Dr. Wilden's LLLT Laser Machine Reduced My Tinnitus to 1/2 of What It Was in 6 Weeks

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by mandi, Aug 8, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      I got tinnitus, hyperacusis, and moderate high frequency hearing loss April 4, 2016 from a bad ear infection. It was loud and unbearable. I wondered how I would make it. After over 2 months of suffering, Dr. Wilden's Lux Laser machine arrived and I began doing his home ear laser therapy daily.

Didn't notice a lot the first weeks, then began to notice the tinnitus was getting a little softer. This was a miracle, after the loud hell I lived in. I thanked Jesus every day, I was so thrilled! After 6 weeks on the daily home laser, I would say my tinnitus was 1/2 as loud as it was in the first months.

As this appears to work for me, I hope to get some treatment at Dr. Wilden's office in Ibiza, Spain in the future as well...to continue to totally eliminate the soft, more high pitched hiss that is left.

I have not had another audiogram but it seems my hearing has improved as well. Will let you know after a new audiogram.

I also use ear plugs to protect my ears from louder noise...I use them a lot when out. My hyperacusis has improved greatly too.

I also thank Jesus, as He seemed to lead me in this direction and it seems His love, comfort, and presence accelerate my healing.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
      • Like Like x 2
    2. trocobob

trocobob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      Nice to heard that you recovered.
      Can i know the cost of this laser therapy ?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      There is a lot of info on this site giving details about Dr. Wilden's Lux Laser machine.. I can give basics here, but you can find more in other areas as well.

I paid $3,100 for it. The trick with this is he doesn't accept charge cards, it has to be a direct bank deposit from your bank into his. But the transfer went smoothly, with no problem. It did take almost a week to 'go through,' and then another 7-10 days before the machine arrived.

WELL WORTH IT! We need this machine made in the US and other places at a lower price, as he seems to have the monopoly on this, thus the higher price. But it helps tremendously for me.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    4. trocobob

trocobob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      Thank you for your valuable information

• Like Like x 1
    5. Vinnitus
      Bookworm

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How can you be so sure the improvements can be attributed solely to the laser therapy? It might as well just have been some natural improvement or any other reason... 2 months is still very early days for tinnitus and it might still improve spontaneously, even without the treatment.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      If the cause was ear infection it may be unrelated. To the best of my knowledge if the T isn't caused by the meds used to treat the infection, its almost always temporary.

We have multiple forum members that have improved audiograms / reduced symptoms over time though. That debate can rage on in the other thread.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      That is true, one cannot be sure if some natural healing is in there too...
      But for the prior more than 2 months there was no improvement at all. I was having a hard time even thinking and functioning. The reactivity and hyperacusis were very scary.
      In those first months I tried upper cervical chiro, cranial sacral therapy, tmj, acupuncture, mega vitamins and top diet.
      Immediately upon use of the machine I felt better all around and in a few weeks could attest a huge clear improvement in the ringing noise. Basically, I am toning this down. It felt like an overnight thing really for me with this machine.
      It is true I am still in the earlier crisis period where your chances for healing are higher than years down the line. It would probably take longer otherwise with the infrared laser treatments.
      The tinnitus, hyperacusis, and hearing loss are not all healed.. But the intensity of the tinnitus has been largely reduced. It's not rattling my whole head (and seeming whole body) any more. It's reduced to just a lighter hiss without the side effects. Is a huge difference for me! Feel like I can almost function normally again. But always have the ear plugs in pocket and use them a lot. Dr Wilden said especially in first 6 months, but yet continue always in future.
      Praying to eliminate it all, by His grace.

Hang in there!

Jesus is able to do more than we could hope or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us. To Him be all glory forever and ever (Ephesians 3:20-21).

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
      • Like Like x 3
    8. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Did it simply include instructions on paper as to how to use it, for how long and at what strength or does that price include personal guidance by Dr. Wilden himself as to how to use it?

9. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      The instructions booklet mainly just has instructions on how to operate the machine.

By getting Dr. Wilden's laser, you get full personal guidance by Dr. Wilden himself. He generally always answers any question within a day or two. Especially at first he 'hung' over my questions and emails with guidance, then slowly has moved back to taking a bit longer to answer. He also gives links to his papers and articles (on his site), reminding me to read them all to get answers to questions from them as well.

He seems a friendly guy, though sometimes his English isn't real clear.

Pray it will help you if you are able to try it. Praying for U.S. to produce these small laser machines so they are cheaper and accessible to all!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    10. alicia_tina

alicia_tina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 8, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Might be Ototoxicity or Unknown
      All the glory to God! I have faith and pray that I to will be heading in the right direction and that this is a test from him! I know what changes I must bring upon my life and I will be doing them! Getting tinnitus has opened my eyes to so much. Literally life changing. I've already changed so many things at home starting with our horrible eating and always turning to meds for whatever pops up, no more of that!

Glad you are on the mend! Praise Lord!

