Already 6 Hours Tinnitus Free with CBD Oil

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Drecul, Sep 26, 2015.

?

Did CBD Oil Help Your Tinnitus?

1. It improved my tinnitus, temporarily

2. It improved my tinnitus, permanently

3. It had no effect on my tinnitus

4. It worsened my tinnitus, temporarily

5. It worsened my tinnitus, permanently

6. I haven't tried CBD Oil

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      In this study they used CBD mixed with THC at a 1:1 ratio; that makes the drugs they used a lot more similar to marijuana than to the CBD being discussed in the thread here.

THC is pretty well known to exacerbate tinnitus perception, and the mechanisms of action of THC and CBD are very different
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2219532/

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      There is quite allot of CBC Oil sold on Amazon. But, not sure what brand and/or strength to buy. Wish regular doctors were familiar with it.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. dorje
      Transparent

dorje Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, might be ENT
      It does, sometimes less, sometimes more but generally it somehow does. Sometimes, when I forget it to take it before my work in the morning I can see a difference. I have two Tinnitus, one high pitch, pretty much all the time (except in the morning when I woke up) and one low hum, which wasn't all the time. Now the the high pitch one I've got it in November, but the low hum one I've had it for a year or so, but it wasn't so bothering. Anyway for a last week or so it has been diminishing hugely, which is great. I don't know if that's CDB job, because I'm taking also nasal spray to clear my Eustachian tube. But generally, since I'm taking CDB the high pitch it also less annoying and it seems I'm making slow progress, it's a little bit quieter compared to beginning.

Also, for some years I've had trouble sleeping, usually about twice a month, after about four hours sleep I was waking up and couldn't sleep anymore for an hour or two, and only after that time when I felt tired again I was able to get some more sleep. But since I'm taking CDB it hasn't happen even once, and actually a lot of people say it helped them with the sleep.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Anima

Anima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma/metronidazole+kanamycin
      dorje, I'm glad CBD is working for you. I'm going to buy a botle and give it a try. I too have sleeping problems, so if it only helped this I should be more than happy. I thank You very much for your reply.

5. CraigB
      Frustrated

CraigB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive noise and loud bangs
      I've been taking a combination of CBD Oil & magnesium for a week now. I also quit drinking a bottle and a half of wine a night during this same time period. The T is somewhat muted but still loud enough to hear over a water faucet on full blast, but there haven't really been any spikes. I have not heard the tea pot sound this week.

The big thing is my blood pressure has normalized, which I attribute to not drinking. It all seems to be a vicious circle. BP is high, ears are loud, anxiety is high, dark and suicidal thoughts are had, clonazepam and wine are consumed. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm going to continue on with the CBD Oil and Magnesium for 6 weeks to see the effect over time, but I'm not going back to drinking every night. THAT seems to be the catalyst for making habituation difficult.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @CraigB how is it going with the oil? I was thinking of trying it out

7. CraigB
      Frustrated

CraigB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Dginobile I'm going on 2 weeks of CBD Oil. I bought a month supply and am planning on giving it 2 months to gauge real effects. So far I can't tell any difference. For reasons unknown my baseline T moved higher about 8 weeks ago. I hope it goes back down, but I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that this is the new normal for me. I'm not giving up hope though.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    8. binsonica

binsonica Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck treatment
      Hi everyone!
      I've been curious...what is your CBD dosage? I just bought a 10ml bottle and it has 10% extract. The instructions recommend 1 drop per day which seems awfully little, so I'm taking 3 drops for now and I'm thinking about taking even more. It has only been two days and although there is no difference about my tinnitus, I am sleeping like a baby.

9. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I get locally made full-spectrum CBD tincture in MCT; each bottle has 1,000mg of cannabinnoids, which is listed as 25 doses -- so that's 40mg of mostly-CBD per dose. This is the most premium stuff I've found that's locally sourced, and it's close to a hundred bucks a bottle.

Dose in "drops" is not very useful because there's an incredibly wide variety of strengths and products of severely varying quality on the market. I am deeply skeptical of most stuff sold on Amazon; I wouldn't want to buy anything unless they are providing lab analysis from a reputable lab, like this: https://upstateelevator.com/pages/lab-analysis -- likewise, the "percent of extract" is not a useful metric, because "extract" just means "the stuff we pulled out of the hemp with co2/butane/whatever", and so "extract" could be 99% CBD or it could be 0.1% CBD.

