Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by ajc, Feb 28, 2020.

1. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      The problem definitely does not seem like too much panic:

(They just cancelled the game due to this player now testing positive. This will be a meme for sure)

• Like Like x 1
    2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Tom Hanks and wife Rita have both been diagnosed with the virus whilst on set filming in the Gold Coast, Australia.

3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      The links below are to 2 different videos of the same man with Swine Flu who was going to be taken off of life support, but recovered using IV Vit. C. I'm guessing anybody who takes the time to review this will come to the same conclusion as me regarding the coronavirus. Namely, that it could be relatively easily treated with this same IV Vit. C therapy. Worldwide crisis averted.

I've been puzzled by the phenomenon of not using IV Vit. C for serious viral infections for many years, and now that the world needs it more than ever, am even more puzzled. I don't consider myself a genius or a "know it all". But I do think I have a pretty good lick of common sense. And it makes an inordinate amount of sense to incorporate this very effective treatment immediately worldwide.

Vitamin C cures H1N1 - New Zealand Man on Life Support -- Short Version (4 minutes)

Vitamin C The Miracle Cure 60 Minutes Living Proof -- Full Version (30 minutes)

• Like Like x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma

• Like Like x 2
    5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      https://innovationcompounding.com/coronavirus/

If it works we will know it soon because this is vastly cheaper and easier than developing a vaccine; I believe there have been some ugly accidents with attempts at coronavirus vaccines specifically.

I'm not super optimistic but it'd be nice because we could be out of hospital beds in the US by early May in the moderately dire prediction models.

I think this has been spreading for weeks so we may or may not already be infected, but we're all set to basically not leave home for 3 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      As cynical as it may sound, it seems fairly obvious that at least some of the media hysteria is a calculated attempt to damage the president's chances of winning reelection.

8. Ruse
      No Mood

Ruse Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL & TMJ
      Headline:

‘Man who eats bat soup causes worldwide stock market crash’

9. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Countries like Italy put its entire economy on hold to damage the US President's re-election?

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    10. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Some of the conspiracy theories I’ve seen online are absolutely bonkers.

One in particular blames Mark Zuckerberg saying he has an advertising monopoly with the WHO.

I legitimately laugh at some of the stuff people say on Facebook.

• Agree Agree x 6
    11. Ruse
      No Mood

Ruse Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL & TMJ
      Complete and utter tosh.

• Agree Agree x 4
    12. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Some humor to break up the severity of the situation.

Conan Shares Coronavirus Tips With His Staff -...

13. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      My cousin who moved to Italy five years ago is one of the coronavirus victims. She died a couple of days ago from the complications. Suffered from high blood pressure but didn't have other serious illnesses. Was 65.

• Hug Hug x 16
    15. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      Within the US there is a tendency to sensationalize negative events. It usually involves organizations that are not politically aligned with conservative politicians.

16. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      I'm no fan of Trump but there has been an extreme faction of his political opponents that have made it clear that they will do everything possible to eliminate him. Of course they're going to try and use this to their advantage.

17. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      I've already seen people in other online forums gleefully salivating at the damage that this will do to the US economy and how it can be used to defeat Trump.

• Informative Informative x 1
    18. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Look into what went on in China and then what's going on in Italy and then tell me the US media is "sensationalizing" this. If anything downplaying it for as long as they did is going to cause way more damage.

• Agree Agree x 5
    19. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      Population density and urbanization – Diseases spread more quickly among people who live in close proximity to each other. With more people living in dense conditions, there is more frequent contact between more individuals, allowing disease transmission to easily occur.

Population density in Italy: 206 per Km2

Population density in China: 145 people per Km2

Population density in US: 35.77 per Km2

20. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      What's the odds of this going away in the warmer months starting in June? Most viruses disappear or hide in warmer months.

21. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      !Remind me! 3 weeks.

22. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Hi. Sorry about your wife... My sister (31) has stage 1B breast cancer and is about to start chemo treatment 4 of 6 so her immune system is weak too. Please let me know any info the doctor says about people with low immune systems.

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I don't believe anyone knows yet.

• Agree Agree x 3
    24. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      No need. There will be more diagnosed cases than there are now as the virus runs its course. It will peak over the next few months and then likely fade in the US after that. In the meantime you'll be screaming that the sky is falling because your political views are making it difficult for you to view the situation objectively.

25. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @linearb -- Good to see you back on the forum! -- It seems no matter a person's general take on vaccination safety, I think it goes without saying that IV Vitamin C would be vastly safer than any vaccine they may come up with. I believe liposomal Vitamin C (easy to buy and self-administer) would probably be close to as effective as the IV route. The following article gives a pretty good description of liposomal technology, and why it is so good at helping Vitamins of all kinds penetrate deeply into cells.

Why Liposomal Encapsulation Technology (LET) Is The Future of Vitamins

26. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This paints an insanely unrealistic picture, because it assumes that population is equally distributed. If it was, yes, you have a good point.

However:

71YOZF29kbmiQ3u1N-0rTNY2Gf7iOl7nXU6fX3C8YgAbG8Hu80Rzn-TCR2Cqw4Jv6yOT2hs4AszVd5E7WFbTGjiX4_MqFXNM.png

That is not the case. Yes, this will be less transmitted in rural areas, but most people don't live there, and the people who DO typically have access to less/worse hospitals.

I'm not panicking; I am simply obeying my state's recommendation to stay at home if possible, since for me this just meant spending $400 at grocery instead of $100 and committing to bailing on my weekly card game, and pulling our kid out of childcare for the moment.

So, we're all happily at home, not dry coughing yet, and pretty stocked:
      upload_2020-3-12_14-55-52.png

upload_2020-3-12_14-56-12.png

upload_2020-3-12_14-56-41.png

all that
      upload_2020-3-12_14-57-1.png

and a ~quarter pound of weed ready to come down.

I need to go to the pharmacy again saturday to get 60-day supplies of meds, and then I think we're ready to just chill at home and see what happens.

Also, our pantry is generally pretty well close to that stocked, anyway. If you live where I do it's dumb to not be setup to survive some weeks of "roads don't work right now, sorry".

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 2
    27. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      I agree that precautions should be taken especially in heavily populated areas but as a whole it will be much less of a issue in the US than it will be elsewhere in the world. I also happen to live on an island in the Pacific with an extremely low population density and ample amounts of food (and weed) grown locally. If the Zombie apocalypse does play out I'm all good.

28. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Lane , always appreciate your posts even when we don't see eye to eye, and often we do. My take on vaccination safety overall is actually quite muddled; I think there are clearly some cases where people get screwed up by them, FDA databases confirm this -- but it's really a matter of the vaccine. Polio and mumps and measles used to kill or permanently disable lots of people. This doesn't happen anymore much. So, the (very small) percentage of people who do have serious problems from the vaccines are more or less "taking one for the team", and maintaining a high overall vaccination rate is fundamentally necessary to maintain herd immunity.

That said, I think pharmaceutical companies are some of the most corrupt apparatus on the planet, I know for a fact of a case where a major pharma co was found to be using an MMR vaccine which they knew to be ineffective, by dumping it into 3rd-world countries -- there is the classic fuck up where the first live polio vaccine exposed thousands of people to Simian Virus 40 (which may have contributed to the asbestos-linked lung issues that came in following years, we'll never know).

All metabolically active drugs are potentially scary; vaccines interact with the immune system directly, and until a given vaccine has been administered to 1,000,000 people we don't know what side effects occur in 1:1,000,000 cases vs 1:10,000 vs 1:1000.

So, I'm never nuts about putting weird shit into my body or my families, and I did as much research and talked to myriad medical professionals, but ultimately for our own kid, came down strongly on the side of "do the MMR, do all the normal vaccines, also start getting flu shots myself because there's rock-solid clinical data that I increase my kid's mortality risk if I don't".

I can understand people coming to different conclusions, but -- if they are unvaccinated or have unvax'd kids, I do not want those kids anywhere near me or my family. Vaccines are not 100%. Herd immunity, herd immunity, herd immunity.

ALL that said -- I am super in agreement that IV vit C is safer than basically anything we'd consider a "drug", and also -- optimistically we might have a COVID vaccine in 12-24 months. This pandemic is not waiting.

29. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Congratulations! This is the most ridiculous thing I've read on this site to date.

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Funny Funny x 1
    30. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Knock. Knock. Can I stay at your house for the foreseeable future? :)

• Funny Funny x 1