Dr. Wilden's LLLT Laser Machine Reduced My Tinnitus to 1/2 of What It Was in 6 Weeks

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by mandi, Aug 8, 2016.

1. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      yeah, absolutely. Lack of peer-reviewed placebo controlled studies should be a giant red flag for any expensive treatment because it's a hallmark of snake oil.

2. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I took a chance with Dr. Wilden's laser. I was on the fence about it for a while. It was a lot of money. I went into it thinking that I will post my progress (for good or for bad) throughout the time that I use the laser. If the laser works for me...then I want the world to know about it. I'd love for it to help as many people as possible. If it doesn't work, I want the world to know about that too. I'd like for them to save their money and try something else. I'm not a Dr. Wilden salesman. LOL.

After using the laser for six months straight, I can tell you this:

The first few weeks were wonderful! I felt that a blockiness disappeared. It was like a piece of cotton was removed from my ear. I feel like my tinnitus has been reduced - but keep in mind that I never really had it that bad to begin with. Sadly, my audiograms have not really changed much. I was hoping for them to show that I have regained some of my hearing loss. All in all, I do believe that the laser has done something. It's opened up my ears bit and relieved some tightness and blockiness. I'm hoping that the next 3 month audiogram will show some improved hearing. Wish me luck.

My plan is to stick with this laser for 2 years. I think that will be long enough to tell if it is actually going to work for me or not. The biggest problem with the case studies that I have read is that they stop them just short of the 3 month mark. From what I'm told, the laser doesn't really start to improve hearing until after that time.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Brian if you can hear better that's great. Reasonably you may not have dips that does not fall exactly on a number ending in 000.

5. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      How are people getting on with lasers? I just got an email back from dr Wilden asking me to send him audiogram

6. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I had some good progress in the beginning regarding tightness, tinnitus, etc...However, my hearing loss has not been restored yet. I've been using the laser for 6 months.

7. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Do you continue to see a reduction in your tinnitus? If so, how much?

8. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I never really had it that bad so it is tough to tell. My problem is mostly hearing loss due to noise.

9. LulaLula

LulaLula Member

Tinnitus Since:
      unclear
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      @briano how is the fullness/tigthness now? Wonder if laser therapy willl work for ear fullness

10. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      @LulaLula - The fullness and tightness is gone! I'm very happy about that. I was hoping that the laser would fully restore my hearing loss but that hasn't happened as of yet. I've been using the laser diligently for 1 year and 10 months now. My plan is (and always was) to use it for 2 years and then try to sell it. I figured that was a long enough period to try it out. Now that I don't have the fullness feeling anymore, (and it doesn't seem like it will restore my hearing loss), I really don't have a need for the laser. One thing I can say for sure is that Dr. Wilden has always responded to my emails and has altered my therapy times here and there to try and get a better result. So I don't believe that he is a scammer. Unfortunately, the laser doesn't work on everybody the same way. If you or anyone else are interested in purchasing my laser, feel free to contact me.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    11. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      How in tarnation does a laser in the outer ear affect anything in the middle or inner ear? Unless someone can explain the mechanism at play hear I'm calling bs.

12. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Hi John,
      Just google Dr. Wilden Laser. You'll see articles about it. I was a skeptic too. All I know if that I don't have the ringing, the hiss, the tightness or the fullness anymore. Maybe it just helps with that. Or maybe it just took two years for me to get better. I have no idea. I feel like the laser did it.

13. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      some dude made a comment about tinnitus going away but hearing loss remaining after LLLS
      which in claim (if true) is suppose to help hearing loss

i am genuinely confused.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      All I can tell you is that this has been my experience.

16. Racehorse

Racehorse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic
      Sounds like bull my friend. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Until someone can describe the mechanism of this laser on tinnitus I'm calling BS. Plus the sell this thing for over $10,000. How does a laser emitting diode with control circuitry and a housing cost that much. I've been into electronics for years and all I'm seeing is a device made by people that prey on the ignorance of suffering people. If you're on Tinnitus Talk spamming products while posing as a fellow sufferer then you're the scum of the earth.

18. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I joined this board 2 years ago right after I lost some hearing due to noice exposure. As a musician, hearing loss was and still is devastating to me. I also developed the ringing and hiss and all the other fun stuff that goes along with hearing loss. I tried a bunch of different things to try to stop the ringing, hiss, etc... and nothing really worked. So I decided to try this laser. As I said before, it did not restore my hearing loss and probably won't. The hiss and ringing has disappeared though. That could be because of the laser or because it's been almost two years and my ears have healed themselves. I have no idea which option cured me of it. I tend to think it was the laser. That's my opinion. However, I think that I've gone as far as I can go with it. If there are any new cures or things to try, please let me know.

19. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Scammers are horrible people. I am not one. I've been posting my audiograms periodically to show how I have progressed while using the laser. Honestly, nothing has significantly changed in regards to my hearing. The only thing that has changed was the ringing and hiss. They are now gone. The laser I purchased was expensive but not 10,000. I think it was around 2,500.00. Which is still super expensive. For me, it was worth the gamble and I feel like it has done some good things for me. As far as the science is concerned, you'd have to look it up online. I'm not a laser salesman. It made enough sense to me to at least try it out.

20. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      this is amazing to read. We started using light therapy around the same time. I also have made a lot of progress.

For anyone doubting him, he's no scammer.

• Like Like x 2
    21. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Thanks, Tom! :) Hope you are doing well!

22. AmericanJosh

AmericanJosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure while doing work on home
      • Like Like x 1
    23. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Can you explain how light therapy can help tinnitus?

24. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      LLLT uses laser energy to help repair damaged tissue and rejuvenate cells so they return to their healthy state. The laser light is able to stimulate the mitochondria inside your cells to produce energy.

25. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Cool, how long after you got t did you start treatment?
      I'd love to play bass without the hiss riding on top.

26. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      it works on the same mechanism as sunlight, which also heals / reduces inflammation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4126803/

It's very difficult to prove. Maybe I just got better. I did decide that investing $100 and the zero effort that is holding a light while watching TV a few times a week for a year or so was worth the risk.

Try it, don't try it - whatever. It's not total B/S though. It's studied out of Mass General and Harvard Medical School. http://wellman.massgeneral.org/faculty-hamblin-pi.htm

• Like Like x 1
    27. AmericanJosh

AmericanJosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bottom line is this> LLLT has been around for a long time. If it worked, it would be used at every clinic.

28. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dude I don't care AT ALL if you buy a laser. So I'm not going to argue with you. I just said that he's not spamming products and came to his defense when someone insinuated he was spamming / scum.

I also think Wilden is overcharging, and probably a dick. I bought a $100 LED.

I have made progress I didn't think possible, and I'd be lying if I said my healing didn't speed up a lot when I first got the light.

Could be total coincidence - both Briano and I said we're not sure the causation, but there is correlation.

As to, "if it worked, it'd be used at every clinic" - I know FIRST HAND that is bullshit. I literally had testicle pain for 2 years straight. Athletic Pubalgia. Every doctor I went to said "sports hernia does not exist". I went to over 10. There are 5 surgeons in the world that treat this. Mark Zoland is one. My insurance company refused payment b/c "it doesn't exist".

Guess what? The surgery worked. Every clinic was wrong, and didn't treat me.

• Like Like x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    29. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Sorry, but that statement makes no sense whatsoever.

30. AmericanJosh

AmericanJosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Why not? If there was a miraculous treatment for tz do you not think that every doctor and clinic that treats t would offer this tovpatients? I hope people can be scientifically minded and know that anecdote evidence (oh, this worked for me)counts for nothing. Many people get better on their own and the things they take or use really have no impact on that. That's why we have double blind controlled studies...to take out the bbn iin and control for other variables

My challenge to all is this. Before you respond, do some research on basic science and research. Here's a good site to start: sciencebasedmedicine.org