Already 6 Hours Tinnitus Free with CBD Oil

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Drecul, Sep 26, 2015.

?

Did CBD Oil Help Your Tinnitus?

1. It improved my tinnitus, temporarily

2. It improved my tinnitus, permanently

3. It had no effect on my tinnitus

4. It worsened my tinnitus, temporarily

5. It worsened my tinnitus, permanently

6. I haven't tried CBD Oil

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Did it improve?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      For those in the know, I am looking to try CBD (THC free) for my tinnitus and anxiety.

My naturopath has recommended I purchase a CBD isolate from this company. Here is the actual one I am thinking of trying:

https://www.downtoearth.green/shop/oils/isolate-cbd/iso-2000/

Petrified I will spike my tinnitus, so want to get any thoughts on how this one looks before I try it.

It does say it is a 99% CBD isolate, and the remaining 1% looks like it is comprised of associated turpines and carrier oil (can choose between hemp seed oil and MCT).

The strength looks like it is 2000 mg.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, as I clearly have no clue.

3. SoundB0und
      Balanced

SoundB0und Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      Why not start super small? Everything new I start I only take the smallest possible amount, I think the upsides to this far outweigh the downsides of whatever dangers there are of taking much less than the therapeutic dose, usually there are none.

I'm not sure why this isn't used more, have people not thought of it? That means, I literally take the smallest spec of a pill I can. In the case of taking CBD the first time, I'd dilute the liquid to a ridiculous amount, like taking 1 drop of CBD and mixing it with a glass of water and taking only a very small sip. It seems pedantic but knowing how sensitive I am it's been the only way I've been able to avoid serious side effects, permanent or not, with trying tons stuff that's really weird and obscure. This way there's next to no danger or anxiety.

You amp the dose slowly, sometimes it takes me several days to get through a pill if I think it can be harmful for me, if it's safe I usually do it faster. CBD takes very little time to have a full effect so you're unlikely to be surprised by something weeks later. If you get unbearable side effects at any point you can just quit early. The 2000 mg strength here means the whole bottle. It says 66mg per ml, a ml is 20 drops so u can do the math, 3.3 mg per drop or so, pretty standard for CBD.

I decided to start taking CBD again, full spectrum, this time only about 8mg per day divided into 2 doses. I like how it makes me feel, I was doing too high doses before. Good luck I hope it works out for you, @DebInAustralia.

4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Did it settle down?

5. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Was it THC free?

6. Shm

Shm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      CBD use
      Taking CBD oil for anxiety caused me to have tinnitus that I never had before. It worked great for my anxiety, but every evening I would get this loud ringing in my ears for like hours. This is considering I never had measurable tinnitus before taking the CBD.

I had to quit taking the CBD, but now guess what, two weeks later I am left with constant cricket noises in my ears. Not as loud as the CBD induced ringing but SO irritating! It never goes away! Now I am left with my anxiety and buzzing in my ears.

Wow, I can’t warn enough about CBD. I am left just devastated.

7. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      You might want to wait a couple of weeks and see how you are then. There is no reason to think at this stage that your tinnitus will become chronic. I would suggest listening to calming sounds at night to help to relax and take away the focus on the noise and trying to keep occupied during the day (use background sounds too if necessary).

Stay calm and stay positive.

8. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Does it contain THC?

9. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      CBD can act on GABA receptors albeit less than benzos.

So not that surprising.

10. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I was taking CBD for a few days and it has done nothing for my tinnitus. Didn't feel that it made it better or worse.

11. Tasty
      Feminine

Tasty Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Visual Snow Syndrome, possibly TMJD/Cervical Instability
      How about CBD oil for the jaw?

12. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild hearing loss due to high volume sounds
      Based just on this totally unscientific poll, it looks like CBD oil has absolutely no statistically significant effect on tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. StoneInFocus
      Badass

StoneInFocus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing damage, ear infections
      I don't know if this has been mentioned before but a Dutch paper published in 2017 tested samples of commercially sold cannabis oil and found out that the majority of them didn't contain the same percentages of CBD and THC as the package label claimed. So for instance, products contained far less CBD than advertised. The paper also mentioned that, at the time of publication, the origin of the cannabis for commercial oils was unknown, and that it could be polluted by heavy metals and pesticides.

Another study published in the same year found out that out of the 84 samples of commercially sold CBD oil they analyzed, 36 of products were underlabeled (contained more CBD), 22 were overlabeled, and 26 were accurately labeled. 18 samples contained THC. So it's possible that some of the adverse effects mentioned in this thread are related to unspecified amounts of THC in the CBD oil, or the presence of polluting chemicals.

The solution to this problem is to only buy oils that are certified by a trustworthy third party tester.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    14. MaxRabbit

MaxRabbit Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Zoloft, NOISE, Anxiety, EARBUDS.
      Hi Tasty.

You can apply topical CBD (no THC) to the jaw. I have read about a few people who massage the oil on their ears and another lady who puts hemp (no THC) oil drops IN her ear.

People need relief. Best wishes!

• Informative Informative x 1