I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Exactly, I totally agree. The only reason some of my testimonies have the names removed is some people don't want their names and diagnosis plastered all over the internet. Some do give me permission so I do post their names.

brian douglas testimony.png

• Like Like x 1
    2. Paul1980

Paul1980 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, prescription drugs
      Man, you just don't know when to quit. We get it - you made your point. The usernames are on some of the posts. Some of them I guess are from Facebook. It is clear that Mr. Case does not feel like running a company. Perhaps that is reckless, but if he truly believes his invention works, is it up to him to act the way you want him to? But I have to agree with Mr. Case, the badgering and hunter mentality is a real concern for people to post their stories. You mentioned cancer - I can't imagine someone saying their cancer went away or was in remission, only to have people that can't help themselves say "you are lying."

Give it a rest, you aren't doing me and I doubt anyone else any favors.

And it is exactly your kind of behavior that tells me if I do get cured or have some improvement, you are the last person I am going to talk to.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      Yes, this is the thread of Tinnitus Mix Religion. :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You sure are grasping at straws trying to find anything or something wrong with me and Tinnitus Mix. Lol you people crack me up!!! You should be over joyed someone has developed a therapy for tinnitus and hyperacusis, but NOOO you got to slam me and try to make me look like a common criminal.

You are the sham.

312.png

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you for your kind words.

@AfroSnowman needs to spend time developing his own tinnitus therapy and spending less time spewing condescending comments about my free therapy. I think he needs a therapy for personalty disorder.

Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 08-06-13 (1) NeuroWAV Tinnitus Therapy Facebook.png

6. Bambam0
      Cool

Bambam0 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock 'n Roll
      F*&! it. I am going to try this. But I'm not starting with headphones.

@R. David Case, I'm going to use a Bluetooth speaker that has frequency range up to 40 kHz. Is that sufficient?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That's a good frequency response for a Bluetooth. What make and model is it? It may work. If you get no results, I think you should put the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones around neck OR next to your pillow if you don't want to wear them on the ears. The 2.8 MHz harmonic that is created when played on the Koss is what makes this work.

study 2.8mhz.png

8. Bambam0
      Cool

Bambam0 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock 'n Roll
      • Like Like x 1
    9. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There is no 2.8 MHz created by the headphones. This is just nonsense, and any freshman in physics will destroy all the pseudoscience behind Tinnitus Mix.

Mr. D.R. Case thinks he has invented magic, but it is just noise. I do not understand his persistence and his extremely biased view of reality. Tinnitus Mix has nothing special, and the Koss headphones are just mediocre.

• Like Like x 3
    10. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I wonder why no one from this board reported solid lasting good effects. However, I will give it a try from today on for three weeks or longer... if it helps my sleep, I would already be glad.

I can’t imagine this helps tinnitus to be honest. However, I bought the Koss headphones.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Make sure you don't have reactive tinnitus, no sound therapy will help that form of tinnitus. I hope my invention helps you. Start out playing on very low volume during the day for a few hours to get used to the chaotic sounds. Then switch to nights, all night every night for 3 weeks without skipping a night or the tinnitus will try to reform.

claire t gone.png

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You will have to argue that with Dr. Dinshen, a member of the British Association of Neuroscience. He did the study and found the 2.8 MHz harmonic produced by convoluting waves in Tinnitus Mix. He says the headphones are reproducing the 2.8 MHz harmonic by way of the phenomenon of MAGNETOSTRICTION. I suspect he is smarter than you @InfiniteLoop. It is well known if you would do the research that around 3 MHz of US (ultra sound) produces NEUROPLASTICITY, so that would explain why Tinnitus Mix helps so many different conditions like tinnitus, hyperacusis, other phantom sounds like voices, improves hearing, improves cognitive ability etc.

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 06-43-34 magnetostriction - Google Search.png

sounds are causing neuroplasticity.png

13. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @R. David Case, I read Dr. Dinshen paper when you posted the manuscript in Tinnitus Talk, and I already told you that the paper has very low scientific quality, and speaks very poorly about Dr. Dinshen (who is somewhere lost in the prestigious Mauritius island). It should not pass any peer review systems unless goes to one of those random only Internet journals.

