Already 6 Hours Tinnitus Free with CBD Oil

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Drecul, Sep 26, 2015.

?

Did CBD Oil Help Your Tinnitus?

1. It improved my tinnitus, temporarily

2. It improved my tinnitus, permanently

3. It had no effect on my tinnitus

4. It worsened my tinnitus, temporarily

5. It worsened my tinnitus, permanently

6. I haven't tried CBD Oil

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Vicki14
      Panicky

Vicki14 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Hi @Christophe_85 not so much these days due to muscle pain and tiredness from fibromyalgia sadly!

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Christophe_85
      Alone

Christophe_85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      Hi Vicki !

Sorry to read that... :/

You will get better I am sure ! And you will go back to the swimming pool ! Which I should go more, ahaha because I have gained a lot of weight... :D

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Article -- Why You Should Never Buy CBD Oil From Amazon

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
      • Amazon.com, which controls an estimated 40% of all U.S. e-commerce and handles more consumer searches than Google, has been found to sell counterfeit supplements on more than one occasion
      • A recent investigation found that while Amazon prohibits the sale of cannabidiol (CBD) products, it sells ad space for CBD and carries thousands of products matching the search term for “CBD”
      • Testing reveals Amazon’s bestselling hemp oil contains CBD, even though CBD is not listed on the label. Other products listed as “CBD” contain no CBD. In essence, Amazon is defrauding customers twice
      • There are no reputable companies selling CBD on Amazon, so do not buy CBD products from them
      • Another recent investigation identified 4,152 items for sale on Amazon that have been declared unsafe or banned by federal regulators, or have deceptive labels

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. JacquelineG
      Thinking

JacquelineG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      What dosage of Trobalt worked for you?

5. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Can you paste the website for the Pure CBD?

6. Picassocat

Picassocat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24 y
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise

Looking at the picture, it doesn't look like CBD oil, but cannabidiol oil, which isn't the same thing. CBD oil isn't available everywhere. I haven't tried CBD products for my T., but I soon will. (see enclosed) cbd.jpg

7. Picassocat

Picassocat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24 y
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I simply think it's bad research. You either use CBD OR THC, but not both. Their conclusion is bogus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      In places where it is legal, you almost always buy medicinal CBD with low levels of THC. Maybe at a 10:1 ratio. Not enough to feel anything. I don't know whether it is based on actual studies or common knowledge, but it has been explained to me that the CBD has a much greater effect when there is a slight amount of THC with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You are correct. It's called the entourage effect. Although it's all about the dose. It's just that nobody in their right mind would take enough full spectrum oil to get high. If you eat the raw hemp though, it's economically feasible to get a bit high from it. Results will vary with strain and crop.

10. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, the world is a slimy place. They are also pushing the narrative that CBD gives liver damage based on a bogus rat study. Big pharma does not want people to realize that CBD is better than many of their medicines.

The liver study is like saying salt can kill you. While technically correct, it's also completely irrelevant

I should check my liver I suppose. I honestly haven't heard of anyone eating more CBD than me, so if my liver is alright then that should settle the matter in my mind at least.

• Like Like x 1
    11. alex1975

alex1975 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound induced
      Hi Erik, I live in Las Vegas where it’s legal as well. Is there are particular brand that you bought, or should I just go to one of those cannabis places and ask for full spectrum CBD? Thanks

12. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

CBDPure is the brand he mentions in the last paragraph

https://www.cbdpure.com/

• Like Like x 1
    13. alex1975

alex1975 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound induced
      Perfect, thank you!

14. MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rehearsals/Meds
      Did most people who experienced a spike from CBD oil, find that it resolved itself after stopping? I’ve been taking drops for the past couple weeks - I’m noticing the last several days a ramp up in volume and intensity. Wondering if the CBD could be the culprit.

15. dan26
      Frustrated

dan26 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      very bad concussion motorcycle accident
      I wonder if this has ever been tested for purity by consumerlab.com.

16. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      No polls on this? I am curious of the percentage it helps vs no change vs perceived spike from it.

