Books That May Help Dealing With Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sven, Jun 19, 2013.

tinnitus forum
    1. Sven
      Procrastinating

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I've noticed that there are a few of us here from Sweden, and today I came across this book on the internet. It was released in 2013 and the writers are very experienced in treating and researching T.

Has anyone here read or read about it?

http://www.adlibris.com/se/product.aspx?isbn=9127132161

Btw, just searching the word "Tinnitus" in any online bookstore reveals plenty of titles. Perhaps this thread can be used for books that help.

I might as well buy it. My local library has it, but it's loaned out and one reservation before me. So little time right now, though. Meanwhile, I'll get in in line. Just have to find my library card. ;)

2. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      I was looking for some feed back on books that have helped people habituate to T.
      Anybody out there that has read a book that was helpful please let me / us know.
      Thanx

3. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Hey @Carlos1 , this is not really a book but i do read a lot of things by a man called Shawn Achor. He deals with positive psychology. He talks about it in a business context but you can shape it to work for your specific situation. I hope its helpful.

TEDxBloomington - Shawn Achor - "The...

4. Blair14
      Tired

Blair14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Coping with Chronic Illness by H.Norman Wright and Lynn Ellis, can applied to T as well, currently reading and can relate to the content.

• Like Like x 1