I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      Can people on here who have tried it just say whether it worked or not? Tinnitus Mix sounds scary.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      I believe there is a handful (3-5 as best I can figure) that reported something positive over these 102 pages of propaganda.

• Funny Funny x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Many have tried Tinnitus Mix in this thread and got good results. Many more are scared to post because when they do, the haters start making fun of them.

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 07-57-14 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus.png

4. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who cares what others say on here?

If it worked for someone and you are reading this, PLEASE JUST TELL US!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      People don't respond to polls. Many leave the group or are busy with life. JUST READ the thread and you will see all the positive posts.

Screenshot 2021-09-18 at 09-01-04 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus.png

6. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Gotta be Koss headphones though, right?

Time away from headphones is part of what helped. Definitely wasn't sleeping while wearing them.

Lol.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The best is the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones but we have found these earbuds work well also:

earbuds.png

8. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      They should post in the Success Stories section and then bugger off if concerned about any negative feedback. It would still be highly beneficial to those still suffering.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 but not a problem till 10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music spiked with lyme disease
      They would post in the Success Stories if this worked beyond a short term placebo effect.

The fact that there isn't one Tinnitus Mix success story posted in that section is a valid point that I'm sure Mr Case will not accept. People will come back after a successful mushroom trip but they won't come back after Tinnitus Mix cured them? Well that sounds logical.

I think most people leave the forum because they've decided that constantly reading tinnitus posts may not be the best for the mental game. I adjusted to my tinnitus about 4 months into my spike. I would have left the forum but I like reading the research section. I also like reading Case's posts because they make me laugh and laughter is the best medicine. Thank you Mr Case.

10. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      No one is making fun of folks who report getting better, people are making fun of your bizarre defensiveness and obfuscations.

• Like Like x 2
    11. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      If you do a search of this member’s posts you will see that he was still suffering from tinnitus as of July 2021. The post cited by Mr. Case is dated January 2019.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      For hyperacusis do not put the headphones on ears, keep them away from ears, about 4 inches, and play Tinnitus Mix for 5 minutes on the first day and 10 minutes on the second day, etc until you can play it for hours a day.

I have a good update on Dr. De Ridder's testing of Tinnitus Mix. I have now helped a third patient of his to greatly reduce their tinnitus. He wants me to work with a technical university in the Netherlands!

Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 09-33-55 Inbox kefpembp protonmail com ProtonMail.png

• Like Like x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well I have been a member here for a long time and did not know there was a success story section. I suspect most members do not know about it.

Magic mushrooms? Really?

Tinnitus is not a laughing matter and I take it seriously as you should.

I have helped a third patient of Dr. De Ridder's greatly reduce their tinnitus and he wants me to work with a technical university in the Netherlands, so who is laughing now?

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You obviously have not been reading the thread, many report they are scared to post success stories about Tinnitus Mix because of the ridiculing negative people.

022.png

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 09-06-11 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus.png
      First of all his post is talking about how Tinnitus Mix helped his hyperacusis. He does not mention tinnitus. Many get reduction in both hyperacusis and tinnitus, some only hyperacusis and then it takes longer to knock out the tinnitus. It is 2 different conditions and the response can take different therapy lengths to see results in each condition. In general the longer you have had tinnitus the longer it takes for Tinnitus Mix to work.

Screenshot 2021-09-18 at 09-01-04 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus.png

Screenshot 2021-09-18 at 09-06-22 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus.png

Screenshot 2021-09-18 at 09-11-38 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus.png

15. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Are you serious?

16. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Are there actually people on here who haven't checked out Success Stories?
      I think that pretty much sums it up. He seems to do zero follow up. I also find it amusing that he thinks people don't see or pay attention to the Success Story section. It's one of the first things I checked out during my sleepless freak out phase.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes, a third patient reports good results from Tinnitus Mix and Dr. De Ridder wants me to work on tuning Tinnitus Mix to specific types of tinnitus by working with a technical university in the Netherlands. I don't come on this thread for entertainment like some people on this thread. Here is what the third patient emailed to Dr. De Ridder:

Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 09-33-55 Inbox kefpembp protonmail com ProtonMail.png

• Like Like x 1
    18. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      @EDDTEKK, you seem very curious about the legitimacy of this claim by @R. David Case.

Have you considered actually getting in contact with Dirk De Ridder to establish whether it is true or not?

Same goes to anyone else questioning its validity.

Personally I have no intention of trying "Tinnitus Mix", therefore I'm unconcerned either way, but this is something that should be very easy to uncover as bogus.

• Like Like x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You should try Tinnitus Mix, it has helped many that got tinnitus from ear infections.

T gone.png

20. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      While I appreciate the concern @R. David Case, and respect the belief you have in your own invention, I'm afraid I am going to have to decline to try it, as I have, after many years, finally achieved a state of symbiosis with my severe tinnitus.

