Architecture / House Building / Van Conversions / Tiny Homes / Sustainable Design

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by makeyourownluck, Aug 21, 2022.

1. makeyourownluck
      Magical

makeyourownluck Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Ok, I’m hoping there are a few more geeks like me lurking around the forum. This is just a place to post interesting projects and design ideas.

So I’m particularly interested in the built environment, and more specifically sustainable design.

I follow a channel called Fair Companies which has a lot of great videos. It follows the tiny house movement and other related topics.

Here’s a few projects I find interesting.

3-Story Container Townhouse Shines in Street Art Vibrant Alley

Couple Makes Garage Home + Campervan a Consistent Life Combo

Family Lives in the Arctic Circle by Building Cob House in a Solar Geodesic Dome

This Innovative, Monolithic House Is Made Almost Entirely Out of Cork

• Winner Winner x 4
    2. Steph1710
      Old hag

Steph1710 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      I’m obsessed with tiny, and sustainable homes. I live in a van which I converted with my partner. I’m an architectural historian (though I currently work in object conservation), so architecture is my thing - ya get me! :cool: Also, don’t let the ‘historian’ in my title fool you. I am obsessed with architecture, both old and new.

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    3. ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      Dope. Gothic architecture turns me on. Those pointed arches are so orgasmic.

But if we’re talking modern day interior design, then I really like micro apartments/flats atm. I like how compact everything is while still having all of the amenities that you'd expect to find in a traditional studio apartment — think kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and general living space. It’s all squeezed into a tiny footprint (about 200 to 400 square feet), but a lot of it is disguised so well that the apartment feels more spacious. Efficient design and affordable too.

071B0FB8-2661-4861-AA87-9FD12330E6DC.gif

F0EDC0B4-A0CD-4C13-92A6-FCAC92D92554.gif

CBB209FA-1A5A-43C6-8FE9-6C2C6E8FAC1F.gif

0BD3FB86-0BBB-47AC-8638-5ED1513D13F1.gif

Looking forward to reading your links sometime this week, @makeyourownluck. But I gotta be honest with you, at first glance, the 3-story cargo townhouse looks way too tacky for me lol. I’ll look at this more in depth. See what the deal is there.

• Like Like x 5
      • Agree Agree x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Forgot to put alerts on this thread.

Interested to see the van if you can be bothered posting some pictures @Steph1710. I have an old T4, it’s skinned and insulated internally, with flooring and new windows. Also found an Ikea sofa bed which fits perfectly in the back. That’s as far as I got before tinnitus set in.

Actually trying to decide what to do with it now. I’ve not been able to drive it since onset. It’s so loud on the motorways. Kept it for a year thinking I’ll eventually be able to use it, but it looks unlikely. What type of van do you have?

I thought you might be into architecture given the type of work you’re in. Actually, some of your posts encouraged me to apply for a job. Conservation seem like a good job for those with tinnitus. Generally quiet.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. Steph1710
      Old hag

Steph1710 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Yes! I will post some photos. I need to tidy it up first. It’s a bit messy. I have photo of the bathroom - I’ll attach it to this post. :)
      Ahh! I love the old T4s. I much prefer them to the newer version. I would have liked one in orange. I think it’s such a cool colour on them. As for finding a bed that fits - damn, that’s lucky! I had to build mine. Actually, I think I have a picture of the bed build... I’ll attach that too.

I was quite lucky. I finished the conversion way before my onset. Though I had to do some modifications. Earplugs and over the ear protection is the norm when doing anything on the van now. (y) Sorry you didn’t get to finish yours and be able to enjoy it before you ended up in the ‘unlucky club’. :(
      Oh my van is LOUD even when I’m not driving on the motorways. That thing rattles. The van is an old Ford transit 1999 - often referred to as a ‘smiley’ transit because the grill looks like a happy little face. It’s old, but it’s a work horse alright. The V reg transits have the banana engine in them, which means they just keep going and going. And, when something does go wrong, they are so simple to fix.
      Oh yes! I’m currently working in conservation (as you well know) BUT, by chance, I was offered some freelance work researching and writing up a historical analysis/report/building history for an old farmhouse worth 1.6 million. It hasn’t been listed, and therefore very little on the history, date, and previous owners of the property is virtually unknown.

