Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Racehorse, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Racehorse

Racehorse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic
      Hi, my name is Anthony and I have been dealing with this nasty b for about 2.5 years now. Thank GOD mine is mild, but it still scares the crap out of me for fears of it getting worse. I basically have 2 types of sounds- a slight left ear hiss and a central ring (although the last few months the ring hasn’t been present).

I blame a product called ‘neosporin’ for this. It’s a bacterial cream sold over the counter that contains one of the nastiest ototoxic chemicals around - neomycin-, and I was using this product in my nose so alleviate nose bleeds. Not realizing how dangerous this stuff is when used on membranes (high absorption rate) caused me to be where I am today.

Anyway, I’ve been following this site for quite some time and feel like I know some of you guys personally. I’m here to connect with and pass any info I can to those who need it. Talk soon....

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Welcome to this site. Lots of good people here!

• Like Like x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum @Racehorse. Hope your T will stay mild and better yet fade over time. You are most welcome to share your useful info so others on this site can benefit from them. Take care. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thank you so much for sharing your story!

I have been using polysporin, and thanks to your post I just found out that it contains "Polymyxin B" which is also ototoxic.

How many times did you use neosporin before you ended up with T?

• Like Like x 2
    5. Mystery Reader

Mystery Reader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still Under Investigation
      @Racehorse

You've landed in a good spot! Lots of support and good folks here.

Mystery Reader

• Like Like x 3
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Racehorse

Racehorse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic
      @Bill Bauer hello Bill. I’m not sure I’m posting this correct. I’ll soon find out. I’m not too computer savvy , lol. I used a dab on each side of my septum twice a day for about two weeks, then for the first time in my life, I started hearing a crackling sound when people would speak to me. Shortly after that came the t. The hypetacusis went away, although it does come and go every couple months, but the t stayed. Ironically, neosporin was recommended by my ent. You would think they would know better.

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Shocking!!!

Has your T always been mild, or has it be slowly fading over the past two years?
      Thank you. I will keep this in mind. I will try not to use anything like this anywhere on my head (and never in the nose, ear, or close to the mouth), and if I have to use it, I will ensure that I don't use it for more than several of days.

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Racehorse

Racehorse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic
      @Bill Bauer Yes, be careful. As long as you don’t apply the stuff anywhere it can get easily absorbed into your system you’ll be fine. My t started out very mild, then in a few months it increases bit, a few months later went down to very mild again, and just recently increased a bit again. I’m not sure what caused this recent spike. Maybe a few bouts of hearing my one year old screaming next to me, or a recent cold. Not sure. It’s still mild, just not as mild as it recently was. T is just one strange beast.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Protect your hearing like the most important thing in the world until theres a treatment for hearing loss to potentially cure your tinnitus and restore your damaged hearing.

• Agree Agree x 1