From Down in the Dumps to Living My Life Again — My Tinnitus Has Gotten Better

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Smithy27, May 22, 2020.

1. Smithy27

Smithy27 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/2/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello,

It has now been 3 months since I said I was going to end my life. You can read the post I wrote on the introduction thread if you wish. Do I still have tinnitus? Yes but it's fading and hopefully it will fade away completely.

I have changed a couple of things. First, I changed my diet, I just started to eat more healthy foods second I started to relax more and started a new hobby and that was creating relaxation videos. I'm lucky to live walking distance to the countryside and it gets me away from the misses. I now sleep for around 7 hours a night and I manage this by moving into my own room and using blackout blinds. I also started to take cold showers once a day. Now for exercise, I find if I do any intense exercise my tinnitus does slightly increase, so I just stick to walking.

That's it really guys. If anything changes, I will come back and report it.

Take care all.

• Like x 7
      • Agree x 1
      • Helpful x 1
      • Friendly x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    2. lightning
      Amused

lightning Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe tinnitus since Dec 30 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      Glad to hear you're doing better. How much do you think it has faded? I feel like mine has become quieter during the day, but louder during the night! So strange..

3. Bevann

Bevann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 27,2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Have you had an audiogram and do you have hearing loss?

4. LilSass
      Loved

LilSass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely ototoxic medication
      Hi @Smithy27! I'm glad to hear that things are going better for you! What was the cause of your t and did you take any supplements to help?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Smithy27

Smithy27 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/2/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all. Mine was caused by kids throwing a firework at me. Lost some high pitch hearing in left ear so I can't hear the high pitch ones in my left ear.

• Like Like x 1
    6. CAgirl

CAgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3 M80 Firecrackers
      Hi @Smithy27 Thank you did the success story. How are you now? At what point did your tinnitus begin to fade? Today is 3 weeks after LOUD firecrackers damaged my hearing. Did you also have a loud hissing sound that you heard all day and night? Thanks!

7. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      @Smithy27,

Just wondering how you’re doing? My tinnitus has been up and down all over the place and it’s driving me crazy. I will have several days where it will be really loud and then periods of quiet. Last couple of days has been loud and exceptionally high-pitched. I don’t really see a lot of rhyme or reason to the fluctuations.

Have you found anything that’s helped?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. twa
      Busy

twa Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2017- mild /Sept. 2020-moderate
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      Mine does this too.

9. sensualmosquito
      Confused

sensualmosquito Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      6-8 khz HL, T and H from gunshots
      I've got the same thing but from gunshots in my right ear. I find that the sound level associates with my sleep habits, my stress, what I eat, if I drink caffeine, etc. Over time things do get better, and I've been going through this for about 4 months. I do hope it does get better for you, and it sounds like it is so that can only be a good sign.

• Friendly Friendly x 1