BPC-157 Peptide for Treating Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Lulu187, Jun 4, 2020.

1. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I was over supplementing when I moved to Chicago in my 20s and was told my mild seasonal depression symptoms in the winter were "probably" just low Vitamin D.

I had borderline high 25 hydroxy-vitamin D and toxic levels of the more active 1,25 hydroxy-vitamin D. My only symptom (since it wasn't extreme) was bilateral rotator cuff stiffness/tendonitis that gradually improved when I stopped.

2. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      I’m on day 5 subcutaneous, so far no effect on the tinnitus. No ill effects either. I plan to continue for about a month. Also going to incorporate thymosin beta 4 which has shown promising results for MS, under the assumption this is a neuropathy thing.

Also have a laundry list of other peptides to try, though so far have only purchased the two mentioned above. I think cerebrolysin, dihexa, selank, and others are all interesting in theory.

3. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Am on day 8 and have moved into a super quiet hotel to try to allow my ears a chance to heal. Continuing with 250mcg 2x / day, planning to go for 60 days. So far my tinnitus has been up and down - no discernible difference from pre-peptide, but will keep updating.

Edit: Also doing 5mg / week TB-500.

4. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Day 13 of BPC-157 and TB-500. Today I was able to sleep in as tinnitus is much more of a hiss than a clear tone. Right now I have no constant eeeeeeeee, just some occasionally breaking through, and the majority is more the sound of a pffffffff, or a more muted hiss. I don’t know if this will continue or if it is the peptides making a difference, but will keep updating. I intend to run this protocol for 6 weeks total. 250 mcg BPC-157 2x per day, 2.5 mg TB-500 every 3-4 days. Overall I am on day 73 post trauma.

• Like Like x 2
    5. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      Interesting, I was going to ask you for an update. This sounds encouraging. The next few days should give us more information. I am thinking about this too but subcutaneously, like you, not intranasally as I am concerned by side effects, especially on vision as I already have light visual snow. I need to source the peptide and then the machinery to make it into injectable liquid. Has it been very laborious? Keep us posted please.

EDIT Is TB-500 also known to help with tinnitus anecdotally or are you taking it for other reasons?

6. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      As far as I know you just buy the peptide, some bacteriostatic water, dilute the peptide with water, and then based on that math inject your desired amount each day. I do the dilution and injection with an insulin needle.

Edit: TB-500 is not known for tinnitus but has some good data for MS/nerve damage and is often paired with BPC-157, so I decided to use them in conjunction. I got most of my info from /r/peptides.

7. Chinmoku

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks. Still concerned with what Greg Sacramento said above and with FGG's experience but I'm beyond desperate.

8. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There is certainly some risk involved. I would try to source from somewhere reputable - I am not sure for the UK. A lot of people on here mentioned sourcing from places that just order off of Alibaba from Chinese labs, who don't test for purity, and act basically as a middleman.

9. Chinmoku

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Good point, we have uk-peptides dot com that seems quite reputable from what I read. I'll look into that.

10. drevny
      Balanced

drevny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I took BPC-157 peptide (injections) in summer 2019 (for tissue healing), tinnitus without change (I have very mild one) but it seems that this peptide strongly messes with dopamine/serotonin system and now, a year later I have (one year and still going) strong anhedonia and personality changes (missing drive, energy, interest in things and feelings) - taking this peptide was one of my worst decisions of my life. This substance is not well researched so we do not known how it is working and what the side effects are (if I remember correctly all of research papers are from one person/laboratory and tested only on animals).

Please, take this as a warning. Better to be safe than sorry.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    11. SoundB0und
      Balanced

SoundB0und Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      Sorry to hear about what BPC-157 caused you, @drevny.

I've always tried to stress, when I can, that I believe one needs to do a lot of research and carefully weigh the cost and mostly dangers of a treatment against it's possible healing abilities. BPC-157 was not worth the risk for me, it might be for some others, but my case is not nearly so severe that I'd want to take the risk.

When I heard it messes strongly with the dopamine and serotonin systems I was instantly put off. I skimmed through BPC-157's Facebook some time ago, what you describe, @drevny, had happened to another guy there and he claimed to know 6 other people who got anhedonia from it.

Also there were other people claiming side effects on the Facebook page. @FGG on this forum got worsening of visual snow. I think this is for the really brave ones, or for people who don't have much to lose and are on the brink of ending it.

12. Chinmoku

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      These are bad cases, and sorry it has not helped but has made things worse. Anecdotal evidence is mixed. I already have anhedonia due to severe tinnitus but I agree one has to be careful with dopamine, it can go both ways.

@GBB, how are you doing? Fingers crossed for you.

13. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Okay, if I have to sum up my takeaways so far, which are only based on my personal thoughts/experiences, during the period I was on this peptide, my tinnitus baseline dropped from an always present, very piercing EEEEEEEE, to a much more diluted tone. It is not necessarily less in volume, but it is less of a piercing, visceral feeling if that makes sense. I no longer really have an EEEEEEEEE unless I do something very noisy causing a spike - this was not the case before I started on the peptide. I also had visual snow before starting this - that has remained unaffected - not better or worse. I also had back pain before starting this - that is also the same - not better or worse.

I should note that at the same time I injected subcutaneously, I underwent a few Konftec treatments both at 650nm and 808nm, so that is also a possible contributor. I spaced these out as they cause me to spike MASSIVELY which is extremely unpleasant, and I also kept them short, 10 min, but they were in the mix, just to be fully transparent. I did 3 of these, during which I immediately had a bunch of crazy noises going off in my ears - I am not sure if it healed me at all - but I definitely responded to it - I'm sure the laser does something, just not sure what (not a criticism of it just speaking based on my experience).

Additionally, I daily take chelated magnesium, fish oil, lion's mane, bioflavonoids, turmeric, astaxanthin + zeaxanthin, nicotinamide riboside, a multivitamin, and CoQ10. I was taking ginkgo and NAC but after careful testing I'm confident both of these cause my tinnitus to spike. I tried the Tebonin German Ginkgo Biloba and it brought my tinnitus back to a level I haven't experienced in weeks and cost me a night of sleep.

That all being said, my tinnitus is still here, and my hearing still has a bunch of distortion/reactivity. Once the constant EEEEEEEE was eliminated, I could focus a bit more on what lay underneath - many normal noises distort for me, and the diluted EEEEEE tone, which is sort of closer to static now, is still very audible - I can clearly hear it while watching TV for example, and it is still extremely discomforting to me. I also still have pain hyperacusis, though it has been less noticeable lately - not sure why - but it seems to be triggered less from typing on my keyboard which used to be a surefire way to get my ears to ache. Maybe the BPC has helped with that - I know BPC-157 is supposed to aid in nerve repair/regeneration.

I can say for sure on my side that nothing got worse. I am depressed but that is because of my symptoms - it was true before and it is still true now.

Lastly I think @paul mclean also did BPC-157 and experienced a volume reduction, but our conversation in the Hough Ear Institute thread was removed as I guess it was off-topic. Just thought I'd mention in case his is another case of positive results, though I will let him speak for himself.

• Informative Informative x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    14. Chinmoku

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for the update @GBB.

@paul mclean, did the peptide work for you? Could you tell us more?

15. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just to update. I've now cycled BPC-157 for 2-3 weeks 3 times over the last 8 months. It does actually produce a reliable effect, but it's not a target effect. Whenever I take this, my tinnitus goes from tonal to this really rapid tss tss tss sound that is almost wholly atonal - this begins a few days after administration and lasts some time after getting off. I'm grateful that it seems to have taken my initial highest pitch tinnitus and transitioned it to low or atonal 95% of the time, as a lasting effect, however these are their own hell. The atonal is rapid and erratic staccato, and the low tonal has sort of a head vibration effect. I guess they are still better than high pitched barely discernible but piercing tinnitus however.

Either way this did not reliably reduce the *volume* of my tinnitus during any cycle, which is my white whale.

• Informative Informative x 4
    16. Aaron91
      Gloomy

Aaron91 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/headphones/concerts - Hyperacusis from motorbike
      Would you be able to confidently say whether this has helped your hyperacusis at all? Or is it hard to distinguish whether any benefit has been from other supplements?

17. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think if anything helped my hyperacusis, it was Keppra. I rarely get physical sensations now though I do still have a lot of reactivity - only mentioning the reactivity because it is sometimes said to be a hyperacusis sub-type.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Aaron91
      Gloomy

Aaron91 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/headphones/concerts - Hyperacusis from motorbike
      I'm guessing you were taking it orally? People seem to suggest that it's best you inject it close to the site of injury. Personally speaking, I'm not brave enough to inject it near my ears.

19. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was injecting it subcutaneously at 250 (can't remember if it's mili or micro grams) 2x per day. This was in the stomach - there is contention as to whether it has a systemic or local effect but systemic seems to be the consensus, hence stomach should be okay. A third route is to do a nasal spray, but that seems to carry risk of adverse side effects.

20. danielthor

danielthor Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Screenshot 2021-12-24 at 1.40.52.png

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    21. Mediashock

Mediashock Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bp loud music
      Hey, I’ve been on BPC 157 and impomorelin/cjc peptide for about a month now. I didn’t take it for tinnitus but i did notice that my ringing in my ears has gone down a bit. It’s noticeable for me for sure.

