Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Research News' started by attheedgeofscience, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/neramexane-for-tinnitus.1334/#post-10926

Neramexane failed at phase 3?

2. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      The first company to create relief or cure gets the billion dollar prize. Its that simple.

3. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      And that will be Autifony. I do hope they fast-track within the UK, if the results are promising.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. papu
      Chatty

papu Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      how fast do they go from phase 3 to market in England danny?? Is their another example of a drug that went trough fast track??

5. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
    6. David Ho

David Ho Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Hi all,

I bring very bad news unfortunately. I got a call on Friday from the hospital where I was scheduled for the eligibility test in early November, saying that the QUIET-1 trial is stopping. I was told the researchers started analyzing the results and found no evidence the drug is working.
      I'm sorry I don't have more information but I was in between flights and the call left me completely stunned. I'll try to gather more info on Monday.
      Like everyone, I somehow hope this is just a bad dream or Autifony has something else up their sleeve, but I can assure you the call was very real.

@Markku

7. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Was it the Bristol site?

8. David Ho

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cambridge

9. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Okay.

We've heard a similar report from Bristol. It hasn't been substantiated yet though.

When you look at this:
      https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02315508?term=autifony&rank=1

Check "Locations".

It says "Active, not recruiting" for Bristol and Cambridge both, as well as Bradford.

Other locations say "Recruiting".

It is possible that it is just these three sites that are affected, but the rest are continuing the trial as per normal.

We will learn more soon.

People, don't panic yet.

10. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      And this was my only hope. Devestating news, just devestating!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      @David Ho ask the hospital for the official written statement and see what they send out. I'm not questioning the phone call, it's just that until there is something in writing I don't believe it can be properly reported. For all we know it could have been a clerical error in the communications.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. David Ho

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Yes I'll e-mail them tomorrow to ask if/when official information is to be released.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    13. randomuser

randomuser Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      :(:cry::arghh::sorry::borg::bag: depressed by this news if its true..................

• Hug Hug x 2
    15. Eltel

Eltel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/14
      The hospital I spoke to about the trial said when I asked " with what you know so far will there be a Phase 3 " the reply was yes

16. PhilB

PhilB Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Is it standard practice for a Phase 2 clinical trial to be abandoned mid-way through due to initial findings showing no indication of success? I don't know the answer to this question, maybe someone else will know.

I would have thought that once a clinical trial has started, it will normally proceed through to completion and publication of results. Unless there were problems with the testing methodology, inability to recruit sufficient numbers of eligible participants or concerns about the integrity of the test data, I'd be surprised if they decided to abandon the Phase 2 trial at this stage.

Is there a possibility that the people at Cambridge who contacted @David Ho were merely saying that the Cambridge site is no longer involved in the trial, rather than saying that the whole trial is being abandoned?

• Agree Agree x 3
    17. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
      any one speak english very well can contact them to this numbre
      upload_2015-10-11_15-23-25.png

18. David Ho

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      They said the study was being stopped because researchers found the drug wasn't working when analyzing the available data.
      Nothing in the conversation indicated this was a site-specific decision but I could (and indeed hope) be wrong.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    19. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      The clinical trials record was last updated on September 28 and does not indicate that the trial is over. I've looked at the clinicaltrials.gov page a number of times, and I seem to recall some or all of those three sites always saying "Active, not recruiting". I don't know if that means that they achieved their quota of participants (if there is such a thing) early and do not need any more participants or if they are behind and just not recruiting. Does anyone know of anyone who participated at one of those locations?

As I understand it, trials are stopped early for 2 reasons: 1) adverse events due to the trial drug, or 2) large positive benefits such that it is unethical to continue to give some patients the placebo. It would seem out of the ordinary to stop data collection based on preliminary data analysis.

• Agree Agree x 3
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      I became aware of the development yesterday evening via another source. I have sent a mail to the CEO, Mr. Charles Large, today asking if he would be kind to comment on the information.

attheedgeofscience
      11/OCT/2015.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
      • Like Like x 3
    21. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Ateos,

Agreed, let's hear it from the horses mouth, before pushing the panic button.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    22. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Agree, I can't see how it would have stopped early so I imagine there is a different explanation here. But until we hear it from Autifony its all speculation, very easy indeed for things to be communicated wrongly and rumours to spiral out of control.

• Agree Agree x 2
    23. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Yes agreed but I just read online that trials can be stopped early due to ''futility'' reasons..but it does seem odd though yes....best lets not speculate but wait.....

24. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      So now people will say i told u so(if autifony fails),they can be happy?

so nothing, fake Am-101 it is. And now it autifony if it falls we are on the zero again

i am shocked no medicine for us, just may some help maybe maybe with am 101, and nothing for us who have tinnitus, and am 101 is very questionable, but we will see if they get to market at all... i hope they help at least something to SOMEONE if not me at least someone if it can.

A very gray day, a sad day, and blood moon is rising.

• Agree Agree x 3
    25. Lloyd Carter
      Wishful

Lloyd Carter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Trauma
      Remember: These pharma companies just began trying out new drugs in the past five years. IF we lose Aut, it will be a loss. But guess what? We're just in the beginning of a new age on T research. We finally know where to target (the brain, more specifically, quite possibly the potassium channels). Yeah, it will take time. But we're not alone. People are living with neurodegenerative disorders. People are living with chronic pain (100 million in America, to be exact... even more than T!). All we can do is do our best to enjoy the ride.

My favorite quote from Shawshank Redemption: "Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Regardless of what happens with Aut. Never lose hope.

• Like Like x 6
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    26. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Why dont we wait till tomorrow and then we can find out exactly what is going on which is probably nothing and the trial continues......we cant find out anything on a sunday or weekend.....and I am shocked that a company would give out such highly confidential info to a person on the phone......not saying the phone call or content didnt happen but could just be nonsense from an un clued up hospital staff person....just wait till tomorrow to find out without all this useless speculation...............wonder what it was that markuu and ATEOS heard then? curious.....

• Good Question Good Question x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    27. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      :cry::cry::cry:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    28. vasil

vasil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      This.
      And if it doesnt work, its better to cancel it now, than lets say 2017. But we better wait till the company respond officially.

29. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      You cant just cancel a double blind trial before all the data has been collated unless they have screwed up their double blind trials OR someone had a very nasty side effect potentially dangerous to life and health from the drug.......they have not had the full quota of trial people yet which is why the trial time was extended to the end of this year......why would they extend and then give up nearly at the end.....does not make any sense at all........stop speculating and lets find out tomorrow Monday what is what

• Agree Agree x 4
    30. markoana

markoana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      • Creative Creative x 1