Will You Get Vaccinated for Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Can It Make Tinnitus or Hyperacusis Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheDanishGirl, Nov 13, 2020.

?

Will you get vaccinated for coronavirus?

1. Yes, right away, as soon as possible, when the first vaccine becomes available

2. Yes, planning to, but I will wait a while to see if there are any potential long-term side effects

3. Maybe, I haven't decided yet one way or another

4. No, I'm not going to get vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Walker123

Walker123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise induced
      I was never vaccinated and I just recovered from COVID-19. I had mild flu-like symptoms and a blocked nose and a loss of smell. After about 12 days I was fully recovered. A week later my smell returned.

My tinnitus stayed the same.

Thank god I don’t live in a country with mandatory vaccination. This pandemic is on its return and normal healthy people don’t need a vaccine. And you should only take a vaccine if it benefits your health, not to keep your freedom.

• Winner Winner x 6
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/91
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Other
      For those who care what the vaccine injury reporting systems are telling us, it's becoming increasingly clear that the roll-out of these injections (they cannot be called vaccines since they do not confer either immunity or protection) will one day be seen as an even greater medical scandal than that of thalidomide.

Hundreds of thousands of people have been coerced into taking an insufficiently-tested medical intervention that they did not need. And many of them have died from it.

In a couple of more years it'll be almost impossible to find someone who will admit to have been in favour of these damn injections.

• Winner Winner x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      That's why governments have granted immunity from legal action to pharma companies distributing the "vaccines".

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. aura

aura Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Romanians are anything but wise. Many people are poor and uneducated.

Romania was hit HARD by the Delta wave. We had around 500 deaths per day. 9 out of 10 unvaccinated. That's huge.

If having the highest COVID-19 death rate in the world is something to aim for then yes, you could say that we're the wisest on the planet.

Being old, with health problems, living in Romania and choosing not to vaccinate is worthy of a Darwin Award.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    5. Manex

Manex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced 1995, Azithromycin 2018
      I saw a report where there was no heart inflammation issue with it which it has been thought that this would be the same thing that would be making tinnitus worse. But there were only reports of heart inflammation I believe with the mRNA and still J&J is actually the only one that even confirmed tinnitus as a potential side effect.

However, it has been pondered by the medical professionals to me that Pfizer and Moderna were being very favorable to themselves in interpreting tinnitus related feedback. And under-reporting.

• Winner Winner x 2
    6. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      I love companies that regulate and grade themselves or pay others to do it for them the right way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Comparing the COVID-19 vaccine to thalidomide is becoming a bit tired and predictable, in my opinion. I’m pro-choice, so I do not agree with governments forcing people to have something against their will, but one cannot argue against the effectiveness of the jabs as the data are unequivocal. This forum is slowly turning into a bit of an anti-vax brigade in spite of the data we have from over 4 billion people. If the side effects were severe or prominent, there would be hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions, reporting tinnitus as an issue. We don’t see this happening.

It is clear that the vaccines have the potential to cause hearing related issues, but so do many other drugs and viruses. I think it’s being blown out of proportion on here, and I believe a case could be made to suggest that some may even be causing the spike they experience via their own neuroticism.

With all that said, I don’t agree with censoring those who hold contrarian views, and I despise the current cancel culture that is sweeping across the world. Everyone has the right to an opinion because we have free speech, and silencing people goes against the moral fabric that honest societies are built upon. It’s a fascist move.

• Agree Agree x 3
    8. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      I'm getting déjà flu.

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    9. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So I'm yet unvaccinated (tinnitus fears + hereditary heart dysfunction which may or may not matter). Novavax should be just around the corner in Sweden, I'll get it as soon as it's released.

However, I'm pretty sure I'll catch Omicron before then since Sweden lifted all restrictions and I have to commute daily now (trams and buses are JAM PACKED since people don't work from home anymore). The boat on the Pfizer vaccines has sailed from what I understand, won't give any protection fast enough for this situation and I would rather get Novavax (just gut feeling). Knowing what I know now I would have gotten Pfizer months ago but I was paralyzed by fear and could live very isolated. I did not expect Sweden to remove all restrictions at the very height of spread of the virus.

I'm pretty stressed out about this now. Suddenly I find myself in somewhat uncharted territory: how bad is Omicron for the unvaccinated? Well, if all goes well I'll get Novavax soon and report back here.

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. aura

aura Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well, not as bad as Delta.

But, from what I've seen till now: headaches, nasal congestion, ear problems in some cases (because of the congestion I guess), sore throat, laryngitis. Not much for healthy people but might be problematic for us tinnitus sufferers (at least for a while).

But there's not much you can do now.

From what I've been reading here, most of them recovered.

Fewer deaths comparing to Delta (in our country mostly old people, with comorbidities, 8/10 unvaccinated.)

• Like Like x 1
    11. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      From the South Africa data, Omicron looks 85 percent less severe than Delta. So if you look at the death rate charts for your age and your co-morbidities for "original Covid" and Delta (before vaccines arrived), and the South Africa data holds, Omicron should be 85 percent less bad for the unvaccinated.

"The death rate in those infected with the omicron coronavirus variant in South Africa peaked at 14% to 15% of the rate seen when the country was experiencing a wave dominated by the delta variant, according to the National Institute for Communicable Diseases."​

Omicron Death Rate in South Africa Peaked at 15% of Delta Wave

• Like Like x 1
    12. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Omicron is like nature's vaccine, in my opinion. It's a much weaker strain, it infects everyone faster, and it boosts one's immunity.

