Antidepressants (SSRIs, SNRIs, MAOs, TCAs, TeCAs)

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Pat, May 10, 2012.

1. kingsfan
      Mellow

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-20 / 10-20-20 / 3-31-21 / 5-23-21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      Oh dang. Yeah I completely forgot about the racing heart-rate thing. I remember waking up in the morning to a heart-rate of 110 or more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows
      Great to see. I wonder if it is feeling better mentally or just the Flupentixol. They don't prescribe that in America. Please be careful of the long term side effects or side effects that can sow up from antipsychotics.

3. TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows
      I know you have been looking for something to kick the depression. Have you tried 5-HTP?

Not condoning the use but doses of 0.05 g of shrooms instead of 0.1 - 0.3 g seem to be helping people, to kick out of a depressive state.

• Like Like x 1
    4. kingsfan
      Mellow

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm very interested in psychedelics.

• Like Like x 1
    5. TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows
      Most people, sick of ADs, even without tinnitus are. Such a poor success rate. I know someone with visual snow and tinnitus and he gets more out of LSD. Wouldn't recommend that if tinnitus is the main issue. LSD has an effect on Dopamine. Dopamine can raise tinnitus. So can Serotonin of course. So I recommend shrooms but start at 0.05 g instead of like 0.2g. The purpose is to get a person functioning again and help give them a lift to start making changes in their life. The shrooms won't make someone instantly happy. But it shouldn't blunt either like antidepressants.

Unfortunately for right now it is about accepting and I do think over time, with sleep, reduction of stress and anxiety, and taking on good habits, the tinnitus will have more good days then bad.

6. kingsfan
      Mellow

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I also think I have ADHD and is contributing to a lot of stress in my life. I've been having a hard time deciding on a psychiatrist. I always have a difficult time with decisions and take ages.

7. TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows
      It is weird how long it takes to diagnose ADHD. Everyone thinks it is just people who can't sit still. There are two types. It has a lot to do with executive dysfunction, but executive dysfunction can happen in many illnesses. Possibly LSD might be better. It is trial and error. I am curious about CBDA. CBD does nothing for me. CBDA is supposed to be 10-1000x more potent. It works on 5-HT1A like Buspar. I fear the increase in tinnitus, or basically wasting like 40 dollars.

8. Shizune
      Alone

Shizune Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H: 6/2020 T: 7/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chemical inhalation+Too many sleeping drugs
      Just a warning about psychedelics, particularly psilocybin/shrooms: I know for me it causes great insomnia. Some people were saying they take it with coffee as a morning pick me up, and it shows. The two attempts I've tried to do the Stamets' stack it's caused me to go about a week getting 4-5 hours sleep max and I never truly felt tired.

For those with really bad tinnitus where sleep is a blessing, I'd proceed with caution. Of course, when I told some others this they thought it was strange. As always, your mileage may vary I guess.

9. kingsfan
      Mellow

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yea I'm still able to sleep decently as long as I take Melatonin, though apartment life, itself, is not sleep-conducive. I'm more interested in trying a full-on trip, which is why I have been waiting. I don't feel my mental state is quite yet ready.

• Like Like x 1
    10. MatthijsDJ
      Mellow

MatthijsDJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No root cause found, most likely stress...
      Since aprox a year the psych added quetiapine to help my AD (Clomipramine and low low low dose of Mirtazapine). I take it around 20:00 and it will take care that my thoughts just stop around 23:30 so I can fall a sleep easy.

So even on those days that T is freaking loud it will take care that I ignore the stupid beeeeeeep and can fall a sleep easily.