Does Anyone Here Drink and Party a Lot?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Apocalypse77, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (go-kart racing)
      School ends in a few months. I am going to drink outside. I would like to hear answers.

2. Helheim
      Angry

Helheim Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Are you talking about going to loud parties with music? If so, the answer would be a "no, not anymore".

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Dij111
      Paranoid

Dij111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure(Fire Alarm, Headphone Usage)
      I was never the sort of person to drink and party, especially turned off by it when a friend's birthday party at a bar was so loud, you couldn't hear each others voices even if you shouted as loud as you could.

4. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      I did a bit (a lot) in my later teens and early twenties, then life took over haha when you say “drink outside” do you mean a party? If so I’d advise just to be careful and make sure your ears are plugged with noise reducing ear plugs. It’s all about finding a balance and if you think it’s too loud or the noise is making you uncomfortable I personally wouldn’t take a chance in making your T worse

5. foliefortuna
      Sweet tooth

foliefortuna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ Disorder
      I wish lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      Nothing should stop a person from drinking. -Gandhi 1981

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Genius Genius x 1
    7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Just be sensible and moderation with drinking as it effects your brain and mood and if on antidepressants the next day you could feel down and the drink could make you do things like have music loud and with out thinking.
      A few drinks and reduction plugs and have a lovely break .
      Love glynis x

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Jiri
      No Mood

Jiri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + injury
      Just be aware that alcohol intoxicates + dehydrates not only a brain but also your auditory system and thus making it more vulnerable to damage.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. DT_N_DA_CLUB

DT_N_DA_CLUB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      I drink, a hangover and getting little sleep can temporary spike tinnitus. Jiri is correct about the auditory system. What I would do is drink a couple glasses of water while drinking. If the auditory system gets compromised by dehydration then I would think water will lesson the effects of alcohol dehydration.

10. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It is my understanding that heroin is the drug you have got to try if you want to experience Pure Euphoria.

You only live once!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    11. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I highly suggest that you stay away from drinking. It can annoy your tinnitus and you are already very anxious and don't need more issues....

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

I have been to loud parties after developing Tinnitus. Molded earplugs are great for that.

I don't have the habit of drinking but from time to time yes, why not?

13. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      I dont drink anymore, but would love to drink a glass of wine, beer, or cider..
      I dont party

14. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Why?

One time, I got lucky and somehow I got upgraded to fly in the first class. I had always been curios about wines being described using some exotic terms. The description of the wines in the first class included those cool-sounding terms. I asked for a glass of some wine that had a description that I found to be intriguing. It tasted exactly like all other wines I had ever tasted - sour and nasty. I made the mistake of finishing my glass of wine, and then I made a second mistake of asking for a second glass of a different wine that had a completely different cool description. The wine in the second glass had the exact same taste - as sour and as nasty as the first one. I kept drinking it trying to see whether I would be able to taste what I was supposed to be tasting if one were to believe the description. Now I know that those descriptions are a joke.

The worst part is that soon after I finished the second glass, I felt like I had been poisoned. At that time, dinner was served in the first class. The food was incredible, but unfortunately I couldn't enjoy it - I was feeling a mixture of a feeling like the one you get when you have a high fever during a flu, and the nausea feeling you get when you are experiencing food poisoning. By the time I felt better, the flight was almost over. Drinking those two glasses of wine had completely ruined my experience of flying in the first class...

15. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      Food and wine will never taste ok on a plane. The cabin pressure and low air humidity make things taste different.

18. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      I don't party... but I do drink. In the north of France beer is a kind of religion :LOL:
      Plus, I am blessed to live in the country of the wine. And I like it too, so that's great :D

19. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      Having 1 or 2 drinks per week is not bad , getting drunk and loud music can be bad. Use you discretion. Be smart about it . Can’t stop living. By all mean protect your ears from further damage. Carry you filter earplugs.

20. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      Getting drunk and getting yourself near speakers can be dangerous yes, this does not mean you can't get drunk or have fun in a way YOU like.
      If you like to drink a lot do so. Just be careful that you still remain clever enough to protect yourself from sound. But don't live life with a constant handbrake.
      If you intend on getting completely wasted, as a lot of people did here while they were students, try to do it only after you've been to the party, so you can't make any mistakes for instance.

A lot of people damaged their hearing by drinking too much and not being aware of the noise around them. Next to that it's possible that drinking in loud noise can make it even worse.

But in my opinion you don't have to be super scared of drinking, just remain clever and know your limits, or at least that you are safe.

Advice like drinking a only few things a week is overdoing it in my opinion, it might be healthier, but I think it's not relevant for his question or life at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018