaccinated people are responsible for spreading the virus and unvaccinated people are not. If you believe that, then there is no logic or reason or hope for you. Good luck my friend. You’re going to need it. Might as well be talking to Joe Rogan.

23. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      European countries are on 3rd and 4th boosters. As predicted, they are not considered vaccinated if they only had two.

France requirement for triple-vaccination COVID pass begins

Makes sense, right?

Oh, these vaccines work until the next variant shows up.

Just read an "expert" claim the next variants will be more troubling. I am so shocked, I really am. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
    24. morgothaod

morgothaod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Got the 2 Moderna shots and felt terrible after the 2nd one. On the fence about the booster.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    25. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      It's been a great year to be a big pharma executive.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    26. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I think getting sick and spreading the virus has more to do with lifestyle, meaning how often and for how long one is in congested places, uses public transport, travels in a crowded plane or subway, goes to a packed bar or a busy restaurant (obviously people eat without wearing a mask) etc etc

That's how people catch the virus and spread it. That's a fact. And has nothing to do with whether one is vaccinated or not. It has to do with being in crowded places without a mask.

27. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I hope that Macron idiot loses the election. A posh guy from an elite private school who worked for an investment bank and even so is taking France on the path to bankruptcy... the French would be crazy if the voted for that candidate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    28. volsung37

Tinnitus Since:
      My second shot of the pfizer vaccine is scheduled for this Friday.

They would need an army to drag me into getting it.

The vaccine has seriously messed up my life. From almost perfect health 2 months ago to a mental wreck dependent on drugs to sleep today.

Even the ordinary tinnitus that came back would be ok of not for this fearful banging in my head in time with my heartbeat.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    29. UKBloke
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thinking about adding a soundtrack to this image. Vacillating between Louis Armstrong's, What a Wonderful World, and the theme to the Muppet Show.

tedros.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
      • Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    30. UKBloke
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't forget Ferris Bueller.