• Like Like x 1
    13. InNeedOfHelp

InNeedOfHelp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MRI Scan
    14. Sentinel
      No Mood

Sentinel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late November/Early December 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really epic hobbies
      Absolutely not.

I'm fit and possess none of the comorbidities that most commonly kill people that contract it, despite having it before. The risks based on the statistics I've seen of me having a worsening of tinnitus are minimal, and yet I'm still not going to take a vaccine that I deem fundamentally unnecessary due to my status that could even have a chance to increase my tinnitus. I've taken too many precautions and made progress with OTO-313 to throw all that away on what I regard to be a useless vaccine for my situation.

I am a lone wolf and when I'm around vulnerable populations of people I take precautions to ensure I don't transmit. These vaccines have driven dozens of people to this site with spikes and new manifestations of the condition and no matter how small the risk I don't deem it worth it.

This killed Kent Taylor and we should remember that, at least those of us who are least likely to be affected by COVID-19.

• Like Like x 2
    15. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Not disagreeing with you in the slightest. One thing to keep in mind though: the sheer amount of people who have taken the vaccines worldwide makes the relatively small influx of people who report they got tinnitus from it on this forum negligible (but not for them, on a personal level). And some of them will think they got tinnitus from the virus, while the actual cause was something else. And in other cases, the true cause was the virus but doctors will have them believe it was caused by "stress".

I would like to know the actual percentage though: most people probably don't report thing like this on forums online. Time will tell. Same thing goes for the infection: if almost everyone alive caught another virus it would also cause tinnitus in some of them.

What's scary about COVID-19 is that the virus seems able to spread to and infect inner ear hair cells and nerve endings. This is bad, bad news when it happens but probably rare. Still, I know several people IRL who got tinnitus from COVID-19. I trust this more than any studies on the subject: how may percentage of old people who reported tinnitus as a symptom when they were in the hospital isn't very relevant to the population at large.

For me, two new permanent tones were the only symptoms. When I catch Omicron unvaccinated we'll see how it goes.

• Like Like x 2
    16. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes. There's something comforting about this: the best thing for the virus is to kill less and infect more people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. Stacken77
      Wishful

Stacken77 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise (likely headphones & cars), Acoustic trauma did me in
      I'm also unvaccinated, and pretty stressed about this too.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    18. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm also Swedish, the restrictions were lifted shockingly fast huh? So starting Monday, I will have to commute and see people every day. In 1 month, I will have to be in close contact with mostly elderly patients every weekday for 3 weeks which is far from ideal for them.

I'll get Novavax as soon as it's released here. Did you know it's in part developed here in Sweden? I have no choice but to get vaccinated sooner or later to get a job, and I'd rather take my chances with Novavax at this point. I'll get it before any tinnitus-related side effects have a chance of being reported, I have everything to win by deluding myself that Novavax is safer regardless of the truth.

19. summitplum

summitplum Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      azithromycin
      Excuse my ignorance, but isn't Novavax similar to Johnson and Johnson, which is known to cause tinnitus? I'm not sure how Novavax would be much safer than the alternatives.

• Creative Creative x 1
    20. tpj
      Sad

tpj Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      Is this because you're worried the vaccine will affect your tinnitus?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    21. Stacken77
      Wishful

Stacken77 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise (likely headphones & cars), Acoustic trauma did me in
      I'm worried to catch COVID-19, and worried to take the vaccine, because of the tinnitus and hyperacusis - yes.

Though, I'm considering giving the protein based Nuvaxovid a shot once it arrives here, which is very soon.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    22. tpj
      Sad

tpj Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      Stuck between a rock and a hard place. Fuck I hate this.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. makeyourownluck
      Magical

makeyourownluck Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The feeling of being doomed either way is extremely stressful.

I was going to take Nuvaxovid once it was available, but that was before Omicron, which now infects the vaccinated. I’ve been reading a lot of personal accounts trying to gauge if tinnitus spikes are occurring at a higher rate in the unvaccinated population, but it doesn’t appear to be.

At this point, I’m thinking, why risk both? It’s a nightmare.

• Agree Agree x 3
    24. Robster
      Irritated

Robster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Jan 2021 MRI, Worsened Nov 2021 Vaccine, Oct 2023 Smoke Alar
      I was considering Novavax for my second shot after the disaster of my first shot (Pfizer made my tinnitus much higher pitch), but with Omicron being much milder I won't be getting a second shot.

25. summitplum

summitplum Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      azithromycin
      Omicron isn't milder for unvaccinated. Those reports are only in those who are vaccinated or had COVID-19 prior.

26. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Available starting today (in Stockholm).

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    27. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Source?

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    28. Robster
      Irritated

Robster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Jan 2021 MRI, Worsened Nov 2021 Vaccine, Oct 2023 Smoke Alar
      I'm not unvaccinated, I'm partially vaccinated as I have had one vaccine dose. Also, yes, Omicron is milder compared to Delta (not saying that Omicron can't be dangerous), but saying it is as severe as Delta is 100% factually incorrect.

29. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      They seem to be different, though I don't understand exactly how. J&J is a vector based vaccine that, similar to Pfizer, instructs cells to start making the antibodies or spike proteins, but Novavax is just straight up spike proteins ready to go. The effects of Novavax on tinnitus remains to be seen. But they claim that it has fewer side effects in general.

30. Aryhian

Aryhian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer vaccine
      My severe tinnitus started the day after my first Pfizer vaccine. My ENT consultant acknowledged that this is happening both after COVID-19 infection and vaccination.

This is the first research I have seen:

SARS-CoV-2 vaccine-associated-tinnitus: A review

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2