Some remarks about the paper:

1) The paper only analyzes your Tinnitus Mix and Koss headphones. A minimally serious study should include other noise types (impulse, white,…) and a group of headphones from different makers to compare the output. This will help to understand if there is anything particular about your file and Koss headphones.In the way the study is presented there is only one file and one kind of headphones, and the consequence is that there is only one possible result. This is just another example of your completely biased view of the world.

2) The paper shows the Tinnitus Mix FFT (Fourier Transform) having a peak frequency at 8 kHz, and low power at higher frequencies. This is against your propaganda that Tinnitus Mix is special because of very high frequency content. Doing the analysis of the Tinnitus Mix with any FFT iPhone reveals similar conclusions.

3) The spectral response of the Koss headphones is only plotted to 8 kHz and has very few points. This plot goes against any conclusion you can make about very high frequency convolutions.

4) Spectral convolutions are prone to error for very high frequency calculations and one should very cautious about their interpretations. It should be checked that with different libraries (Matlab, python,...) the results are consistent. The very poor representation of the Koss headphones does not bode well for reliable conclusions, and again, why not to try the spectral response of many other headphones?

5) If there is any 2.8 MHz radiation, it should be measured, and avoid to present very questionable calculations.

6) Biological effects of 2.8 MHz are not clear, and this enter the same realm as people who believe in LLLT (Low Level Laser Therapy) and the experimental evidence is basically non-existent.

Your logical thinking requires ever increasing acts of faith: Tinnitus Mix is magic, Koss headphones are magic, two magic elements together produce even more magic (2.8 MHz), and it turns out that this magically will regenerate your cochlea. This is just obvious magical thinking and pseudoscience, and it is what annoys me the most about the Tinnitus Mix.

Also you mention that I do not have technical knowledge or that I am not smart enough. I do not have a PhD in Neuroscience, but I do have a PhD in Physical-Chemistry, 60 papers in International journals, 15 patents and I lead a group of PhDs in a high tech company in Silicon Valley. I have reviewed many scientific papers and I have enough experience to distinguish whether the scientific method is followed properly or not.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
    14. Kevin12345

Kevin12345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      @R. David Case, I just had a few questions, I have a few headphones and speakers and was wondering if you knew if they worked with the Tinnitus Mix to produce the magical 2.8 MHz.

Sennheiser PXC550 headphones
      Sol Republic Master Tracks XC headphones
      Krk Rokit 8 speaker monitors

Does it matter if I play the sound from my phone to my headphones?

I have read about Tinnitus Mix being like neurofeedback training. I assume you know who Dr. James Hardt is? He runs Biocybernaut which is at the pioneer of neurofeedback training. Doing the training is said to increase IQ, ability to handle stress, etc... it's pretty expensive to do ($20k). Essentially after seven days of training you will have similar brain waves to that of a zen master who has meditated for over 40 years.

Have you tried creating sounds to increase theta and alpha brain waves?

One final question: if the tinnitus goes away after, let's say 3 weeks, can I stop listening to the Tinnitus Mix? Or do you have to continually listen to it everyday for the rest of your life?

15. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Does Tinnitus Mix also help hissing tinnitus? It’s the 4 day and I don’t feel any change yet. Maybe it’s too early who knows. I have had tinnitus for more than 20 years.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes it will take 3 -4 weeks if you have had tinnitus for 20 years. The pattern we have found is the longer you have had tinnitus, the longer Tinnitus Mix takes to see results. If you have had tinnitus for 1 year, it works within 1 week or so. Make sure you don't skip a night or your tinnitus will try to reform and you will have to start over.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Sure, I know the Sennheiser do not work. We have had many try them with no results and then they switch to the Koss and see results. I don't know about the other 2. In general the higher the upper frequency rating, the better, but that is no guarantee. Tinnitus Mix does increase cognitive ability so it may have similar properties as the neurofeedback you mention.

I do wish to test Tinnitus Mix on brain waves in the future as it may be altering them in positive ways.

