Dream

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Jasmine warner, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Jasmine warner

Jasmine warner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/24/10
      Hi Dr,
      Can having a bad dream or change in weather cause my T to spike?

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Hi Jasmine -

So you want to know if a bad dream or change in weather can cause your tinnitus to spike.

Allow me to give you two answers to that question, followed by a word of explanation.

Answer #1:

YES. ABSOLUTELY.

Answer #2:

I don't know. I don't care. And why do you?

The explanation:

When issues like yours arise, I try to step back and look at the big picture. The fact is, you really can't do much about the weather or about your dreams - so from a practical point of view, your question (which I realize is important to you right now or you wouldn't have asked it) is irrelevant.

Don't get me wrong here. I am sympathetic, and I do care. I care about you - but not about what your tinnitus is doing at any given time.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, the only thing that is predictable about tinnitus is its unpredictability.

You are still at the point where you are letting your tinnitus drive your bus. Perhaps you are viewing the world through the prism of your tinnitus.

If that's the case, then maybe it's time to start viewing the world itself ... and to hell with the prism.

All the best -

Dr. Stephen Nagler

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1