Dr. Wilden's LLLT Laser Machine Reduced My Tinnitus to 1/2 of What It Was in 6 Weeks

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by mandi, Aug 8, 2016.

1. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      I got tinnitus, extreme reactivity, and moderate high frequency hearing loss April 4, 2016 from a bad ear infection. It was loud and unbearable. I wondered how I would make it. After over 2 months, Dr. Wilden's Lux Laser machine arrived and I began doing his home ear laser therapy daily.

Didn't notice a lot the first weeks, then began to notice the tinnitus was getting a little softer. Dr. Wilden calls this 'thinner and flatter.' It became less intense. This was a miracle. After 6 weeks on the daily home laser, I would say my tinnitus was 1/2 as loud as it was in the first months.

As this appears to work for me, I hope to get some treatment at Dr. Wilden's office in Ibiza, Spain in the future as well...to continue to totally eliminate the soft, more high pitched hiss that is left.

I have not had another audiogram but it seems my hearing has improved as well. Will let you know after a new audiogram.

I also use ear plugs to protect my ears from louder noise...I use them a lot when out. My reactivity is still there, but it has improved.

I pray daily for Jesus' guidance and healing touch.

• Like Like x 5
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. trocobob

trocobob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      Nice to heard that you recovered.
      Can i know the cost of this laser therapy ?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      There is a lot of info on this site giving details about Dr. Wilden's Lux Laser machine.. I can give basics here, but you can find more in other areas as well.

I paid $3,100 for it. The trick with this is he doesn't accept charge cards, it has to be a direct bank deposit from your bank into his. But the transfer went smoothly, with no problem. It did take almost a week to 'go through,' and then another 7-10 days before the machine arrived.

We need this machine made in the US and other places at a lower price, as he seems to have the monopoly on this, thus the higher price. But it helps tremendously for me.

4. trocobob

trocobob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      Thank you for your valuable information

• Like Like x 1
    5. Vinnitus
      Tired

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How can you be so sure the improvements can be attributed solely to the laser therapy? It might as well just have been some natural improvement or any other reason... 2 months is still very early days for tinnitus and it might still improve spontaneously, even without the treatment.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      If the cause was ear infection it may be unrelated. To the best of my knowledge if the T isn't caused by the meds used to treat the infection, its almost always temporary.

We have multiple forum members that have improved audiograms / reduced symptoms over time though. That debate can rage on in the other thread.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      In those first months I tried upper cervical chiro, cranial sacral therapy, tmj, acupuncture, mega vitamins and top diet. The upper cervical chiro seemed to help a little. Did notice any help from the others.

It is true I am still in the earlier crisis period where your chances for healing are higher than years down the line. But there are plenty of testimonies where people got considerable improvement with LLLT even after having tinnitus many years.

The tinnitus, reactivity, and hearing loss are not all healed.. But the intensity of the tinnitus has been largely reduced. It's not rattling my whole head (and seeming whole body) any more. It's reduced to just a lighter hiss without the side effects. Is a huge difference!

I always have the ear plugs in pocket and use them a lot. Dr Wilden said especially in first 6-12 months, but yet continue always in future.

Praying to eliminate it all. I also pray for God's guidance and for His healing touch.

• Like Like x 3
    8. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Did it simply include instructions on paper as to how to use it, for how long and at what strength or does that price include personal guidance by Dr. Wilden himself as to how to use it?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      The instructions booklet mainly just has instructions on how to operate the machine.

By getting Dr. Wilden's laser, you get full personal guidance by Dr. Wilden himself. He generally always answers any question within a day or two. Especially at first he 'hung' over my questions and emails with guidance, then slowly has moved back to taking a bit longer to answer. He also gives links to his papers and articles (on his site), reminding me to read them all to get answers to questions from them as well.

He seems a friendly guy, though sometimes his English isn't real clear.

Pray it will help you if you are able to try it. Praying for U.S. to produce these small laser machines so they are cheaper and accessible to all!

10. alicia_tina

alicia_tina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 8, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Might be Ototoxicity or Unknown
      All the glory to God! I have faith and pray that I to will be heading in the right direction and that this is a test from him! I know what changes I must bring upon my life and I will be doing them! Getting tinnitus has opened my eyes to so much. Literally life changing. I've already changed so many things at home starting with our horrible eating and always turning to meds for whatever pops up, no more of that!

Glad you are on the mend! Praise Lord!

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    11. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Konftec sells a much less expensive comparable device, the emLas laser (cost is around $500). They are manufactured in Taiwan and express ship to the United States and other countries. Payment can be made with a credit card.

The table at this link compares various models of lasers designed for inner ear treatment, including the one sold by Dr. Wilden:

http://www.konftec.com/html/EN/Auricular_Laser_Comparison.htm

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    12. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      I don't think the konftec is stronger enough though is it?

13. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't know what is the best LLLT dosage for inner ear therapy. But the Konftec models have higher power than the Dr. Wilden model. So they would deliver more dosage in the same amount of time.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      @lymebite @alicia_tina @Pleasure_Paulie

I paid the larger amount because I don't understand technology very well and opted to get Dr. Wilden's detailed advice. Some other threads explain the power of the Konftec models and the laser of the Norway audiologist... Did not know they were as cheap as $500. Heard the Norway doc's was about $1500, not sure.

Do they work as well? I don't know, have read that they do. Do they have the hands free ear sets or are they probes you have to hold in ears the whole time? Whatever, the infrared laser light has really helped me.

Thanks, @lymebite, for the Konftec info and link!

• Like Like x 1
    15. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      That's what i'm wondering. Whether the Konfec would really be any worse.
      I doubt Wilden's lasers cost more than a few hundred USD to make.
      The markup is all about profit. If you really cared about helping people, you wouldn't charge 1000% markup on your so called miracle devices. It's not like with Hearing Aids where you are paying silently for other services and guidance and support.
      Does Wilden's support or information ever mention proper dosing periods for LLLT?

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Yes, I think the machines could be copied and reproduced here in US and we could hand them out free to all the vets who come back from serving our country with the loud buzzing in their ears. It's the #1 vet disability...tinnitus! And most have no idea how to get help, and/or are told there is nothing they can do about it! So sad! Most probably couldn't afford this expensive set from Dr. Wilden either..with families to support and other medical issues possibly as well.

We need to get the word out to the vets and find a way to get them help at a very low cost.

Dr. Wilden may be greatly overcharging, but it is not true that he is running a scam...as many on the internet charge. He seems very humble, honest, caring... and it has helped me a lot in a very short period of time. It keeps getting better, and I have only been using it for 10 weeks!

Dr. Wilden starts one out with like 15-20 min/day, then 30, then 35, then 20 min twice a day, then 30 min twice a day, then he apparently stops people at about 35 min in am, 35 min in pm (2 x/day). That is what I am at now, and have been at for quite a few weeks now. Seems if you go longer than that it can be kind of 'squeal-y,' too much for the ear, though no biological damage, he says. He also suggests a day or 2 off a week to let the ears rest.

• Like Like x 1
    17. Helmut83
      Insomnious

Helmut83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Initially, loud noises
      Hi Mandi, I'm a new member suffering from very loud tinnitus since a couple of days ago and pretty desperate at the time. It's great to read stories like yours and to know that getting used to tinnitus is not our only choice, that other ways of reducing tinnitus actually exist.

There are people who say every product or treatment against tinnitus is a scam. I'm not one of those. While there are certainly many scams out there, I think there must be many treatments which are useful to some people and not to others. It's fantastic to know you've found one that worked for you and it lets us have hope that we might find something as well.

The money it costs is a bit discouraging, but at the end of the day what's 3,000 dollars if it's helps get relief from such an ever-present torture?

Congrats and may your tinnitus keep on improving!

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Hi Helmut83,

"Konftec sells a much less expensive comparable device, the emLas laser (cost is around $500). They are manufactured in Taiwan and express ship to the United States and other countries. Payment can be made with a credit card.

The table at this link compares various models of lasers designed for inner ear treatment, including the one sold by Dr. Wilden:

http://www.konftec.com/html/EN/Auricular_Laser_Comparison.htm "

The above is the message from Lymebyte...a few posts up. You can get much cheaper ones, then use the advice I gave you that Dr. Wilden gives. You will have to figure out the strength of the cheaper one you get vs Dr. Wilden's Lux Laser's strength, and maybe then adjust the time you use it accordingly.

Personally, I would get a cheaper one if I couldn't at all afford the expensive ones, and get going on that... They're pretty safe to work with..infrared light, if stay pretty much in the realm of what's advised.

To me, it has been worth the big bucks, my mental health is back. It seems like a miracle.

Praying for God to give you His wisdom and insight as to what to do. Let us know what you decide.

• Like Like x 2
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      One thing you have to remember is to protect the ears until the reactivity stops, if you are so fortunate. I am still in the first 6 months when the ears are still particularly sensitive and can be more easily damaged further.

Dr. Wilden recommends wearing ear plugs most of the time when out and about the first 6 months, then after that too, to protect from further damage. As the ears heal with the continual infrared treatment, which may be years, you can test for improved lack of reactivity and perhaps reduce the use of ear plugs accordingly.

If I do not wear protection and am around loud noises (such as sitting in the back of a boat by the engine the other day), my ears will definitely get a 'spike' that might take a couple days to calm down. Even lesser noises can cause a spike without protection. However, with ear protection you should be fine at these events.