When Tinnitus Mix stops or greatly reduces your tinnitus after the 3 weeks, you can stop using it. You may have to play it once or twice a week as maintenance. Some report never having to play it again.

tinnitus gone best.png

• Like Like x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks for your input and constructive criticism. I never want to be someone that rejects knowledge or ideas from anyone. As I said, Dr. Dinshen wrote the study, not me.

I do know that Tinnitus Mix works and just want to find out why and how. It most certainly is not placebo effect or residual inhibition and not people's imagination. The people that received improved hearing verified this with their doctors. Many get such dramatic results. It is amazing and life changing.

v2k gone best 1.png

from t talk t gone best.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    19. Bells

Bells Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I've been afraid to post my final review on David's Tinnitus Mix because of all the haters. It's like they don't want this thing to work. So that's why it's taken me over 2 years to post this.

I thought I own this to all the sufferers out there though, especially because David keeps showing my earlier update, and this is it: Tinnitus Mix worked for me! In total I used it for about 6 months instead of my planned 3 weeks and I experienced continued reduction in my tinnitus. I haven't listened to it for 2+ years now and I don't need to. After the 6 months of use my tinnitus had become so mild that I could only hear it in whisper quiet rooms and it's remained at that same level ever since.

Was it 100% Tinnitus Mix that made me better? I don't know... but I had had tinnitus for many years before starting on Tinnitus Mix so I do think it was Tinnitus Mix that I have to be grateful for.

• Like Like x 8
    20. Kevin12345

Kevin12345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      @R. David Case, I have ordered the Koss headphones, What do you recommend doing in the mean time if you don't have headphones that are compatible? is it better to not listen to it through compatible headphones or speakers?

I have been using the Sennheisser headphones for the last two nights. Should I stop listening, and wait until I have the Koss headphones? Should I play it through my iPhone speaker?

And is it true that a weird side effect, to see if it is working. Is the Koss headphones cord actually goes rock hard after a couple of hours playing the sound through the headphones?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes I would stop and wait for the Koss headphones.

Every headphone cord I have gets hard as glass after 30-50 days of playing Tinnitus Mix. We suspect it was from the 2.8 MHz messing with the rubber.

Screenshot 2021-10-24 at 10-32-57 (1) Facebook.png

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you, thank you @Bells for coming back and bravely posting the truth! These haters on this thread accused me of faking reviews and called me all kind of names. You're right, it is like they want to stop me from helping members here.

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. Rayk

Rayk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably loud music through headphones followed by Stress
      Hi @Bells.

How did you use the sound file - during the night or during the day? For how many hours? Every day? etc.

I find it difficult to wear the headphones while sleeping so have always given up before really starting.

24. Bells

Bells Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I used the Koss headphones and slept on my back, so not a problem for me. I listened to it while asleep, so most nights from 11 pm to 7 am.

If my tinnitus ever gets worse again, I will restart listening to it.

• Like Like x 3
    25. Rayk

Rayk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably loud music through headphones followed by Stress
      Thanks for the reply.

Going to give this another shot.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    26. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      Did you have hyperacusis at all?

27. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi @Bells, how long did you have tinnitus before starting with Tinnitus Mix? What was the cause and did you have it in both ears? When did you notice some improvements?

What kind of sounds you heard? Hissing or whistling.

Many questions :) sorry.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      If you cut a hole in a cheap foam pillow, the earpiece of the headphones will fit right in hole when sleeping on your side. You won't even know you have headphones on.

Screenshot_2020-12-17 DMI® Inflatable Ring Donut Seat Cushion, 16 Diameter, Blue.png

29. Burzum

Burzum Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have got off my pills after 1 year of addiction, and detoxing myself.

And today is 3rd day I will sleep without sleep pills, and sleep augmenting antipsychotic pills.

And the Tinnitus Mix CD helps to put me to sleep, but in my dream I take the headphones off.

One earbud of my 1More earbuds malfunctioned, I need to take it to repair. Because I sleep on my left side, and my left ear aches off the headphones. And I'm abroad now, I didn't take the pillow with me.

I have issue with v2k. I get images with my closed eyes.

30. OptimusPrimed
      Spaced

OptimusPrimed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma - Repeated gun blasts
      I do get some residual inhibition from Mr. Case's Tinnitus Mix. I might give it another long-term go.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1