Will You Get Vaccinated for Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Can It Make Tinnitus or Hyperacusis Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheDanishGirl, Nov 13, 2020.

?

Will you get vaccinated for coronavirus?

1. Yes, right away, as soon as possible, when the first vaccine becomes available

2. Yes, planning to, but I will wait a while to see if there are any potential long-term side effects

3. Maybe, I haven't decided yet one way or another

4. No, I'm not going to get vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. CW Dragon
      Conehead

CW Dragon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Impulse Noise
      I regret getting the vaccine but I had to for work.

I had a horrible fever the night of. I got the one dose shot and hope to never again.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

I got boosted again (Pfizer bivalent). Even less side effects than last one. This is looking like a flu shot situation in which case I'll just keep doing them while I have young kids at home, and then probably stop worrying about any of it.

Also, yet another friend is dealing with shitty long-term COVID-19 symptoms after getting an infection >6 months out from a booster, so, yup this stuff sucks, the service economy is still in flames, etc etc etc. And somehow, through all of it, life goes on.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      To me it is astonishing that politicians and pharma companies keep trying to peddle these unsafe "vaccines"...

People are dying from strokes at very young ages after getting vaccinated, people who had no previous history of heart problems... Recently a work colleague died and another ended in hospital due to a heart problem. They did not have these problems before getting vaccinated.

• Agree Agree x 7
    4. benjd2016
      Irritated

benjd2016 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm starting to wonder if Pfizer did something to my left ear. I noticed strange distortions in March. About a month after receiving that shot.

My guess is noise exposure and/or Ménière's was already pre-existing and the shot may have exacerbated it.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    6. tpj
      Sad

tpj Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      OMG @Damocles, that literally had me laughing out loud.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Ace
      Musical

Ace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud jam session on top of years of music performance/mixing
      I gotta get a 4th booster. First 3 Pfizers had no negative effect on me.

Anyone here have experience with getting 3 Pfizers and then a 4th booster?

8. CRGC
      No Mood

CRGC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SNRI/Noise
      I got three doses of Pfizer, all before my tinnitus onset, and recently got a dose of Novavax as booster. Did not affect my tinnitus or hyperacusis.

• Like Like x 1
    9. alex1975

alex1975 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound induced
      Just an update for me. I got both Moderna shots and one booster. I never experienced any kind of spike or increase. I’ll probably get this new omicron targeted booster sometime in the next couple weeks.

10. ECP

ECP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      being a caregiver for an elderly lady who is hard of hearing
      I have had the Pfizer vaccine and boosters. I followed the recommended schedule for having them, starting in early 2021 when they first became available, and I never got tinnitus or hyperacusis from them. I do know that some of you weren't as fortunate, and I am so sorry.

My tinnitus and hyperacusis started in early September of this year, due to noise exposure. By that time, I'd heard rumors that the vaccine could be a contributing factor in diseases of the ear, but that was not a concern for me because my symptoms were already catastrophic and I was pretty sure that they couldn't get any worse. When it came time for me to have my newest booster, I went in without any hesitation, even though my ear problems were brand-new and theoretically vulnerable to worsening.

Nothing spiked. I did feel fatigued for 36 hours afterward, but that happened to me after every injection and it was nothing new and alarming. I even enjoyed the restful sleep I got while recuperating from the booster because it took my mind off my ear problems.

11. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      This is just a FWIW. I recently read an article which described how Kaiser Permanente (sp?) crunched the numbers on those who got the COVID-19 vaccine, and the different number of boosters later on. Turns out the more boosters their insureds got, the higher the likelihood of them being hospitalized for COVID-19 later on. It appears from a lot of what I've read that these vaccines are permanently weakening the body's innate immune system.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    12. summitplum

summitplum Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      azithromycin
      Did they control for age and pre-existing conditions though? Most people who are 4x vaxxed now are older or had chronic health conditions (which may be explaining the hospitalizations).

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    13. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      upload_2022-12-1_0-29-39.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    14. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I really have no idea. I have to think however that they set out to see how their costs were being affected by the vaccines and boosters, one way or another. It appears they got their answer, pretty loud and clear.

• Like Like x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    15. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Stuart-T Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax or COVID-19 infection
      That is something a lot of people were saying would happen when it became clear that ongoing boosters would be needed. I expect that the vaccine developers will put up strong rebuttals to this claim.