It’s a beautiful building. From my knowledge I would guess the core to date from around the mid 16th century. It has a much later early 19th century extension, and many peculiar additions - which without close observation, I haven’t yet dated.
      Oh my goodness! Really!? Damn that’s brilliant! What have you applied for? So glad some of my rambling posts have encouraged someone to do something haha.

And yeah, it’s a very quiet job. Especially if you’re working in old buildings. Also, you have an excuse to tell people to be quiet because what you’re doing requires complete concentration. ;)

What is it you’re doing atm? And, have you heard anything else back from the interview - apart from them emailing to ask about your degree?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      A friend of mine has an apartment like that. It is like a white cube and you push on the "walls" and stuff opens... a bed here, a table there etc etc... that sort of design depresses me, unfortunately, but I reckon the virtues of making the most of a tiny space.

I am more into wooden houses like the ones in the Baltics... unfortunately we have nothing like that in Spain.

I also like how people have a mezzanine in their Budapest apartments where there is an extra room... in the same space (well, you need a high ceiling for that...)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yeah, I think scaling down the typical house is the way forward, we don’t really have an option since land is a finite resource and people have grown accustomed to living in densely populated areas. I think that is why there is lots of creativity in this space.

I’ve seen some pretty mental examples, but when done right these small apartments can be great.

Good:

6 rooms into 1: morphing apartment packs 1100 sq ft into 420

Crazy:

Apartment in-a-suitcase: tiny flat + 2 trunks of furniture
      So I think shipping containers are the dog’s bollocks. They are ridiculously strong, provide an instant structure, and can be stacked/welded together to form lovely dimensions and interior spaces.

Some of the features in the video above are loooovely. I love me an ‘unsupported’ staircase. The guy’s a bit showy, and the exterior is boak, but I just think the interior is done nicely, and balcony is cool af. If I ever make my own home, containers will be involved, although I think it would be more like this one.

Also, reusing massive amounts of steel can never be a bad thing. It’s already made, we should use it. People talk about modular homes. Shipping containers are the ultimate in modular construction.

Artist builds his Savannah studio with shipping containers

• Like Like x 2
    8. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I'd rather say that people have been forced to live in densely populated areas, no matter if they like it or not...

It would be feasible to create business areas outside the very pricey urban sphere... but that's not what real estate developers want. They want to sell their tiny city apartments for crazy sums... the same way a wine producer wants a relative scarcity and high prices per bottle, instead of a larger production and lower margins...

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What about renting out your van? There’s gotta be some happy campers out there that’ll be interested. Make some cash on side (assuming maintenance won’t be too much of a hassle to deal with).

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Steph1710, looking forward to seeing the pictures of the van. I was waiting to reply to you on a computer but it’s been hectic the past few days. I’ve switched phones since last year and couldn’t find any build photos, but managed to find one of our last trip a week before tinnitus onset. Such a shame, I thought we would have had many more trips by now. Anyway here it is, not a great picture but you get the general idea, it was finally liveable, not permanent living, but good for holidays. Daughter loved it too, sitting up the front.

3AFEDA8D-E121-467B-A2CA-4C14D18E5C4F.jpeg

Creepy faces I know, but with all this facial recognition stuff I try keep my little ones face offline until she’s old enough to decide for herself. Anyway... sounds like you have a similar thought process. I got the 2.4D version for the exact same reason, no turbo and you can fix near enough anything yourself. But, if I was to buy another van I’d make sure I could stand up in it. After a week my back was toast.

Freelance work sounds great, my end goal is always to be self employed, working as little as I can for as much as I can. When you can select projects you’re actually interested in. That’s the dream.

So the job is basically offering technical advice on conservation projects. It’s mostly remote which is ideal, with the occasional meeting/site visit (I am actually more concerned with the meetings than the site visits). I doubt power tools will be used. I actually got the job but it’s a conditional offer. I just submitted a pre-employment health questionnaire. I am classified disabled so naturally I’m worried about it. I’ve been honest so we shall see. Fingers crossed they can make reasonable adjustments.

