Are There Any Inspirational Bible Verses That Have Helped You with Tinnitus or Depression?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Robert18, Jul 26, 2018.

1. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Hey we're right about something.

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robert18

Robert18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october 10, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      machine noise in factory, headphone, stressed
      " Blessed are those who have not seen and believed in God "

...If you read this verses please put it in your heart not in your mind.
      thanks... Good luck to everyone

• Like Like x 3
    3. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      "Even though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
      Your rod and your staff, they comfort me." -- Psalm 23

When we suffer endless ringing 24/7, our Lord is leading our way forward.
      So brothers and sisters of T, please hang in there.
      We will follow Him and hoping a cure of medicine or surgery will be available soon.

• Like Like x 4
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Philippians 4:13
      I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Bless all that suffer!

• Like Like x 4
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robert18

Robert18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october 10, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      machine noise in factory, headphone, stressed
      Matthew 21:22

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in your prayer "

• Like Like x 1
    6. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      So if you're a fellow believer then why are you arguing with me about being altruistic and helping poor people? Haven't you ever read the Book of Acts?
      Acts ch 4:
      32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

That is straight up Christic-Communism, which is not to be confused with Marxism, which has manifested itself quite poorly.

And also don't forget about Lazarus and the rich man.

That's why men that that want millions of dollars are unfit to lord over us. They are blind. They don't understand the simple truth of life let alone the mysteries of God. If they truly loved their fellow man/woman then they would be scrambling to help them in any way they could. You could feed a lot of starving children with a $54,000,000 /yr salary.

• Like Like x 1
    7. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      My answer to the question is "no", unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    9. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      So well said!!!!

I am Christian and I have T. I can’t seperate the 2 and sometimes it’s nice to talk to people that both suffer from T and are Christian.

Support groups are for supporting each other and that can take many forms. During my IOP you have multiple different religions and beliefs but each person respected each other and supported each other. It was not a place to talk about your personal issues with anyone’s beliefs.

You need to shelve your personal beliefs to support other sometimes because it’s not about YOU , it’s about the person needing support.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      I used to have a book called The X Rated Bible, with all the sexual stuff listed, with commentaries.

• Like Like x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    11. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I won't comment about religion in this thread, for the reasons I listed in my earlier post here.
      Those are the people who brought prosperity to everyone else, so...
      That's what they've been doing - the only way to earn money (without breaking the law, and when there is competition) is to do something good for other people. This means that what they earn measures their contribution.
      That salary measures this person's contribution to society. It sounds like that person had already contributed more than you and I will contribute in our lifetimes, so give them a break.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      Ecclesiastes 4:2-3

I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive. But better than both is the one who has never been born, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    13. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      My religion is Buddhism so I don't know any scriptures from the Bible...but lighting incense for prayer has really brought me much joy in my life. Ever since I was a kid I was involved in the temples here, just the daily prayers and the community work has really enriched my life and to some extent...instilled various forms of discipline that helped me overcome my T. Ashing my fingertips is still one of the traditions that moves me.

Many of my friends are devout Christians, many who've traveled to various countries and have done so much work in other places, risking their lives and their own health for others. Christianity has done a lot for society and the world is a better place for it. Many of my friends are also Buddhists (though more in mentality than in practice). Some things that Buddhism has helped me learn:

1. The Earth is 4.5 billion years old, yet we only get to live for the tiniest fraction of that. There is so much beauty in life, compounded by so much ugliness...yet both are essential for our existence. Even watching a river passing by and seeing those glittery ripples in the water moves me and makes me realize that there is beauty in the simplest of things.

2. Instead of asking for a life without suffering and fear, ask to understand why so that we may fear less. The greatest things in life are forged in the circumstances of unfortunate events.

3. Always have faith, no matter what things will always get better.

4. Give back to others the kindness and sacrifices that were given to you, understand your role in life, and strive to perfect it. This way hopefully you won't be reborn a beetle =P

5. This is actually a Christian quote but i like it very much: "never cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces." I love this quote haha!

• Like Like x 3
    14. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Things don't Always get better. Things don't get better for Everyone...
      So do I.

• Agree Agree x 3
    15. coffee_girl
      Innocent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      If youre the type of person who will find every reason to resist looking on the negative side of life than yes things will always be awful for you. No matter how bad the circumstances, you always have the ability to choose. Everyone dies, not everyone gets to live.

16. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It is important to never lie to oneself, and to always be as realistic in assessing one's prospects as one can.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    17. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      To say that awful things happen to negative people puts the blame on them, and not on the general shittiness of this world. But in reality, anyone can be dealt with a bad hand. I've seen really awful things happen to good, positive people. This forum alone is the perfect example. A mix of positive/negative people are here, but welp, we all have ear issues. The nicest ones have the most severe cases, I noticed.

Danny Boy was one of those good folks, and always positive and helpful, yet he passed without finding relief.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 3
    18. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Hey another person from a buddhist background here. Neato

19. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Reality is everything.
      We have to accept it - it is the truth.
      Self deception is a sign of insanity.
      Determining what the reality actually is can be quite difficult.
      Continuously studying any ‘holy’ book amounts to self-indoctrination. Not recommended.
      All indictrination is quite simply - bad.

For the Tinnitus sufferer the reality is that
      ‘we’ve got it.’
      We have to accept it.
      Once we have accepted it, we can try to look for alleviations, soothers, ways of living with it.

FA4F6598-3645-45EA-8E35-9E8CB0E5FD8D.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
    20. coffee_girl
      Innocent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      I thought his T was cured (according to him)? I didn't know him so I couldn't judge, but I read one of his threads where he said his T was gone...then one of his other threads where he was taking some experimental drug that helped him.

What I meant by my statement is that bad things happen everywhere and to everyone, but self deprecation has a price and we must be ok with forgiving ourselves and the circumstances that we are in. I'm not saying to go tell a starving refugee to "get over it", i'm saying eventually we have all have to make the choice to over come...or risk losing our sanity to the endless cycle of self hate. This is Buddhism; balance; in all things there is a fraction of good...we must find it within the worst of circumstances and use it as a way to overcome whatever negative situation we are in.

21. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I have not studied Buddhism - but understand it promotes love and kindness;
      and best of all, you do not have to commit to worshipping some totally unknowable god, as in Christianity.
      God has never spoken to anyone, unless they have a great imagination, and great fear.
      Nobody can possibly ‘know’ whether a god exists.
      They can ‘believe’ in faith if they want to, but that does not make his existence an objective reality.
      Just my views.
      Trying to use the brain god gave me......(Ooops).

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Hate to toot my own horn but Buddhism is absolutely the best major religion. Christianity isn't bad imo, it's the western equivalent of us after all. I just don't think it's as wise or as good.

23. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      What gets me about Christianity is that nobody can ‘know’ god.
      I prayed in pain, endlessly, as an infant, as a child.
      Did my mother ever come for me? No.
      Did god ever come for me? No.

So I don’t know him - but even though knowing him is not possible, presumably I am expected
      to worship him ?
      So how does that work ???

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      That's one big problem. Because he doesn't exist people can't "know" him. In Buddhism that's definitely a bummer, but gods aren't too important to it. Christianity falls apart without a god.

• Like Like x 1
    25. coffee_girl
      Innocent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      It is...kinda, there is no God in Buddhism which is why Buddhism is for everyone whether you are an atheist or a Christian! I used to be atheist but the older i got the more i realize that i am actually agnostic :). Buddhism is about balance, you can't completely rule out anything, kindness is good but don't be too much of anything. Love yourself but don't grow egotistical. Love but don't be blind to deception. Just my opinion =)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    26. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      As nobody can possibly know of the existence or otherwise, of god, agnosticism is the only sane position to have.

All decent people believe in love and kindness.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    27. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      B4531565-4C02-4869-ACE5-6FB5BAC10094.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
    28. coffee_girl
      Innocent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Yeah, i used to think...hey i was technically dead for 4.5 billion years (maybe longer), but on one day here I am...for only a tiny microscopic moment in time i get to experience the chirping of the birds outside my window, or the feeling of the winds against my face or having the sun warm my skin...i get to read all the books i want, i can listen to music by whomever i want, i can sew a new dress in whatever color i choose, this sure beats whatever previous reincarnated life i had (i think)!

• Like Like x 1
    29. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Romans 5:3-5

3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

• Like Like x 2
    30. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There is no need to judge which religion is better here.
      We are all T sufferers and we all need the divine spiritual power
      to sustain us through it ...

• Agree Agree x 1