I never had any vaccine. I did get mild COVID-19 in January last year. I have no plans to start taking the vaccine.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. Joey72
      Approved

Joey72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ, neck arthritis, combat.
      6 in 10 adults that were vaccinated or boosted died of COVID-19. That’s right from the CDC website’s April 2022 report. More vaccinated died than unvaccinated.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    17. Nick47

Nick47 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      They are debating and have been for some time in the UK Parliament on vaccine safety and the need to set up clinics for vaccine injured, and compensation for the thousands that died. It's truly horrific when you look back at the campaigns and threats.

So here we are, the vaccines basically offer little protection - if any - and have killed and injured people!

• Agree Agree x 5
    18. Nick47

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      In the UK Patrick Vallance had hundreds of thousands in stock for either Pfizer or Moderna and cashed in just before the rollout. He and others made an absolute fortune. We now have huge excess weekly death numbers and disability rates are high. It's been the biggest medical fraud I have ever known and leaves me very sad.

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Politicians should do something about the robbery that pharma companies and some speculators carried out while people were dying.

In Spain there were middle men who bought cheap masks in SE Asia and sold them here at hefty prices, like 6 to 10 euros PER MASK!

These people made millions in like a month or two, and some of them have been charged with fraud, but my feeling is nothing will happen to them. They won't go to jail, as they plotted all this together with politicians who also got a cut of the money awarded in those public contracts to buy masks etc

The breathing machines that hospitals hastily bought... well, in Spain they were supplied by a limited company with no activity prior to COVID-19. A shell company that had nothing to do with the medical field... again corruption and fraud.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. Nick47

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      Hi @Juan, yes, it was a massive wealth transfer as it turned out.

I hear excess deaths at one point were around 37% in Spain? A few MPs started speaking out back end of last year. Unfortunately one of them was sacked today.

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      In Spain nobody offered reliable data about deaths. Our government routinely cooks data to make them look like they what, be it inflation, COVID-19 deaths or deaths at traffic accidents. Actually, they changed the method they use to classify a death as caused by a road accident. Now they only attribute it to the accident if the person dies pretty much instantly. If they go to hospital and die 3 days later, they say it was not due to the accident, they just list the medical reason, whatever failed in their bodies, so they make the statistics look like they want.

In China I know there is a lot of people dying now. I have family there and they said they know hundreds of people (workmates' relatives at a big company) who are dying, maybe from COVID-19, maybe from some other virus. And there are no drugs available, not even common ones like Paracetamol and stuff like that, so people are making their own WeChat groups with neighbours etc to share the medicines and drugs they have in store, because it's impossible to buy them on the market.

In China hospitals are overwhelmed, and healthcare is mainly private so in the long run any sequels, treatment, drugs, etc will have to be paid out of pocket, and it is really expensive, to the point that families can go bankrupt just to pay for medical treatment.

In Spain many old people died at elderly residences. The government gave orders to hospitals not to lend assistance to certain patients... they were left to die. It was a total scandal that was swiftly put under the rug. On the other hand, there was very old people (90+) who lived with their families and they were taken to hospital and recovered.

On the COVID-19 excuse, and talking about fraud, there was massive money printing by central banks. They gave away the money to companies belonging to the rich, and as a result central banks created rampant inflation for everyone else. In Spain prices have rocketed. 1l of milk costs 50% more than a year ago. A coffee costs like 40% to twice the price we paid a year ago. Petrol prices are through the roof. The electricity bill has doubled... this is all the fault of the ECB and the Federal Reserve; they screwed up.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    22. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Stuart-T Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax or COVID-19 infection
      I was sceptical from day 1 about Chin's COVID-19 deaths data. Somehow the Chinese have a fraction of Western deaths and China with its dense population living in close quarters is avoiding a COVID-19 catastrophe? No - it is simply misinformation of the Soviet kind - only bad things happen in the nasty Western imperialist countries. In China - we have zero COVID-19 police and low mortality - everything is just fine! LOL I read last year that Chinese crematoriums have a huge backlog and yet the government was saying the death rate is normal.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      It leaves me feeling very angry.

• Agree Agree x 2
    24. Nick47

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      UK situation:

No COVID-19 vaccines will be offered to anyone under 50 from today.

AstraZeneca was pulled July 21.

The public knows.

• Agree Agree x 1