Anyone Heard From Pete Townsend?

Discussion in 'Support' started by I who love music, Dec 28, 2013.

tinnitus forum
    1. I who love music

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Peter Townsend (The Who) was practicing with the band in the 90's for a Tommy tour. I remember reading of how they put him in a big plastic box to prevent further ear damage. He also said he really hated the idea of playing live in a box. He solved the live box problem by having his side of the stage "Quiet" as he described it. As everyone knows, the Who are going strong and he's certainly not in a box. He works with top doctors as his hearing loss is great and his tinnitus is BAD. I only occaisionally read anything about him - it's been a long time since I've read a rock music magazine. Has anyone heard from Pete lately?? It sure would be interesting to know how he does it.
    2. NeoM

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Pete Townshed reminds me of Paul Gilbert. Paul Gilbert has pretty bad hearing loss and tinnitus. He wears earmuffs when playing.