Dr. Wilden's LLLT Laser Machine Reduced My Tinnitus to 1/2 of What It Was in 6 Weeks

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by mandi, Aug 8, 2016.

1. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Hi jojoFord,

I was very concerned about the bank transfer too. I fought him a bit too. However, I did get the laser and Dr. Wilden has held up his end of the bargain by communicating with me on how to use it. I go for my 6 month hearing test in the beginning of April. If you can wait to purchase the laser until then, I'd be happy to share my results with you. My 3 month hearing test did not produce the results that Dr. Wilden or myself wanted. He has changed my laser time to 30 min. x 2 per day. I'm hoping that will restore some of my hearing loss.
      All the best to you,
      Brian

2. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Any subjective improvement? We've all been hoping for the best here.

3. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I feel like my hearing is better and more clear. I just like to have proof of it.

4. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      You could try the Generalfuzz web site single tone scale - at very low volume ,go up and down the scale to look for dips.
      The LT did improve the small dips so the scale is more smooth now , this will make music sound crisper and more pleasant but not show up on wide gaps 1000hz hearing test

• Like Like x 1
    5. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!

6. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      The general fuzz site is not reliable for this. Certain frequencies will cut out in one side as you slide, at random. I've tested this by switching my headphones around.

I have very high quality studio production headphones with balanced response from 20hz to 22khz.

Don't freak yourself out with this.

8. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock Disorder (TTTS)
      I used the laser of wilden during 9 months without success. I respected the protocol. No chance for me. Now I try to sell it if someone is interested. The laser is in perfect condition. Pm me if you want.

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      Driver mismatch can cause slightly different frequency response per ear FWIW. Which can also cause this. Not very many sets of cans are near 100% driver matched.

If you want a more reliable way (Knowing that the application is 100% faultless) to test specific frequencies and even do sweeps.

Download and use the evaluation version of Reaper along with MDA TestTone.
      http://mda.smartelectronix.com/

It does require knowledge on how to use a DAW a little bit though and how to use MDATT's interface. (Pretty simple slider layout).

10. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Have you sold your laser Mithrandir?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    11. mikeplas

mikeplas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      august 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Briano, can you give an update? Is it working or not?

12. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      I'm selling mine too if anyone is interested.

13. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      price range?

14. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I have my 6 month audiogram scheduled for the 1st week of April. I'll post my results. Please feel free to follow up with me. My goal is to restore my hearing loss and get rid of the tinnitus that I have. I also want to help people in their decision making process regarding the purchase of a laser.

15. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I'd just like to point out that my audiogram improved by 15db at some frequencies, and an average of 10db, by doing nothing at all. I don't think audiograms are the greatest measurements to be honest.

If I'm being honest I'm skeptical about LLLT. It seems like an easy way to make money selling these lasers to people desperate for a solution. I don't mean to be negative, but that's how I see it.

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but I hope you prove me wrong and you find some relief.

Here's my audiograms:

BEFORE
      IMG_2661.JPG

AFTER

IMG_2663.JPG

16. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Just out of curiosity, what are the largest reported gains attributed to LLLT. In other words what is it expected to achieve?

I know 15db is not a huge deal, but are there any known, proven cases of LLLT achieving over 30db for example?

17. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Michael Zazzio reports on his website the best result from his clinic to be improvement of 42 dB.

"The so far best treatment result for age related hearing loss (presbycusis) at the Audio Laser Clinic is an improvement of 42.73 dB HL on the left ear. The audiograms below display the patient's hearing capacity before therapy (the audiogram to the left) and the hearing capacity after therapy (the audiogram to the right). That patient was treated 20 sessions during two months in the autumn of year 2016."

http://www.alir.nu/eardis.html

• Like Like x 1
    18. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Are these results repeatable, or are they few and far between? I'm genuinely curious, because when I looked into LLLT a year or so ago it didn't show much integrity. Am I doing it an injustice or do a lot of you believe in it. Obviously my ears don't need it, but I find the science behind stuff like this interesting.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    19. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Hi Ed,

Since my noise induced hearing loss from about 2 years ago, I've shown no hearing improvement or change. I decided to try LLLT. If I get any improvement at all, it will most likely be because of the the laser. Trust me, I'm not encouraging anyone to buy a laser. I may get no improvement at all. I decided that I wanted to give it a try rather than do nothing. Either way, I hope that my results will help others to make their decision on whether or not to make a laser purchase.

