Cordyceps for Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Ankie, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Ankie

Ankie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/28/2012
      Cordyceps on Amazon.com

I have noticed that the Cordyceps gives me the most benefit. It seems to help me with a better mindset when I have loud tinnitus, but it also seems to reduce the volume for me quite a bit. I notice quite a difference when I stop taking Cordyceps.

2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I ordered some from Amazon. @Ankie has good judgment, I think.

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I take Vitamin D3, B12, a multivitamin, COQ10, fish oil, magnesium, zinc, moringa oliefera, a systemic enzyme (Medizym; same formula as Wobenzym), and a natural sleep aid that contains melatonin and valerian root.

Ankie, thanks for the information about cordyceps. I had not thought of that for tinnitus!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ankie

Ankie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/28/2012
      Karen, if you read up on Cordyceps, it is a good all around supplement for health. It was given to me by my TCM practitioner for supporting my immune system. A nice side effect was that after a while of taking it, I noticed a distinct improvement in my hearing distortion/tinnitus attacks. I also catch less colds etc when taking it, so it seems to indeed help the immune system in my case.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Thanks, Ankie! I will read more about it. It sounds like a very good supplement. For awhile, when my tinnitus first started, I was taking reishi mushroom capsules, as suggested by my acupuncturist. They helped me to stay calm when I was at my worst. I may try the cordyceps now!

6. oatsey

oatsey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2011
    7. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I tried 3 grams a day of a real good quality Cordyceps for 3 months. Sadly no change.

• Useful Useful x 1
    8. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I've been taking Cordyceps for a while. Maybe it helps but I take so many things I don't know what exactly is helping.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Travis Henry Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 Moderna Vac, Noise and stress I guess, its killing me
      What all do you take? I am dying to have an improvement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I believe your issue is tinnitus and no ear pain?

I have some things that help with pain like Agmatine, PEA, Matrine, DLPA.

I have been taking maybe 50 things a day and my tinnitus is still the same but maybe some things make it worse too.

The owner of Nootropics Depot has tinnitus and has tried every single supplement and still has tinnitus so nothing will 100% cure it unless you are one of the rare people that will get a benefit from Vinpocetine/Ginkgo Biloba.

So, some things that help me are the things that improve my mood and that helps me not worry so much about my tinnitus and helps me focus on getting on with my life.

My morning stack is 4’-DMA-7,8-DHF (this one is the strongest and I think makes the biggest difference, very little research on it but I think it's amazing), Noopept, Polygala Tenuifolia, Alpha-GPC, Quercetin, DLPA, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, high dose (2-3 g) Taurine, L-Theanine, PEA, Matrine and ALCAR. Most of those are to help focus mentally but some are for pain and general health.

Some more for energy/mood boost are Sabroxy, TeaCrine, Dynamine, Rhodiola Rosea, NALT, Fish Oil (or Mr. Happy Stack) and NALT. I don't take all of these together but as needed.

I have lots of others just for general health, stuff like vitamins and minerals, but nothing serious.

At night or to help relax, I take Melatonin, Taurine, L-Theanine, Supercritical Coriander, Apigenin, Red Reishi, Magnolia Bark, Magnesium L-Threonate, Lemon Balm.

I buy all these from Nootropics Depot. My tinnitus is still just as bad as ever but a lot of the mood boost ones definitely help me habituate. They're like mild antidepressants without as many risks as benzos.

Time definitely has helped me, but once I started taking these, I did feel a lot better, although when I get a setback with massive ear pain, it still kills me.

11. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      How do you know the owner of Nootropics Depot has tinnitus? That’s super interesting.

12. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      He spoke about it recently on another site that he's active on. His username is MisterYouAreSoDumb (MYASD).

Someone said a certain supplement gave them tinnitus and then he wrote a huge piece about tinnitus and how it's a very personal thing. He explained how he's had tinnitus for a long time and obviously has tried every single supplement out there and he still has tinnitus.

• Informative Informative x 3