I just traveled Europe for 2.5 weeks with a group...4 flights, 2 long ferries, 10-12 subway, 5-6 train trips, etc. Wore protection most of those travel events and on the noisy streets, tourist spots, motels even. Did not have more than 2-3 spike times, and within a day after getting home all was back to base line. I used my infrared laser 35 min in am and 35 min in pm every day. Was terrified for this trip, but by being careful was fortunate to have had a good outcome.

You can get decibel rating apps for your I-phone to tell you what the loudness is of various situations. To be safe, put protection in at 85 db., Dr. Wilden says.

Also if you are not wearing the pressure ear plugs (ear planes ear plugs, at walgreens) for ascent and descent on planes, rather than just sound protection ear plugs, one can get further ear problems. Do not wear the sound protection ear plugs on ascent and descent as these can interfere with the need for the inner ear to adjust to the pressure changes. The ear pressure ear plugs are necessary from entrance onto plane until ascent is over, and then from when descent begins until cabin door of plane is opened after land.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    20. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Hi Mandi
      Thanks for all the useful info...has ur tinnitus stabilised at the improved level? How long will u use the machine for?
      Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    21. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      I wear earplugs when i've ridden ATVs and some of my T sounds will get louder and spike while wearing them.
      Definitely not the worst either. The last two times i've ridden were basically around times I was at 0.5/10 and my high pitched reactive ringing wasn't anywhere to be found. Not even when riding. It had come back several days later after these rides however. I don't know if you can call that a spike or a coincidence. Can things spike several days AFTER noise exposure even with ear plugs? But not the day of? Because the rest of the sounds go back down to normal after a few hours after stopping riding. And stay that way usually even after the high pitched reactive sound has come back.

The days i've ridden I take 1800mg of NAC with two 1200mg days afterwards as well. Usually only ride around 1.5-2 hours, not totally continuously.

Otherwise no sounds ever cause any kind of spike for me. I don't want to over protect my ears. But I do keep a SLM handy. My brother bought a Nerf gun last week, and the thing was surprisingly fucking loud. It peaked as high as 92dBC a few inches away from it's loudest point. (drops to 80s at head listening level) That didn't spike my T either. Needless to say he returned it. He thought it was insanely loud too.
      https://www.amazon.com/Nerf-Rival-A...TF8&qid=1473908790&sr=1-6&keywords=Nerf+Rival

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      @Candy
      Yes, it has seemed to stabilize at the improved level, if you overlook the spikes here and there. It usually goes back to the quieter hiss (compared to the prior louder strong tone with hiss and throbbing of head, etc.). I am hoping the hiss gets quieter and quieter..

Not sure how long I will be doing the ear therapy. Everyone is different, but know you need patience, it may be over 1-3 years or more, from what I've read, with the LLLT. Also, if you go to their offices (unfortunately in Spain, Germany, or Norway, for the more popular docs) and get the stronger treatments, you can heal faster they say.

@MrBonk, you are right...even with earplugs you can get spikes. Those ATV machines you ride must be plenty loud!

I was wearing a pretty strong 22-27 db one on that Europe trip and was fortunate. I did have some incidents where I got smaller spikes for a couple days.

They say that regular earplugs can't always cancel out the rumbling that goes along with subways, etc, or like your ATV's. There are special ear muffs that can help with the rumbling. Anyone know what those are? Certain AFR ratings on them? Are those with these AFR ratings also the best for the dental visits (the vibration)?

I have read that sometimes spikes start a few days later...particularly under the dental drilling discussions.

Interesting that you take 1800 mg NAC then 1200 mg after a spike event. Do you think this definitely helps? I do take some every day, reading it helps in general with T.

That is so great you don't get spikes very easily, MrBonk.

Surprising how many noisy things can appear throughout the day to force suddenly sticking the earplugs in the ears...like Nerf guns, etc.

23. JadeNYC

JadeNYC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TBI/concussion
      Hi @mandi,
      Hope you're well :).
      Your story is very inspiring, thank you for sharing it.
      How long have you been using the LLLT to date and would you say that you're still making steady progress towards lower volume/less intrusive tinnitus or has it plateaud at a certain level?
      Do you feel that now you can now pretty much live a "normal" life like you did pre-T/H? A little bit of vigilance and protection of the ears is a given for most of us on here.
      I also understand that LLLT is brilliant for hyperacusis. To what extent or what % would you say that yours has improved?

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      @JadeNYC @another sean @briano

Hi Jade,

Are you thinking to get the LLLT? Have you spoken to Dr. Wilden or others about a possible purchase?

I have been using the LLLT since June. It is true that after a few months I seemed to plateau more. But the plateau has been so much better than the first months, so it seems okay, also it seems its working towards better. Am hoping the reactivity keeps reducing.

