Back to Silence

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by I who love music, Dec 7, 2014.

1. JuliaFB

JuliaFB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
      Wow - I have literally just joined this forum, and this is the most helpful advice I have ever read about tinnitus. I'm going to start this method today.

I work as a psychologist and have faith that it will work as we use similar techniques with other persistent and distressing symptoms.

Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. Phil-O

Phil-O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Takes time but keep going, when it starts to work try not to then listen out for the tinnitus. Best wishes Phil

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I don't visit this site much anymore. My 40 year old miserable tinnitus is totally under control. Is it loud? OH YA. Do I hear it? Nope, only when I listen for it. Very high pitched in the right ear, a little lower in the left, with swirly sounds and low hum, and crackling once in a while. Now I don't even care about loud power tools and music doesn't spike me. But I will never attend another loud concert again. I think you only get so many.

I know, hard to believe. My tinnitus will never be cured, the tiny hair cells were blasted away decades ago thanks to loud music.
      I changed my responses and it changed my life. I did the method 100% correctly. No slacking off, no shortcuts, no "in combination with.." no doubts this would be my last chance for relief. I wanted relief in the worst way so I stuck to it.

It's very hard to change your way of thinking and do it over and over week after week month after month. But I wanted it and I got it.

Good luck, friends.

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. IAmCalifornia
      Wishful

IAmCalifornia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      this year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i wish i knew
      You’re a treasure

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    5. MrsRuhe

MrsRuhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16 days ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not known
      Thank you for this. It has served to present an option when I have felt hopeless. I’ve had sudden tinnitus for the past month and I am distressed every day. What makes it worse is all the snake oil options out there...only thing worse? The “nothing works, why try” folks...

This seems logical but I have a question for you or anyone who would like to advise...My left ear rings constantly and consistently. How to implement this practice when it is so consistent?

• Like Like x 1
    6. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      April /1996
      @MrsRuhe

If your tinnitus has changed over the passed month and it is causing you distress, then you should make an appointment at ENT and get this looked at.

Michael

• Like Like x 1
    7. Trusty Mutsi
      Relaxed

Trusty Mutsi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      THIS. I've tried too many times to get this cured only to find I wasted my money on people who really don't care. Unfortunately, it makes you so jaded that you don't want to try something that might actually help, like the method featured on this thread.

8. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, possibly medication
      Agree, but at least the method on this thread is less suspicious in that it costs zero money.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Trusty Mutsi
      Relaxed

Trusty Mutsi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      True.

10. Contrast

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      injury from noxious noise
    11. Earing
      No Mood

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      I would like to use this technique, but I am not sure how. I have no real emotion towards my tinnitus. So when I find myself hearing it and I ask myself how I feel, I feel nothing. Am I not getting something?

12. Henry Orlando FL
      Balanced

Henry Orlando FL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sound via earbuds from a digital device.
      Interesting situation. Many if not most people report negative emotions in hearing their tinnitus at least some of the time. Particularly when they first get tinnitus.

Could it be that you really don't mind hearing your tinnitus? When I hear my tinnitus these days sometimes I feel "calm" and sometimes I feel "anxious". I do still hear my tinnitus most days several times a day and usually, I am feeling anxious when I do hear it but not always. Like now as I write I hear it and I feel calm. Seems unlikely you are clam about tinnitus some of the time given you want to use this method so you don't hear it. Could it be you are not in touch with your emotions like a lot of people?

Well here is a good article online about how to get in touch with emotions: https://www.bergencounselingcenter.com/articles/how-to-get-in-touch-with-your-emotions/ and you could Google more articles on getting in touch with feelings. Hope this is helpful.