BPC-157 Peptide for Treating Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Lulu187, Jun 4, 2020.

1. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'm not spreading any misinformation. I said MAYBE this could work. I am not a doctor and nobody should take medical advice from me. The purpose of this part of the forum is to discuss unproven treatments and that's what I'm doing.

Plus, my issue might originate from the middle ear anyway, the pain part at least. It is probably dumb, yes. I do not understand the science well enough, I'm just making comparisons to things that have worked.

EDIT:

Active Transport of Peptides Across the Intact Human Tympanic Membrane

The eye-drop drug would probably be a much lower dose than would potentially work but it looks like it could be beneficial based on this study. Obviously, intratympanic is better but those procedures are not available and will not be available for many years.

Peptides actively transported across the tympanic membrane: Functional and structural properties

In your defense, the researchers were surprised it worked too. One of them was much better than the others. It even got into the inner ear but not a lot of it.

I was trying to compare the chemistry of BPC-157 or TB-500 to the peptide in the study that was most successful but my chemistry is a little rusty.

Do we have any scientists here? I'm going to ask the researchers from this study.

• Like Like x 2
    2. Óscar PP
      Psychedelic

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Coronavirus
      I disagree on this one. Many people get tinnitus after a small dose of ear drops, no matter their nature.

So it's perfectly possible that ANYTHING you put into your ears, has an effect on tinnitus, not necessarily good though.

3. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Yes, BPC-157 has made people's tinnitus better, WORSE and it has had no effect. It has also just changed the sound for some people without changing the volume. Very similar to a lot of other things out there. The risk profile on this is definitely higher than a lot of other things.

I'm hoping it will help my neck pain issue and then that might help my tinnitus some like it did for the other person in this thread. Also maybe it will help my TTTS.

• Like Like x 1
    4. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I received my capsules of BPC-157 and TB-500 today. I started off with taking one capsule to see how it is. I haven't noticed any effects a few hours after taking it but not expecting anything yet. A normal dose is 2 capsules.

I also have a powder blend of BPC-157 and TB-500 which I will use for some ear drops and subQ injections once I get some BAC water.

• Like Like x 6
    5. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Two weeks into taking 2 of the BPC-157 and TB-500 pills every day and no effect on my tinnitus really. I done a few subQ injections and twice eardrops into ear but no change yet. I did think one day my tinnitus noise had changed, but just slightly.

Going to do more subQ injections now, more eardrops and finish off all the capsules. My mood is definitely better and it also dulls the effect of coffee.

The pain in my ear is a lot better. It was getting better on its own anyway so it's hard to say if the BPC-157 and TB-500 helped. It feels like they did help the pain though just because it improved as I was taking it but it's impossible to say for sure of course.

• Informative Informative x 2
    6. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Update: In total I administered 10 mg of BPC-157 and 10 mg of TB-500 subcutaneously. I also took about the same amount in oral capsules. My tinnitus is still the same now. I don't think it changed anything at all. It could have made it a small bit better but my tinnitus varies day to day massively anyway so I can't tell. The pain in my ear was definitely getting better while on it but it gets better normally over time too.

Now on to Epithalon next, then Pinealon, P21, Semax. I don't think any of these will do much honestly but should be safe enough to try them out.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Once I stopped taking BPC-157 and TB-500 together, I got really bad pain in my ear again. I don't think I was exposed to any loud noise unless it was caused by driving with earmuffs on. The TB-500 is a really strong anti-inflammatory and the two peptides potentiate each other. If it comes to it, I might just go back to taking it and I'll take it indefinitely if I have to, even if injecting myself every day is a nuisance.

I now started on a small course of Epithalon and it helps sleep immensely. Only taking 20 mg in total, then I have 20 mg of Pinealon to try.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. Wadeaus
      No Mood

Wadeaus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Did you notice any benefits from BPC-157 outside of tinnitus?

Next week, I’m going to start a 2 week course of Selank for anxiety. After that, I’m planning on doing a sort of wellness stack. Consisting of BPC-157, CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin. Along with a bunch of nootropics.

My primary reason for doing this isn’t tinnitus but I have a little hope it might help.

Other peptides I’ll being trying down the track will be Semax, Cerebrolysin and Dihexa.

9. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      My mood was definitely better while taking BPC-157 so that indirectly made my tinnitus better. I really think it helped the pain in my ear too but it was probably more the TB-500 even though they do potentiate each other.

Try Semax for anxiety, it's meant to be stronger than Selank. I'm going to start some soon.

