Anyone Heard from Pete Townsend?

Discussion in 'Support' started by I who love music, Dec 28, 2013.

1. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Peter Townsend (The Who) was practicing with the band in the 90's for a Tommy tour.

I remember reading of how they put him in a big plastic box to prevent further ear damage.

He also said he really hated the idea of playing live in a box.

He solved the live box problem by having his side of the stage "Quiet" as he described it.

As everyone knows, the Who are going strong and he's certainly not in a box.

He works with top doctors as his hearing loss is great and his tinnitus is BAD.

I only occasionally read anything about him - it's been a long time since I've read a rock music magazine.

Has anyone heard from Pete lately?? It sure would be interesting to know how he does it.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      Pete Townshed reminds me of Paul Gilbert. Paul Gilbert has pretty bad hearing loss and tinnitus. He wears earmuffs when playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      • Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      @carlover
      Thank you for that. I was surprised to hear Pete say he doesn't have it bad anymore considering how bad he supposedly had it. Happy but wish I knew what he did to help himself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello Michael B, well without listening to it all again I'm sure he mentioned homeopathy helped him.

Good Luck

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      That's basically what he said he did and would recommend is getting a good homeopathic doctor. Which from what I understand is a good doctor who practices non conventional medicine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      he is a beautiful human being. a true bad ass. if he can make music like this with horrible tinnitus then we all have hope. a fuckin bomb went off right in his ear like a war vet because his drummer keith moon was a complete dumbass.

Pete Townshend - Let My Love Open The Door

8. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      yup serious badass like a super badass. a double amputee running a marathon
      Paul Gilbert - Scarified

this shit makes me want to cry. im crying. I am weak. I was getting real good at guitar and fried my ears.

9. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I fried my ears too but hindsight is 20/20.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      There seems to be a hell of a lot of people that get better, I wonder why doctors tell you that you have to live with it. How can they make these statements as if it’s some kind of fact.

How many people have left the doctors office, gone home and put a bullet in their head when in fact maybe in a year they would have their lives back.

I keep hearing people talk about how it was bad, and now it’s less severe, maybe even gone. These doctors should have their licenses taken away. I’m sure this guy was told by his GP that nothing could be done, yet here he is feeling better after seeking other treatment.

Even the comments here about how he has severe tinnitus and he’s a badass or whatever. He said in the video he doesn’t have it badly anymore, why do people want to ignore that.

I mean the comments are fine and everything, nothing against the posters, but I think a lot of the tinnitus community seems to be missing this one message, and that message is that things can heal over time, especially if you give the body ideal circumstances.

I mean I could call Pete a liar, and go on and ignore all the other similar stories about people getting better after many years, but I think I will chose to believe him, gives guys like me hope.

Sorry if I come off as rude here. No disrespect to anyone.

• Like Like x 1
    11. advocate21

advocate21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I reckon 99 out of 100 heal or get better from tinnitus in a year or two after it first starts. You weren't rude...

• Agree Agree x 1