Already 6 Hours Tinnitus Free with CBD Oil

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Drecul, Sep 26, 2015.

?

Did CBD Oil Help Your Tinnitus?

1. It improved my tinnitus, temporarily

2. It improved my tinnitus, permanently

3. It had no effect on my tinnitus

4. It worsened my tinnitus, temporarily

5. It worsened my tinnitus, permanently

6. I haven't tried CBD Oil

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      I guess you won’t be taking it again?

2. Flyingsheep
      Sheepish

Flyingsheep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Actually I still want to try it more, but I'm moving to Hong Kong in two weeks and it's banned there. That's the main reason I haven't bought more.

3. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Ok got it, need to read up on it as there are lots of strengths etc...

Why would it not work for tinnitus if it works for epilepsy? It’s so frustrating. If cannabis worked I’d give that a go too, anything at this stage.

4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Because the two conditions are not related. To me tinnitus is like nerve pain and phantom limb syndrome.

• Like Like x 2
    5. JohnSV

JohnSV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      https://www.projectcbd.org/science/cannabis-pharmacology/cbd-drug-interactions-role-cytochrome-p450

6. Darkener
      Frustrated

Darkener Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown / Possibly wearing ear plugs every night?
      Ok, so I recently got some CBD oil. I have heard from people on here that it has helped them, but looking online, it seems that there is only evidence suggesting it can exacerbate tinnitus.

I got some three days ago, and have had my fourth drop today but, I can already sense my tinnitus getting worse. I had an ear infection that I’m not sure is gone but my tinnitus in the last 24 hours has gotten a tiny bit worse, I think.
      Anyone else had any experience with this oil?

7. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      I use it but really does nothing for my tinnitus no matter the dose/brand. There is not much in terms of scientific proof or trials that show CBD should be used for tinnitus. It’s all anecdotal reports.

All you can do is try and see if it does anything for you...

• Like Like x 1
    8. Darkener
      Frustrated

Darkener Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown / Possibly wearing ear plugs every night?
      Well I did find something online that said it was tested on rats (with tinnitus, how that was determined I don’t want to know) and those given CBD oil developed signs that their tinnitus was getting worse.
      Not an equal comparison, granted, but, if it helps my anxiety (brought on by tinnitus) and makes the tinnitus worse, things could get interesting.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The study used a 1 to 1 ratio of CBD/THC, meaning it's pretty much a test of how THC affects tinnitus in rats. It spikes it, and according to the study, may possibly help Tinnitus to manifest in the first place

Most CBD products do not contain anything close to that amount of THC

However, many people report that CBD spikes ther tinnitus so...

10. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Huh. Well, thanks for bringing up CYP3A4, interesting point. I don't understand how it would cause cancer though, that is what you mean in your post right? I must admit I'm very tired right now, my head swims when I try to understand all this chemistry.

But the rest of your post reads like a conspiracy theory

They allow you CBD because they realize they can make shitload of money from it, not because they want people to get cancer.

Also, it's not a "drug" in a big-pharma sense of the word. It's a plant that has been used medicinally for thousands of years.

11. MickSmith72

MickSmith72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

I was undecided whether to
      In my experience so far, CBD oil spikes my Tinnitus, which is a shame as it's very beneficial in dealing with other conditions i have. Around a month ago i stopped using CBD oil, i used to use it daily but noticed my Tinnitus levels dropping and dropping, to around a 2/10, after stopping altogether. I then tried some drops a couple of weeks later to ease the pain i have and it went back up to around a 5/10.I don't imagine this will be the same for everyone, i reckon it all depends on the cause of your Tinnitus. So again lastnight i used the CBD and same outcome, so for me i will be using only when i really need to from now on.

12. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Did it take one month without CBD until you noticed a drop in tinnitus?

13. MickSmith72

MickSmith72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No, the level, the tone started dropping as quick as the next day without taking oil for me.

• Like Like x 1
    14. MickSmith72

MickSmith72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Just an update, yesterday was a pretty rough day, levels were a 5-6 throughout the day, probably worst i've experienced since the start.Right now i would say they have dropped to a 2, such a shame if it is CBD causing my spikes, which i believe it is, as it does have some really good health benefits.

• Like Like x 1
    15. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's a shame yes, many people report that. For me it only gives me mild hyperacusis

I stopped using it for 1 month to see if my tinnitus got better. It did not, and by the end of the month my body felt so inflamed and achey that I started using it again without looking back..

I use extremely high doses though with added up becomes quite a bit of THC too

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    16. MickSmith72

MickSmith72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Maybe this is what i should look into, as that is basically the reason i started taking CBD, after awhile the pain will increase for me and it's a decision i'll need make, which is worse, or do i try a high dose

17. RingingInPA

RingingInPA Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      about 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hydrochlorothiazide (HCL) for lowering blood pressure
      I came to find this board yesterday specifically about CBD and tinnitus. I've been using a CBD balm on my muscles and it has really helped. So yesterday I bought some low dose (5mg-yes 5mg, the lowest I could find) Raw CBD oil softgels and took one to help me sleep better and hopefully help with inflammation long-term. I wasn't even thinking about tinnitus.

Well, tinnitus is worse today and I'm sure it's not a psychosomatic response, because it wasn't even on my radar when deciding to try it. I usually can ignore the tinnitus, but I cannot today. Hopefully, it will subside. I will not be using this internally again. The balm is great.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    18. MickSmith72

MickSmith72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hopefully it settled down for you today, like it did for me the next day, i won't be using it nomore like that, it's just not worth it

19. RingingInPA

Tinnitus Since:
      about 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you, Mick. Today is better, but still louder than usual. If it goes down just a bit, it will be back to its old ignorable level. I'm glad that yours did settle down.

