Already 6 Hours Tinnitus Free with CBD Oil

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Drecul, Sep 26, 2015.

?

Did CBD Oil Help Your Tinnitus?

1. It improved my tinnitus, temporarily

2. It improved my tinnitus, permanently

3. It had no effect on my tinnitus

4. It worsened my tinnitus, temporarily

5. It worsened my tinnitus, permanently

6. I haven't tried CBD Oil

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. IAmCalifornia
      Wishful

IAmCalifornia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      this year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i wish i knew
      How did you get tinnitus? What does it sound like?

2. Jane M

Jane M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      My ENT says it’s caused by hearing loss. I don’t believe it though. I mean I do have hearing loss and I now wear hearing aids.

Although I believe I have undiagnosed health issues which have been left untreated and are causing the T.

I am working with natural remedies at this time such as the oil and changing my diet, and plenty of vitamins.

I have lots of sounds.. ringing, buzzing , some times a whooshing or a cricket sound ...

It’s a symphony in my head!

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. IAmCalifornia
      Wishful

IAmCalifornia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      this year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i wish i knew
      Thank you for the answer :)

4. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Jane M

I'm happy to hear you're doing well with CBD oil. Could you share what brand you prefer, and how much you're taking. -- Thanks!

5. GamesB2
      No Mood

GamesB2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      uknown
      I had a really bad spike this past week and since I vape anyway I thought I'd pick up some CBD oil to try last night.

Got some 200mg premixed oil to vape and used it for a few hours in the evening.

It might be complete coincidence but one of my harsher tones seemed to calm down a lot after using it, it didn't make much difference to the overall spike in my tinnitus but it seemed to help me sleep a little better than I have done recently.

Worth giving a shot if you have the money, is expensive for how much you get though!

Plus the oil doesn't vape nicely and gave me a few rough hits and made me cough so beware of that.

6. WestCoastGirl85
      Buzzed

WestCoastGirl85 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic ear drops getting into inner ear canal
      Can anyone tell me a brand of CBD oil they use?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      THIS LINK will take you to the brand I use and like. I'm still looking at other brands however.

8. Jane M

Jane M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss

Hey Lane,

I actually use CBD through a medical marijuana prescription. I use Spectrum Yellow oil. I had used a few other in the past although they are from the Hemp plant which isn’t as strong.

I take one ML in the morning and another ML before bed :)

• Like Like x 1
    9. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      after spending about $500 on 5 bottles and used 3 times daily for 5 months I can say it does nothing for my tinnitus

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      CBDS should help anxiety and inflammation thus it should help tinnitus by helping these other issues...they make a vape pen ( CBD Delux) - CBDSs with Valerian root and chamomile that really makes one sleepy the catch is Valerian Root doesn't mix with many meds and can cause very harmful issues....among them liver problems.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    11. SubduedJoy

SubduedJoy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Lexapro
      Whether or not CBD oil will help really depends on the cause of your tinnitus. If the cause is cellular inflammation or reactivity to mold/fungi, then CBD oil might help you.

I recently had an inflammatory/auto-immune DNA test. There are four ways genetics can affect inflammation: inflammation cellular, autophagy consideration, detoxification, and inflammation environmental.

CBD oil is one of the things recommended if you have inflammation cellular gene variants and gene variants related to mold/fungi reactivity. It's not one of the things recommended for the other inflammatory/autoimmune gene variants. It doesn't mean CBD oil won't help. It just means there are other things that will probably be more effective.

Some experts believe that high insulin levels can cause tinnitus. Autophagy gene variants can increase the risk for diabetes. So it would make sense that issues with autophagy could cause tinnitus.

There has been great advancements in the research of Autophagy in the last couple of years. It was only in 2016 that Dr. Yoshinori Ohsumi won the Nobel prize for his discoveries of mechanisms for autophagy.

I recommend seeing a functional doctor and getting tested to find out if your having inflammation and, if so, what could be causing the inflammation.

12. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Suspect listening to music on my iPhone too loudly
      I'm new to this forum as well as a new T-sufferer. I have experimented with Cannabis CBD with no benefit at all - BUT - it seems that when I take the hemp oil CBD - I get some relieve - specifically, I don't dwell on T as much. The kind I'm taking is Charlottes Web Extra Strength - and I only take a few drops (likely 1/4 or less of a dropper). Each full dropper is 9 mg of Hemp-based CBD - so it is not much at all. Placebo effect? Maybe - but as other posters above have said - it helps with sleep and lowers anxiety which makes T worse.

• Like Like x 1
    13. smapti

smapti Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1991
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infections
      I'd like to share my experience...it might be placebo effect since I hadn't smoked in a year, but...I took off for Vegas a few nights ago. Explained the issue to the budtender...he hooked me up with some Sativa strand (Pure THC) for smoking, as well as some CBD gummy-cubes for ingesting (he used a lot of words that were "right up my alley" such as "inflammation of the nerves".

I ingested 2 gummies every 2 hours or so, and smoked the Sativa flower immediately upon getting back to my hotel. I noticed an IMMEDIATE change in my tone (to the more bearable tone...from buzzing/hissing to pulsing), and just sat there and listened to my silence for like an hour. Smoked more and didn't notice my sound for the rest of the night. Same thing the next day.

The final evening in Los Angeles I bought a disposable vape-pen with a combination Sativa/Indica variety. I think the Indica is the bad one, as my T was very noticeable.

Will try again with the Massachusetts weed pretty soon...and keep you posted. I was very happy about my experiment...hope it works again in the near future.

• Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
    14. Lisacb

Lisacb Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Somatic tinnitus / head injury
      I stumbled across this information on CBD oil:

www.ontrackdiabetes.com/live-well/diabetes-management/cbd-oil-what-know-you-try-it

Before You Buy
      Read the lab report before purchasing any CBD-related product. Lab studies of CBD oils have found compounds in some that shouldn’t be there including dangerous synthetic cannabinoids, THC (the psychoactive component of marijuana responsible for making you feel high) and heavy metals like lead. Researchers have also found a too-low and too-high concentrations of CBD in some products. The label may not give you any of this information—so it’s wise to request a lab report before you buy a CBD oil product, Konieczny recommends.

“I think using manufacturers that are submitting to testing or pharmacies that are trying to carry CBD and have done some vetting may be the answer,” Dr. Bhatia says.

#2. Skip CBD oil if you take the certain medications
      Cannabidiol is a “potent inhibitor” of two key liver enzymes—CYP3A4 and CYP2D6—that break down many prescription and over-the-counter medications, according to a report from the District of Colombia Department of Health3. In fact, one of these enzymes, CYP3A4, metabolizes one-fourth of all drugs according to the report. “Cannabinoids do interact with some pharmaceutical drugs,” she notes. “It’s important to talk with your doctor or with a healthcare practitioner familiar with cannabis before using it.”

By interfering with metabolism in the liver, CBD could increase blood levels of these drugs, according to the report: Macrolide antibiotics, blood pressure-lowering calcium channel blockers, the cholesterol-lowering statins atorvastatin and simvastatin, antihistamines used for allergy symptoms, anxiety-reducing benzodiazepines, cyclosporine (an immune suppressant used to prevent transplant organ rejection), erectile dysfunction drugs called PDE5 inhibitors including sildenafil, some antiretroviral drugs, antidepressants including selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants, beta-blockers (used by people with heart disease), pain-killing opioids including codeine and oxycodone, antipsychotic drugs such as haloperidol, and the blood thinner warfarin.

15. ted mavraganis

ted mavraganis Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      january 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      perforated eardrum leading to sensori neural hearing loss.
      Any research or experience with CBD for tinnitus?

16. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You can search marijuana threads, some people have experiences while high tinnitus gets loud (from what I’ve read). I take CBD oil without THC, I put drops in my tea to help me sleep. I really would like to try with THC, there’s a thread where peopoe's tinnitus fades while on CBD, but others say their tinnitus goes up while on it. So I decided to buy without THC.

17. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    18. TuxedoCat
      No Mood

TuxedoCat Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High-frequency hearing loss
      I have no experience with CBD or cannabis but Glenn Schweitzer has a website called rewiringtinnitus.com and a blog where he reviews different CBD oils. ATA has done a podcast with Glenn, if you are a member there, you have access. People use the oil to help with anxiety.

Sorry, can't help with cannabis.

19. Helheim
      Angry

Helheim Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Reports seem to be mixed. Some people say it helps with anxiety and sleep, others say it spikes their tinnitus even more. For me, CBD hasn't helped.

• Like Like x 1
    20. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      • Agree Agree x 1
    21. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      A lot of people get decent results with hemp oil, it's usually the people that smoke it whose tinnitus spikes like crazy.

22. Helheim
      Angry

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Can I have some of what you're smoking please

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    23. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Sorry but I clearly smoked all of it.

24. Helheim
      Angry

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Wow so selfish

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      I'm sorry I bogarted.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    26. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Canabidoil - if in doubt - leave it out - perhaps?

27. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Has anybody had their tinnitus increase permanently from VERY HIGH doses of CBD oil with some THC in it (0,2)?

My tinnitus got significantly worse during the same time period I started taking a lot of CBD for my chronic pain condition. This could be entirely coincidental of course, and yet I worry...

I haven't used any CBD for 5 days and I notice no change in my tinnitus. In fact, it has stayed at a constant level for 5 days whereas before it was silent for some days of the week. Again, could be coincidental.

I know that cannabis in general can spike tinnitus temporarily, which it also does for me. But what about permanent effects?

The only paper on the subject that often gets posted is this, and it concerns an oil with as much THC as CBD which kind of makes more a study on THC in my eyes: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4364172/

I honestly don't understand the results of this paper regarding my question about long term effects:

"To find out whether THC and CBD would have any long-lasting effects on the animals’ tinnitus-like behavior, the animals were given a 2-week washout period during which the drug administration was stopped and the animals had free access to water and food. The tinnitus testing resumed after the washout period and there was only a significant group effect for 32 kHz tones (F3, 48.581 = 3.870, P = 0.015), but not BBN or 20 kHz tones. This significant group effect was due to the difference between the exposed-tinnitus-drug and sham-drug groups (P = 0.011)."

28. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Medical science has yet to find a cure for tinnitus, an audiological and neurological condition that affects more than 50 million Americans. As a result, tinnitus sufferers are left to seek out whatever relief they can find. For some, this may mean trying cannabidiol, also known as CBD...

https://www.healthyhearing.com/report/52945-Can-cbd-treat-tinnitus

• Like Like x 1
    29. Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mixing music for long and too loud.
      "A 2015 study using CBD to treat lab rats, for example, showed it didn’t help, and in some instances even seemed to worsen tinnitus (in rats, at least)."

• Like Like x 1
    30. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Hello, @erik, nice to meet you. This thread caught my eye immediately, as I have done a fair bit of research on CBD oil. A family member is using it to alleviate stress that is induced by severe arthritis. In her opinion it is a godsend. We have talked about it at great length, which led me to this site. I believe it is a very credible source for information and quality oil.

https://www.charlottesweb.com/about-us

I should make it clear that the oil doesn't stop the pain, it relieves the stress and helps her to relax, therefore helping her a great deal.

Do have a look at the video on the home page, it is interesting, indeed.

• Like Like x 1