By helped, I would define that as perceived lower tinnitus volume after taking it and thus, a measurable or perceptible reduction in volume after taking CBD oil, in which no other explanation can be found - random reductions are ruled out.

Also, what levels of THC is in the CBD oil in these cases.

17. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Some products provide a GC/MS but most don't, so, this generally isn't knowable unless you have a lab or make your own.

The stuff we get here that my wife uses for sleep does provide GC/MS, per batch, like this:
      https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...BATCH_HW221219E_Lot_36529200.pdf?v=1584450831

So in this case I believe 1.4% CBD to 0.045% == 45/1400 = 3%

A usual dose is 30mg of CBD, so just about 1mg THC.

Given that they sell CBD-free 2.5mg THC mints as a sleep aid, and given that most CBD products that either of us have found to be effective have at least 0.5-2mg of THC in them, I'm sorta deeply suspicious that CBD isolate does anything at all. I have vaped and eaten significant quantities of straight CBD isolate with no noticeable effects.

https://www.cbdpure.com/lab-test-results/pdf/10TRC012019.O4617 - Nutra Pure LLC - CBD Pure 600.pdf

Zero THC in that stuff, apparently. My guess is I would find it to be basically inactive, your mileage may vary.

All this stuff is insanely overpriced, too. It costs me about $3 to make 1000mg of CBD shatter at home if I grow the plant, and I only a bit more by processing someone else's hemp: https://cbdhemp.direct/collections/...s/75-cent-grams-bulk-cbd-hemp-flower-for-sale

That's 230g @ 20% CBD for $169; 46g CBD == $3.67/gram; if you use cryo-temp ethanol to process in a closed loop, then that will add about $1.50. You can open blast butane a lot cheaper, but you shouldn't because butane is gross and you'll blow your eye out.

So, you're looking at like fivebux for a gram of CBD full spectrum extract, compared to $45 and up in stores... I don't understand how people use cannabinnoids if they are not self producing, it's just silly overpriced, and the price inflation we see on the THC/rec side that we can write off as a sin tax is even dumber when CBD costs the same.

• Winner Winner x 1
    18. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 but not a problem till 10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music spiked with lyme disease
      Back in November when my tinnitus became insanely loud I quit marijuana. During that period I had bad days and good days with tinnitus but sleep was horrible most of the time. After several weeks I started using CBD drops for sleep and did practically nothing for me. I then moved on to very small amounts of marijuana mixed with CBD keef. No more sleep problems and my tinnitus is slightly improved, but most likely because I'm now getting used to it. My experience is that cbd/marijuna has no direct positive or negative effect on my tinnitus. It seems to me that tinnitus does what it wants despite anything I might try but if you want to sleep the CBD needs a little THC to work.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. ThijsD

ThijsD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24/04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress anxiety
      For what it is worth, I tried CBD/THC oil, CBD oil without THC (0.00%) and vaping CBD oil, all very low dosages. The reason I tried CBD / THC oil has nothing to do with my tinnitus.

Unfortunately, all methods I tried spiked my tinnitus. It takes about a day before the tinnitus settles down again. Strangely, my tinnitus increases after a couple of hours I use the CBD oil, when the CBD should no longer be active. It almost seems like a withdrawal symptom.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. Tweedleman
      Depressed

Tweedleman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Noise
      This has also been my experience. I can remember reading somewhere that at least some THC is needed for CBD to work. My Dad tried pure CBD oil and then a vape pen which did absolutely nothing for him. Smoking some low THC high CBD flower had much more of an effect. I'm considering trying some CBD products for my tinnitus, I just have little faith. Not even benzos will bring mine down.

21. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      I've started experimenting with CBD oil. I'm using a full spectrum oil, sublingually, and titrating the dose gradually up. Today's my 3rd day; so far, used 10mg-10mg-15mg respectively.

My greatest fear was that the oil would worsen my tinnitus. Mercifully, there seems to be absolutely no effect. Today I had a mini panic attack when I thought I'm hearing a new noise but it was just some transient thing.

