Will You Get Vaccinated for Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Can It Make Tinnitus or Hyperacusis Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheDanishGirl, Nov 13, 2020.

?

Will you get vaccinated for coronavirus?

1. Yes, right away, as soon as possible, when the first vaccine becomes available

2. Yes, planning to, but I will wait a while to see if there are any potential long-term side effects

3. Maybe, I haven't decided yet one way or another

4. No, I'm not going to get vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Travis Henry Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 Moderna Vac, Noise and stress I guess, its killing me
      How many regret getting the vaccine?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Governments keep focusing on depriving citizens of their most basic rights. Politicians must have bought a ton of stock of pharma companies because they keep insisting on another round of "vaccination"...

Among my work colleagues 5 are suffering from heart conditions they did not have prior to getting the COVID-19 vaccines... and one of them just died this week aged 46 from a heart attack (she never had heart problems before).

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. Lurius
      Sad

Lurius Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valsalva maneuver
      I'm extremely happy that I did not take the vaccine, but the isolation really cost me.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. tpj
      Sad

tpj Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      I absolutely regret getting the vaccine. Made a bad situation so much worse.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. JavierBR

JavierBR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15-04-2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vacuna AstraZeneca
      Hello.

I was completely healthy.

I decided to get vaccinated with AstraZeneca in 2021 and since then I have suffered from tinnitus and hyperacusis... These are isolated cases, but unfortunately I am not the only one.

The decision to get vaccinated has literally changed my life ever since.

• Hug Hug x 6
    6. blamingeverything

blamingeverything Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high frequency hearing loss
      I'm really dreading the forthcoming new mandates to get the variant vaccines this winter. Because I'm going to refuse it and I'm probably going have to mount a huge offensive to keep my job, which is mostly remote by the way.

My tinnitus onset coincided with the Moderna booster. I'm not convinced it triggered it but I don't want to take the risk of worsening.

The vaccines don't prevent the illness nor have they prevented transmission meaningfully, and I'm not in a risk category, so what's the point?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      There's no point in getting the vaccine.

I did not get the vaccine and when I got COVID-19 it was lighter than a normal flu. To me it is such a joke that governments have tried to force people to get vaccinated for this...

COVID-19 has been the excuse for central banks to print trillions of dollars and euros and hand them over to the rich, while the rest suffer rampant inflation. So this has been money for free for the privileged and pain for everyone else.

Central banks have bailed out the world economy when it was about to collapse in 2020. I think governments have been making up most of the economic "data" since the 2008 crisis.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 3
    8. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @JavierBR -- Actually, these are not isolated cases. My understanding is that tens of thousands of people have reported getting tinnitus from the vaccines, or have had their tinnitus worsen, sometimes significantly. Since probably less then 10% of cases are actually reported AND documented, it means the number if far higher. -- I'm sorry to hear you ended up with tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    9. blamingeverything

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tell us how you really feel, mate! :D I agree.

At one time there was hope that the vaccine would curtail transmission, which would be a huge deal and would support mandates, but it doesn't.
      Yes. I have procrastinated the VAERS report. Maybe I'll do it now.

10. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      • Agree Agree x 3
    11. Mjtm77

Mjtm77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013-2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Question: Couldn't getting really sick with COVID-19 worsen tinnitus/hyperacusis the same as the vaccine? Isn't it kind of a lose lose?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I guess over time we will know the truth. Especially after families who lost their loved ones AFTER getting vaccinated start suing pharma companies. Those pharmas who created and distributed the "vaccines".

Now they will campaign to say that their vaccines have nothing to do with people dying suddenly in their 30s and 40s, people with no previous history of heart problems, like it is already happening

The growing evidence that Covid-19 is leaving people sicker

• Like Like x 1
    13. tpj
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      Yes it is lose lose. Whether it's the virus or the vaccine, COVID-19 has completely screwed us over. In my case though, it was the vaccine that did the damage.