I'd say in general you want to be sourcing things from states that have well-established medical (and/or recreational) marijuana industries, because this is basically the same product. Paying a bunch of money does not guarantee quality, but if someone is selling something that claims to have 1,000mg of CBD in it and they're only charging $15, then you should be very skeptical because the economics of that don't really work out.

If you look at what PhytoDabs is doing (https://www.phytodabs.com/products/ratios-small-batch-crumble-full-spectrum-blend-no-6) -- they are using the same processes used to make high-quality modern hashish, using strains of marijuana which contain little-to-no THC. So, gram per gram, their products run around the same price as high quality hash ("Shatter"), and that's reasonably what one would expect to pay.

This is all really stupid, basically unregulated cowboy nonsense for now, which is why I'm fine paying a premium for a high-quality product. I am hopeful that prices may fall a little bit over the next few years as regulatory frameworks are better established (Jeff Sessions be damned).

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. binsonica

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck treatment
      @linearb I agree with everything you say. I also have a local product of the highest quality. Payed around a hundred dollars for a 10ml bottle which has 1000mg of CBD in it. So you are saying that 40mgs of CBD is a daily dose? That makes more sense to me. These guys say that a daily dose is 4mg (which is one drop)!
      So which one are you using? I will order from another producer when I finish up this bottle.

11. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A problem with dosing is that we don't have much by way of large-sample-size randomized controlled studies assessing CBD's effects or impact on various conditions. The fact that you think you're seeing a benefit to sleep from a 4-8mg dose, might mean that's correct for you? Or, at the very least, that you might want to work up gradually and not just jump to 40 because some guy on the internet says he takes that much :D

Lately I've been using that Upstate Elevator Supply stuff linked above -- I don't know if they ship to Croatia for reasonable prices, though. They actually sell it at the grocery store I go to.

12. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      this study was for childhood epilepsy: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26800377

That's really telling -- there's only 74 patients here, and there's a huge difference in doses used. You don't see that in typical pharmaceutical trials; if they're looking at different doses, then they split people into cohorts and give each cohort the same mg/kg dose. I've never seen an RCT with a note that says "well, some people took 5mg, and some people took 100mg, and mostly people were happy with it".

But, this isn't a RCT, this is a retrospective where they went and looked at a bunch of different patients who had used CBD and are just reporting the effects. What we need is large-sample-size RCTs. Get 1000 people with epilepsy, 1000 people with insomnia, and then give 250 of them a placebo, 250 of them 1mg/kg, 250 of them 5mg/kg and 250 of them 10mg/kg. Double blind.

That's the kind of science we need to get to the bottom of these issues, but it's really expensive to do that. There is presently a legal battle under way in the US; pharma cos would basically like to kill medical pot and replace it with pharmaceutical compounds they can patent.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...ly-on-one-of-weeds-key-medicinal-compounds-nd

I think we should find a way to fund the research, and absolutely should not turn CBD into a pharma-only product.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. binsonica

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck treatment
      LOL! I will definitely work up gradually :)
      I know the shipping is enormous, but I have a combination for that. I will get someone from America to buy it and send it to me at lower shipping rate as I do with the rest of the stuff I order from the US.
      Thank you very much for all the info :thankyousign:

• Like Like x 1
    14. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @binsonica if you end up trying the Upstate Elevator Supply MCT oil, I'll be curious to hear what you think. I'd say it's the second most effective CBD product I've tried; the most effective was CWBotanicals -- but that stuff had enough THC in it to be definitely psychoactive, which I found offputting. They have recently rebranded (www.cwhemp.com/), it's still very expensive even compared to Upstate. They also used to sell different CBD:THC ratios which they do not appear to be doing any more; my suspicion is that they may have previously been selling stuff which was actually too hot (too much THC) to be 50-state legal, and they may have rectified that.

Like I said -- we're in a weird cowboy wild-west time period with this stuff. It's all going to change a lot over the next couple years, for better or worse.

