Chit Chat and All That...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jcb, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      @Wrfortiscue, maybe you should call the cleaning lady and her friends in sexual crime. Could be just what the doctor ordered.

• Funny Funny x 2
    2. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Only thing they will be cleaning up are Twinkie and cookie wrappers haha.

• Funny Funny x 2
    3. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      A year!?! Damnnnnn. No sex drive on his end? Low testosterone? I’ll tell you this... I understand now what they go through. Still, I want physical intimacy even with low libido. Depression can cause it too.

Your poor hand must be tired lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. Steph1710
      Old hag

Steph1710 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      You’re allowed to be proud, and I’m allowed to want to be something other than British. :)

5. ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      087511BA-FB0A-49F9-8637-A71F8FB88964.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      @ZFire, YES! This is such a contentious topic in the museum sector atm. People are torn on the subject of repatriation.

• Like Like x 2
    7. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Well, we are still living with his parents, and when we’re under their roof, we can’t have sex because it’s against their religion, and Rob won’t disobey them. It’s all very strange. I’ve tried, and now I’ve given up. We move back into the van soon. Then maybe things will pick up.
      Yup haha. Tbh, sex is overrated - it’s all about self love.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. aura

aura Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I miss your romantic stories, @Elmer B Fuddled! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    9. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Ah, makes sense now. Last thing you need are his parents watching and wondering why they don’t do that anymore haha. Rooting for you and Rob. Hopefully you guys break the van’s suspension lol.

10. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Fucking hope not! Just had two grands worth of welding! o_O:ROFL:

• Funny Funny x 3
    11. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Just gotten back home to find Rob got angry and punch the van, putting a dent in the door. I have literally just spent over a £1000 on it. What the actual fuck! I told him if he punches it again, I will castrate him lol.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    12. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Damn what the hell! I didn’t mean to break the van that way lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
    13. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      mood.PNG

mood2.PNG

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Yeah, I wanted him to bang me... not the flipping van! He’s got this all wrong lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    15. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      • Like Like x 4
    17. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      27C1092F-78E7-4CE3-A559-47A1B936BD9F.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    18. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Did you see this thread?

I'm repeating myself here, but I intend to observe posts on Tinnitus Talk over the next few years, with relation to EVs, as I had had high hopes for the higher standard of living they might provide to people with our condition.

I'd like to believe this was/will be an exceptional case.

• Informative Informative x 2
    19. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The World Cup is around the corner and the US is in the same group with England. You guys are going to give us an ass whopping of a lifetime, aren’t you?

20. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      There you go. On a serious note, I've never waved my own sense of partriotism and love for my own people in anybody's face. It's not something I go round 'feeling' every minute of the day either. But comments about how the British are ugly, the 'filthy' British Empire, and now, to be anything but British are becoming irksome.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    21. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Don’t be annoyed by other people’s opinions - it’s not worth it. Especially mine. ;)

If you must know, I don’t hate Britain - quite the opposite. I’m about to embark on a road trip to hit up some of our fantastic historical locations. We are an island shrouded in myth and legend.

I mean where else can you stand on a dramatic coastline, with a great castle looming behind you, and a cave directly below where supposedly a great wizard once lived. Only in Britain, and that’s the reason I built my entire career on studying our past.
      Our island’s history is very important to me, hence why I went to Stonehenge for Solstice. I wanted to see what our ancestors saw. I wanted to witness our pagan routes.

However, I have always wanted to know if I am anything but British. I have always been slightly jealous of people having mixed backgrounds because I find every culture so interesting and unique. It would be awesome to have many different roots.

And I’m sorry, but after travelling to many different countries in my lifetime, I can conclude that for me, the British aren’t blessed with the best of looks - myself included. You’re okay, because you got lucky in that department. And no, I’m not trying to “butter you up”, I’m genuinely serious. :)

I love this country, but like many, I am deeply disillusioned with the current political climate.. Just look at the state of our NHS - I bet Clement Attlee is turning in his grave, poor bloke!

Anyway, I’ve gotta carry on researching. I’ve undertaken some freelance work and currently trying to draw up a historical analysis on an old building which I believe to have been a dairy at some point, maybe 600 years ago.. phew!