Yes, feeling I am going back to 'normal' life, but there is always a certain 'caution' going on, with ear plugs in my purse and pockets.... just in case. You never know when the super loud noises catch you unprepared. You never know if the cars and buses or whatever are too loud. There is always the possibility of those spikes...which throw you off until they pass. I think a spike creates fear that it may never go away, maybe this is your new baseline?

I am still new at this, so don't have years of experience like others. I got T in 4/16 like you. What about you, @JadeNYC? What level is your T and what has helped?

The first months on LLLT I felt so improved. The sounds softened and were lighter when things going well, but still the reactivity can throw you right into a spike. I have been totally thrown off by incidents I wasn't ready for, such as: boat rides, hair dryers at salon, loud toys of grandkids, flight where wore ear plugs instead of ear pressure plugs (took 10 days to recuperate), and recently 2 dentist visits.

The worst so far is the dentist visits. The others you could get your right plugs on. But the dentist the plugs can make it worse, occlusion, and the sound/vibration damage goes thru the bone into your ear. Maybe ear muffs help? The type that deal with vibration (certain AFR rating)? The dentist can drill 5 sec on, 10 sec off. But still you will be affecting your ears. Anesthesia helps block the nerve endings some?

One visit I tried nothing. The other I wore ear plugs. The ear plug visit was last week and I still haven't gotten rid of the spike. Without ear plugs I did better, it was a smaller spike. Next time I will try the ear muffs with soft music? But what ear muffs are the best, AFR rating, etc.? This is the biggest hurdle I have faced so far. I will ask dentist to do the 5 sec on, 10 sec off. But everyone needs to see the dentist for cleanings, etc. T sufferers need some help with this one.

Any suggestions for the dentist visits with T greatly appreciated.

In all other incidents, my T has come back to the quieter baseline in time. So hope will be true this time too. I am very thankful to have the LLLT machine to help bring it to pass more quickly (I believe, at least).

• Like Like x 1
    25. Stephen1144

Stephen1144 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      gun noise
      I plan on reading a number of the success stories, and look forward to reading and participating in this helpful forum.

I must say though, as a business person, and sorry to have to say this which is my opinion...

"The trick with this is he doesn't accept charge cards, it has to be a direct bank deposit from your bank into his."

This is a huge RED FLAG.

Basically the buyer has no recourse at all to get their money back other than suing that seller in his country's small claims court. With a credit card, the buyer can simply dispute the charge with the credit card bank, and with something such as this usually get their money back. Which in my opinion is exactly why the seller doesn't accept credit cards.

From a business knowledge standpoint, my view is that if this machine truly worked, he would have presented the idea to a reputable company, they would market it, and this inventor would have became an instant multi-millionaire.

I will never buy this guy's machine, and the money isn't the only reason. As bad as my tinnitus has become, I would be fearful that a device such as this, could make the tinnitus even worse.

That being said, since you already bought it...I hope this machine does work for you, because my tinnitus is at the point of being a problem, and I hope to find a solution here, but this guy's machine will not be it.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    26. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I agree that Dr. Wilden's choice of payment is a bit scary for the consumer. I purchased his laser and have been using it for 2 1/2 months. When I first did the transfer, I was very scared that this could be a scam. About a day or two later, I received an email saying that my money was received. At that point, I felt much better. A crook is not going to acknowledge you payment with an email. Then I received an email telling me that I will receive the laser in 10-14 days. I received the laser just as they said.

My advice to everyone is to review before and after audiograms and to get feedback from a bunch of users. I had an audiogram right before I started the home treatment. I plan to get another one done around the 3 month mark (which will be pretty soon). I'm told that improvements in hearing can start to occur from the 3 month period on. I'm not expecting any great change on my next audiogram but I am hoping for some small change. If anybody is interested in seeing my audiograms, just send me a message. I'll be happy to share. I want to help.

• Like Like x 3
    27. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I agree it's shifty. You can buy the same laser from lumomed in Florida safely.

I do hope it helps.

28. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Can you elaborate on why you feel it could make your Tinnitus worse?

29. Stephen1144

Stephen1144 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      gun noise
      Read about what happened to Joan Rivers when she was a patient of some quack doctor. She is of course not the only example of harm and possibly death occurring from a quack doctor. There are countless other examples.

Whether or not this guy is a quack or not, remains to be seen. In any event, I'm not gambling with my health to find out. Who knows, it may not just make the tinnitus worse, it could make other things worse as well.

You do whatever you wish, I will explore other possibilities of getting my tinnitus under control.

• Like Like x 1
    30. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I will be waiting to see the audiograms , its very hard to know if the laser worked or it just got better on its own.