15. binsonica

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck treatment
      @linearb I used to be on that kind of oil which had a lot of THC while I had injuries from doing yoga. It didn't say so on the label, but it was pretty clear to me that is had slightly "psychoactive consequences". I also tried it when I got tinnitus and the times when I was most freaked about the ear ringing. It really helped me during my worst times of depression. The thing with the THC oil was that it never helped to alleviate any of the symptoms, let it be injuries or tinnitus, but it helped my mental health and to get rid of the stress. I became even more aware of the problems bothering me, but at the same time I found my peace with them. It gives you an introspective of yourself. It makes you think a lot. I had millions of combinations and ideas and it made me more life-full. But it wears you down after a few days. With CBD it is similar regarding physical symptoms, it gives you that calmness and serenity of the body, but it doesn't have that mental edge where your mind is a rainbow :D
      Also what THC oil did for me was it forced me to live a healthier lifestyle. I couldn't stay inside of the house, I would just have to climb a hill, go for a walk, anything. It also made me quit sugar, salt and a whole range of food that is bad for your health. It just didn't taste good any more.
      Awareness is definitely the signature of THC oil if you ask me, but if you become too aware, life can become very complicated. It is so great that CBD oils are (almost completely) THC free so everyone (including myself) can take them without fear of mental overload.

• Like Like x 1
    16. MarkLeslie
      Insomnious

MarkLeslie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Who Cares? ITs gone! Lol.

17. CraigB
      Frustrated

CraigB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've been taking 30mg Active Cannabinoids (CBD Oil) and 2000 mg of Magnesium Threonate for 3 weeks now to try to reduce the effects of moderately severe tinnitus. I'm also still doing weekly acupuncture and 15 minutes of daily meditation.

In this 3 week period it seems like the volume has been reduced to a degree. It should be noted that I also have cut my alcohol consumption to less than half of normal. Basically no drinking during the week and no more than a bottle of wine on Fri and Sat nights. I just bought a 2nd bottle of CBD oil, so let's see if there's noticeable difference between week 3 and 6. It will be interesting to see what my THI & TFI are next week.

18. J.Hartog
      Worried

J.Hartog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Life
      I started CBD oil today,mostly to deal with the anxiety from tinnitus and quitting benzo's.

I may have been using too much benzo's during the holiday's to get me through them,roughly about 2mgs of lorazepam daily and quit cold turkey which I know now is never a good idea!

Huge spike in tinnitus lot of brainfog/head aches and anxiety through the g*ddamn roof :( :(
      Tinnitus and anxiety is a cocktail from hell.

Today I started using it and it definitely takes some of the edge of anxiety and maybe tinnitus too. I would say maybe 15% less intrusive tinnitus.
      This could very well be placebo or just the CBD calming me down and in return making my tinnitus seem less loud.

Benzo's have a very good effect on me but tinnitus does definitely get louder after stopping them and thats a risk I am not taking again. I am never taking them anymore unless I am really losing it.

Its just the first day on CBD and I will keep it up and keep you updated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    19. binsonica

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck treatment
      That is a great tactic. I would recommend adding 5-10 minutes of breathing exercises. There are 2 basic exercises which do wonders for anxiety and stress. When I first got tinnitus, they saved me from pills and from a mental institution. The ujjayi pranayama (popularly called Darth Vader breathing) helped me so many times in numerous situations. Once you get it right, it calms and releases your nervous system in a matter of minutes.

Here is the instructional video, I never did the 3rd one, it seems a bit inappropriate for tinnitus sufferers.
      3 Most Effective Pranayamas - Deep Breathing...

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    20. monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1991 (Low level). Worse Dec 2017 to Now
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury (paintball) 1991. 2017 > Onwards Cause? Not sure.
      I just ordered some oil & capsules from cibdol.com I will give it a try.

21. SteveToHeal
      Insomnious

SteveToHeal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I have been trying CBD oil that has a percentage of THC in it. I think that together with determined focus on something other than t has helped me a great deal. The only thing is some mornings after taking it I wake up stoned! So if you don't do well being stoned try get the pure CBD non-THC stuff. I do think the plant extract has amazing healing properties. I've come off sleeping tabs that i've been on for 3 years and the t is almost non-existent most days.

• Like Like x 1
    22. Fmykoul

Fmykoul Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear cleaning
      I just bought a bottle of 300 MG of CBD with the hopes of getting some relief but unfortunately it only made the noise very intense.

20180126_203334.jpg

23. monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1991 (Low level). Worse Dec 2017 to Now
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury (paintball) 1991. 2017 > Onwards Cause? Not sure.
      Did the level go down after a while?