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    11. lymebite
      Breezy

lymebite Member Benefactor Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Konftec sells a much less expensive comparable device, the emLas laser (cost is around $500). They are manufactured in Taiwan and express ship to the United States and other countries. Payment can be made with a credit card.

The table at this link compares various models of lasers designed for inner ear treatment, including the one sold by Dr. Wilden:

http://www.konftec.com/html/EN/Auricular_Laser_Comparison.htm

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    12. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise..no idea.. unicorns?
      I don't think the konftec is stronger enough though is it?

13. lymebite
      Breezy

lymebite Member Benefactor Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't know what is the best LLLT dosage for inner ear therapy. But the Konftec models have higher power than the Dr. Wilden model. So they would deliver more dosage in the same amount of time.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    14. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      @lymebite @alicia_tina @Pleasure_Paulie

I paid the big money because I don't understand technology very well and opted to get Dr. Wilden's detailed advice. Some other threads explain the power of the Konftec models and the laser of the Norway audiologist... Did not know they were as cheap as $500. Heard the Norway doc's was $1500 I thought.

Do they work as well? I don't know, have read that they do. Do they have the hands free ear sets or are they probes you have to hold in ears the whole time? Whatever, the infrared laser light has really helped me.

Thanks, lymebite, for the Konftec info and link!

• Like Like x 1
    15. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      That's what i'm wondering. Whether the Konfec would really be any worse.
      I doubt Wilden's lasers cost more than a few hundred USD to make.
      The markup is all about profit. If you really cared about helping people, you wouldn't charge 1000% markup on your so called miracle devices. It's not like with Hearing Aids where you are paying silently for other services and guidance and support.
      Does Wilden's support or information ever mention proper dosing periods for LLLT?

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Yes, I think the machines could be copied and reproduced here in US and we could hand them out free to all the vets who come back from serving our country with the loud buzzing in their ears. It's the #1 vet disability...tinnitus! And most have no idea how to get help, and/or are told there is nothing they can do about it! So sad! Most probably couldn't afford this expensive set from Dr. Wilden either..with families to support and other medical issues possibly as well.

We need to get the word out to the vets and find a way to get them help at a very low cost.

Dr. Wilden may be greatly overcharging, but it is not true that he is running a scam...as many on the internet charge. He seems very humble, honest, caring... and IT HAS HELPED ME TREMENDOUSLY in a very short period of time. It keeps getting better, and I have only been using it for 10 weeks!

Dr. Wilden starts one out with like 15-20 min/day, then 30, then 35, then 20 min twice a day, then 30 min twice a day, then he apparently stops people at about 35 min in am, 35 min in pm (2 x/day). That is what I am at now, and have been at for quite a few weeks now. Seems if you go longer than that it can be kind of 'squeal-y,' too much for the ear, though no biological damage, he says. He also suggests a day or 2 off a week to let the ears rest.

• Like Like x 1
    17. Helmut83
      Insomnious

Helmut83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Initially, loud noises
      Hi Mandi, I'm a new member suffering from very loud tinnitus since a couple of days ago and pretty desperate at the time. It's great to read stories like yours and to know that getting used to tinnitus is not our only choice, that other ways of reducing tinnitus actually exist.

There are people who say every product or treatment against tinnitus is a scam. I'm not one of those. While there are certainly many scams out there, I think there must be many treatments which are useful to some people and not to others. It's fantastic to know you've found one that worked for you and it lets us have hope that we might find something as well.

The money it costs is a bit discouraging, but at the end of the day what's 3,000 dollars if it's helps get relief from such an ever-present torture?

Congrats and may your tinnitus keep on improving!

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    18. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Hi Helmut83,

"Konftec sells a much less expensive comparable device, the emLas laser (cost is around $500). They are manufactured in Taiwan and express ship to the United States and other countries. Payment can be made with a credit card.

The table at this link compares various models of lasers designed for inner ear treatment, including the one sold by Dr. Wilden:

http://www.konftec.com/html/EN/Auricular_Laser_Comparison.htm "

The above is the message from Lymebyte...a few posts up. You can get much cheaper ones, then use the advice I gave you that Dr. Wilden gives. You will have to figure out the strength of the cheaper one you get vs Dr. Wilden's Lux Laser's strength, and maybe then adjust the time you use it accordingly.

I am not the one to give advice on these other lasers, but see lots of other threads on here that do give advice on them.

Personally, I would get a cheaper one if I couldn't at all afford the expensive ones, and get going on that... They're pretty safe to work with..infrared light, if stay pretty much in the realm of what's advised.

To me, it has been worth the big bucks, my mental health is back. It seems like a miracle.

Praying for God to give you His wisdom and insight as to what to do. Let us know what you decide.

• Like Like x 1
    19. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      One thing you have to remember is to protect the ears until the reactivity stops, if you are so fortunate. I am still in the first 6 months when the ears are still particularly sensitive and can be more easily damaged further.

Dr. Wilden recommends wearing ear plugs most of the time when out and about the first 6 months, then plenty after that too, to protect from further damage. As the ears heal with the continual infrared treatment, which may be a year or more, you can test for improved lack of reactivity and perhaps reduce the use of ear plugs accordingly.