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    22. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      @UKBloke, ok here's an update on fuel and mileage. I just filled the car. The fuel gauge was down to 3/4 mark. So it took 2.09 gallons to fill it back up, mileage on odometer 198 miles. That's about 50 miles to a gallon. But the car isn't totally broke in yet. Plus a lot of the driving is up hill with the petrol engine running. Still damn better than the Nissan.

• Like Like x 1
    23. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      You have nothing to worry about.

• Informative Informative x 2
    24. UKBloke
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cheers for the update, E. When I first saw the car I was thinking something like 50-60 to the gallon. But then there's also the charge in the battery, which I assume can kick in if the petrol tank empties? Any idea what the full range, petrol + charge, will be?

25. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      I have lots of truffles grow in my garden. Anyone else have them? These are summer truffles.

7B098470-3988-479C-A444-D787846E4048.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    26. ZFire
      Pacman

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time in my life, I’m seeing a last name that goes by the name of Southgate. Sounds like a name for a bridge.

Is he really the problem for England’s woes though? I often see coaches/managers get scapegoated for a team’s struggles, when it’s clear that the coach was far from the problem.

27. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Yeah, Gates, Bridges and Fields are all somewhat common suffixes/prefixes in last names of Anglo-Saxon origin.

Impressed at your understanding of this, as what you say is undoubtedly the case in modern European football.

Managers are frequently held responsible for teams underperforming or just not meeting unrealistic expectations set by club owners (especially in the EPL). But this phenomenon hasn't come about randomly; it basically stems from clubs' economical understanding that it would be financial suicide to replace a whole (or most of) a team. Far easier/cheaper to just placate fans by replacing a manager, who may (or may not) make impactful changes, via transfers and tactics, over time.

And even then, sacking/replacing managers isn't always a move of desperation by a club in trouble. It can, and has, been adopted as a successful tactic by some club owners; like Abramovich for example. Simply put, a Chelsea manager has lucked out if they make it more than two seasons in Abramovich's employ; because the club's recipe for success has essentially been a revolving door of managers (practically a new one every season) for the last ten years.

Personally, I dislike this tactic, and prefer a club like Burnley's approach (despite their recent relegation), where they invest in a manager and allow them to grow and become familiar with the team. But I accept it has it's benefits, as it frequently changes the formula of a team and keeps it's style of play from becoming familiarly predictable.
      All that said (above), in this case, yes, Southgate is the problem, and it is high-time he left.

He is a weak man, and subsequently a weak leader.

He is also a professional loser who is well known for choking when not choking really matters; hence the UEFA Euro 2020 Final, where he completely froze and made a series of utterly incomprehensible decisions (at the point he finally did).

So no, I have no respect for the man and I don't really care who his successor is, as long as they have a backbone, and crucially, put a stop to the BLM "taking the knee" nonsense at the start of every game; which has been a perfect example of Southgate's doormat approach to management.

Politics has no place in football, and it's very inclusion is divisive and destructive to the cohesion of a team (no matter what the British media say/have said about this being "the most united team ever").

At the end of the day, all this man should have on his mind, is how to win a game, not "educating" people around the world on (his views regarding) racism.

Like I said: weak man, weak leader. This year's tournament is going to be an embarrassment.

• Informative Informative x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    28. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Absolutely! Me too! I LOVE swimming but I hate just sitting on the beach unless I have music playing - and then I tend to be more dancing around on beach rather than sitting.

Also, when we meet, can we listen to Mister Bungle together please? :)

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    29. UKBloke
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So... here I am settling in for the night. Got the "Summer Night" masking setting loaded up and running on the Internet as well as the Lex Fridman podcast interview of Donald Hoffman discussing the fabric of reality. And for some reason all YouTube wants to promote is videos of hissing feral cats :dunno:

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 23.55.49.png

• Funny Funny x 6
    30. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      The Self Titled, Disco Volante, California, The Raging Wrath? Disco Volante is my favorite. I've listened to it more than silence in my life. Then Faith No More, Tomahawk, Fantomas, Dead Cross, Mondo Cane... Basically anything with Patton in it, although I might seem like a fan of him, it's just the coincidence of every project he is involved into, being an awesome piece of music. Even his collaborations with John Zorn.

I'm a die hard fan of jazz music too, not the dixieland or swing era but a more contemporary approach, always hating that "gynecologist office jazz", of course. And lately I'm very into NYC Salsa. I was a musician before tinnitus kicked in. I played saxophone (tenor and soprano), afrocuban percussion and bass.