Thanks.

24. J.Hartog
      Worried

J.Hartog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Life
      I had to go back on to the benzo's my cold turkey quit spiralled me into the worst anxiety attacks I've had in 7 years. Almost went to have myself checked into the looney house.

My dumb ass thought with a little CBD oil I will be just fine, boy was I wrong. And this is just from about 4-5 weeks straight using lorazepam. about 3mgs a day. Before that now and then sporadically I used it.

So yeah 4-5 weeks on benzo's are enough for horrible withdrawl symptoms. Specially if you are still not stable and dealing with tinnitus. Mostly anxiety increased by 5x. And T spiked to a 9/10, up to the point I couldnt sit still in my house. And the tinnitus was driving me mad.

Now I am back on 3mgs lorazepam daily + cbd oil + b12 + vitamin c +krill oil+ magnesium,

Guess what?

No tinnitus just a faint hiss.

Oh and I walk around like a frikkin zombie, but no tinnitus.
      If i plug my ears with my fingers I hear a faint beep. Maybe a 1/10

Will be tapering off slooooowly now. But it is dangerous that I do know how to shut down my T. Just fill up with benzo's and CBD and some other supps.

Only side effect yeah I feal like a zombie. :( And getting of them could be straight hell.

Why cant the docs figure something out. So sick of this shit :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. Fmykoul

Tinnitus Since:
      01Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear cleaning
      I took 6 drops on Friday night with no change. But all day Saturday no noise at all. But on Sunday I experienced a massive spike which lasted 5 or 6 hrs. Do I haven't used it since... but maybe I should ..not sure

26. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely due to fluid in ears, and then it just stuck around.
      Sounds like you should def test it more. Try using it for 5 days and see how it goes.

27. Fmykoul

Tinnitus Since:
      01Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear cleaning
      So I took two. Drops this morning before work. A few hours later my ears start ringing. I placed a few more drops and so far complete silence.
      But here's the thing though. I only starting experiencing T last week after my ruptured ear drum healed. So yesterday my Doctor put me on a 10 script of 20MG Prednisone. So I can't completely give all the credit to the oil or the steroid. But I will continue updating this weekend.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    28. Henk Linde

Henk Linde Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/ 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Band, playing trumpet, unknown
      Nice to be on this forum.
      After reading all the good news about CBD oil, I just went to the store and bought a small €10 bottle 2,75 % and took a few drops at 17:00 hour.
      Now, 40 minutes later, the only result is a bad, bitter taste in mouth. The tinnitus is still loud and clear.
      But I think I have to be patient.
      Here in The Netherlands I can buy it at the supermarket, for higher percentage of CBD I think I have to go to a coffee shop.
      I just wish this T will disappear for just one day and I can experience true silence again.
      Keep you informed. IMG_20180210_173908.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    29. Henk Linde

Henk Linde Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/ 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Band, playing trumpet, unknown
      After 20 hours and many droplets of cbd still a steady bleep in my ear.
      If it sounds too good to be true......

• Agree Agree x 1
    30. dorje
      Transparent

dorje Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, might be ENT
      Just few thoughts on how CDB cannabis worked for me.

I've started taking drops about 2 months ago, about three weeks later when my T started. I was super anxious about my new condition and couldn't relax at all, which unsurprisingly made it even worse. Then, after taking CDB oil, my T seemed to be a lot lower then usual and also changed its tone, for less annoying. I continued using this on daily basis and I also noticed that, I don't get that sporadic insomnia anymore, which was issue for me for many years, mostly on full and new moon days.

Then I forgot to take cannabis oil for few days and my T didn't changed much, but I had two nights rough sleep, and that's how I remembered about oil. When I started taking it again my sleep was back to normal full night proper healthy rest, but I didn't noticed any affect on my T.

So here are my thoughts. For me CBD it's not a magic pill making T fade, I guess it worked for me so well at the beggining because of my anxiety, but now, when I'm not stressed about it anymore, seeing slow but continues progress in "healing", it doesn't have much effect on me, except of my better sleeping. And that's what CBD oil mostly is - "tranquillising drug" which, generally speaking, deals with nervous system.

So, if the cause of your T is stress, you might wanna try it.

Here is also the link describing benefits of CDB oil.
      https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317221.php

• Genius Genius x 1