Any Correlation with the Weather?!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jaybeee, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Jaybeee
      Wishful

Jaybeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety?
      Sorry, me again! Still very early days for me so still trying to come to terms and struggling.

Yesterday my t was barely audible. I have noticed my good days seem to be when the weather is sunny. Does that make sense to anyone? Today, back to annoying noise and we have full cloud cover.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      Honestly, anything is possible with this monster called T.
      It is MOST certainly linked to mood and levels of stress.
      Most people I know feel better and more relaxed on a sunny day with the sun on their face or back.
      If its cold wet and dark you feel worse and more tense.
      This WILL make your T more or less noticeable.
      I think its probably that simple.
      The trick is trying to be relaxed when your ears and head are hissing or screaming.
      Its not easy to do naturally - breathing, meditation, sun, outdoors, light exercise.
      I hope you find some peace today @Jaybeee X

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jaybeee
      Wishful

Jaybeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety?
      @Kelvin thanks Kelvin. T is such a terrible thing to have. I am struggling to think this is now my life. My husband is being very supportive but he is such a laid back person I know he doesn't understand about anxiety and it's related issues. He is going away Saturday for 4 days and I am dreading being without him. I just don't know how I am going to be from one day to the next. And I dread bedtime as I don't know what I will be facing the day after. Early days I suppose. I have lost almost one stone in weight in such a short space of time.... my appetite has disappeared. Don't suppose that is helping me.

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      It is really really difficult.
      I consider myself lucky to not have suffered from Depression or Anxiety, although I know people who have and its awful.
      The uncertainty of T has sure given me an insight in to what anxiety feels like and it sucks.
      All the things you describe point to Anxiety which either made your T apparent or will be fuelling the little shit of a thing.
      Get some help with your Anxiety and try and learn some relaxation techniques.
      I know its not a quick fix but it does work if your can persevere.
      Failing that get loaded on Vodka...and at least enjoy a few hours off.:cool:
      Currently listening to some nice ambient tracks from Marconi Union - Google it and chill to 'Weightless'

Peace and Calm @JayBee.

5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Weather can affect, you in a few ways. It can increase allergies, it can (for some increase depression), it can stress you out. All of those elements can affect your tinnitus. I don't notice much, because my tinnitus is already at a max volume in both ears.......

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Jaybeee,
      The cold weather and wind can spike tinnitus and also times of the year for allergies etc ......lots of love glynis

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jaybeee
      Wishful

Jaybeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety?
      @glynis thanks Glynis. I have seen a lot of your posts and am interested in your take on amitryptyline. I took mirtazapine for one night and freaked out because my T was worse the next day. Turns out my T is varying every day anyhow (best days being when it is sunny!). But I know I need to do something for my anxiety levels. I'm not panicking as I was but I know it's there because I am struggling to eat anything. I have lost almost a stone in weight in 3'weeks.

8. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Amirtyptaline at a low dose can help anxiety,help you sleep and can help reduce tinnitus and at a therapeutic dose will lift depression.
      Its cousin Nortryptaline helps anxiety,helps sleep and can reduce tinnitus and at a therapeutic level lift depression.
      Nortryptaline I think is the better option as its more tollerated with less side effects and effects less problematic starting them and coming down off them.
      I have taken amitryptaline many years for a back problem and when came off them 12 years later gave me depression as my brain was use to them.
      I now take a low dose Nortryptaline 50mg and sleeping well,head tinnitus has gone and my deep drone sound and took the edge off my high pitch ringing .....
      Only side effect I had was a little sleepy for a few days but not enough to stop me from doing anything but better as I got to sleep.
      Started on 20mg 5 days later 30mg then week later 50mg.
      Amitryptaline is slightly stronger so the dose for sleep would be 20-30mg or 50mg...Nortryptaline 30-50mg......lots of love glynis

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jaybeee
      Wishful

Jaybeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety?
      @glynis Glynis, that sounds like a divine drug! I think I will check with my gp when I see her Monday. Thank you for your help xx

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Cold weather affects mine, but it's ok, its just temporarily. So yes, I'm pretty sure weather affects Tinnitus, but nothing to worry about.

The best for you,
      Johnny.

11. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I think weather is the only thing that doesnt effect T.

12. MJv
      No Mood

MJv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know
      My experience is that my t gets louder when it's hot or very windy.
      What is your experience with this?

13. joker1994
      Wishful

joker1994 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck damage
      mine dose that too

14. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Same here !
      Love glynis

15. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      There's often no rhyme or reason to tinnitus. It's randomness is what makes it so unpredictable. Your correlation to the weather is likely a coincidence, or it could be in some way related to your mood/hormones. Who knows?

I'm aware that these are old posts now, but you definitely seemed to be coping better. How are you feeling nowadays?