I posted here because if anyone researched it before trying, he/she'd have this additional anecdotal information. Even though I only found the board recently, I'm very appreciative of all the sharing.

20. MickSmith72

MickSmith72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My levels dropped the next day, not back to normal, that took so many days but from going to a 2 to probably 6 or even more, i don't really know how to scale this, was abit of a shock to the system. I get good and not so good days, although it's slightly off topic, i truely now believe my Tinnitus is down to TMJ, the lower the pain, the lower the levels are, sometimes i have to concentrate so hard to see if it's there. This place can be wonderful, it's like the dictionary of Tinnitus. Keep me informed on how you're doing, it's always good to hear people's success stories, or just help through the bad times.

• Like Like x 1
    21. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
    22. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Last time I was in the States my niece got me a small bottle of CBD oil.

It did nothing for me, but I thought it was worth mentioning that the bottle cost 67 dollars US, which I found rather pricey considering it was a tiny bottle.

My friends in the States who have medical marijuana cards or live in states where it’s legal, often don’t buy from legal retailers because there prices are way to expensive.

I believe that CBD oil should retail for a much cheaper price, it’s way too expensive.

Fortunately the laws in Canada and the States are allowing people to grow for themselves but the quantity permitted is to small, but a move in the right direction.

• Like Like x 1
    23. Krolo

Krolo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1999 , Worse in September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Volume
      I tried pure CBD oil and basically got permanent new sounds on my right ear. The scientific report regarding rats and other research hints that although cbd acts as a calming agent on the opioid receptors in the brain it specifically excites brain neurons in the auditory region. I would sincerely beg people to stop trying to uses this as some kind of a remedy since it is truly a hit or miss thing.

It is probably related to that since we know that tinnitus is related to multiple areas of the brain. Some will find some relief while some will have the exact opposite.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    24. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Can you tell us what the brand and name of the CBD product you're using is?

USP / pharmaceutical grade CBD is both extremely safe... and relatively hard to find in many of the "CBD" products out there, some of which have been shown to contain no CBD (and some of which contain really sketchy stuff). Also correlation is not causation, so having consumed whatever product and then developed a new tone isn't very compelling, nor is the idea that a tone is "permanent" very reasonable since it looks like this is just something that happened recently.

If all you took was CBD I think it's 99:1 or better your tinnitus will calm down to normal over the next 3-30 days.

Sorry to be a bit tactless here, but I think your post is a bit alarmist. We've had people make similar threads about hair dye, brands of toothpaste, being exposed to extremely quiet noises from an electric toothbrush, etc. None of these things are reasonable tinnitus causes, and tinnitus happens and increases randomly all the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I have been using cannabis off and on for the past few years. This year I have been taking full spectrum CBD regularly for about 6 months and my tinnitus overall is reduced significantly. I have always had super loud tinnitus, at least since 2012. My tinnitus is not gone and this is not a cure but it definitely helps take the edge off for me. I still have spikes now and then but my low days are much more and last much longer than they ever did before. I suspect it has helped me with my anxiety and sleep and this has improved my tinnitus. I can now go days where I don't even listen or hear my tinnitus. I have never been able to do that the past 7 years until this year.

I have been experimenting with diff CBD oils, tinctures and capsules for the past few years since it has been legal in my state. There is a huge variance in quality and potency as well as types of CBD. Some just do not work at all. Some have suspect ingredients. I generally find the cheaper it is, the less likely it will work. Good quality C02 extracted CBD is generally not cheap.

Before you try this out and if it legal for you to do so, do some research and educate yourself. CBD will not get you high and generally there is little to no side effects. I just get overly tired if I take too much. Best to start with low dose 10mg and work your way up from there. It may take some time before you find what dosage works for you because we are all different. I am not saying it will work for you but I do believe it is worth a try. I use CBDPure products which is made from industrial hemp and includes a certificate of analysis on purity and ingredients

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    26. Vicki14
      Panicky

Vicki14 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Hi there,

I’m thinking about trying out CBD oil to try to get on top of my anxiety and also help with my fibromyalgia which was triggered as a result.

Has anyone tried this with positive results and not worsened their tinnitus?

Thanks x :)

27. RingingInPA

Tinnitus Since:
      about 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @MickSmith72 responded to my post. Here is my almost two month update.

Tinnitus went up first day, and then down a touch the day after. I used just one capsule of Plus+CBDoil raw formula hemp extract--5 mg cbda/cbd per capsule, from CV Sciences (I do love their balm). See more details in my posts above. It has nearly been unchanged within the last two months.

Pseudo quantifying it, tinnitus originally was a 2 and ignorable. The next day, a 4. It has calmed a little and now is about a 3, sometimes 3 1/2. Sometimes, it is ignorable, it it's still louder than prior to the one capsule I took.

28. Sannush

Sannush Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey you. Do you still take CBD oil?:) how is it working for you? Best regards.

29. Christophe_85
      Alone

Christophe_85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure...
      Hello Vicki ! :)

Do you still to the swimming pool ?

30. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Mexico and Columbia just joined the game and have gone into production.
      The good news is that the prices of the rip off artists will be driven down.
      Has to be said, the prices are outrageous... soon the working class will have access to these medicines... this is good.

• Like Like x 1