Already 6 Hours Tinnitus Free with CBD Oil

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Drecul, Sep 26, 2015.

?

Did CBD Oil Help Your Tinnitus?

1. It improved my tinnitus, temporarily

2. It improved my tinnitus, permanently

3. It had no effect on my tinnitus

4. It worsened my tinnitus, temporarily

5. It worsened my tinnitus, permanently

6. I haven't tried CBD Oil

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Morland

Morland Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Inner ear infection
      Bought 250mg Canabidol CBD as I have a winter throat, chest and sinus infection resulting in my T level hissing being really elevated.

Didnt notice any difference yesterday after my afternoon and evening first try doze of CBD. This morning and early afternoon my head has been pleasantly quieter, about level 3. Late afternoon now and I have just tried a half pipette CBD under the tongue and now my head is buzzing pretty badly at level 7/8.

I'm on Amoxicillan antibiotic and Salbutimol inhaler for the chest infection, and taking a high strength B complex with Vit C and a Calcium Magnesium D3 and Zinc combo. Also Lemsip with paracetamol, but the only thing I can imagine possibly elevating my T is the Salbutimol inhaler, if not it has to be the CBD.

I'm wondering if this CBD is just expensive snake oil. Its probably unfair to judge after such a short period, though member DRECUL claimed that "it took 2 drops of 4% CBD oil and within 5 minutes, SILENCE!"

Anyone with any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      I don't know. I've spent way too much time googling the effects of cbd/cannabis and for the most part it seems cbd makes tinnitus worse.

3. Morland

Morland Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Inner ear infection
      Have just come across this Frontiers in Neurology test supported by a Jean Cathie Bequest Fund, administered by the Auckland Medical Research Foundation, New Zealand.

The conclusion of the test results suggest that cannabinoids, such as delta-9-THC and CBD, may actually aggravate tinnitus (53). This might be predicted from the work of Zhao et al. (16), which suggested that the net effect of activation of CB1 receptors in the DCN might be to increase the excitation of fusiform cells, thus exacerbating neuronal hyperactivity.

The authors declare that the research was conducted in the absence of any commercial or financial relationships that could be construed as a potential conflict of interest.

Go to:

4. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      I think cannabinoids worsen tinnitus but the THC in cannabis has a dissociative effect that helps people forget it. So perhaps the only way to get relief would be to get a medical card (or live somewhere where you can get it legally) and try various strains that contain both THC and CBD. There's a site called Leafly where people review different strains. Many reviewers mention weed as making tinnitus worse, but some reviewers say some strains say it makes the tinnitus better -- or makes them not mind it at least. But it seems the CBD oil, especially the kind that you can get at a health food store, isn't useful for tinnitus. Interestingly, a lot of people use it to calm their pets.

5. iAzra
      Curious

iAzra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma, Stress, Nose hit
      Bought some CBD oil in capsules, online from Netherlands.
      Afraid to use it as I have read here that some had (permanent) spikes in their T.
      My T was noise and stress and kick in the nose inducted.
      What to do?

6. binsonica

binsonica Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck treatment
      @iAzra Hi fellow Croatian!
      I've been taking CBD very often for the past two months and it spiked my T a little bit only once but it went back down after 12-24hours. Plus I didn't panic about it because I was so relaxed from the oil.
      I'm so thankful for this oil since it helped me so many times to fall asleep. I recommend it to everyone who has trouble with sleeping, stress, anxiety..
      Of course there are many different producers and many strains so I it depends on multiple factors. I ordered mine from Slovenia. I wouldn't say it is the best quality but it does the work.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. iAzra
      Curious

iAzra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma, Stress, Nose hit
      I am hoping to help with anxiety and maybe my H..
      From where did you order and how much do you take daily?
      DO you have H maybe as well?

Also if you could PM me doctors you went to, that'd be great :)

8. Wolfears

Wolfears Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely accoustic trauma
      For vast majority of T sufferers, anything cannabis will spike it temporarily which in itself is very revealing.

What amazes me is the fact, that nobody from the scientific community is taking notice of this fact and through combination of logic and scientific know-how on how cannabis works isnt able to create a "reverse" of sorts.

My own logic tells me, that if it is possible for some substance to make the T louder, it should be also equally possible to go the other way and decrease the volume as well by creating some sort of a mirror opposite effect.

• Agree Agree x 3
    9. binsonica

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck treatment
      @iAzra Here is the site from which I ordered. I take 5 drops before I got to bed.
      I did have H, and thankfully I got rid of it 2 months ago.
      I don't know how to send a private message:bag:
      Give me your email or you send me one first.

10. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Interessting poll.
      I do eat hemp hearts which should have the oil and all the other nutrients inside of it (and none of the THC as well). I wonder if just taking the oil would perhaps have some effect. It seems to get more populair if I look in stores as well.

11. binsonica

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck treatment
      Hemp hearts contain only trace amount of CBD. Hemp oil is made from hemp seeds and it is used for salads and such, while CBD oil is made from the flowers which contain a lot of CBD. Sometimes producers sell hemp oil by false pretenses saying it is rich in CBD. That is why you have to be careful when buying it.
      But even though hemp hearts don't contain CBD they are extremely nutritious and they help with all kinds of health problems :)

12. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Allright thanks for the information, I thought hempseeds where the only edible part of the plant. I will give CBD oil a try then to see what it does. I find hemp hearts to be a usefull replacement for white rice in some recepy's.

13. krispin
      Woot

krispin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      forever
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      wayward youth
      So I started taking CBD yesterday... No my tinnitus has not miraculously disappeared nor can I say it has diminished, BUT at this moment, I am not getting the razors edge peak that I usually have and the ringing is more balanced between the two ears. (left is usually more dominant) I also didn't wake up at 4 am sharp to listen to the tinnitus for 40 minutes before falling back asleep like I usually do.