I was studying before but paused my studies when tinnitus hit. This is me trying to return to life, I’m so unbelievably bored. I need something to do.

Oh forgot to say, the bathroom looks great @Steph1710. Are you living in the van permanently? I like a good camping trip but I don’t know if I could live in a van permanently. Especially if I was sharing lol.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don’t know about this, maybe in the beginning. For instance, the industrial revolution in Scotland force a lot of people into Glasgow because that was the only place you could get work. But now, even remote workers still choose the city over smaller towns. They have simply got used to the amenities.

Why would companies make houses in areas where there is little demand for it? Yeah sure, it may be feasible to build, but it doesn’t really make much sense. The demand for city apartments is high and this informs the supply. The same way the availability of inner city land will drive up property prices. It’s a vicious circle.

If people want to live in the sticks they can, it may be difficult, but it’s doable. So I don’t think it’s fair to say people are forced to buy city apartments. It’s a choice. With remote working, relatively cheap access to secondhand materials, and affordable methods of creating green energy, people could pretty much live anywhere. But living off grid takes effort, and most people like having a Lidl across the road.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Its a bit of a rough diamond, only a select few see her beauty lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    13. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So, I admit my grasp in architecture is pretty limited, so I’m relying on your knowledge and input here. After watching some of these shipping container videos and reading about them a bit, I’m starting to see what you mean. The engineering is next level. What’s pretty cool is that you can built the containers somewhere else (prefab?) as you said and then ship them and drop them into place. You can get creative with stacking them too.

I read that insulation could be a potential problem. Like where should you insulate? Outside or inside? If you frame and insulate it on the inside, you will lose some space?

It’s pretty ambitious and artsy anyways. You’ve almost convinced me.

14. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      In Spain for instance we have Zaragoza, which is a medium sized, affordable city right on the way from Madrid to Barcelona, and now connected by low-cost high speed train.

It is entirely feasible to build entire neighbourhoods and even cities around that hub from scratch and provide housing at really low prices, plus jobs, and amenities, since amenities just come with population density.. so why doesn't any developer do that?

They want to keep prices high, they do not want to build houses even having a decent margin. They just want to rip off people.

I am fortunate enough to own property, but I really don't know how young people can enter a real estate market where there is a huge bubble that grew on money printing, ultralow interest rates, and pure market manipulation.

• Like Like x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yeah, prefab, then just drop in place. Containers are not only cheap and sustainable, but they also reduce construction time, which reduces labour costs, plant overheads, etc. This is all framed around the idea of larger scale construction.

If you think about the idea of small scale tiny homes, these things really come into their own. A used shipping container 40ft can be bought for less than £4000. If you do all the works yourself, then you could reasonably make your own home for under £15,000. This home can then be transported if you moved, it also gets around building codes as it is technically movable. All you need is land, and if the family grows? Just get another one and extend. For me its a no brainer.
      Yes, insulate the interior and you will lose space, but the size of the container does not determine the room dimensions, side panels can be removed/added. The majority of its strength is in the frame.

sustainability-12-00108-g001-550.jpg

In any case, I plan on moving to a warmer country where I spend most of my time outside (the *dream* rears its head again). For me I just need somewhere to cook and sleep. People live in smaller spaces quite successfully, take @Steph1710 and her partner for example. With the way things are just now, I doubt I'll ever be able to afford a traditional home and I want to eliminate the financial burden of rent for my daughter. I sometimes think of all the rent I've paid, and it pisses me off, I could have built a house for that. We have to do something to level the playing field and I think turning containers, busses, vans, etc into liveable 'houses' can play a big part in that.
      Uncontainable: The Future of Shipping Container Construction

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well it's obvious, they can't make as much money. But that's just human nature. If I make/sell a thing, I want to make the most amount of money from it as I can. But nobody is forced to buy it.

I do totally agree that these things are feasible but it is just poor business. That is why we have to start thinking of ways to level up. I read a lot about communities of people who chip in together to buy land and then set up shop there. Help each other build homes etc. I think we will start seeing more of this if things carry on the way they are.
      Yeah, but a bust always follows the boom. I have a few friends who have just bought houses and I think they are crazy. To me it feels like buying the top. I definitely wouldn't be buying anything in the current market, even if I could afford it. But I'm anti big real estate anyway, and would rather buy land and build, restore an old ruin, etc. That's more my speed.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    17. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      They are very likely buying at the top of the market. It's risky to buy properties now. There is a global bubble, it is expensive pretty much anywhere, which makes no sense at all...