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @tpj -- I have to disagree. Viruses do their thing, with no motive whatsoever except for their own survival. I think what (who) really screwed us over were the bungling government officials working hand in hand with the greedy pharmaceutical companies to push a mindless masking and vaccine policy.

They coupled that with an aggressive censoring (and threatening) of any scientist or health care practitioner who tried to offer low-cost, effective treatment therapies, which had already been used successfully for decades for all kinds of respiratory infections. There was never any need to require vaccinations. It was all mindless nonsense. And there's no need to fear COVID-19, if you know how to prevent it, or treat it effectively once you get it.

BTW, there's a testimonial on this forum from a person who got tinnitus from the COVID-19 vaccine, and was able to get rid of it by nebulizing dilute hydrogen peroxide. I read another testimonial recently of a woman who used nicotine gum to get rid of her tinnitus which she'd had for ten years.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. tpj
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      Nicotine gum got rid of her tinnitus??? Weird. How does that work?

16. Mjtm77

Mjtm77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013-2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Is that a nervous system thing?

17. tpj
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      I really don't know. Just know that both can cause and make tinnitus worse.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      Yes, it is. It is a gamble where you can win or lose, no matter what your choice is. I had a very bad 4-5 months long effect on my hyperacusis from the first Pfizer shot. I got the second shot which I don't think had any effect on my tinnitus or hyperacusis, but I chose against getting the booster shot. I decided that for me who is mostly homebound and cut off from the world and other people, that there is less risk in not getting the vaccine vs. getting it.

Besides with these new variants, I personally don't believe the vaccine makes much of a difference for most younger people. It is at least proven that a vaccination does not make you less likely to contract it. Only maybe makes the symptoms milder... maybe. But lots of people go through COVID-19 fine as IT IS milder now. I have an aunt who is quite ill with various diseases and even she only had some cough and a runny nose.

Besides I know of a person who was told by an ENT that him and his colleagues have an increasing number of people show up in their clinics, who have developed tinnitus in connection with getting vaxxed. It is a well established side effect now. But on the other end, a few people do develop tinnitus/ear pain from the virus or have it worsened from it. You just gotta do what feels right for you. There are no guarantees, no matter what choice you make.

• Agree Agree x 3
    19. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      Watch it Lane, remember this is the jabber thread. No anecdotes; citations only (y)

20. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I got COVID-19, and was unvaccinated. I had severe hyperacusis and tinnitus previously, and neither of these conditions was altered in any way by COVID-19.

• Like Like x 2
    21. blamingeverything

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, more specifically sensory gating.

22. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I got a good chuckle out of your comment, thinking it was meant to be humorous. But I then began to suspect your words were meant to be some kind of admonishment. Which has its own humor I guess. Care to clarify? (It's fine with me if you don't want to). -- Best, Lane

23. arctic_penguin

arctic_penguin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      It was the worst fever I ever had being unvaxxed, but it didn't do anything to my tinnitus. The ear infection did the most damage for me. Ativan also made it worse, but I had to take that as I was panicking.

• Like Like x 1
    24. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      It was the former, not the latter :)

• Like Like x 1
    25. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    26. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Got it! Now that I've gotten a green light, watch out! :D

27. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Like Like x 2
    28. blamingeverything

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sounds very similar if not the same thing as the concept of "immune imprinting".

What immune imprinting means for the future of COVID-19 vaccines

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    29. Nick47

Nick47 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      Scientists warned of this ADE, yet still the rollout continued. What a mess.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    30. karsten

karsten Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Massive earwax plug left unremoved for too long.
      Extreme regrets. I got the vaxx in April to go to Europe. Same night as my first Pfizer shot, my tinnitus skyrocketed.

Stayed high all the way till my trip.

Then, remarkably, the tinnitus diminished significantly during my six weeks in Europe.

But after I got back, it ramped back up again after about two weeks, and now it's as bad as right after I got the shot.

Before the shot, my tinnitus had died down for YEARS to almost nothing.

• Hug Hug x 4