Anger >;@

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kopesy, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Kopesy
      English

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll never know
      So like I'm just wondering if anyone else here gets random bouts of anger in regards to their T? I know all of us aren't too happy about it but I'm talking serious rage!! I don't know whether it's the depression or what but I feel so damned angry & I even welcome it due to being an actual feeling other than utter sadness! I'd never hurt anyone with it but I just feel like I'm bubbling up!!! XD I just needed to put it out there! Rawr!!!!!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      My T is too low to cause anger. All I know is, do not supress it. Let it out. Buy a punching bag or something. Supressed feelings can come back to haunt you later in life...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kopesy
      English

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll never know
      @Jesse Pinkman Agree with you there, great idea about the punching bag, I'm going to start training again & that will help for both that & the stress!

• Like Like x 2
    4. calidude209

calidude209 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/24/2014
      I feel angry for not wearing earmuffs the day I was fixing the barn.it was the one time I was too lazy to go get them from the store.before I got T I was always cautious about my hearing,always lowering the volume of music being played from car,radio,4th of July firecrackers,etc.screw u T!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Kopesy, I totally enraged sometimes. I start punching things. I get a few towels to protect my hands and punch the cement walls in my basement/cellar or hard wood surfaces. Feels really good, I should take Jesse's advice and get a punching bag. I would need one of those big ones.

I get so angry like you. I feel like "The Incredible Hulk" I of course would never hurt anyone just because of T, but if I was in one of those moods and someone was trying to harm me or bully someone, (i hate bullies) then look out all bets are off.

Anyway, I think we both should get that punching bag, it would be healthy to blow off anger that way.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Magpie
      Sporty

Magpie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/1999
      So like I'm just wondering if anyone else here gets random bouts of anger in regards to their T? I know all of us aren't too happy about it but I'm talking serious rage!! I don't know whether it's the depression or what but I feel so damned angry & I even welcome it due to being an actual feeling other than utter sadness! I'd never hurt anyone with it but I just feel like I'm bubbling up!!! XD I just needed to put it out there! Rawr!!!!!

What's the point - Shit Happens!

7. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      First few months yeah...now I'm becoming void emotionally. No idea why.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. Fa82
      Balanced

Fa82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      It's funny. I don't feel anger at how or why it happened any longer ...it's more like an indefinable anger that I now have to live in the electrical power substation that is my brain.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kopesy
      English

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll never know
      I disagree, it's good to feel something at least! There have been too many times where I've felt how @Telis is feeling right now & can say I much prefer anger to that. It's also a good way of releasing which @Jesse Pinkman said. I know you have to get on with things but that wasn't the question :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    10. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      That is typical for severe depression.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Lisa123
      Overworked

Lisa123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      oh yes I get angry a lot, at my T, at myself, at my brain, at the goddamn festival that caused it, at the band that caused it, at my friends that they didn't insist on me leaving earlier with them..

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    12. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      yes I get very angry!! depressed. all kinds of emotional feelings !! just don't seem fair to have to live like this every day!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      I get depressed and angry at times---like lately. I know I'm heading down a slippery slope but im trying not to. It's difficult to motivate myself at times but I need to. It's like there's a bad cloud over my head I can't shake.

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      My T was caused due to assault and I'm still pissed off.. i was attacked from behind. My T is a low whooshing sound and nothing compared to some stories I have read on this forum.

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kopesy
      English

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll never know
      I know the feeling dude :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kopesy
      English

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll never know
      That's even worse. I hate myself for causing this but at the end of the day I've no one else to blame but in your case, well I'd be so pissed off considering it's not your fault at all! :(

• Winner Winner x 1
    17. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Life happens. Tinnitus is a result of injury to your auditory system in some way. You can't blame yourself forever and be angry about it. I know that this is all to easier said than done, but it is the truth. If you accidentally injured yourself fixing a car, through carelessness or ignorance, would you be intensely angry at yourself and the situation for an extended period of time? The analogy may not be the best, but I feel it applies. Don't beat yourself up about it. I have known so many people over the years that have tinnitus, and many of them are just generally uneducated about it. People that don't have tinnitus express surprise and alarm when you tell them that it is possible for tinnitus to become chronic. Many of them do not realize that noise exposure can cause permanent tinnitus.

It is an education issue for the population at large. I certainly never knew that your ears could ring permanently until it happened to me. I wish someone would have told me, but knowing how I was back in my concert going days, I probably wouldn't have listened anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1