Dr. Wilden's LLLT Laser Machine Reduced My Tinnitus to 1/2 of What It Was in 6 Weeks

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by mandi, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I'm all for double blind studies - it's why I called out correlation vs causation above.

A few issues there though.
      1 - you can't really give a placebo that literally lights up or doesn't. the patient knows whether they're control or expose, as does the doctor
      2 - there are many causes of tinnitus, and its difficult to separate them
      3 - tinnitus is a subjective experience, and is not able to be measured by precise instruments
      3a. You mention anecdotal. 100% of tinnitus treatment is based on anecdotal information, including diagnosis.
      4 - to see if cochlear hairs have regenerated, you have to kill the patient.
      5 - it's not the clap - this isn't a 2 shot treatment we're testing. it takes YEARS.

Now go get funding for that study. Especially considering you can't patent a lightbulb for exclusivity.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. AmericanJosh

AmericanJosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure while doing work on home
    3. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      Medicine doesn't quite work like this. A concrete, recent, and pertinent example for you is that of Otonomy's OTIPRIO which proved to be superior at treating otitis externa vs. current treatment regimes with Ciprofloxacin. You would think that a superior product would "sell itself" but reality is sometimes different. Why is that? It's due to that exogenous variable called "psychology". Physicians are a conservative lot and don't necessarily care for change – call it a we-do-it-as-we-do-it-because-that's-the-way-we-have-always-done-it mentality. This isn't something new. Remember how Joesph Lister (tried to) introduce carbolic acid for antiseptic surgery...? He had trouble convincing surgeons of the importance of using antiseptics at the time as surgeons thought it impossible that they – as surgeons – could be the root cause of infections (and subsequent deaths) in their patients.

I personally cured my relapsing autoimmune uveitis using stem cells. And... I am likely amongst the first few people in the world to do so. However, that's already five years ago, and still, stem cells are not at all commonplace for that condition (or autoimmune diseases in general). In fact, there is even literature on it such as this: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25125599

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Also it has to do with money. I know someone personally who had MS, was bound in a wheel chair taking US drugs for MS, then went to Germany who's protocol was composed of all natural compounds. Granted he had to take it for life and had to return to Germany and refill a suit case of this stuff every 6 months but I shit you not he was walking in month. But it's not going to be in any hospital here because you cant patent natural compounds.

• Like Like x 1
    5. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I play bass too! I think the hiss started to fade after about 4 - 6 months. I've been using my laser for almost two years now. My plan was to give it a 2 year trial and then decide if it worked or not. I think it has done a great job on reducing my hiss and the fullness feeling that I had. However, it did not really restore my hearing loss in my left ear. So I'm just about ready to move on to something else to help me out with hearing restoration. I'll be selling my laser (at a discounted price), if you or anyone is interested. Since I don't have the hiss any more, I don't think I really need the laser any more.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Honky

Honky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Truck air horn
      @Tom Cnyc
      What is this $100 LED you bought? I'm very curious to try something like this.

I don't believe all treatments for tinnitus are BS or snake oil. The medical community and ENT doctors are warped by their own ignorance, blinded by apathy and sidelined by big pharmaceutical companies. Big pharma wants absolute results for absolute conditions, but T is not one thing, it is several different things, different for everyone. Of course the ENTs will say there isn't anything they can do. There are no companies that can claim workable solutions to such a diverse problem.

My latest therapy I invented: crinkling a little fruit gummy package or even the ubiquitous plastic bag by my bad ear. Dispels the ringing for at least a few seconds to several minutes. Seems to recalibrate and cancel out if only briefly the phantom noise. Try it. It works. I am not going to get a patent on it either so it's free. Thinknof it as 'a brief quiet window back in time before all this hissing stuff began'.

7. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Probably you are experiencing a phenomenon called “residual inhibition.” Can google for many sources of information, here is one link with some info.

http://www.residualinhibition.com/residual-inhibition.pdf

8. Honky

Honky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Truck air horn
      That is really really cool! Thank you for posting your reply. Made my day!

• Like Like x 1
    9. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Hi All,
      After 2 years of use, I'm ready to sell my Wilden laser. I feel like it has helped me as much as it can. If interested, please feel free to contact me.

10. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Hey @briano , in the end, how often did you use the laser and for how many minutes each time?

• Like Like x 2
    11. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Twice a day for 30 minutes each session. I did this routine for 10 days straight and then took 2 days off. I did this for 2 years straight. :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      I agree Stephen. -- I don't like the idea of someone linking to my bank account.

If T is predominant in the U.S. as well, I'm curious as to why someone doesn't manufacture one here in the U.S. -- I would think that it would be a great business venture for someone (if it really does work)..

13. Caveman

Caveman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So... what about that audiogram? Will you post it, please?

14. Caveman

Caveman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      A few years have passed... did your audiogram show any improvements? Would you please post it?

15. Phat Tuna

Phat Tuna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hygienist
      Can you describe the reactivity?

16. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Hi Caveman, I think my audiograms have already been posted. Let me know, if you can't find them.

• Like Like x 1
    17. Caveman

Caveman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm sorry, I can't find them!

18. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I found my last 2 tests. I used the Wilden laser for two years. During that time, my hearing loss seemed to get a tiny bit better and the hiss and fullness feeling that I had decreased. I think the laser helped me with that the most. I sold it to someone last year. Since it wasn't helping to restore my hearing loss, I figured that I didn't need it any more.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    19. Caveman

Caveman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      They are almost identical!!!
      So the laser did have a positive effect on your hearing loss and tinnitus but only in the early going?

20. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      My earlier audiograms were very a little worse but not by much. The laser helped me with the fullness feeling and the hiss/ring. It didn't really restore any hearing. Hopefully, there will be something that will repair that in the near future.

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. BILZER

BILZER Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline
      I am looking at possibly the Konftec laser. Can anyone comment on what their experience has been with this device or suggest something else? I am three months into hell, drug induced tinnitus.

22. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      Hey, appreciate it's not an exact science, but I'm curious if you spiked when using the LLLT device you chose. I have one of the devices that is commonly touted here but every time I use it I get a temporary spike, which I've been told is a good sign, but curious about your experience as you seem to be a sober, rational-minded individual.

23. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The times I really heavily used the light, I have noticed that my sound got louder, but also less tonal after multiple days. So, instead of a eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee on volume 5, it has a hissssssssssssss on vol 7. Which to me - is easier to deal with. The hiss volume increase was temporary.

I want to stress that I am not part of a larger study, and with a focus group of 1, correlation and causation are impossible to separate. But I do believe the light helped me. My strong improvement started within a few months of using it heavily, and I had tinnitus for quite a long time at this point.

I haven't used it since December of 2019 at this point (my last spike, from what I believe was COVID-19).

24. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks - glad yours became a hiss - I am hoping to get there one day myself. Appreciate you sharing your experience.

25. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One last question if that's okay - you used the Red Light Man combo light, which has both red light and infra red, right? I believe LED's may be gentler than lasers so am likely to make the switch, but just want to inform myself based on the anecdotal successes of the people here. Thanks!

26. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes. I used the Red Man Light. At $100 it seemed like a low risk endeavor. I can't advocate for spending thousands without concrete proof there is any difference at all.