• Agree Agree x 2
    18. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I get that the containers can be bought for cheap and DIY will lower costs, but isn’t it the land cost and not the house cost that’s the more unaffordable part here? Buying land can be expensive to trade into and out of if I recalled. If I were to build one of these container homes, it would have to be on land already owned. Maybe you could put it on land owned by your parents or a relative who’s okay with it.
      This right here is why I’m likely to be on board with shipping containers in the end. They could play an integral role in alleviating climate change. Anything that can reduce environmental impact is good and we should honestly see more government subsidies for these kinds of projects. I also think it could be extremely compatible with the clean technology industry that has been rapidly growing in the past decade. The idea of building sustainable eco friendly tiny homes that are also powered by alternate and renewable energy sources (wind, solar, hydro) might be an actual solution in reducing carbon emissions and other greenhouse gases in the atmosphere significantly. The technologies and construction are all there and I’m always down to reduce my carbon footprint. The problem though, is how do we transition into all this. Beats me...

I’ve also learned containers are being used for emergency housing. Ukrainian refugees are being housed in communities built with shipping containers. It’s pretty great actually.
      I think for the long term though, you really have to evaluate what is important and what WILL be important to you in the future. You have to have a core framework of goals you wish to achieve by downsizing. If you're looking at it as an investment property like how most houses are, I think you are already off on the wrong foot with shipping containers and tiny homes. Now if you are just looking for something that is architecturally stimulating and also manages to align with your socioeconomic principles (living modestly, minimalism, sustainability, etc), then I think they’re really great.

Oh boy, I had no idea shipping container homes were even a thing until this thread. YouTube algorithms are recommending me shipping container homes and tiny home videos all the time now! I’m slowing getting addicted lol. Nearly convinced!

• Like Like x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sorry for the delay @ZFire, my little one just started school, and she is settling in beautifully, not that you asked, but yes, I'm happy to say she loves school! Anyway, her school is on the other side of town (schools in my area don't perform well) and I've been adjusting to the new routine, which has done wonders for my sleep and helping me cope better with my tinnitus!
      Yes, it would be. Obviously you choose land within your budget, I doubt my mum would let me camp out in the back garden lol. I've been looking at semi-rural plots with ruins that could eventually be renovated. These are mostly in Spain or Portugal and are extremely cheap. I don't know how things are in America, but I couldn't afford land here in the UK.
      I hear ya! But eventually it has to change. More and more people are realising that they will never be able to afford 'normal' homes, eventually it will get to a point where the demand is just not there anymore. I also think new companies such as the one I linked above will eventually start getting larger contracts because of the reduced price and construction time, and effectively force other companies to be more competitive and adopt new methods.
      It depends what you mean by investment. If I place a functional and aesthetically pleasing structure on an otherwise unused piece of land it will add a substantial amount of value. Sure, it won't be as much as the typical home, but it will be something, there's profit in it for sure. A shipping container's panels in good condition can last about 50 years, but the frame can last more than 100, and the land is yours. My investment would be more about having something I can give my kid. If I could remove the largest financial stressor in her life, while also not selling my soul working 9-5 till I'm dead, then it's a sound investment.

Anyway, If I bought land I'd probably have a mashup of building typologies going on. I really want to restore a ruin, make a timber framed house, cob house, one out of shipping containers. I'd just chip away at it, but I think for quickness the containers would come first. As you say though, it's about finding the right bit of land, in the right place, for a good price...

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    20. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So here’s the plan. We’ll round up a bunch of Tinnitus Talk members here, pool our money together, and find a quiet place to buy land. We’ll then have the ever-brilliant, @makeyourownluck as our head architect and with her expertise, we’ll build homes for each of us using shipping containers since they’re cost effective (and also because the head architect can’t stop talking about them!). We’ll have a serene community in no time. A true safe space for our ears.

