BPC-157 Peptide for Treating Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Lulu187, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Lulu187

Lulu187 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 week ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey guys, so because my tinnitus has just got 100% worse than usual recently, I'm looking for something, anything to lower the new pitch.

I've read that people are using BPC-157 Peptide for their tinnitus and that it has reduced the ringing.

I haven't seen it mentioned on Tinnitus Talk yet and wondering if anybody has heard of it.

Thanks.

2. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I tried this and it gave me migraine and subsequently it made my visual snow a lot worse. Didn't help my ears at all. I wouldn't recommend it unless I'm just an outlier.

• Hug Hug x 2
    3. aot
      Depressed

aot Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise induced, worsened due to noise exposur + flu
      How's your VS now? Any better?

4. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      There are times when I think it might be slightly better (or I'm getting better at reading with it) but it's still really bad :(.

• Hug Hug x 7
    5. lcj

lcj Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      medication
      Hi Lulu,

I used BPC-157 subcutaneously and intranasally for a period of about 2 months, with a two week pause and had no adverse reaction to it. I can't say whether it calmed my tinnitus (it might have but not to any large degree), but I did feel happier on it and it had a noticeable effect on my mood and energy levels.

As with any compound your results may be very different than my results. From what I've seen, subcutaneous injection has less potential side effects than the intranasal injection at least in terms of starting out.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Did you already have visual snow before using it? Did your spike in visual snow from this ever return to baseline? Or was it permanently worsened from using this peptide?

7. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Yes. So far permanent worsening.

• Hug Hug x 6
    8. humptydumpty69
      Cowabunga

humptydumpty69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      For what it's worth, here is a link to a tool which will help you to locate physicians who utilize and administer a range of peptides, often including BPC-157:

https://peptidesociety.org/find-a-clinic/

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    9. LilSass
      Loved

LilSass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely ototoxic medication
      Hi @Icj! I noticed your t is from medication - I believe that mine is as well (acute migraine meds). Did you see any improvement since the onset? Mine has been the same for the past 8 months, it is intermittent with quiet days, loud days and somewhere in between. I would compare it to a a cricket-like sound. Have you been able to habituate? I'm having a bit of a difficult time atm. Finally seeing an audiologist on Thursday. Thanks for your insight!
      Sarah

10. PauloZ
      Alienated

PauloZ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015, got much worse in 09/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure, both times.
    11. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      Supposedly some people on Reddit have had success. The original Reddit post has been removed, although the discussion in the comments remained.

From the discussion:

"BPC 157 modulates serotonergic and dopaminergic systems, beneficially affects various behavioral disturbances that otherwise appeared due to specifically (over)stimulated/damaged neurotransmitters systems. Besides, BPC 157 has neuroprotective effects: protects somatosensory neurons; peripheral nerve regeneration appearent after transection; after traumatic brain injury counteracts the otherwise progressing course, in rat spinal cord compression with tail paralysis, axonal and neuronal necrosis, demyelination, cyst formation and rescues tail function in both short-terms and long-terms; after NSAIDs or insulin overdose or cuprizone encephalopathies were attenuated along with GI, liver and vascular injuries.

Conclusion BPC 157, a gastric peptide, may serve as remedy in various CNS-disorders."

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think I will try this. I have noise induced from 6 weeks ago which is driving me insane.

13. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I ordered it. Will let you know how it goes for me.

• Like Like x 4
    14. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      Let us know how it goes. Evidence is anecdotal at best and @FGG's case above is worrying. I wonder if the administration route has an impact on side effects? @lcj says above that sub-cutaneous injection might have less side effects.

There is a research paper:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5333585/

That looks promising in general but not mentioning tinnitus (passages were posted above).

Side effects I found mentioned while researching this are all reasonable but we have a case of worsened visual snow from a very knowledgeable forum member above and this is not reassuring. I think this compound has not been studied enough.

It does seem to impact serotonin and dopamine. They say it has a calming effect but who knows? We know that when you touch these neurotransmitters anything can happen to tinnitus and - I imagine - visual snow.

I'm in desperate need for relief, I have been for too long, but this seems quite risky despite the generic reassurance on the web.

15. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It’s in my fridge along with bacteria static water. I spoke with two people who claim it took their EEEE down to very mild ringing or just a whooshing noise, but reading FGG’s experience I am leaving it there until I feel ready. I also ordered a Konftec laser which I know most likely won’t give great results, but my tinnitus is fairly debilitating to me so trying everything I can. If and when I do inject I’ll make an update.

16. Chinmoku

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Laser is worth a shot in the early phase.

May I ask you if you are thinking to inject or go intranasally with the peptide when you are ready? Here in the UK I have easy access to intranasal only but I'm not sure I can trust the provider.

17. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was going to inject it subcutaneously, even though it would be a more obtuse delivery mechanism. Intranasal is the medium via which I’ve heard more horror stories. I’m not a medical professional, that’s just my sense from reading different accounts.

18. Chinmoku

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My impression too, if I decide to try it I'll have some work to do.

19. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Chinmoku

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    21. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I started intranasal today. Too desperate to wait honestly... will also combine with subcutaneous once I reconstitute with bacteriostatic water. A different thread I read said it took at least a month to show results, will try updating in a month’s time.

22. Chinmoku

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for letting me know. How are you taking it intranasally? Did you take a different formulation?

23. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Chinmoku

For drug induced tinnitus, besides the information that I had sent you, including not to do forceful movements of jaw and neck, exposure to loud noise increases the expression of TNF-α and causes inflammatory responses in the cochlea. Lowering of salicylates is needed and has results. Increasing D3 by foods if low has results. Caution with all future medications is needed. About 30 involved studies discuss this. BPC-157 can cause vision problems in the white part of the eyes with hypertension factor tinnitus. There has been a few reports of NAC also capable of doing this. Don't overdose on Vitamin A.

Aberrant serotonin signaling has previously been implicated with hyperactivity in the DCN related to tinnitus. Tang identified that serotonin does not simply or globally increase activity in the DCN, but rather appears to suppress signaling through the auditory pathway while enhancing transmission through a multisensory pathway. This activation may have positive biological implications, such as integration of multisensory input for response to salient environmental events or negative implications, such as tinnitus and help explain modulation of tinnitus with head movement and changes in jaw position.

• Informative Informative x 1
    24. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sorry I ended up just going with subcutaneous. I’m doing about 350mcg/day, just started today.

25. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      Any noticeable change yet?

26. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No but it’s only been 3 days.

27. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Why does the D3 have to come from foods and not supplements?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    28. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      @Greg Sacramento usually has good advice but now he's plain wrong. It's much easier and just as effective to increase Vitamin D levels with supplements than food.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    29. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Lots of Love. What I said was "Increasing D3 by foods if low has results". Taking too much vitamin D can lead to toxic effects related to excessive calcium levels in the blood and urine, such as irregular heart rhythm, high blood pressure - pulsatile tinnitus, eventual calcification of blood vessels, cornea, kidney stones and soft tissues of the body. Magnesium needs to be taken with vitamin D as D lowers magnesium levels that protect the ears. Those with the above should get blood testing first before pill use. A doctor needs to responsibly consider medical history before advising.

• Like Like x 1
    30. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I had my Vitamin D tested yesterday. Waiting for the result.

How much is too much Vitamin D? What ratio of Magnesium and Vitamin D should be taken?