Cordyceps for Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Ankie, Mar 29, 2013.

tinnitus forum
    1. Ankie

Ankie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/28/2012
      Cordyceps on Amazon.com

Cordyceps on iHerb.com (first-time customers get $5-10 off of their order)

I have noticed that the Cordyceps gives me the most benefit. It seems to help me with a better mindset when I have loud T, but it also seems to reduce the volume for me quite a bit. I notice quite a difference when I stop taking Cordyceps.

2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma from airplane descent, noise exposure? ETD? TMJD?
      I ordered some from Amazon. Ankie has good judgment, I think.

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I take Vitamin D3, B12, a multivitamin, COQ10, fish oil, magnesium, zinc, moringa oliefera, a systemic enzyme (Medizym; same formula as Wobenzym), and a natural sleep aid that contains melatonin and valerian root.

Ankie, thanks for the information about cordyceps. I had not thought of that for tinnitus!

4. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Justonemore thing: Please update us on how the cordyceps works for you, after you begin taking it. Hope it helps you!

5. Ankie

Ankie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/28/2012
      Karen, if you read up on Cordyceps, it is a good all around supplement for health. It was given to me by my TCM practitioner for supporting my immune system. A nice side effect was that after a while of taking it, I noticed a distinct improvement in my hearing distortion/tinnitus attacks. I also catch less colds etc when taking it, so it seems to indeed help the immune system in my case.

6. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks, Ankie! I will read more about it. It sounds like a very good supplement. For awhile, when my tinnitus first started, I was taking reishi mushroom capsules, as suggested by my acupuncturist. They helped me to stay calm when I was at my worst. I may try the cordyceps now!

7. oatsey

oatsey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2011
    8. vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      What's Cordyceps? Never heard of it.

9. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=cordyceps+sinensis

Cordyceps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. Scubadude
      Badass

Scubadude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      Wait Cordyceps!! If I were an insect or came into contact with those killer spores I'd be very afraid.

Cordyceps: attack of the killer fungi - Planet...

12. debree99

debree99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Has anyone ever heard of, or tried using, cordyceps to treat tinnitus?

Here's an excerpt from the link that is below:

TINNITUS
      In 23 cases of tinnitus treated with an infusion of Cordyceps, eight were reported as cured and nine significantly improved, while six found no improvement. The researchers concluded that Cordyceps was effective for tinnitus caused by fluid accumulation in the middle ear, while it was ineffective in cases with a long history of auditory nerve disorder.

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=cordyceps+sinensis

13. dakotafred
      Depressed

dakotafred Member

Tinnitus Since:
      If my tinnitus improves or goes away, I'll post an update. I read that cordyceps have helped some people but I'm not very optimistic. I have had tinnitus for 5 years now from an ear infection. At the time, the doctor said my tinnitus will go away with Amoxicillin (antibiotic) but it did not. I have also tried acupuncture (2 sessions, which just hurt my ear), lipo-flavonoids, ginkgo biloba, multivitamin, apple cider vinegar, and a frequency generator with no luck. I would like very much for this treatment to work so I can help others out there.

14. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Tried 3 grams a day of a real good quality cordyceps for 3 months sadly no change

15. debree99

debree99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I did cordyceps twice a day for 6 weeks with high hopes; also talked to my ENT about it and he said unless you have a problem with fluid in the middle ear then it would probably not be of any benefit. I have no fluid ... cordyceps did nothing at all for me. I'm now looking into hearing aids (minor hearing loss) that have a Zen T-masker built in! You can switch from amplification when you need to hear best ... to Zen for the quiet times to mask the T. Again, I'm hopeful!

16. Piper the great
      Amused

Piper the great Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012

I have one hearing aid with the Zen masker.. not bad.. but you still hear the T... just gives something else to hear when its really quiet... you can have them do a second program in the hearing aid that plays the Zen loud at all time with no hearing aid assistance... mine is factal music....

17. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since: