Do You Remember Your Last Day of Silence?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Frayact, Apr 24, 2022.

?

Do you remember your last day of silence?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Strawberryblonde
      Greedy

Strawberryblonde Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1st mild (12/2015) mild-mod (5/2022)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Many reasons who truly knows
      December 5th or 6th of 2015 when I was in bed one night and heard both my ears hissing away. I've been sleeping with a sound machine ever since. I really miss getting into bed and just lying there in silence and falling asleep without issue. Those were the days. Now I just dream silence and wish, hope and pray I'll have it back one day :(

• Hug Hug x 7
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. tpj
      Torn

tpj Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      August 2008. That afternoon/evening, my street was particularly quiet and I still remember thinking that to myself. The next morning, I woke up with tinnitus.
      How completely and depressingly ironic.

• Hug Hug x 7
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Mike_CA

Mike_CA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      February 22, 2011. That was the day to went to urgent care for a dog bite. I was given a tetanus shot and an antibiotic. Woke up to tinnitus that following morning.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      It was New Years Day on 2014. Chicagoland weather was unusually warm, and we did a 3 mile hike at the Indiana Dunes National Park. In fact, we were able to have lunch at their picnic area.

Little did I know that at 1:10 P.M. the next day my emotional security base (for over the next 9 years) would collapse under the stress weight of this unthinkable, bizarre condition, which appeared as quickly as switching on a light.

All I could think of was that quote from "King Lear": "We are as flies to the Gods; they kill us for their sport."

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
    5. KoolKat

KoolKat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HeadPhones/ Noise induced
      Don't you miss having TRUE control of yourself, like the ability to nap when you want to, wake up and go back to sleep at will, concentrating, enjoying the moment, having regular day to day problems not involving tinnitus...?

Not being handicapped. It's the simple things. I would, like you I'm sure, turn down a trillion dollars over a cure for this.

I miss turning on the TV by the fireplace watching cartoons or TV movies while I enjoy lunch with warm coco. I miss exploring NYC or not worrying about triggering a spike.

Why did God pick us to go through this. WHY.

They have to be close to a treatment or something...

• Hug Hug x 5
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. KazM
      Conehead

KazM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12th October 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head injury
      My last day of silence was 12th October 2012; my head slammed into the ground (along with the rest of me), and all I remember is coming to with pain, and the loudest high pitch squeal in my head; I took the silence for granted, and I so miss being able to focus, rest, read, and listen without the constant squeal; very rarely I will wake up and go about my morning chores and realise there is no sound, I cherish those minuscule moments, for as soon as I hear the silence my brain flicks on the audio; coffee, stress, loud noises, and headphones all aggravate the "squeal", as does "listening" to it, so most if the time I just get on with life and ignore my annoying "companion"; biggest effect on my life now is not hearing properly and not getting proper sleep.

• Hug Hug x 5
    7. momus

momus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      I'm 71 (today). I can't even remember what I had for breakfast, but can tell you every single detail of The Moody Blues concert I went to w/ Sheryl Felton in 1972.