• Like Like x 1
    20. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I know you're not Briano, and I hope it works for you I really do.

• Like Like x 2
    21. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Thanks, Ed. I really struggled with the decision to buy Dr. Wilden's laser. It was expensive and I was afraid of it being a scam. Although the purchase of it was scary (I had to do a bank transfer rather than use a credit card), it worked out perfectly fine. Dr. Wilden himself was in constant contact with me the whole time. If the laser doesn't end up working for me, I don't necessarily believe it to be a scam. Maybe it just doesn't work on everybody. I don't know. Either way, I'm going to let everyone know what my results are and hopefully that will help people make their own decisions.

• Like Like x 3
    22. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      There is scientific data published about it. Just look it up.
      One example. Randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled.

The issue is that you will find people that will tell you that the studies are not conducted with the appropriate protocol (how often, for how long, what intensity), so always take it with a grain of salt.

23. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I read some of those studies way back Greg, and all I remember is a lot of contradiction.

24. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I couldn't find a lot of contradiction as I read them today. I just grabbed a handful that came from my search on pubmed and they all seem to concur on efficacy. Maybe I picked an "unlucky set".

I did find studies with promising improvements, but they were on animals.

25. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      You're probably right Greg. I haven't looked into it for a long time. It was back when I was still looking for cures and all I remember is reading papers saying it didn't work, and then others saying it did. My memory tells me that it was mainly on the didn't work side.

26. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There is a long thread about LLLT (with 1,858 posts so far!) here:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...for-tinnitus-—-experiences-dr-wilden-etc.295/

As far as dueling studies go, many of the ones with positive outcomes, including Dr. Wilden's results (with quite a lot of detail presented), are posted here:

http://www.healinglightseminars.com...y/ear-hearing-loss-tinnitus-menieres-disease/

27. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Wilden's study is of course interesting, but he doesn't seem to have a placebo group, so we can't tell if improvements are due to the laser or due to nature's healing with time. Many people report improvements (I think @Ed209 was one of them) without LLLT.

And even in Wilden's study, the improvements range from 5 dB to 11 dB (in the high frequencies), which - many audiologists will tell you - fall within the "statistical uncertainty due to the measurement methods".

Paired with the fact that he has a financial tie with the subject matter, I am not super excited about it (which is a shame - I really want this to work).

28. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Just had my 6 month audiogram since using Dr. Wilden's laser. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any real improvement. I'll be sending him a message to see what he has to say about this. In the meantime, I will still continue to use the laser. I hope that my results (or lack thereof) can help people decide if laser treatment is for them. I'm a bit down...but I am not out. Let's see what Dr. Wilden has to say.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    29. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      that's not why placebo control is important; any given condition will be more likely to improve given some medical attention than it would on its own, even if the medical attention is snake oil, healing crystals, etc. The mind is incredibly powerful.

this book is probably good reading for anyone dealing with annoying health problems:
      https://www.amazon.com/Suggestible-You-Curious-Science-Transform/dp/1426217897

30. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I don't know that anyone computed that likelihood (so I'm not sure what you use to support your statement). Some treatments can be detrimental to your situation (from a physiological/biological point of view), no matter how much positive thinking goes along with it.

What I meant to say is that what's useful to figure out effectiveness of treatment is to have a control group that gets nothing (only time), a placebo group that gets a sham treatment, and a group that gets the real deal. Wilden doesn't seem to do that.