If I do not wear protection and am around loud noises (such as sitting in the back of a boat by the engine the other day), my ears will definitely get a 'spike' that might take a couple days to calm down. Even lesser noises can cause a spike without protection. However, with ear protection you should be fine at these events.

I just traveled Europe for 2.5 weeks with a group...4 flights, 2 long ferries, 10-12 subway, 5-6 train trips, etc. Wore protection most of those travel events and on the noisy streets, tourist spots, motels even. Did not have more than 1-2 spike times, and within a day after getting home all was back to base line. I used my infrared laser 35 min in am and 35 min in pm every day. Was terrified for this trip, but PTL, by being very careful, had a good outcome.

You can get decibel rating apps for your I-phone to tell you what the loudness is of various situations. To be safe, put protection in at 85 db. Each person needs to play with this for their own situation to see what works best for them though, of course.

Also if you are not wearing the pressure ear plugs (ear planes ear plugs, at walgreens) for ascent and descent on planes, rather than just sound protection ear plugs during the cruise part of the flight, one can get further ear problems. Do not wear the sound protection ear plugs on ascent and descent as these can interfere with the need for the inner ear to adjust to the pressure changes. The ear pressure ear plugs are necessary from entrance onto plane until ascent is over, and then from when descent begins until cabin door of plane is opened after land.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Hi Mandi
      Thanks for all the useful info...has ur tinnitus stabilised at the improved level? How long will u use the machine for?
      Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    21. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      I wear earplugs when i've ridden ATVs and some of my T sounds will get louder and spike while wearing them.
      Definitely not the worst either. The last two times i've ridden were basically around times I was at 0.5/10 and my high pitched reactive ringing wasn't anywhere to be found. Not even when riding. It had come back several days later after these rides however. I don't know if you can call that a spike or a coincidence. Can things spike several days AFTER noise exposure even with ear plugs? But not the day of? Because the rest of the sounds go back down to normal after a few hours after stopping riding. And stay that way usually even after the high pitched reactive sound has come back.

The days i've ridden I take 1800mg of NAC with two 1200mg days afterwards as well. Usually only ride around 1.5-2 hours, not totally continuously.

Otherwise no sounds ever cause any kind of spike for me. I don't want to over protect my ears. But I do keep a SLM handy. My brother bought a Nerf gun last week, and the thing was surprisingly fucking loud. It peaked as high as 92dBC a few inches away from it's loudest point. (drops to 80s at head listening level) That didn't spike my T either. Needless to say he returned it. He thought it was insanely loud too.
      https://www.amazon.com/Nerf-Rival-A...TF8&qid=1473908790&sr=1-6&keywords=Nerf+Rival

22. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Candy, Yes, it has seemed to stabilize at the improved level, if you overlook the spikes here and there. It usually goes back to the quieter hiss (compared to the prior louder strong tone with hiss and throbbing of head, etc.). I am hoping the hiss gets quieter and quieter...It's still there, but not nearly as annoying as the prior noise that drove me crazy. I would pray and hold my head, massage it, massage ears, beg God for help.

Not sure how long I will be doing the ear therapy. Everyone is different, but know you need patience, it may be over 1-3 years or more, from what I've read. Also, if you go to their offices (unfortunately in Spain, Germany, or Norway, for the more popular docs) and get the stronger treatments, you heal faster.

MrBonk, you are right...even with earplugs you can get spikes. I was wearing a pretty strong 22-27 db one on that Europe trip and was fortunate. I did have some incidents where I got smaller spikes for a couple days. They say that regular earplugs can't always cancel out the rumbling that goes along with subways, etc, or like your ATV's. There are special ear muffs that can help with the rumbling.

I do not know if it can wait to spike until a few days later...anyone else have that? I don't think I've had it, but sometimes it does seems that when there are a variety of events, over time, it can maybe multiply and then a reaction starts to manifest itself... in other words, it may be a cumulative type thing?

Interesting that you take 1800 mg NAC then 1200 mg after a spike event. Do you think this definitely helps? I do take some every day, as told it helps tinnitus.

That is so great you don't get spikes very easily, MrBonk. But is your regular tinnitus pretty annoying and difficult to live with? Same for you, Candy? Have you found things that have helped quiet it down?

Surprising how many noisy things can appear throughout the day to force suddenly sticking the earplugs in the ears...like those Nerf guns!

23. JadeNYC

JadeNYC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TBI/concussion
      Hi @mandi,
      Hope you're well :).
      Your story is very inspiring, thank you for sharing it.
      How long have you been using the LLLT to date and would you say that you're still making steady progress towards lower volume/less intrusive tinnitus or has it plateaud at a certain level?
      Do you feel that now you can now pretty much live a "normal" life like you did pre-T/H? A little bit of vigilance and protection of the ears is a given for most of us on here.
      I also understand that LLLT is brilliant for hyperacusis. To what extent or what % would you say that yours has improved?