So long as I obey the rules, and don't do anything to upset it, it causes me no problems (and vice versa).

Unfortunately I believe trying to "knock it out" would be a major violation of this treaty.

• Like Like x 2
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @EDDTEKK, @AfroSnowman, @rei...

If you people would read this thread you are posting on, you would KNOW Dr. De Ridder is recommending this therapy. Here is one of his patients' post from a while back.

Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 19-22-26 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus.png

22. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      Often what you post has this similar vibe of “trust me”, that makes my disinformation antennae stand up on end.

If Dr. De Ridder is recommending it to his patients, maybe you could ask him for a statement to that effect, explaining that the legitimacy of this treatment has unfairly been brought into question and that it would really help to legitimize what you are trying to do if he would vouch for it.

If he’s not comfortable doing that then maybe there is a reason other than being afraid of people being mean on this chat board. If he does (and please post his whole statement, not edited pieces), I think it would go a long way to quieting the casual dismissal of your treatment as quackery.

• Agree Agree x 5
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Dr. De Ridder is a very busy person and I am sure he does not have time to answer every troll.

He has his own Wikipedia page.

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 09-03-17 Dirk De Ridder (neurosurgeon) - Wikipedia.png

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 09-03-54 Dirk De Ridder (neurosurgeon) - Wikipedia.png

24. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I guess that proves it. Time to blow the dust off the Koss headphones.

25. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      Dr. De Ridder has tried one thousand methods to treat tinnitus, and all of them basically failed. Why do you think that your method will have better luck? My estimate is that he will abandon Tinnitus Mix on the same way as he has with all the other methods: lack of consistency, lack of efficacy, no rhyme or reason to really work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes, that's part of science, you try many things until you succeed. My success rate is running about 40-50 % with Tinnitus Mix in removing phantom sounds in those that follow instructions. Dr. De Ridder is the best person to test Tinnitus Mix and he is already seeing results that are promising.

You should be glad I am doing this for all the people suffering from tinnitus.

Screenshot 2021-09-18 at 09-30-13 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus.png

27. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      That’s sort of my point, you seem to affirm in your attached text bubble that you consider yourself a messiah figure. I see three names mentioned above. Do you see yourself more of the Buddha, Jesus, or the Mother Theresa type? Maybe a mix of the three? At its essence you are preaching a faith cure, which is fine, faith works, placebo effects are real.

But then you exaggerate and distort and edit and talk in circles to create an illusion of science and efficacy; there is no way on this God’s green earth that you are curing 50% of people who try it. It is your attempt to distort, create straw men (all us mean haters), and an us vs them mentality that is so disingenuous and much more in line with PT Barnum than Mother Theresa.

All of this wouldn’t really matter, a bit of harmless self aggrandizement, but between the high page count you've managed with your showmanship on this thread and your aggressive disinformation techniques, you really do confuse new sufferers that you have a magical cure. Hope is good, preying on the vulnerable to feed your Messiah complex is bad.

You claim to heal dozens, hundreds of people, but can't reveal their names for fear of persecution, Dr. De Ridder is prescribing it to patients, but can't tell us for fear of the haters, again it is all very silly but I can't shake the feeling it is harmful for the desperate souls looking for way out of this intractable condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. Rayk

Rayk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably loud music through headphones followed by Stress
      Give it a rest pal - I honestly don't think you're well @AfroSnowman.

What absolute drivel you spout.

You maintain this is rubbish and Mr. Case believes it works and never the twain shall meet.

So draw a line under it and leave it there please for all our sakes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I strongly disagree. Case just made some more claims he's not willing to back up and tried to dismiss us as trolls. This is coming from a man who didn't realize there's a Success Stories section. As for myself, I don't mind being proven wrong, I get to laugh at myself and learn something, but so far he has been very unconvincing. 102 pages and Case has yet to make a strong case.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    30. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      Sorry you feel this way. Like I said I feel impelled to question Mr. Case's claims because I think he is using, probably by instinct and perhaps sincerely, classic disinformation techniques to convince desperate people to try his cure. It is at best disingenuous and at worst dishonest and I fear it is harmful for people to see a promised cure proposed to them on this thread without a contextualizing post to give them a fair idea of how others see it.

I most certainly would not be posting here, as I don't on any other alternative treatment thread, if his promotion of this treatment was not dishonest. Again I'm not entirely convinced of my own supposition, but I do suspect that there is something harmful in using dishonesty to convince desperate people to try his treatment. As his payment is the fulfilling of what very much appears to be a Messiah complex (apologies for this as it sounds harsh, but he did just put up a post comparing himself to Jesus, Buddha, and Mother Theresa), I don't see how this is so different than other scams people run for money; just in this one we pay with our attention.