I’m down with this, but my container home has to be next to yours though or else I’m out.
      I see what you mean now. I was a bit unsure on whether shipping container homes typically retain their value after many years. But you’re making great points here about traditional homes becoming unaffordable for most people as time goes on and how shipping containers would be able to fill that void for future homebuyers. These structures being highly durable and stable are also a pretty good indicator that these homes can maintain a very high resale value for many years. It’s a practical and realistic way to go about it. Respect.

Also respect what it is that you’re trying to do for your daughter too. Badass mum you are.
      It sounds like you’ve been thinking about this for a while now lol. Sounds dope.

I’m guessing your partner is on board with most of this too? Like finding land somewhere in Spain or Portugal, restoring ruins, and having that mashup of building typologies, etc? You’re going to need as much support as you can get I’d imagine.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    21. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      @makeyourownluck, you're probably familiar with this episode of UK's Grand Designs. I happened to catch it when it was first broadcast on TV (this was also the first time I'd ever heard of converting shipping containeres into living space).

Project was obviously much more straightforward by virtue of the the fact he located it on his family farm. Still quite an impressive build though.

Grand Designs | A shipping container...

• Like Like x 4
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      LOL, this actually made me cringe a little aha!
      Those would be the days!
      I wouldn't have it any other way.
      I think all parents feel the same, it's just whether or not they manage to achieve it. I hope I can.
      Yes, he is one of the main instigators. We've been together so long now that all our dreams are wrapped up in each other. I was very supportive of him leaving earlier this year, but it seems the grass is not always greener. I do worry that my health is such a heavy burden for him though... but that's for another thread!
      Hoping that in 5 years I will be in much better shape... a girl's got to dream!

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You have managed to do something that I though was impossible... give me a new Grand Designs episode to watch!

Very nice indeed, swanky. I think mine would be a more humble affair. This show just how lovely these homes can be and even at £130k, it’s cheap for the quality of house achieved.

• Like Like x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Earthships! These things are the ultimate in off grid living. Water harvesting, reuse of grey water, and an area for food production. These homes are made from earth as you would expect given the name and capitalise on thermal mass, solar energy and temperature differentials for natural ventilation.

Beautiful features too, I particularly like the curved bottle walls. Having walls made of Earth allows for such lovely shapes.

4CA9AA91-DDC9-4F46-90CE-FA2101EF6954.jpeg

128B60AA-ED65-4B57-A510-AC8463FB2BDA.jpeg

5BD4E0B6-61F2-4890-9900-5E0BFC6604B8.jpeg

69226551-9D9C-424B-BD24-E0D6EE089F74.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    25. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Travis Henry Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 Moderna Vac, Noise and stress I guess, its killing me
      If only I had kept on my dream and got to woods, I woulda avoided all this bullshit.

20221020_131838.jpg

20221020_140325.jpg

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Good to see a post from you. You’ve not been about recently. Nice bus. Thirsty though. Cost a fair bit to run but very luxurious space wise.

What was the plan? Live in it? Holidays?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    27. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      Have you taken a look at yurts for year round living?

28. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anyone want to move in with me to the woods and live happily ever after? A-Frames seem pretty cool, but the upper floors are less spacious due to its design.

5C246865-CF46-4397-BEEA-B4EF163DF3B3.jpeg

CC7C4EC3-F91A-4F0B-B9A6-74C0141BD670.jpeg

379A2D49-03D1-40A9-92E6-260A5D842771.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
      • Creative Creative x 1
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sorry, I missed this!

Yes, I have a group of friends who share a bit of land and live in yurts, however, they have a central hut that they all share for a kitchen/living area and in the winter they tend to sleep in there, as the yurts get a bit dirty/damp in the depths of winter (the land gets boggy as they are at the foot of a hill.)

Can’t beat sleeping in a yurt during the summer months though, something nice about being in a curved space. Bell tents are also lovely.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @ZFire, officially moving in! This is like my dream house. Wow, is this the cabin you are staying in? I thought you were camping in a tent! I’m so jealous, it’s not even funny lol.

Love how the bookcase has been incorporated into the stairs.

• Friendly Friendly x 2