Will You Get Vaccinated for Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Can It Make Tinnitus or Hyperacusis Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheDanishGirl, Nov 13, 2020.

?

Will you get vaccinated for coronavirus?

1. Yes, right away, as soon as possible, when the first vaccine becomes available

2. Yes, planning to, but I will wait a while to see if there are any potential long-term side effects

3. Maybe, I haven't decided yet one way or another

4. No, I'm not going to get vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. EricJ
      Wtf

EricJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Severe Ear Infection
      I've had bad Tinnitus since 2015. I'm vaccinated and boosted. I've had zero increase in T. In fact my T went completely away for 2 days after my first shot. Second shot I felt a little groggy is all. The Booster, I didn't feel good for about 24 hours.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Darktale

Darktale Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic Trauma
      For information, and if not already posted, a new COVID-19 vaccine, based on the traditional technology of the inactivated virus, will be soon released in Europe, normally available as from May.

This is the same technology used for the yearly seasonal flu vaccine.

It has been developed by the French Company Valneva.

COVID-19 – VLA2001 – Valneva

"VLA2001 is currently the only inactivated, adjuvanted, whole virus vaccine candidate against COVID-19 in clinical development in Europe. The vaccine is based on well-established technology which, in contrast to novel COVID-19 vaccines such as mRNA vaccines, has a long history of use – notably in seasonal flu and polio vaccines"​

Initially this will be available for first shots but a study is ongoing so that it can be approved for booster shots for those who have initially been injected with a mRNA vaccine.

I have been vaccinated every year for 10 years with the flu vaccine and never got any side effects in my ears.

I am double vaccinated with Pfizer and I could consider to get a booster with such a "traditional" vaccine in the future if needed.

• Like Like x 1
    3. IAmCalifornia
      Wishful

IAmCalifornia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      this year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i wish i knew
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How does this vaccine differ from Sinopharm's inactivated one? In parts of Europe that has already been used with varying results, also as a booster too.

5. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Travis Henry Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 Moderna Vac, Noise and stress I guess, its killing me
      I wouldn't have tinnitus at all if I hadn't got the vaccine. I got Moderna in September and noticed tinnitus in October.

• Hug Hug x 4
    6. SonOfUhtred
      Confused

SonOfUhtred Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud lifestyle
      I didn’t get vaccinated at all. I’ve had COVID-19 twice and fought it off twice. I wasn’t going to get brainwashed into getting it (although they did almost get me :))

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    7. karsten

karsten Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Massive earwax plug left unremoved for too long.
      I resisted getting the shot for a long time. But just over three weeks ago, I finally got my first Pfizer jab, in order to be able to travel.

My tinnitus, which I acquired ten years ago, had slowly diminished to a very quiet, completely manageable level for the last six years or so. But wouldn't you know it -- the very DAY that I got the Pfizer shot, I heard my tinnitus get louder, and louder, and louder, until by the evening, it was as bad as it had been when I first got it ten years ago (catastrophic).

I've had mostly bad days of tinnitus ever since, with just three or so good days.

Now I'm scared to get the second shot, lest I make it even worse. But if I don't get the second shot, I can't travel -- so I will have reactivated my tinnitus for nothing.

The jabs are questionable, to say the least.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      First to do when receiving tinnitus after COVID-19 vaccine is to get blood work for inflammation.

9. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I unfortunately just got COVID-19 this past Monday. Symptoms are pretty nasty including fever, cough, congestion, etc.

Definitely having a tinnitus spike, but I think this is mainly due to the congestion. I can't pop my ears either.

I can't imagine what this would be like without the vaccines.

• Hug Hug x 3
    10. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Just depends on the person. My brothers and their families got it, friend and family got it, all unvaccinated, and just had nasty fevers. They are fine now.

• Agree Agree x 5
    11. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do they also have tinnitus?

12. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      An ambulance had to take a colleague of mine to hospital today due to a sudden heart problem, caused by the COVID-19 vaccine.

13. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Yeah, just one of my brother does.

14. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      How do you know it was caused by the vaccine?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    15. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I cannot know. That's what the guy said. He said he noticed his heart racing and doing weird things after the second dose, and then this happened and now he is in hospital. He said he did not have this problem before the COVID-19 vaccine.

16. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
    17. LostinTX
      Not amused

LostinTX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      poss ototoxicity/unknown/BVVP diagnosed first then tinnitus
      If you can check in your area maybe for monoclonal antibody treatment?My husband and I got IV treatment and it works amazing. He was back to normal within 48 hours. I was asymptomatic positive and got it so that my tinnitus wouldn't increase. We are both unvaccinated.

• Informative Informative x 1
    18. Joey72
      Approved

Joey72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ, neck arthritis, combat.
      Same here. I’m just getting over my second bout and it was no fun but I don’t want to risk making my tinnitus worse. On the other hand, I don’t know if I can make through another COVID-19 infection. Between a rock and a hard place. Hoping they come out with a safer vaccine.

19. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The risk of COVID-19 making your tinnitus worse is significantly higher than the vaccine...

20. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My fever broke today so I think it would be too late for me to get that. My doctor also said that since I was a young healthy guy he wouldn't advise it unless I became very sick.

21. tpj
      Sad

tpj Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      That may be so but it was the vaccine that ruined everything for me.

• Hug Hug x 1
    22. Jon R.

Jon R. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 & then again in 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st tone 2001 ear plugs, 3 other tones 2021 Pfizer vaccine
      It has been just over a year since I had the vaccine (May 12th) which made my existing tinnitus 10x worse and also gave me reactive tinnitus and hyperacusis. Both ears affected. It never got better. This was the Pfizer, first dose. I thought I was being smart not getting the AstraZeneca vaccine due to the blood clot risk, so when offered the Pfizer I jumped at the chance.

I should have researched first. The irony being I had the vaccine because I read about the Texas RoadHouse owner killing himself due to the extreme tinnitus he got from COVID-19 infection, so I thought I would protect myself. Within 36 hours of the vaccine, the increased tinnitus began, LOUD.

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. Static Sophie 73

Static Sophie 73 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      We are now seeing the damage these injections are doing to so many people as time moves along. Tinnitus is a known and common side effect particularly with the mRNA ones. Heart inflammation problems too.

It’s everywhere but main stream media aren’t allowed to highlight this. Independent media is where you go.

I suggest folk on here listen to the highly regarded Dr. Peter McCullough - he is one of many medical people sounding the alarm. These injections are pretty much useless against the current weaker variants circulating. No dispute there. Myself and many others I know who stood our ground and didn’t take a jab - thank goodness I’ll never regret that decision! I have had COVID-19 in recent weeks with mild symptoms easily managed at home - all upper respiratory gone within a week. Taking vitamins D, C and Zinc regularly to support immune system.

24. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      "Independent Media." All media is biased, so you just choose one that fits your narrative.

People have argued ad nauseam over this topic on here so there is no point, but I'll say this:

Pick your poison. The vaccine with a less than 1% chance of making tinnitus worse vs 30% chance of Long COVID-19 causing serious damage to your brain and/or body.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    25. Static Sophie 73

Static Sophie 73 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      1%??? Not sure where you get that data from but common sense would even tell you it’s far more than that.

26. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    27. Joey72
      Approved

Joey72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ, neck arthritis, combat.
      The FDA is funded by big pharma by over 50%. Am I supposed to believe them? The vaccines are now being proven to be useless against the new variants. I would take a real vaccine if they could come up with one. I’ve had COVID-19 twice and believe me it is no fun.

I’d like to know where you’re getting those numbers. I think it’s pretty well known that the FDA has been less than honest on everything related to COVID-19.

There has been no change to my tinnitus after being infected twice.

28. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      You are correct but you have to factor the percentage of actually getting COVID-19 too. Also not everyone reported to VAERS, I know I didn’t.

29. Robster
      Irritated

Robster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Jan 2021 MRI, Worsened Nov 2021 Vaccine, Oct 2023 Smoke Alar
      That doesn't apply if the first shot made your pre-existing tinnitus worse (which happened to me). After my experience with my first Pfizer shot, there's absolutely no way I'm getting a second. In the UK at the moment AstraZeneca has been phased out and the only available vaccine options are Pfizer or Moderna which are both mRNA and I now know for an absolute fact that my tinnitus reacts adversely to mRNA vaccines.

30. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you can't trust science that is publicly accepted worldwide, than no amount of data will convince you otherwise. I am not wasting my time trying to convince you.

• Funny Funny x 1