I finished 20 mg of Epithalon and it only made me sleep amazingly well, probably some other effects that I don't notice but tinnitus is all the same.

CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin are on my list too. Maybe IGH as well.

I have P21 which is supposed to just be a stronger version of Cerebrolysin. I will try it soon enough.

I would just outright avoid Dihexa. Do some research about how it has a very high chance of growing cancer cells rapidly. It's only really recommended if it has a very clear benefit, say from TBI or stroke because it's just way too risky otherwise.

The other one I want to try is ARA-290 but that's just strictly for nerve pain. Trying to get hold of a cheap Chinese source.

I'm not feeling too hopeful about any of these making tinnitus better but it's worth a shot at least and there are other benefits.

• Like Like x 1
    10. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      So I found out a lot of the pain in my ear is being caused by irritation from using foam earplugs too much and they take weeks to heal or are always irritated. I think my experiment above just healed that issue quickly since that's what those peptides are really for.

Just ordered some more again because I need to fix my ear canal before getting custom earplugs.

• Like Like x 1
    11. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'm taking a high dose of BPC-157 and TB-500 to try and heal my ear canal quickly. Taking 1.2 mg of each twice daily for just two days. Just took the third dose today. I got it from UK Peptides who are reported to only give half doses so it very could well be underdosed, I think it did look like there was filler.

Anyway, my tinnitus tone does seem lower pitch for sure. A lot lower. I still hear my tinnitus the same, just way lower pitch. This dose isn't sustainable long term as it's too expensive and makes me kinda sleepy.

Some people do take BPC-157 every day for years without any bad side effects. There are reports of very high doses in human trials too with no bad side effects.

• Informative Informative x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Travis Henry Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 Moderna Vac, Noise and stress I guess, its killing me
      How are you getting the BPC-157 into your body again exactly?

13. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I inject it subcutaneously in my thigh. Sometimes it's a little sore if you don't get it right but usually it's just a little pinch.

My tinnitus tone is back to normal again and it didn't even heal my ear canal.

I don't know how my ear canal can be irritated for so long.

14. Wadeaus
      No Mood

Wadeaus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I’ve almost finished the Selank. I had to take a two-day break after the first six days. It seems to make me rather lethargic after 5-7 days of use. It seemed to work fairly well for anxiety and stress. I would say I felt better on it mood wise, quite noticeably during the 2nd cycle. No change to my tinnitus.

I’ve ordered CJC-1295/Ipamorelin & BPC-157. So that’s next, then I will look at Semax after that.

Thanks for the heads-up about Dihexa. I’ve had a cancerous tumour before, so I don’t really want to go there again.

I’m undecided about Cerebrolysin. I’m not too keen about IM injections. I can get Cerebrolysin tablets but I’m not sure how effective it is orally. And they’re not cheap either.

15. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I got P21 instead for this reason. You can take it subcutaneously and it's supposed to work the same as Cerebrolysin. I'm also going to try Semax soon but it will only be a short trial. The small injections are not something I want to do forever.

16. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      BPC-157 is really the only thing I would not do again if I had perfect knowledge. Like others have said, it seemed to permanently mess with my visual snow a bit, making it more of an every day impediment. It was very marked, literally an increase in visual snow in a stepwise fashion each period I tried it. I just want to note this for others. I haven't used it in over a year but the effects persist (increased palinopsia and other visual snow symptoms). The long-term effect on my tinnitus was minimal if any.

17. Michael_

Michael_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Why do you think they are related? Your initial posts seemed to be optimistic.

Do you feel the same about TB-500?

Thank you.

18. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      In general, people don't report as many weird side effects from TB-500 compared to BPC-157.

Other odd side effects that some people suffer from BPC-157 are anhedonia and it also stops many types of medications and drugs from working. These don't happen to everyone and usually passes, but they stay for some.

I used both BPC-157 and TB-500 several times and never had any bad side effects. Zero effect on my tinnitus though and I would only use them again to heal quickly from some type of muscle injury since that's what they're best for.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    19. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      BPC-157 acts on many receptors in the brain and my visual snow became worse as soon as I used it. I didn’t experience anything negative from TB-500.

20. Curadh
      Depressed

Curadh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Depot injection
      I second what @SmallRonnie says. I tried BPC-157 and TB-500 individually for a time, and then together for a time. I found both, especially the BPC-157, made my tinnitus louder.

However, I should add my tinnitus tends to get louder in response to most substances introduced, whether they be simple like coffee, or complex like a drug reaction.