I’m 40, and my plan is to continue on impamorelin for 6 months (off on weekends) and then cycle BPC every few months. I just ordered thymosin alpha 1 as well and I’m planning on doing a short treatment every quarter for a year. Thymosin a1 will balance your natural immune system but also it takes care of mutated/old cells apparently, which helps to clean up the body from senescence cells. This all should help generally with creating new healthy cells in the body, essentially reversing aging… including cells responsible for hearing.

I’m not a doctor, I don’t advise anyone to do what I’m doing. This are just my own experiments because in my small town the doctors are complacent, and really just do what they were told 20 years ago in school.
      Anyways, the early results seem promising.

• Like Like x 5
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    22. IntotheBlue03

IntotheBlue03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cervical/TBD
      Hey Daniel, are you still doing this protocol and is it still yielding results?

23. danielthor

danielthor Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It’s not my report, just a screenshot :D

• Informative Informative x 1
    24. Warchop
      Alienated

Warchop Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      So... I have been waking up for the past 15 years with neck pain, and I have a low amount of TMJ (popping of the jaw). I have been on BPC-157/TB-500 for a while, mainly for joints. My neck pain is usually due to strain, and it's always on the left side (where my tinnitus is greatest).

I injected last night, woke up with zero neck pain, and my tinnitus was significantly reduced.

• Like Like x 4
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    25. Cher2

Cher2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I’m curious to ask if there was something different about the recent injection (you said you’ve been on the 2 peptides for awhile)?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    26. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'd love to hear from someone else who tried this method. This is by far one of the best results I've seen from all the countless things people have tried. All the side effects are worrying but maybe there aren't as many side effects if you just squirt in the ear?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    27. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      That's great to hear! Has your use of BPC-157 yielded more good results since?

Where did you inject it? What dose? How often?

I have heard from several others also having great success with this. I sometimes have a bad pain in my neck which is related to stress. Maybe this would work really well for me. My main issue is pain hyperacusis though. And still have very bad tinnitus at the same time.

I read about a guy who had amazing results just squirting a little BPC-157 into his ear. I heard others say injections close to the problem area is better. I'm going to order some of this right now.

• Like Like x 1
    28. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Warchop -- That's great news! I'm wondering if you might have an update for us. Also, what BPC-157 product did you use, and where did you get it? -- Thanks!
      Hi @SmallRonnie -- Do you know where you're going to order yours from? -- Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    29. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I didn't choose a place that time. I need to research it more because some of these places could be selling dodgy product. Plus you need to mix the powder with BAC water and then you need syringes too. There's some Peptides UK website I was maybe going to order from.

I'll get back to you if I end up ordering it! I'm slightly worried about side effects and was maybe thinking I should just go get stem cells first, then try this if I still want something more. Not sure.

There have been a good few cases of people having big reduction in tinnitus volume from BPC-157. But some people have got more visual snow or say their mood is bad a long time after, while others say they have a better mood. It is probably worth a shot though if you're in a very bad way.

EDIT:

I think I'm going to order from Peptide Sciences. They seem to be well recommended. The capsules I linked to will be nice since you don't need to inject but maybe not as effective. I want to get some powder too and mix it with BAC and just squirt it into my ear. Sounds like it could work.

They recommend buying the BAC here.. Sounds legit. I think I might just try this. There have been a good few reports of people having improvements in tinnitus, or at least changes in their tinnitus for the better. Most people don't report any side effects but a few do.

Time to be the guinea pig!

TB-500 is often used with BPC-500 as they are supposed to have a synergistic effect.

TB-500 is actually more researched than BPC-157. I didn't read it all but spotted one trial where they used eye drops to treat some type of nerve issue. This makes me very curious about using ear drops. If it's shown to be safe to use in the eye, then it's probably safe in the ear too but it was a very small sample size.

I'm getting the oral one first but ordering powder too. I guess I can test it on my arm at first to see if it reacts OK.

This is the company who completed Phase 3 for the eye drop for dry eye syndrome. Apparently it is very similar to TB-500, or it is the same thing I'm not sure.

If this eye drop hits the market soon, then maybe we can use it as an ear drop. That would be amazing if it worked. It's completed 4 Phase 3 trials in the US already with statistically significant improvement so surely it will be on the market very soon.

• Like Like x 1
    30. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      It truly would be amazing, because it would defy biology. Please read up on ear and eye anatomy. The tympanic membrane will make sure your ear drops will not have any effect. The outer layer of the tympanic membrane is a stratum corneum that is structurally similar to that in the skin, and is also impermeable to most molecules.

Eye on the other hand is totally different and eye drops can also reach important places. Most of the topical drug in a conventional-sized drop is absorbed into the blood system across the conjunctiva or in the naso-lacrimal duct or digestive system, and thence it can penetrate the ocular tissues of both eyes. The penetration is controlled by the blood retinal barrier.

It would be good if you stopped spreading misinformation and false hope, to be honest...

But I hope this experiment will make you feel better, regardless. Good luck :)

• Informative Informative x 1