Will keep you updated on my progress or regress in the coming days.

• Like Like x 1
    14. krispin
      Woot

Tinnitus Since:
      forever
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      wayward youth
      Day 2.5

Before I go much further, here are my details... I have chronic Tinnitus that I have had since I can remember, chronic sinus issues, Age/occupation hearing loss runs in my family. Do not smoke weed or other, drink socially and use NSAID's for occasional joint pain.

This morning
      • 20mg CBD
      • Two sprays of Flonase each sinus
      Current Ringing: dominant left side, right is definitely lower than usual.

Last night
      • 12 mg before bed,
      Slept so so, but still didn't listen to my tinnitus at 4 am like I usually do.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    15. krispin
      Woot

Tinnitus Since:
      forever
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      wayward youth
      Day 3.5

40 mg of bcd before bed. Slept amazingly well. Tinnitus did not keep me away at any point. When I compare my Fitbit sleep measurements, I am getting a better night sleep than I have had since I have owned a Fitbit that measures sleep patterns.

What has also happened is that my sinus congestion seems to be clearing up (something that CBD purports to do), this in turn would undoubtedly help with my Tinnitus as the eustachian tubes are not under as much pressure.

I think it is safe to say that in the very short time that I have been using CBD, it does not directly reduce my tinnitus. What it has done very quickly is, improved sleep and improved my sinusitis, which in turn has reduced my tinnitus symptoms a enough that I notice improvement.

Cheers,
      krispin

16. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      And that's exactly why I end up ignoring cannabis proponents. I'm sure cannabis has some benefits. But people go way too far with their love for it lol.
      But hey if it's working for your T then good. And I hope it continues.

17. krispin
      Woot

Tinnitus Since:
      forever
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      wayward youth
      Yes that is some devotion Drecul has for a plant and if it gets rid of the tinnitus... That is great.

As for me, CBD is definitely not getting rid of my tinnitus directly. As I said in my last post, I can only attribute any reduction I am getting from taking CBD to helping me get a better night sleep and it has cleared my sinuses. It has NOT been a miracle cure for me.

• Like Like x 1
    18. BBH

BBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I praise CBD for many of its great attributes but I can 100% confirm that it can cause or reactivate tinnitus in someone with a history of tinnitus or previous hearing damage!

After much research and a desperation to help my sister with cancer, I began her on a regiment of CBD and THC - and just tonight decided to give myself a dose of CBD for my chronic back and neck pain. Within 20-30 minutes my pain was greatly relieved but out of the blue my ears began a very loud, high pitched, constant ringing!

I immediately grabbed my IPad to see if this could be a known side effect of CBD - and found this and many other sites that link CBD and tinnitus together - some as a cure and some as the cause. I wish I had found these sites before dosing myself! I was troubled with tinnitus for several years but have not had any signs or symptoms in 5 years until tonight!

I'm hoping it is temporary and subsides as the CBD wears off - I actually prefer the ringing over the back and neck pain but did not expect to have this unfair trade off! Although it does confirm that some of what is on the internet is true - regardless of the source - I'm not a "expert" at anything in medicine, science, or any type of drugs and yet I hope my story and information can help someone.

I can also 100% confirm that it has helped my sister greatly with her pain and severe sick nauseated effects from her chemo treatment. She went from a limp helpless, starving chemo victim to a hungry and wide awake cancer fighter after one dose of 11mg THC and 12 mg CBD oil!

Wake up medical industry - and stop ignoring this beneficial treatment!!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    19. xen

xen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      feb/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not known
      hi all,

decided to try some full spectrum CBD oil , mainly for sleep . on order and waiting for it to arrive

some of the posts mention it can cause spikes , which is quite a scary prospect

not expecting any miracles regarding the T

only had T for 2 months now , but it's has been living hell . don't mind it during the day , but sleep patterns really messed up

been trying to isolate cause , and I'm suspecting it's stress induced

regards Xen

20. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Yup smoking weed makes my T worse and I stopped smoking.. If my T was very very low at the time I would smoke a bowl and the T would go above average for me.

21. Lisa2018

Lisa2018 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mp3
      How are you managing these days?

22. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
    23. lebloom

lebloom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Am new here and I have Tinnitus and Epilepsy which I heard this CBD oil will help both. Or am I incorrect about this"?

24. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      I believe there are studies showing CBD to help with Epilepsy among other ailments. I am not sure there are any studies showing long term use of CBD and T. CBD is in a weird spot right now where there are no real long-term studies done on it and it's kinda seen as a wonder drug. There seems to be little downside in trying it though.

25. krispin
      Woot

Tinnitus Since:
      forever
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      wayward youth
      Unfortunately, it would seem for the majority of people CBD oil does not help with the Tinnitus.

26. Wolfears

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes CBD will help with epilepsy and anxiety, but might make the T a bit louder...temporarily of course till it wears off.

27. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Never heard it can make it louder. Not doubting you. Just never heard that.

28. Wolfears

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's probably not that it makes it louder, but you will percieve it as such since cannabis heightens your senses.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    29. krispin
      Woot

Tinnitus Since:
      forever
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      wayward youth
      CBD doesn't make my tinnitus louder, but it does improve my sleep, which is when my tinnitus bothers me the most. I am not waking up in the middle of the night and listening to it for an hour or more before falling back to sleep. I just power though the night and getting a good nights sleep.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    30. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2008 but cured and relapsed from benzos
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      What dose can I take for sleep?
      For my tinnitus CBD does nothing... but good sleep improves my tinnitus & hyperacusis