It does seem to be affecting my anxiety, though. After ingestion, I get 2-3 hours where I feel... normal. That persistent background feeling that something horrible is just around the corner, that need to be on alert, that tightness in the chest... gone. I just feel well.

3 days is very early and the dose is apparently too low but I'm hoping I'm on to something here. God knows I could use some relief, if not from the tinnitus, then at least from the anxiety.

• Like Like x 2
    22. Victoria O'Meara

Victoria O'Meara Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possible TMJ
      Hello..
      I'm new to this forum.
      On April 5th, I had a bout of dizziness and vomiting, which by afternoon, either spiked tinnitus I was unaware I already had OR started it ver' Batum. I have since discovered I also have TMJD w/out pain relation so that too went un noticed until acute care doctor felt jaw popping upon exam of my throat what when saying "Ahhhh" lol
      I have semi painful temple headaches now and an RN coworker/friend swears by CBD for pain, inflammation, etc. and so on.
      I used a tad of the CBD gel she offered and rubbed it into my temples and to my surprise, the stabbing pain subsided.
      Now, that being said, I bought the same gel and cream at a local shop.
      It's called FLOW (brand).
      The gel is as follows: (I do believe these amounts are based on the entire jar volume of 1.1oz) (30g)..
      Gel:
      146mg CBD
      4mg THC
      Cream:
      250 CBD
      100 THCA
      25mg THC

As of last week to present, I've been incorporating supplements into my diet, ie: Lecithin, Magnesium, Daily Multivitamin, etc.

Tho, the CBD gel/cream seems to assist in my headache pain level, My T has increased in volume over the past few days.

I'm going to do a trial run of stopping all supplements and using JUST THE GEL for 72 hours and see if it tones down, if not, I'll stop the CBD and start the supplements and check again.
      Im hoping I can get a finger on what caused my T to spike and I pray it's not the CBD as it was not cheap and does help the temple pain.
      So I'm kinda in a catch 22..

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    23. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      My neighbor across the hall has a natural medicine business. I tried drops in my ears today. It's not so good.

24. hans799
      Mellow

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      CBD oil is usually ingested sublingually. You should try that, too.

I've been using the thing for roughly 2 weeks now and it's great - no change to my tinnitus but it's soothing my anxiety wonderfully and also helps with sleep (not by directly inducing sleepiness, but by removing the anxiety that would prevent the onset of sleep).

• Informative Informative x 2
    25. Paul38
      Gloomy

Paul38 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      table saw
      I picked up a 30mL bottle containing 500mg. One dose is 1mL or about 16 to 17mg. Is that too low?

26. hans799
      Mellow

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nope, I'm doing 2x25mg a day and that's just fine.

However, make sure you have full spectrum CBD, not an isolate. Full spectrum has "entourage effect", meaning that low doses like 20-25mg already have a very noticeable effect, while you need a LOT more (like factor-of-ten more) of isolate.

27. Paul38
      Gloomy

Paul38 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      table saw
    28. Croaker
      Haunting

Croaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019 T, 04/2020 H
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones/Car Alarm/Immune Response?
      I tried 1ml/20mg full spectrum pharmaceutical oil and it spiked my tinnitus. Kinda interesting because nothing else really causes spikes for me. I do feel relaxed otherwise so it’s a real shame. I expect/hope it will calm down in a few days.

29. Richard M

Richard M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity? Allergies?
      I have no info on CBD's effect on tinnitus but do know there are a whole lot of totally worthless CBD oil products out there that are full of sweeteners and water. "Peak Hemp 1,500mg full spectrum oil" is among the good ones. It's expensive $90-100 for a 1 oz bottle but since it's not watered down, it's likely a decent value.

30. hans799
      Mellow

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, the site doesn't say unfortunately. Hope this works for you. If it doesn't, however, don't give up on CBD but look for one that is full-spectrum, CO2-extracted, and has lab tests available. Based on my best understanding these are the markers of a good CBD product and the one I got really does work

(by the way I'm using an European brand called CannabiGold, it's produced in Poland/Hungary so it's a local brand for me, loving it)